Search found more than 1525 matches

Return

Re: Round 2 and all that it brings

Loving Bomber Thompson on the broadcast.
by DOC
Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Speaking of Bomber, saw him on Footy 360 and on the radio yesterday. He maintains that he never received the face to face invite that Essendon said he did. When quizzed that he must have known it was on he said it was a low priority for some past players as they are still heavily involved in football. He was quizzed as to whether he had moved house, changed phones email etc and said no change for five years. He did say that Geelong often failed to get his address right but no problems with Essendon.

His final word was that he had made a commitment to be somewhere and he honoured it.

He has a full time gig doing special comments if he wants it. Outstanding today.
by DOC
Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Essendon with some early PEP but the TIDE may turn.

Sorry.
by DOC
Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: West v Adekaide Fri 7.10

Not lucky mate. Played the better footy. Its wednesday and no banter yet or, heaven forbid, some pre game analysis.

Have just heard that the crows may also be giving a game to " the lucky bastard who couldn't run out of sight on a dark night two years ago at country football training but is now to be a league footballer due to three others being unavailable because of a wedding".
by DOC
Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

woodublieve12 wrote:Gee wiz there is a fair bit of carry regarding the great work Bernard did on danger.

I saw footage today and danger got a little bump several times but carried on like he got hit by a semi trailer

Imagine if he carried on like Adam Goodes.
by DOC
Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anzac Day

The far canal?
by DOC
Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 4 live scores

All we have to do is stay there for the rest of the year!

Sturt by 26 with 26 gone
by DOC
Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

Clarkson fine.

That dickhead has just added extra expense to a game that is already too far from grassroots footy.

Needs to be found, named shamed and banned.
by DOC
Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Kym Morgan in today's Advertiser, on Norwood v Adelaide this Friday.
" There is the possibility of a farcical situation where Adelaide could field 21 top up players in a move that would hurt the competitions integrity"

Well Kym, new to football?

Have any idea on what the introduction of the reserves sides has done to the integrity of the SANFL (you may know it as the state league)?

Has your reporting of the CROWS and PORT regarding the benefits they bring to the league met any, yes any of the stated expectations (I refer to your articles in 2014).

In the article, you say Heath Younie said that the well being of his younger players had to take priority.

These comments could and perhaps should have lead to some good questioning, such as if the well being of the young players is a priority, why do some of the top up players play twice such as Justin Bollenhagen who did his hamstring in the second match?

Given that you are playing in THEIR competition, shouldn't you play by their rules?

And finally, do you really think that Heath Younie would have much influence over the final decision given his role?

My tip is that Younie has almost no say on matters like this and his views do not replicate those of Phil Walsh and other Crows hierarchy who have publically stated that the AFL is already getting too far away from grassroots footy.

Leave the suckholing to Rucci.
by DOC
Mon May 04, 2015 7:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Round 7 Adelaide v Port Balaklava Sunday 1.10pm

More interest if it was a race meeting.
by DOC
Sun May 10, 2015 11:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7B - Live Scores

Huge turnaround for the boys. They played well today against a very gallant North Adelaide. Need to see more of these matches as they are truly good to watch. Too many headbands though for my liking!

South had a 13 year old play today and he is big lad at 187cm and 87 kg.

The hard work of many years paying some dividends.

Grand Final next Saturday at 1140. Venue TBA
by DOC
Sat May 23, 2015 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South vs West Noarlunga Saturday 15.8.

Touché. Pretty much unchartered territory for us hence my ignorance.

The last time we had the same coach for four years was when we had one signed for five.
by DOC
Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Full 2016 SANFL Draw

For sale: Four light towers, suitable for football, one owner, cost a gazillion but will take best offer.

Do we get a refund on our " I saw the light" tee shirt?
by DOC
Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

Big Phil wrote:Could a player be tempted into a return back to his original SANFL club?

Andrew Ainger asked if he could come back but we said no. Pity. There are no night games for us next year.
by DOC
Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australia v Windies - Test series

Love watching a tai ender value is wicket. Great 50. Would make the side as a batsman on this effort.
by DOC
Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Wristy

The Roaring 40's cafe in Angaston is quite good. Salters at Saltrams has the added advantage of being able to buy your wine at the cellar door and drink it there.
by DOC
Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015/16 Big Bash League

Channel 10 Should be offering an apology for Howie.
by DOC
Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's the Kiwi accent
by DOC
Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

darley16 wrote:Did Rigby used to play for the Bays?

Not at league level. Unsure about other grades.
by DOC
Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How do you eat your finger buns?

With butter, not margarine, juicy sultanas. One of life's pleasures.
by DOC
Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

bennymacca wrote:
valleys07 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Great preview Valleys.

Cheers Benny. When can we expect your Crows preview?

when my boss has an afternoon where she isnt working in the same lab as me :D

If you work in a lab, should'nt your avatar read meth..........
by DOC
Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where to for Glenelg

I understand that this is the case. I do not know how much of what he was told had on the ultimate decision.

He/Norwood went from an absolute no to a yes in less than a week.

Not sure if I drop the name (I am sure many posters already know) that the mods will be too happy so I will PM you.
by DOC
Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield Season 2015/2016

Is there an Australian Selector on duty at the game.... does anyone know?

If we get the chockies, and host the final, will Junior or Bacchus be taking an interest in the game?

Sayers is close to Aussie selection, and Head just made another ton, on what WAS a difficult wicket, with Bird a current test bowler in the line up...you'd think they would be interested... right?

Rod Marsh was there yesterday.
by DOC
Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 Season Predictions

Port
Adelaide
Eagles
South
Norwood
Centrals
West
Glenelg
Sturt
North

The 60 rotation cap will favour the two AFL sides greatly.
by DOC
Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1, South v Glenelg (Good Friday @ Noarlunga)

Just some comments on the game......

Glenelg have recruited well enough to make them a far better side than the last couple of years. They would appear to have also put plenty of time in the gym. There goal to goal line is probably going to be the bigggest in the league. Very surprised that Alleway was able to go all day with the amount of running that he did. I thought he was their best. The running did affect his kicking late in the game.

The new rules. Don't mind the last touch rule. It like all the umpiring yesterday was consistent. Not as sure about the holding the ball rule but if you are on it you have to flap like a chook or else. 51 frees for the game were probably all there and this would have included about 15 out of bounds frees.

The rotations. We, like Glenelg were completely spent by the 10 min mark of the last quarter. We did not score in the last and Glenelg whilst having chances wee unable to convert. The kicking for/towards goal when going for distance was wayward. Fatigue will be a factor. Perhaps we will all learn to cope, time will tell.

South had two new recruits. Barnes had enough of it to suggest he may be able to make the transition from country footy. Hitchcock was good and will be a valuable player. Fills the small forward role very well and wit the absence of Peter Rolfe until at least mid year should be able to cement his spot.

I thought our better players were Cross, Liddle, Irra, Hitchcock, Guilden (who played down back), Rankine and Fields (the rebound from the back 50 is a weapon).

Bass was beaten in the ruck hitouts (thought Mcginty was very good) but his extra efforts around the ground are valuable and his fitness is important with the limit in rotations. Crabbie was on Alleway and was dragged up the ground constantly. De Visser was steady on his return.

Quiet games from Overall and Heaslip who will come under pressure this week with the expected return of Xavier Gotch.

One suggestion for the league. Include the number of rotations in the live stats. There is much interest in it now.
by DOC
Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 4- Central v South (Saturday @ Elizabeth)

South win all four grades. Been a while and even longer against Centrals.
by DOC
Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Biggest Premiership Hangovers - West 2015/16

I'd give my left nut for a premiership hangover.

I'd give my right nut for a succesive finals hangover.
by DOC
Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Effectively saying there is a group of club directors who have met to discuss concerns. Whatever they feel the best course of action is will need to be ratified by the Commission. Interesting that Rooch discounts the Crows placing a team in the Amateur League due to lack of infrastructure. Would have been nice if some decision makers and the media had the common sense to realise that when they voted, rather than consider it as a genuine option up the Crows sleeve.

And the discussion has started that they, the commission, need to go. They came in for the AFL liscence which evolved to liscences, they have gone so why still have them. Its not like they do it for free.

8 team comp, 21 rounds final four. Any takers?
by DOC
Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 6 LIVE Scores

Vandalism??

We were broken into last night. All the beer and meat stolen from the past players and the Panther club.. Well done to the volunteers who spent their hard earned to get the show rolling again.
by DOC
Sun May 01, 2016 8:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R6: South v Adelaide - Sunday 1st May @ Hickinbotham Ov

The reserves got up as well yesterday beating the Eagles who have not lost in two years.
by DOC
Mon May 02, 2016 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R18 - WWT Eagles v Sturt @ Woody Oval

Getting dark outside. Might be a late change for the eagles.
by DOC
Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 22 - South v Adelaide @ Hickinbotham Oval (Sat 27/

Anyhow, we won. 10 zip at home. Double chance.

Our best:

Seccul, Cross Eddy, Integrity, Car Parking, BBQ and Beer.
by DOC
Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Centrals V Adelaide Saturday September 3 12:10

Didn't think the inclusion of Carey would have made that much difference.
by DOC
Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

He has been in town for a while. Stays with a long time South supporter and has a few beers at my local.
by DOC
Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Preliminary Finals

Current day? How does it become a drought if you don't regard the past?

Ignorance is not recognising that Hawthorn has the worst record of all the clubs from their beginning to their first premiership or grand final appearance.

I do know a lot about crap records in football but nothing to do with the crows.
by DOC
Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ben Warren and Norwood part company!

Saw Roger James having coffe on the parade. Even had a notebook.
by DOC
Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ben Warren and Norwood part company!

Yep:

CIBO is code for

Coaches
In
Between
Offers
by DOC
Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

If it was me, try to hold out.

The stress of achieving at work sounds like it is coming to an end. The extra stress that you may get with increased payments etc may only add to your problems. Taking out two loans will normally incur two sets of fees. Increasing the size of the loan without negotiating a longer period to pay it back will tighten your finances by about $120 per week on your time frame.

It's easy to say just hold out but I know first hand of people who get trapped on the credit cycle and have nothing to show for it at the end.

5k For a holiday may be a little or a lot depending on your circumstances. If it's time away you really want perhaps think of something closer to home. A lot of expense for some holidays is the travel Such as air fares. A tank of fuel will get you a long way.
by DOC
Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GRAND FINAL SYDNEY VS WESTERN BULLDOGS

I would have given a medal to Dr Gary (nice mo) Zimmerman. He is there every game and been doing it for years. I bet his input has been highly valued in correctly diagnosing injuries and getting them back on the field.

We should remember you win the flag not the medal. And its a club that wins it not the representive(s) on the ground.
by DOC
Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2016/2017

The players like Head as well.
by DOC
Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:How many of the folks on here visit a local pub on a weekly basis?

How often do you go to your local?

Most weeks and anywhere from once to four times. I only go to ensure I do my 10000 steps per day.
by DOC
Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016/17 NBL Season

First time in 18 years to win the Sydney series 3-0.
And effectively did it coming from bottom.
by DOC
Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer

I think all of this talk of Cartwright playing is unlikely. He was not born in NSW, does not live in NSW does not play for NSW. Haven't checked further but hard to see him getting selected without fulfilling the NSW criteria.
by DOC
Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 SANFL Fixture

VALE PARK wrote:3 byes,
to me 1 is enough (for a break mid season) if you really want to grow the brand.

yep. One is plenty. Long breaks hurt more than they help.
by DOC
Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Controversial Run Out

Five metres past the crease with the bat above the ground and a player hops up would be out by this logic. If not attempting another run a run out should not be an option.

After each run a team could break the stumps and check via slo mo if his feet are both in the air? Perhaps when he is changing his shoes with the physio? Maybe ping the ball at him?

I say crap referal by the umpire.
by DOC
Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Summer of Tennis

Great two weeks.

The pre match entertainment , Nigel Kennedy, rated as worst ever (including the meatloaf debacle).
by DOC
Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jack wrote:Roof tiles, second hand
Wheres the best places to purchase a few replacement tiles ,in the north or north east suburbs ?

Got mine at magill salvage near the tower hotel.
by DOC
Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Plenty on here think that the afl have in effect diverted money away from sanfl to fund this.
No, but plenty of us think that a similar amount could be spent on setting up a proper AFL reserves league.
These AFLW will be the reserve side curtain raiser in the near future once all teams have a side

If they played reserves utilising those on the list that don't get a game with their best female players then no need to have top up players.

Mixed. You know it makes sense.
by DOC
Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Recognition of a local lad (photographer as a pastime) from overseas.
[url]
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3033214/b ... australia/[/url]
by DOC
Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |