Search found more than 1530 matches

Return

Re: Round 8 - Mum’s the word...

Thinking Luke Hodge is one of the better special comments men I have heard.
by DOC
Sun May 13, 2018 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 AFL Season

Same night as the royal wedding. Tough call.
by DOC
Wed May 16, 2018 10:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

How does the private sector stack up against the police, army, navy, airforce, firebrigade, foreign affairs, customs, immigration, foreign affairs and the work they do?

You need to be able compare like for like, then we get into the argument of what is a government service and who should provide it.

Comparing say housing trust building employees to private sector builders may be fair (I don't know) but the actual provision of Public Services as described above do not always have a private equivalent. .
by DOC
Fri May 18, 2018 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Please.

We do not have a lunch break on Fridays at 1.30! We finish at 12!
by DOC
Fri May 18, 2018 2:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 第9轮

nah he just sounded defeated by it all, too much hard work it sounds.

Biggest positive is sales indicate the crowd will be 50% locals, up from 35% in 2017, that's 1,500 people....yep :roll:

3 big announcements tonight from the club apparently.
Any idea what they are?
The Vic media have been saying for a few days that the China game may be signed off on for a long term deal soon. Wines re-signing possibly another?

Best guess :

Wines re-signed
Back-to-back games in China in 2019
Chinese sponsor ( I've heard whispers here )

Wines to China is very popular!
by DOC
Fri May 18, 2018 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: State of the game

Should also be bonus points for winning at the MCG because that is where the grand final is.

Bonus points for winning in Victoria if you are a Victorian side because its a privilege for the interstate sides to be there.

Bonus points for Victorian sides for travelling. Extra if they win,

Declared blockbuster games, Anzac day, Dreamtime, Good Friday, etc etc played in Melbourne to have double points.

Bonus points for the home side playing at Etihad if the roof is closed. More if its open.

Loss of points if both sides come from the same non Victorian state because they have not had to travel.
by DOC
Sat May 19, 2018 7:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: State of the game

And the ammos. I have or had an Advertiser from 1960ish and the C2 match of the day was Semaphore Centrals v Broadview
by DOC
Sat May 19, 2018 6:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Premiership 2018

Another one for the collection.
by DOC
Wed May 23, 2018 6:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Open Mike

I dunno, maybe the most controversial footballer in Australia at the moment, so I will be interested
I think it should be reserved for retired AFL players, this one should be exclusive to A current affair or other poop like that.

It will make interesting viewing, moreso as I'd like to hear Hannah's reasoning on why he/she thinks they should be allowed to play, I think there should be a transgender comp now or a gender neutral thing or whatever some like to class themselves as.

What about blokes who never played in the AFL but are of an age that their stories are worth expolring, like Stephen Michael, Barrie Robran, Rick Davies or Peter Carey.
by DOC
Wed May 23, 2018 6:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

It is so the AFL recruiters only attend one game.

Bend over, rinse, repeat.
by DOC
Thu May 24, 2018 8:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dirty dozen - Round 12

Any sign of Pirates Friday Predictions?

Think it was last day at work so my have other things to do

Port to show why Wines is in the best 15 midfielders
Crowd 36542
Richmond to continue their away form
Wingard to prove he needs a run in the Magpies hence the Beenie
Carey to post nothing after 10pm as he is with the bride
by DOC
Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Only 68
by DOC
Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Diary of some pregnant blokes

bennymacca wrote:My second child, Lily, was born Thursday!

9 pound half an ounce, 52cm long.

Pretty chuffed right now!

Got one of each now, that’s enough for me

I held that line for a while. I have 3.
by DOC
Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There all out the back in the hospitality tents....
by DOC
Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2018

2000s weren't too bad though.
by DOC
Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Black listed companies

10% off this Saturday for Woolies workers, up from the usual 5% off. I better start drawing up a shopping list!

Last time I shopped at Woolies last week I bought over $40 worth of stuff and it cost me $12.
Used to shop at Coles when I lived at Prospect as it was the closest and the same shopping basket would have cost me $50.
Where I am now Coles is still closer but Brickworks Woolies isn't far and is a great shopping centre so go there, even before I was employed by them and got my discounts card.

Not a fan of rewards schemes (feels a bit desperate, feel same about Ent books, etc) but get on the Woolies one auto when using the staff card.
The savings have been incredible since I got it in February. 5% off plus rewards plus savings on items I buy plus extra offers weekly is massive!
We quite often get groceries delivered and still make massive savings on if we'd shop elsewhere and do it manually.

I wonder how long I'd be entitled to discounts if I moved employers? Its one thing I hadn't considered but perhaps should!

And you can pay via their gift cards which are 5% off via RAA, compounds your saving.
by DOC
Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

South v Adelaide Sunday 1410

mmmmmm

A Message from the CEO
Dear DOC,

What a fantastic result on Monday at Unley Oval!

This Sunday, South Adelaide take on the Adelaide Crows at Hickinbotham Oval from 2:10pm in our annual White Ribbon match.

It is fair to say that matches against the Crows SANFL team across the competition have been poorly attended.

We might have a problem on our hands if each of their all-time high 82,699 passionate members flew as one to Hickinbotham Oval. I think we'd be content if only 4,000 of them made the journey.

But what we really need is you, the Panthers faithful to show your colours and turn up on Sunday and support our league team.

While some have been philosophically opposed to the Crows being in the competition, and have voted with their feet, we need to move beyond this as the only damage it really does is to your club, South Adelaide.

Game day ticket, food and beverage, membership and merchandise sales, as well as foot traffic through Jimmy Deane's are all vital revenue streams for us to maintain a sustainable club and continue to improve our product on the field.

While it is healthy for the game for opposition fans to support their team playing away, what we truly want is Panthers supporters at the game on Sunday! It would be great if you could bring a mate as well, even if they are a Crows supporter and haven’t been to a SANFL game since 1991.

So we'll even shout you two extra tickets to bring along friends, family, or Crows supporters to the match.

Simply fill out this form before close of business Friday, June 15 and we'll leave two complimentary passes at the gate for you to collect on Sunday.

SANFL football remains an excellent spectacle and the Panthers with a mix of experience heads such as Joel Cross, Nick Liddle and Keegan Brooksby and burgeoning young talent have us well positioned at the half way mark of the season.

Hickinbotham Oval does provide a unique football experience such as watching the game from your car, honking your horn after a goal and kicking the footy on the oval during the breaks. That is if you can pull the kids away from the free jumping castle and playgrounds!

All of that said, I'll see you at the footy.
by DOC
Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australia ODI/T20 tour of England and Zimbabwe

Marshy its that white thing going straight on
by DOC
Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australia ODI/T20 tour of England and Zimbabwe

PatowalongaPirate wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
DOC wrote:Maxwell hitting out. Looks good. Will that be the KOD?
Shhhhhhhhhh

I thought you switched off?

Welcome back ;)

Patriots stay up late to support the national team and miss work the next day.
by DOC
Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South v Adelaide Sunday 1410

Its a standard email to members . The club isn't stupid enough to think people will just rock up for a meal if no game is played. Why wouldn't a club promote that when a game is on ? As much most dont agree with the AFL clubs being in the competition (im one) , why punish the SANFL club by boycotting it .I would imagine some would buy merchandise online as its how many people buy now. Most go to the shop first however.
South can have that luxury of that Email as they voted no however also have a very small supporter base . South are not in a great financial position so you cant blame them , Centrals will do the same I feel soon. Be good if all clubs did but that is not a good look . Or is it ?

Its a good message to their members but Id rather see South survive by people attending games than boycotting their club. Wasnt one of the benefits of these cockheads in the league was to promote the game against the real clubs?

Then why the **** is the bones of your arse SAFC marketing team compiling a message to it's members trying to get people to attend?

Those conglomerate marketers must be too busy deflecting all those knives being thrown at the by AFL media with a medical room fuller than the dancefloor of a Hindley St nightclub and blokes looking to leave everywhere you look!

Without repeating/posting from the game against them just 4/5 weeks ago. there were 640 fans through the gates. and we lost about 8k. No atmosphere etc equals a small spend day. Who the feeyouceekay wants to play against someones reserves?

We don't have many supporters and playing these games costs us big time. BTW , there is no marketing team. Neil Sharpe does the lot.
by DOC
Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

More passion/bullshit than the footy pages.
by DOC
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South v Adelaide Sunday 1410

Your'e more likely to get burnt at Richmond or have a CEO requisition your cash
by DOC
Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Unlucky for some - Round 13

Some of us (not me) were really tough on the field, or even on here. Then you meet people who are much tougher and you get the sense that toughness is relative and at its best when its understated and on behalf of others, without hurting anyone else in the process,

Enjoy the game Carey.

However, #dickinyourass
by DOC
Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

South Australia will put its pride on display when it competes in the 2018 AFL National Inclusion Carnival in Tasmania from June 18 to 24.

To be coached by Don Miranda for the third successive year, the Croweaters have been training at West Adelaide’s City Mazda Stadium for the past month as they look to win their first title in Launceston.

Now an annual event, the AFL National Inclusion Carnival is for people with an intellectual disability.

Last year’s captain – Jesse Goodman – will again skipper the side which will also include his twin brother Luke.

As many as six players in the 15-man squad have represented SA in another sport, the team presented with its guernseys at the home of the Bloods this week.

Competition against rival states Victoria Metro, Victoria Country, NSW/ACT, WA, Queensland and Northern Territory will begin on Tuesday June 19 with a series of matches to determine the positions for Pool A and Pool B.

Several games will be held at AFL venue UTAS Stadium, with the pool matches played from Wednesday June 20 until Friday June 22.

The top two teams in each pool will contest the Grand Final on Saturday June 23 at UTAS Stadium as a curtain raiser to the AFL match between Hawthorn and Gold Coast.

An All-Australian team will be selected -with input from the coaches – at the conclusion of the carnival.

Match Schedule – SA time

Tuesday June 19

8.30am – SA v WA

9.45 am – Tas v SA

10.35am – SA v NSW/ACT

11.25am – SA v NT

12.15pm – SA v Qld

12.40pm – SA v Vic Country

1.30pm – SA v Vic Metro

Wednesday June 20 to Friday June 22

To be confirmed

2018 South Australian Inclusive Team

1 – Aron Baker

2- Rhys Baker

3 – Jesse Goodman (Captain)

4 – Braden Dunstan

5 – Luke Goodman

6 – Paul Leikas

7 – Zachary Georg-Dent

8 – Bradley Bettens

9 – Jonathon Mortimer

10 – Toby Sutherland

11 – Keenan Georg-Dent

12 – Daniel Johnston

13 – Steven Hall

14 – Franz Theodore

16 – Andrew Doecke

Coaching staff

Head coach – Don Miranda

Assistant Coach – Peter Diamandopoulos

Team Manager – Paul Eichner

Inclusive Sport SA – Nathan Pepper
by DOC
Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North v Centrals Sunday 1410

Ok. North by 14 then.
by DOC
Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

Went for a carton of stout yesterday at Dans, noticed the old Metala shiraz/cab blend on special at $10. Opened it with the bride with a bit of cheese and metwurst, good drinking. Will be an early finish, a second awaits.
by DOC
Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RD 12 Norwood Vs Port 1/7/18

Yep. Piss Port off. Take the Crows with you.
by DOC
Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: OAKSY Doggies Tips

Bloody hell!

Welcome back,
by DOC
Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA Footy Team of the Century

Lightning McQueen wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
I’m in.
Can we wear blind folds and listen to the Tigers song please?

I've seen what some have written on here, I'm not wearing a blindfold.

You want to see it and enjoy it then. Well done.
by DOC
Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 17 - The Players take over, not Carlton but.

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Carlton playing in their 50 Shades of Gray away strip... might be phase 3?

Dishes done?

Phase 3? Keep her wine glass topped up?
by DOC
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 17 - The Players take over, not Carlton but.

Corona Man wrote:
DOC wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Carlton playing in their 50 Shades of Gray away strip... might be phase 3?

Dishes done?

Phase 3? Keep her wine glass topped up?

Roger that.

Hope you do,
by DOC
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: OAKSY Doggies Tips

Stopped off there last Sunday. The extra width very noticeable as is the increased camber. Less injuries to dogs is the aim and so far so good.
by DOC
Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BEST JOKES - Warning: Site Rules Still Apply

Three pigs were playing football.

One kicked it and two went to market,
by DOC
Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Homebrew

That is a thing of beauty!
by DOC
Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tom Watson 64
by DOC
Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2018

Πώς θα μετράτε το ύψος του ωοειδούς καλού ξύλου πάνω από τη στάθμη της θάλασσας στο κέντρο του πεδίου σε σχέση με το ύψος της γραμμής τέρματος πάνω από τη στάθμη της θάλασσας και, συνεπώς, καθορίζοντας την κλίση στην οποία η γηπεδούχος τρένα σε υψόμετρα 2 ή 3 φορές την εβδομάδα σε σύγκριση για τους επισκέπτες που έχουν χτυπήσει με επάνω λόφο τρέξιμο αναγκάζοντας ταχεία εξάντληση για την επίσκεψη πνεύμονες lol
Άβαταρ μέλους
μάρμαρα

Now I understand. A ruler.
by DOC
Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep. Not the only thing it launched.
by DOC
Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

No wonder it lost. Bjorn could not ride under 90kg.
by DOC
Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

And that is called proper perspective.
by DOC
Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eagles v South Sat 1410

Abusing James Boyd,
by DOC
Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South v Norwood Sun 1410

I have always liked a tidy forward entry.
by DOC
Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Finals

Dear SANFL

The idea of pre purchase for entry tickets is to:

a) lower the cost
b) ease congestion on match days
c) give organisers some idea of crowd interest for catering etc
d) encourage people to go

But if you make the transaction fee more than the discount and therefore make a single ticket more expensive, this will tend to not work.

WEEKS 1-3

CATEGORY PRE-PURCHASE PURCHASED AT GATE**
Adults $15* $18
Concession $10* $12
Under 18 FREE FREE
GRAND FINAL

CATEGORY PRE-PURCHASE PURCHASED AT GATE**
Adults $25* $30
Concession $20* $24
Under 18 FREE FREE
*Tickets pre-purchased through Ticketek will incur a fee of $5.65 per transaction
**Tickets purchased at the gate on game day will not incur the transaction fee
by DOC
Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Triple M Molloy BS

If they read it men in white jackets will come.
by DOC
Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Magarey Medal 2018

Lidds wins the one that I think counts, the coaches medal.
by DOC
Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

HH3 wrote:Got named a Captain for the Spartans tonight

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Expect an offer from North Melbourne or St kilda today. Suns, Carlton and Freo tomorrow.
by DOC
Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 AFL Ladder predictions

meaningless stats ftw

screen capture the spreadsheet and post it as a picture seems to work better.

Which teams are we least confident on? Ie calculate their standard deviation

I would guess Port, Melbourne and GWS

Interesting lack of confidence in Port on here, compared to most of the scribes anyway. Interesting, but not surprising.

What reason should people have confidence in Port in 2018?
2017 they couldn't beat a top 8 side all year, failed to win a final against a side who cannot win away (except against Port it seems).
2018, topped up the list with a heap of players their respective clubs no longer wanted. Most being inconsistent performers and yet to prove their worth.
Port are very speculative IMO. Would not surprise me to finish top 4 or bottom 8.
How accurate was this! Covered both bases
:lol:

I believe they did neither.
by DOC
Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals

12 lead changes. Great game.
by DOC
Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |