Search found 123 matches

Return

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

cennals05 wrote:You are a nothing club now.

Or you're not a club now.

(with apologies to Maggies supporters who aren't Beenreal or complete tools. Spot the deliberate tautology. )
by topsywaldron
Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

beenreal wrote:I believe in Fos Williams vision for the Port Adelaide Football Club to move beyond state boundaries.

by topsywaldron
Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Garry Hocking to coach Port's Reserves (SANFL) in 2014

beenreal wrote: How about do us all a favour and remove your reference to Port Adelaide Magpies in you Teams list BW. You obviously don't want to barrack for us.

He's more of a Port supporter than you'll ever be.
by topsywaldron
Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Draw

prowling panther wrote:I would be happy to pay more, and a $2 tax just to keep him.

I'd be happy to pay more plus a tax for the AWFUL reserves teams to eff off.
by topsywaldron
Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel 7 announced by SANFL as preferred telecast partn

Given the Crows really aren't a club to call the people who attend their games 'fans' is probably incorrect

i believe the correct term for people who attend Crows games is 'Marketing Opportunities'.
by topsywaldron
Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes First Test Live Discussion

The Redbacks would put up a better effort than this!

Lets not get carried away!

waiting for the 'SACK BOOF' thread :roll:

At least the Australians are playing entertaining cricket. :D

Some of these chancers need to focus less on the big mouthed mental disintegration pre-series tactics and more on learning whether you use the flat or bumpy bit of the bat when they're out there.
by topsywaldron
Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big Phil wrote:I have it on pretty good authority that Justin Hardy's knee is pretty bad and he'd be lucky to be right to go by Round 10 next year. Has to have another operation and actually may not play footy again, from what I heard...

Jilted super fan post of the year IMHO.
by topsywaldron
Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

whufc wrote:Are we including all reserves footballers for all clubs in the Iist, because Joe Bloggs has left Centrals to a division 182 club in the ammo league

He'll get picked up by the Port Awesome Sooper Dooper Academy and transformed into the world's best footballer I'm sure.
by topsywaldron
Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Look, full credit, you've worked really hard on trying to take a ludicrous notion and make it sound almost reasonable and logical.

But it's not. It's nutty.

There's a few of them at it too, maybe if we say slowly ...

The. Port. Magpies. Are. No. Longer. A. Club. But. Are. A. Reserve. Team.

..a few of the flat earthers might get it?
by topsywaldron
Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I reakon there's more interest in the status of the Power reserves team than the competition they play in.
by topsywaldron
Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

Nothing more to see here folks, back to mocking the Power etc.

How's the Crows karma bus coming along this year? Pretty good from where I'm seated, jumper fiasco and Van Berlo make them, once again, the laughing stock of SA footy.

Let's just hope they lose every game and FIGJAM Sanderson gets the ar*e.
by topsywaldron
Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The relentless f*ckwitdness of the Crows and Power supporters on this thread reminds me what we've lost when we admitted their f*cktard ilk into the SANFL.
by topsywaldron
Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The relentless f*ckwitdness of the Crows and Power supporters on this thread reminds me what we've lost when we admitted their f*cktard ilk into the SANFL.

English would be nice

Ilk throw you oik?

nope didn't throw me, just trying to understand what you where saying. What have you lost. What has any power support on this thread said, to remind you of your so call loss?

I rest my case re the whole English as a second language thing

Just sh*ts me to tears that you mindless sheep who follow the two AFL teams from Adelaide thinks the sun shines out of your collective ar*es.

You know what, I don't give a flying *uck what the Power or the Crowz do, pretend clubs in an artificial league, they do not, and will never, represent South Australian football heritage no matter how many state jumpers or creeds exploited for commercial advantage they flog off to the brain dead twerps who think they barrack for them.
by topsywaldron
Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The real point was Peter Rohde referring to it as an internal trial with 'some Magpies top up players playing'.
by topsywaldron
Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Reserves - Q&A with UK Fan

The introduction of the Crowz and Po'er reserves teams has certainly done what the SANFL Commission said it would and has amped up interest in the SANFL to an almost unbearable degree.

I can barely keep up with all the millions of comments on this forum these days let alone wade though the acres of coverage of the eight clubs pre-season training. Let's hope those poor souls in the marketing departments at the clubs put on extra people to process the thousands of extra memberships sure to be flowing through the door any day now.

Just imagine what it'll be like when the actual * games start! Crikey!!

(*) = not really meaningful anymore but no one will notice
by topsywaldron
Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL Catch Cry

Leigh strikes me as the kind of bloke who'd insist on AM being written after his name at all times. God help the office flunkey who writes this merde if they forget.
by topsywaldron
Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trial Game Week 2 Discussion

To say the least, a bit unfair on Topsy. Hardly the biggest fan of all that has transpired out there of late.

Joe's cut and run, voting yes then resigning, doesn't really need commenting on. His actions speak for themselves.

What sh*ts me to tears more than anything is that there'll be no washback for the gutless hacks that sit on the SANFL Boards and on the Commission. By the time their insane decision has reached the endpoint, the effective death of the SANFL, they'll all be gone.

I had one animated discussion with a noted Norwood advertising shill who sits on the Commission who simply couldn't have been more pleased with himself about what he and his cronies had forced through. That he couldn't answer the simple question about how he expected the SANFL clubs to attract members under the age of forty from now on says everything.
by topsywaldron
Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eric 2014

Who'll join the rest of us as we greet the SANFL Commissioners as they head into their jolly at Adelaide Oval this week?

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/page_3/2381/

It's exactly the kind of back slapping love fest that deserves to be disrupted by some loud home truths.
by topsywaldron
Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So it's here and that is it. So get off your arses and support your SANFL team and don"t let these buggers win..

Unfortunately the act of going to games and supporting my club will be construed as tacit approval of the rancid new 'competition' so, and I speak only for myself, can't see that happening.
by topsywaldron
Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If the Cows and Puffs were to be kicked out of the SANFL next year or the year after, do people think the SANFL would flourish again or gradually fade away into a 500 to 1000 person attended compition?(

It would depend on whether the League and the club's directors had the courage to realise the SANFL is never going to be the AFL-lite and focused on being the community based competition it actually is. Or, as of six months ago, was.

A mate of mine whose kids go Norwood Primary swears that not once have the club ever sent a flier, leaflet, player, free tickets or indeed any kind of communication to the school in the last five years. The school is about forty metres from the centre circle of Norwood Oval.

There's your problem IMHO.
by topsywaldron
Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Truer word never spoken. Just thought you might have had something of substance for us. ;)

3000 odd posts in, you should know better by now.
by topsywaldron
Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The future of West Adelaide.

Booney wrote:"Acquired Properties". :lol:

Interestingly the name of the company doesn't say how they're acquired.

Mind you 'Bought it off a guy in the Pub Properties' or 'Fell off the Back of Truck Properties' doesn't have the same ring.
by topsywaldron
Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Reserves Round 1 / League Trial Games

The player who tried to take Newtons head off in a practice match is a piece of ****. Plain and simple.

Lucky he did it on the football field and not a king-hit out in town or he'd have to face some real consequences.

You can't go around trying to ruin other peoples lives because they are better than you.

Hark at Mr Dramatic.

Glad you never saw Darryl Poole play football, you'd have never recovered.
by topsywaldron
Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel 7 announced by SANFL as preferred telecast partn

Let's run a book on how many times the bullsh•t phrase 'new era' gets trotted out.
by topsywaldron
Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 LIVE scores

The commentators seem surprised Norwood are trying.
by topsywaldron
Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1- Norwood v Port @ Norwood Post Match

Fos Williams would be rolling in his grave to see the prisonbar jumper desecrated like that. That you would equate games played by actual champs like Ebert, Motley and Cahill to those handed out willy nilly tonight is staggering.

At least Beeny would have had a sh•t time tonight.
by topsywaldron
Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Last year's game was NOT on a school night and NOT live on free TV. Throw in the all the negativity about AFL Reserves and I was expecting a LOT lower.

I have total respect your passion for the SANFL Phil and you've done a sh*t load more than me in encouraging people to attend and follow it. No argument there. I do however suspect that even you, in your heart of hearts, know that trying to connect SANFL clubs with their local communities, the only constituency that will sustain them through the decades, will become almost impossible with the inclusion of the 2 new teams.
by topsywaldron
Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RB wrote:Did the Power promise 4k/game or was that just the Crows? From what I hear there were slightly more than 2k Norwood fans.

How dare you hold people to account for broken promises, half truths and flat out lies.

Roll over and celebrate the #newera like all true fans of South Australian football.
by topsywaldron
Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done to Dugga and all the debutants on the win.
by topsywaldron
Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Footy SA - New Channel 9 TV Show on SA Football

Dogwatcher wrote:Melbourne. Hutchy is on the Sunday Footy Show. That aspect makes sense to me, if it is felt important that Hutchy hosts it to give credence to the program.

Best backhanded insult of the day there DW.
by topsywaldron
Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lack of forward line cost us as expected. Midfield was a lot poorer in getting the ball out of stoppages and delivering it than I expected. Oh well. Guess the doomsdayers were wrong.

No, the fact that Port people don't care the Magpies lost is proof the doomsayers were spot on.

I'm a port person and I care that we lost, so your post is now void. Nice try at being a troll though.

You'd be in a very small minority. Well done .

Btw I don't troll supporters of reseves teams, I do have standards you know.
by topsywaldron
Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 2 - Central v Norwood @ Playford Alive Oval (Sat 12/

Dogwatcher wrote:Champagne breakfast, I think.

Toffs. Leave the Range Rovers at home etc etc
by topsywaldron
Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows reserves supporters

Let's just say that I'll certainly be there in my Crows gear.

Is there an ironic subtext to this I'm missing?

I've detested the rancid actions of my club over the last six months but could never, would never actively barrack against them as this guy seems to be implying he will be.

For mine , it casts into sharp relief the insanity of having the two new teams in the comp where you're forced to choose between your bullsh*t underachieving rabble, ie the Crowz, and your original SANFL club.
by topsywaldron
Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: LIVE SCORES - Round 4

You watch some nimrod Port and Crowz fans take credit for the decent crowd.
by topsywaldron
Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:D

I liked it better when the Bays lost in front of 2800 people.

So did I

At least the game meant something, not the glorified practice match it is now.
by topsywaldron
Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

D

I liked it better when the Bays lost in front of 2800 people.

So did I

At least the game meant something, not the glorified practice match it is now.
so if your side wins the flag this year, it won't mean anything???

No chance of it happening but even if it did it'd mean a whole lot less than last year's.

Just my opinion of course but if the custodians of the comp don't take the comp seriously why should I?
by topsywaldron
Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 5 - Adelaide v Port Magpies @ Clare Oval (Sun 4/5)

heater31 wrote:Any chance gentlemen of discussing this weeks match?

Match implies a competitive fixture.

Now if you'd said 'this week's trial game' you'd be on the money.

Like anyone cares who wins this absolute effing travesty.
by topsywaldron
Fri May 02, 2014 2:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 5 - Adelaide v Port Magpies @ Clare Oval (Sun 4/5)

No they haven't, interest in and media coverage of the SANFL has decreased this year.

The two new clubs have attracted interest but solely in terms of their league teams, not the competition they're playing in.

crowds and ratings are both up on last year.

Membership of the eight constituent clubs is the big indicator for me, anecdotally only one club has shown an increase on last year.

(And they're all probably daschunds anyway ;) )
by topsywaldron
Sat May 03, 2014 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R5 - Adelaide v Port Reserves Post Match

Macca19 wrote:Good win. Crowd was like a morgue. Never heard a quieter crowd at any sporting event.

Surely you're not surprised, the Clare derby before it was a immeasurably more meaningful contest.
by topsywaldron
Mon May 05, 2014 10:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R5 - South V WWT Eagles Post Match

Booney wrote:On a side note, did South take the AFL reserves debate to the members to vote upon?

Is that you kickinit?
by topsywaldron
Mon May 05, 2014 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 6 LIVE scores

Dols wrote:]there is a whinge thread for people like you[LOUDLY CRYING FACE]

There is a comp for you, it's called the AFL. (Insert retardation emoticon)
by topsywaldron
Sun May 11, 2014 6:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by topsywaldron
Sun May 11, 2014 6:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

matt35 wrote:Talk of panic is nonsense!

Disregarding facts is nonsense.

Membership is down at the majority of the eight SANFL clubs, that's the ultimate determinant of the health of the comp.

You just pop your commemorative Tex Walker mullet wig back on and leave the discussion to the grown ups.
by topsywaldron
Sun May 11, 2014 11:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How many measured posts from everyone opposed to the two new teams do you AFL supporting hacks need to freaking get it?

Put really, really simply the introduction of two clubs whose goals are not shared by the rest of the competition and who play under a different set of rules destroys the integrity of the competition as a whole.

Their strength or weakness as teams is neither here nor there.
by topsywaldron
Mon May 12, 2014 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why interests me is how these so called professional clubs finds these kinds of costs a mystery.

Lots of complaining afterwards, big surprise there, but what's the use of all the fancy MBAs in the world if you don't bother to look at the costs borne in concert with the revenue.

It would come as no surprise to the club that traffic management expenses would be incurred, why are they complaining now? It implies they didn't know what they were actually going to be before the first invoice turned up.

As always with the AFL clubs they like to barrel on about best practice but when reality hits you realise they've not got a clue.
by topsywaldron
Wed May 21, 2014 3:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just emailed this to Chris Davies.

Hi Chris,

I know your job is to sell the concept of the two reserves teams being a meaningful part of the SANFL but for a vast majority of SANFL supporters you are fighting a losing battle, to put it mildly and politely. Enough has been written about the destruction of integrity, the insurmountable distortions of having three different sets of rules for the teams that it doesn't need repeating here.

This season was always going to go Ok, ok being the operative word here, your employers couldn't afford it not to. However it claim crowds are up doesn't help your cause especially when it's such a risibly small number and bolstered by one off events like Walker playing for the Ravens on a long weekend.

What's more concerning are membership numbers and the crowds at games between the eight remaining SANFL teams, across the board they are down. You may point to TV figures but given our massive investment in the coverage you'd be concerned if they hadn't improved. And this investment came at a time we were told without the two AFL teams financial armageddon would engulf the remaining teams.

What's missing in all of this is the long term view, after you, John and the rest of the Commission have long departed. How you expect the eight clubs to attract members after five or ten years of having two afl clubs sucking up every kid, dollar and inch of media attention is beyond me.

The challenge for the decision makers at the SANFL over the last few years has been to subtly reposition the competition as a community based, affordable alternative to the AFL. The example of Phil Herden at The Eagles should have been your template for community engagement and involvement. Instead you, and Leigh and John, chose to take the easy option of shoehorning two teams who have destroyed the integrity and meaning of the SANFL into the competition. By doing so you have destroyed any chance of the SANFL being a meaningful, relevant sporting competition not only today but into the future.

Enjoy your nice seat and Rockford's Basket Press tonight.

Sincerely,
by topsywaldron
Sat May 24, 2014 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8 - North v Port - Post game

To win each quarter despite losing two players in the first 10 minutes was a great effort and showed the heart of our great footy club out there.

All class those North supporters - one got reported for racial abuse against Jake Neade.

They are indeed the classiest of classy SANFL fans.

I must have dreamt the cheery 'p**fter g**k c*unt' Sudjai Cook was getting called from the outer at Alberton a few years back.
by topsywaldron
Sun May 25, 2014 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is you interest so far in the SANFL competition in

Of course i am less interested. Who could possibly be more interested in this compromised farce? I think the fans of traditional sanfl clubs that are still interested are only maintaining it for love of club, that is the only reason i am maintaining a minimal interest now. I have not been to a norwood game since anzac day whereas last year i went to every game. I was thinking about going on friday night but i was sick during the week and didn't want to re aggravate my illness. Why sacrifice for norwood?? Unlike many here i have a diversified range of interests, including other sports, and my life does not revolve entirely around a foorball club. I am about to be lost to australian football forever.

Great post.

Saddest thing out of all this for me is not being able to enjoy the footy with my kids in the same way I did with my dad.
by topsywaldron
Sun May 25, 2014 7:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live scores

Bahahahaha you guys are just too easy!!!!!!!!!
are you saying it is too easy to get a reaction from a number of SAFooty posters who are clearly emotionally affected by what has happened to the league they

Of course I am, you blokes are pathetic.

But at least we're smart enough to realise that fifteen people going or not going to a game won't affect a result.

Rather be pathetic than not very smart.
by topsywaldron
Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Love how you can use 44 games as evidence that everything's dandy Matt.

Force your underused synapses five years into the future and you'll see an irrelevant competition followed by a few half cut diehards and nearly zero kids supporting an SANFL team.

That's why the decision to allow the two alien teams has been so vigorously opposed, in your febrile mind 'whinging', not because crowds may or may not have gone up this year.
by topsywaldron
Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |