Search found more than 1525 matches

Return

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Great to see my mate big AL Jones back having a go on the stupidity of it all re freedom day in NSW once 80 % of people are vaccinated laughable still restrictions and stipulations in place etc.

No wonder people all around the world are up and about and protesting. The goal posts change every week what a farce it has all become.

Wake up fellow sheep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY9SbnAMdkw

Now sacked by Sky News because of persistent Covid misinformation.
by DOC
Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well, well. well. Over 6,680,000 Victorians did not go out and protest last weekend. Must have realised that not one protest has achieved anything.
by DOC
Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

He would have five.

His pants would fit him like a glove.

His mate, father, alter ego is simply depriving a village of it's idiot.
by DOC
Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

All my children put their dirty clothes in the dirty clothes basket, put the washing on when there was a load, hung it out, took it down, folded and put away whoever's clothes were in the wash and ironed what needed ironing.

Might also add that there rooms could have been filmed for Better Homes and Gardens at any stage as they kept them immaculately clean and tidy.

As they did all the shopping and cooking, we ate as a family and no one left the table until we were all finished and had discussed what had happened in our lives that day. They would then insist that Mother and I would go to the lounge room whilst they did the dishes and gave the house a once over.

What gives me the sh1ts is reading all your bad parenting stories and blaming the children.
by DOC
Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

I can only see problems with that arrangement.
by DOC
Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 21/22

As the most anticipated test series this century starts shield cricket is suspended so this rubbish can be played.
by DOC
Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Oscar Brownless signs at South.
by DOC
Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer (The Ashes) 2021/22

Will Swanton (cricket journalist) has gone BANG in his article in Advertiser this morning, absolutely given it to Nathan Lyon. Don't see that sort of article very often these days :shock:

Just read it after reading your post. Top class article. Loved the bit about how insulting it is to call him a GOAT when you consider Shane Warne etc.
by DOC
Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

9/147.

Cummins with 4 (his best as Captain).
by DOC
Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 AFL Fixture

Carlton with the easiest draw. Essendon with the hardest.
by DOC
Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

southernbulldog wrote:Yet another from NSW a big recruiting ground for us

Elizabeth is the closest ground so you have a big advantage.
by DOC
Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: OAKSY Doggies Tips

It's not how
by DOC
Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Thanks. That would be about 8 pubs they have bought this year.
Yeah I heard they've been buying up on country pubs. Can't be the money pits everyone thought they were.
Any idea who they are, I didn't ask on the weekend when I was up there.

Yep Duxton Pubs Group.

Founded by Ed Peters, Brett Matthews and Martin Palmer.

Own the Lion, Saracens Head, Cremorne, Old Noarlunga, Woolshed Inn (Bordertown), Royal Oak (Penola), Bushmans Arms (Naracoorte) and the Brompton.

Individually they own plenty of others. Ed has the Crafers, Uraidla, Stirling and other interests,, Matthews have Maylands, Fearthers, Buckingham Arms and others and pLmer has the McLaren Vale and a number of small venues in the CBD such as 2KW.
by DOC
Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

THink we should bat as long as possible to take the England win out of the equation.

No country has won the ashes after being one down in over a hundred years.
by DOC
Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Woodville-West Torrens coach Jade Sheedy says the club will have to look internally for replacements should it lose star duo Jack Hayes and James Tsitas to the AFL.

Jack Oatey Medallist Hayes and Magarey Medallist Tsitas have been invited by St Kilda and Gold Coast respectively to train over summer in the hope of securing a list spot.

While their departures would be a significant blow to the back-to-back SANFL premiers, Sheedy said the club took great pride in its players being considered for the next level.

“They’re two of the best players at the footy club but we understand that everyone who plays in our program wants to play AFL footy and that’s why most play SANFL,” Sheedy said.

“I’m just really happy for two guys that have shown they deserve a chance at the next level.

“We probably won’t find out if either of them are on a list until the end of January, which makes it hard to get someone else in to replace them … it will probably have to come internally.

“But that’s OK, we feel the depth at our footy club is good enough to be somewhere around the mark next year.”

AFL clubs with list vacancies can sign players in the pre-season supplemental selection period between January 10 and March 9 .

St Kilda has two list spots available while Gold Coast has one.

Sheedy believed both players would be capable at the next level.

Utility Hayes was best on ground in the Eagles’ grand final victory over Glenelg this season along with captaining the SANFL state side and finishing third in the Magarey Medal.

Tsitas was the joint winner of the league’s best and fairest – alongside South’s Bryce Gibbs – and averaged 28 disposals per game in an outstanding campaign.

“Often it can come down to opportunity and there’s a lot of players in the SANFL who could potentially carve a career out at AFL level if given the opportunity,” Sheedy said.

“These two are no different. If they get an opportunity I know they’ll put everything into it.

“Their best is good enough to hold their own at the next level.”

Should Hayes be handed an AFL opportunity, the Eagles would likely lean on recruit Connor Ballenden to help fill the void.

The 200cm key forward signed at the club last month after he was delisted by Brisbane, where he played three AFL games and won the Lions’ VFL best and fairest this season.

Sheedy believed the additions of Ballenden, returning midfielder Jarred Allmond (North Adelaide) and defender Mitch Duval (West Adelaide) would give the Eagles enough firepower in their bid for a third-straight flag.
by DOC
Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

I looked Southland up (great name!) and the reviews for it are terrific. Same for The Shield.

Will have a look.
by DOC
Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Is this GiGi's first time crabbing?
by DOC
Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Vamos wrote:Had to get tested for a pre-admission surgery today, thankfully they allowed me to go to the front of the queue rather than line up for 8 hours. Not confident of getting the negative result required by Thursday's admission though.

Hope all goes well.
by DOC
Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is that a link to a big tough guy who stole a vacuum cleaner from an old widow and bragged about it?
by DOC
Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just reviewed the ins and outs. South lead the way with 18 out who played league last year. Several others with previous league experience also gone.

On the surface of it, the Eagles have the least ins with 3. There will be more but I would guess they are well placed with good junior development.

West appear to have a like for like in/out movement. Similar for Centrals.

Norwoods outs would be a concern but they appear to have recruited to well. Similar for Sturt.

Glenelg and North have lost more than they have recruited so will be looking to their developing juniors.

Port and Adelaide have lost a few but have used about 2 million dollars each to replace them. Only slightly higher than the other 8 clubs combined salary cap. We are lucky to have them.
Westies recruited double than Centrals.
What do you really think of Dogs recruiting DOC.

Well, like I said, I think you have recruited like for like. Yes the number of recruits is low. West have recruited a lot more.

Centrals have been shunned by potential recruits. Not a guess. I know that first hand. Centrals recruited two blokes that SOUTH rejected who played together in 9 premierships. I guess I am saying time will tell.

It matters not one iota numbers of recruits, At the end of the day, overall quality wins out.

A point to remember. If we only judge on recruits, what emphasis on player development (coaching) do we place on clubs?

For me, Centrals fans were treated to the greatest decade of football dominance any of us have seen. A touch of patience would help.
by DOC
Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

prophet.jpg https://spectator.com.au/2021/12/sweden-puts-vaccine-passports-under-our-skin/?fbclid=IwAR2VUAb73h4TbFrqS3HHz0r9DMZtJS8bomjxZ6ozlNqI1giV303DGMvOU6Y

Would be closer to say you identify as a prophylactic as they are meant to stop the spread of disease. But we all know they are just a cover for a dick.
by DOC
Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That makes for some very grim reading.

For me it all started in Brisbane with not playing Broad and Anderson.
by DOC
Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mal wrote:Matthew ' tiger' Wade
Just name him in the squad

He can open the bowling
He can be wicket keeper
He can be a batsman
He can captain the team
He could probably bowl off spin as good as Nathan Lyon

MT79 do you agree ?

Does Dolly Parton sleep on her back?
by DOC
Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

amber_fluid wrote:1st icey cold WED stubby opened.
Mother’s milk!

I think this post will be echoed shortly.
by DOC
Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

All out 328. Great fightback by the Bangers.

0/27 in reply. Ball doing plenty. Openers doing a good job.

Only the third ever test at this venue.
by DOC
Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1st Test, Wellington, Jan 12 - 16 2017, Bangladesh tour of New Zealand

Bangladesh

595/8d &

New Zealand

(target 217)
539 &
217/3
by DOC
Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mal wrote:TDK

Ive faced a guy that has coached Shane Warne , that was Terry Jenner in net sessions
Does that make me an expert in leg spin ? ...

As in :

X= unknown quantity
Spurt= a drip under pressure
by DOC
Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A few late retirements.

Rated Smith as a player. I think he will be a big loss.
by DOC
Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bangas win the toss and field.

When will captains ever learn?
by DOC
Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dons Party on Fox Classics
by DOC
Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

He only knows one way.
by DOC
Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pant and kohli are a good combination here. Whilst Pant is scoring freely, he is not going the tonk. Kohli very watchful.
by DOC
Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pant gets a ton. Great innings. Over 50% of the runs.
by DOC
Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Spargo wrote:
DOC wrote:I feel at Maslins with a throbber as a young lad.

Broke my nose.

Are you saying you had a feel at Maslin’s?

Only of myself. Probably far more accurate than fell come to think of it.
by DOC
Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fox Classics 8PM tonight

The Club

I can see that seagull now.
by DOC
Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo wrote:Proper bung fritz on the BBQ.

A much under rated meat. Fresh bung and sauce sanga's very hard to beat also.
by DOC
Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't know who does this but I would like to have a beer and find out the back story.

https://twitter.com/1975sanflseason
by DOC
Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

DOC wrote:Looks like South will regain Daley Andrews.

Then again
by DOC
Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2022 Season

They would get smashed just as they did in the much weaker NEAFL.

An eight team comp for us would be just fine.
by DOC
Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

South have training with them a great grandson of a club legend.

Welcome Kim Kantilla.
by DOC
Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

And if your punting a 10/1 winner in the Melbin Gup pays the same as a 10/1 winner at a maiden at Mindarie Halidon.
by DOC
Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: In the Garden

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Pink trumpet vine which is a #@&@*@& weed
How do you kill this bastard?
Pops up every where. Seems to love roundup and other chemicals.
Like Date palms(also a pain), they would survive a nuclear blast...

Fertilise, water and make it a feature.

I kill everything that way.
by DOC
Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

WHAT ABOUT THE STRENGTH & INTEGRITY OF THE SANFL!!
ALSO, WHAT HAPPENS IF A SANFL SIDE IS DECIMATED BY COVID?
THAT'S JUST BAD LUCK?
HEY AFL, F**K OFF!!

You'll go to the SAAFL & country comps without even a thought of the integrity of their comp, but we won't hear about it because it doesn't fit the narrative.

Given they have never done this before, have never tabled it as a suggestion, nor has it ever been contemplated, I would say narrative or no narrative, this is as far off the mark as could be.

But, if it did happen, on what planet would you need to be on for you to not hear about it?
by DOC
Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 SANFL Reserves, Women's & Juniors

They are one game behind the second placed club.
by DOC
Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

I think Cornes is spot on.
by DOC
Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hamish Hartlett reveals his complete lack of understanding about what our clubs are playing for this year. Hint. It's not so players can be used by other clubs to help them and destroy their actual clubs chances.

A former Port Adelaide star has backed the idea of state-league footballers covering mass coronavirus absences in the AFL, saying SANFL players will view it as a huge opportunity.

The AFL has discussed creating a pool of second-tier talent to help Covid-hit clubs fill sides this year and ex-Power vice-captain Hamish Hartlett will put his hand up if it goes ahead.

Hartlett, who played 193 games for the Power, returned to his junior team West Adelaide after being delisted in September.

The 31-year-old said a Covid replacement pool would provide another avenue for state-league players to realise their AFL dreams, which was good for the game.

“I’d say it would be unlikely for anyone to really require top-up players but who knows what can happen, Covid spreads very, very quickly,” Hartlett told News Corp.

“Anyone that considers themselves good enough to play at AFL level should be going in with a really open mind this season because as we’ve seen in other competitions in various other sports, opportunities can arise from nowhere, so you need to be prepared for that.

“The reality is there’s a lot of guys running around the SANFL who grew up with the dream of wanting to play AFL football.

“That’s not going to be a reality for everyone to be able to do that but if there’s a glimmer of hope that’s a chance of happening, I think any SANFL player would jump at that opportunity.

“My main focus at the moment is keeping fit, staying fit and playing good football with West Adelaide, but with the right preparation under my belt to be able to perform at AFL level should that call come.

“Clearly there’d be some logistics to work through from the lower levels with the AFL about how they’re likely going to be compensated or with other players.”

Hartlett believed each SANFL club had at least two or three players capable of filling holes on AFL lists.

“They’re not going to go out and play in the midfield and dominate – I don’t think anyone’s expecting that to happen,” he said.

“But it might mean being thrown in a back pocket or forward pocket, or on a wing and getting to play a pretty basic and general role.”

Hartlett, who had an injury-hampered 2021, would relish another AFL chance.

But he said seeing young players receive an opportunity out of the blue was more exciting.

“Having stepped out of the (AFL) system for a pretty short period of time, you kind of understand how good it is and enjoyable it is to be involved and how privileged you are to play in those types of games,” he said.

Hartlett said having five or six players plucked mid-year to join an AFL pool would be a good look for the SANFL.

“Is it fair on the clubs individually? Probably not,” he said.

“But on the same token, I think clubs would be super encouraging of their players to get that opportunity.

“It’s something (SANFL) clubs, even now, will have to start wrapping their heads around.”

Hartlett said building squad depth would help state-league clubs handle losing quality players during the minor round.

Even if a top-up pool was not introduced, state-league stars like Hartlett could be recruited in the mid-season rookie draft.

“I’ll try to play good footy at the start of the year and we’ll see where things go from there,” he said.
by DOC
Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BEST JOKES - Warning: Site Rules Still Apply

I looked into the mirror this morning and the bride said whats wrong?

I said I've come to realise that I look very tired, old and overweight.

She said you still have good eyesight.
by DOC
Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon

Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti has started training at the club again.

One of my favorites.
by DOC
Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wedgie wrote:Hender back to Keith.

They make a lovely couple.
by DOC
Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You could recruit Wines, Martin, Mitchell, Sloane and Neale and some (not all) of your blokes would still be predicting the spoon.
by DOC
Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |