Return

Re: Round 3 Norwood v Sturt Post Match

Ask the former NSW Premier...
by Cambridge Clarrie
Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Central v Adelaide

Your board may not have let the comp down but your team sure have.

I was hoping for a winless season! One thing's for sure, 2014 is throwing up some unexpected results...
by Cambridge Clarrie
Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Passion for SANFL Football is Gone !!

I reckon it's been a great, close season. The 18 round season has been good, but most importantly my team hasn't been impacted by a heap of players not even from my club. Seamus has been able to choose his side each week on his own terms. You can bitch and moan about how it's an unpure competition but it was that way since 1991.

Ask a Panther supporter whether they've hated this year. I doubt it!

The sky didn't fall in guys...
by Cambridge Clarrie
Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Passion for SANFL Football is Gone !!

I reckon it's been a great, close season. The 18 round season has been good, but most importantly my team hasn't been impacted by a heap of players not even from my club.
Yeah, Kirkwood and Beard had absolutely no impact on your team....

Pretty sure they're Sturt players, just like Duldig and Kane are Sturt players. Called good recruiting. Your sorry excuse for a club should take note...
by Cambridge Clarrie
Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: adelaide oval SANFL experiance

Had a fantastic day. Watched both great games in a superb new stadium which had 100 times more atmosphere than Footy Park. The $7 hotdog I bought was so good I had two.

This really is a forum of negativity...
by Cambridge Clarrie
Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel 7 announced by SANFL as preferred telecast partn

Bounce of the ball wrote:Ginever is fine. Get rid of the boundary rider guy he is not the most enthused presenter I have seen or heard .

Agreed. He's failed the audition. I reckon Tim's good though.
by Cambridge Clarrie
Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 4 live scores

DOC wrote:All we have to do is stay there for the rest of the year!

Sturt by 26 with 26 gone

Worked for you in 91...
by Cambridge Clarrie
Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 4 - Sturt v West @ Peter Motley Oval (Sun 26/4)

A fair score line in the end thanks to a good last quarter by Sturt (particularly Kirkwood and Coad). Westies certainly didn't look like the wooden spoon side many predicted. Probably had the better of us for the first three quarters.

Still a lot of questions remaining at Unley. I'm hoping that the side just needs a few matches to gel. There are quite a few new faces this year.
by Cambridge Clarrie
Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Maybe the quality of posts is increasing while the quantity of posts is decreasing. There used to be a lot of crap punched back and forth. Maybe we're maturing! :lol:
by Cambridge Clarrie
Mon May 04, 2015 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: progessive

I'm assuming Sturt...
by Cambridge Clarrie
Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R3: Sturt v Centrals - Sunday 10 April @ Peter Motley Ov

Cambridge Clarrie wrote:Blues by 21 pts.

Told you so...
by Cambridge Clarrie
Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R10 - Sturt v Adelaide @ Unley Oval Sat

Great game, great crowd, great atmosphere, awesome result!

It's nice to have a team to hate as much as Port...

Fantastic effort by Sturt today. They just didn't give up. Martin, Riley, Kirkwood, F Evans, Lienert and Crocker were all brilliant. Evans' goal from the south western pocket was a ripper!

Proved today that we are genuine contenders...
by Cambridge Clarrie
Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 Preliminary Final Sturt v Adelaide 2:10pm Sunday

I just watched the game (recorded) and didn't notice any we got that weren't there ( the Ottens tackle on Riley was tough but technically there). Probably 3 or 4 that they weren't awarded that they could have been...

Sturt were first to the ball and reaped the rewards of that. The Crows were quite sloppy and undisciplined with their defensive efforts.

South and Central both put up very ordinary performances while Sturt applied constant pressure and generally executed well with a lot fewer turnovers than either of the aforementioned sides.

Leaving Kirkwood aside (obviously BOG), Hone, Lienert and Harms all played out of their skins. Hansen also fantastic but needs to make the most of his chances.

Next week will be a much tougher assignment.
by Cambridge Clarrie
Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

I know from my time with an SANFL Club in recent years the players look forward to playing the Crows and Port because it gives them an opportunity to test themselves against AFL listed players.
And the first two weeks of the finals proved that a finals quality SANFL team when matched up against a fully-fledged squad of AFL standard players fails that test dismally. I'm sure the Centrals and in particular the South players love the concept right now.

The Bulldogs and Panthers were as bad as the Crows were good. Both sides did themselves no favours in their respective games. If their players had played to their best they'd have been a lot closer or maybe even won!
by Cambridge Clarrie
Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 grand final crowd prediction

Looked every bit of 30,000 from where I was sitting. The hill hold a lot more standing than you'd think... SANFL should be very happy with that crowd. Well done to all of the Eagles fans who turned up, but if a Norwood (or god forbid) Port had made it, they would have topped 40k.

Cambridge Clarrie , did you get the table at the Presidents Lunch this year?

Was offered but I declined. Could never watch my team play for a premiership in such an environment...
by Cambridge Clarrie
Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 financials.

What an incredible result by the Sturt Football Club. Congratulations to all involved. I understand that $250k was a result of the SANFL payment, but nevertheless, this is a remarkable turnaround and great credit must go to Sue Dewing (in particular), Jason Kilic and the board. Other clubs will be looking to emulate the great SFC both on, and off, the field!
by Cambridge Clarrie
Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 2020

Groucho wrote:That was not good. Nothing positive to take from that game at all.

I disagree. I thought Nicholas Lange was exceptionally good. Best on ground IMO. I’ll be carefully watching his progress...
by Cambridge Clarrie
Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 2020

That was not good. Nothing positive to take from that game at all.

I disagree. I thought Nicholas Lange was exceptionally good. Best on ground IMO. I’ll be carefully watching his progress...

Are you taking the you know what?

I agree Nick was Central's best player but apart from Boyd and maybe Schiller the rest were pretty ordinary.
How often does a player from the losing side get 3 Magarey Medal votes. I predict Sturt will get all 3 votes or Maybe Nick will get a sympathy 3 rd best vote.

You said you took no positives out of the game. I said Nick’s performance was very positive.

Enjoy another year of mediocrity...
by Cambridge Clarrie
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GRIMA GONE

As an outsider, I’m disappointed in the club if this is true. Nathan has a tough job this year. He lost a heap of first pick players last year and had to deal with the effects of Covid. With the youthful team we had, I always thought we’d have an inconsistent season. He deserved 2021 to put together a campaign on which to be fairly assessed.
by Cambridge Clarrie
Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary final Glenelg v South

am Bays wrote:Can someone ring SAPOL on 131 444 and do an Missing Persons report for Joel Cross tonight?

A-grade Flog comment. Hope you get pumped next week. You haven’t had a player of Cross’s caliber in the last 25 years…
by Cambridge Clarrie
Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |