Search found 362 matches

Return

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Decent weather at Victor yesterday, not a drop of rain and bursts of sun.

Unfortunately my golf only had bursts of mediocre. 2 lost balls, a 4-putt, and many shots out of trees.

95 for a nett 80- my handicap continues to slide.

On the other side- the shot tracking at the Pat driving range (on course, not Drummond) is superb and worth your while. Took the kids last weekend.
by MatteeG
Mon May 29, 2023 2:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:A 4 Putt!

Surely not.

Yep. Been a few years since I'd done that. Was only from about 20 foot too. Left the first one well short then annihilated the second put about 10 foot past. By the time I tapped in I was rocking in the foetal position and my son was laughing his head off in the cart.
by MatteeG
Mon May 29, 2023 10:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Vines yesterday. Cool and breezy but no rain.

Course boggy in patches but greens still sharp.

Driving inconsistent, irons inconsistent, putting very average. 28 points.

Looking to get some more regular hits to try and get back to something resembling golf.
by MatteeG
Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:Same for us Monthly medal.

Double on the first the day didn’t improve, in the water twice on the same hole, hit the club roof teeing off on the 9th, 3 putted twice. Didn’t do anything well………….

Nett 80. My worst score in as long as I can remember.

No 4 putts? Rookie.
by MatteeG
Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Played the Pat last Sunday. Stableford. Had a sore shoulder/neck for the previous few days and still wasnt 100% but had a go.

Course was very wet, a few puddles scattered on the fairways.

First 4 holes were a disaster, Drive on 1 plonked into the bunker on right and got greedy getting out, straight into the lip. Scrubbed after missing a 4 foot point putt. 7. Second hole a scrub after 3 bunker shots. 3rd and 4th marginally better but only 1 point on each.

Decided I was swinging purely to look after my shoulder- changed to swinging hard and actually hitting the dam thing. Smoked the tee shot of the Par 3 5th to 12 foot and narrowly missed. From the 5th to the 18th scored 36 points including 23 on the back 9.

Wouldn't say I played brilliantly but wedges and approach shots were very good. Putting solid.

Winner had 42 with 4 birdies so I was happy with the 38 (2 birdies).

Next game Murray Bridge in 3 weeks
by MatteeG
Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This Sunday at Murray Bridge. Hope the weather clears and stays clear.

Stroke round, may be a few soft tee shots being had!
by MatteeG
Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Played Murray Bridge on Sunday- good conditions, mainly sun until last couple of holes where some drizzle moved in.

Tees were generous and Greens in fantastic condition, perhaps the best I have seen them there.

Shot an 81 for nett 66 which included a stinking 8 on the Par 5 8th which should never happen (got greedy trying to fly the trees) and a 7 on the Par 4 7th.

Driving was solid again and irons improved.

Will miss our next scheduled game at Sth Lakes in a fortnight but should be back for the next one at Willunga.
by MatteeG
Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good scoring MG, did they still have the rough long?

Seems a weird choice to have a pro comp at Willunga, would think there will be some real low scores.

Playing 18 at Vines Thursday morning

Rough was OK- have also cleared a lot of trees along the 9th/10th fairways. Had an almost uninterrupted crack off the tee at the 9th green, finished out 15 m short
by MatteeG
Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:only to be met by the coring machine on the 2nd hole

Ouch! Had that once before at Willunga. Skipped a few holes to get ahead, but as you said the greens ahead were rolled and absolute lightning!
by MatteeG
Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crown Melbourne Accom

Stayed in the Promenade a couple of years ago which is the cheapest of the three and thought it was decent value for the deal I got (perhaps $250/night). Probably isn't that anymore but anything more than that I couldn't justify.

Promenade - Metropol - Towers in order of price/class, cheapest to most expensive.

Yep have stayed in all 3, Towers if you can stretch that far price wise. Metropol is really nice. Promenade is fine, but more of a budget version of the other 2.
by MatteeG
Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals Week 1

daysofourlives wrote:Burton gets Greene

He'll get torched IMO
by MatteeG
Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

Lightning McQueen wrote:Losing another young friend to the black dog.

The helplessness burns inside.

Sad to hear LM.
by MatteeG
Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |