Search found more than 1112 matches

Return

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Luv u days :D

I think a camp fire sing-along is in order when these restrictions lift :partyman:

Singing Kumbaya?

Where else do you start?

Whiskey in the Jar

by Magellan
Fri May 15, 2020 11:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Corona Man wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:
Q. wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:Question everything.

Good advice. Perhaps you should start with yourself.

There you go I gotch ya thinking and questioning everything.
Well done BRAVO.

This isn’t an argument.... this is just contradiction.

Aren't they the same thing? ;)

by Magellan
Sun May 17, 2020 3:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

God help us all if soccer is enough to get by on.

Thats whats nearly the entire world say about aussie rules ;)
For what it's worth, and I'm not a flag waving nationalist by any means, but I'd be thinking twice before backing in alot of "nearly the entire world"against this nation right now. Just saying.
Wonderful comment.
by Magellan
Fri May 15, 2020 9:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bands coming to Adelaide

The Governor Hindmarsh is now set to receive a $300,000 support package from the state government, part of a wider $1 million fund aimed at supporting local venues through the coming weeks and months until a commercially viable form of live music culture is once again compatible with public health and safety.

https://www.adelaidereview.com.au/arts/music/2020/05/16/the-governor-hindmarsh-covid19/
Great news.
by Magellan
Mon May 18, 2020 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Booney wrote:Getting my first sniff at two of the biggest infrastructure projects in SA's immediate future.

What, they're doing something new at Bolivar?
by Magellan
Tue May 19, 2020 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I would’ve thought if we still have 0 cases by June in SA, but it’s still lingering in the eastern states, then we could start having crowds with social distancing in place. It would still be safer than shopping centres, public transport and schools, which have all been opened through this whole pandemic. However, we ‘d still keep borders closed and 14 day quarantine for those returning/entering the state.

It would be brilliant to have a decent portion of the SANFL season happen, with crowds and Port and Crows playing out of their eastern states hubs.

Correct spot on AERIE .

Have ya all you been shopping the last two weeks PFFFT what social distancing.

Any one with common sense would think if SA has another 2 weeks of ZERO new WU HU FLU cases I would then expect SA to open up for business as of Monday the 1ST of June 2020.

However only under the proviso we still keep our borders closed until the other states have caught up and are in the same position as SA.

Northern Territory totally open up for business as of midnight FRIDAY 15th of May.

If this does not happen it will then prove to me we are governed by snowflakes soft dicks and bed wetters.

We cannot keep going on like this.

All citizens livelihoods and mental health is at stake not to mention the economy.

Simples.
My favourite part of this post is Aerie's initial reference to maintaining social distancing and closed borders, yet the reply starts with 'correct spot on' and then proceeds to pour piss all over social distancing and closed borders.

It narrowly defeated the 'soft dicks and bed wetters' reference, because I have a soft spot for toilet humour, and the fact that Aerie's post was about the resumption of the SANFL, not more overdone hand-wringing about the coronavirus.
by Magellan
Tue May 19, 2020 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I would’ve thought if we still have 0 cases by June in SA, but it’s still lingering in the eastern states, then we could start having crowds with social distancing in place. It would still be safer than shopping centres, public transport and schools, which have all been opened through this whole pandemic. However, we ‘d still keep borders closed and 14 day quarantine for those returning/entering the state.

It would be brilliant to have a decent portion of the SANFL season happen, with crowds and Port and Crows playing out of their eastern states hubs.

Correct spot on AERIE .

Have ya all you been shopping the last two weeks PFFFT what social distancing.

Any one with common sense would think if SA has another 2 weeks of ZERO new WU HU FLU cases I would then expect SA to open up for business as of Monday the 1ST of June 2020.

However only under the proviso we still keep our borders closed until the other states have caught up and are in the same position as SA.

Northern Territory totally open up for business as of midnight FRIDAY 15th of May.

If this does not happen it will then prove to me we are governed by snowflakes soft dicks and bed wetters.

We cannot keep going on like this.

All citizens livelihoods and mental health is at stake not to mention the economy.

Simples.
My favourite part of this post is Aerie's initial reference to maintaining social distancing and closed borders, yet the reply starts with 'correct spot on' and then proceeds to pour piss all over social distancing and closed borders.

It narrowly defeated the 'soft dicks and bed wetters' reference, because I have a soft spot for toilet humour, and the fact that Aerie's post was about the resumption of the SANFL, not more overdone hand-wringing about the coronavirus.

Even better is the bit about the NT being totally open for business

We're not. the majority of the NT are no go zones (biosecurity zones) two hour limits in pubs, gyms are on restricted business.

You need to be wary of what you read on various media sources, I 'spose....
More bed wetters in the NT, then. Odd, since it's the dry season.
by Magellan
Tue May 19, 2020 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

daysofourlives wrote:anyone read Trumps letter to the WHO?

I tried, but it's really hard to read something written in crayon.
by Magellan
Thu May 21, 2020 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Trumpy comes across as an idiot with his nonsensical tweets however he had the American Economy pumping along beautifully till the WU HU FLU hit he might appear as a fool but he knows exactly what he is doing economically and in business .
His businesses have declared bankruptcy at least four times.
by Magellan
Thu May 21, 2020 11:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:

Brilliant. I remember watching Sagan's 'Cosmos' series in the ABC in the early 80s.
by Magellan
Fri May 22, 2020 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Anything involving Sir Les Patterson. Like this classic gem:

by Magellan
Fri May 22, 2020 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Through these old Port stories Corona Man and I have just worked out that his Aunty is my best mate from high schools Grandmother and I grew up listening to his Uncle and cousins, learning how to treat visitors to Alberton Oval from the bowling club. Magnificent.
Let me guess - after the game they'd stroll over to Alberton East and give the toffs a serve before looking for a house party to gate-crash in Kelmscott or Everton, or perhaps wander over the wrong side of the tracks to find some trouble in 'Gray-Town.'
by Magellan
Fri May 22, 2020 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1964 - 1990

mal wrote:So what exactly was the BIG4 ?

The four most successful sides (Port, Norwood, Sturt, and Glenelg) from about 1974 to 1985. That's about it.
by Magellan
Tue May 26, 2020 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1964 - 1990

Sturt electing to play a trial game that saw Hardeman lost through injury - Dont think Adamson’s kicking anywhere near 5 goals if GH plays
It still baffles me why Sturt chose to play this game. Interestingly, both sides that participated lost the GF having been minor premiers (North Melbourne only on percentage, mind you).
by Magellan
Fri May 29, 2020 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: US

If Trump sends in the military, then the US will, quite ironically, resemble Hong Kong.
by Magellan
Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Spargo wrote:
Corona Man wrote:One of my bugger clients supplies to both the airline and car parking industries... suffice to say, they are hurting bad!

I guess there’s really no need to say where...

I didn't know CM could type with a New Zealand accent?
by Magellan
Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 2

The game is in more trouble than i thought.
72 points, 2 best teams in the comp.
I plead with the AFL to make drastic changes, its horrible to watch.
This is as good a year as any to experiment
BS. The reason the game is the way it is is because they make to many changes. Good pressure footy, with a shortened game. Leave the game alone
If we get 10 goals per game for the rest of the season, plenty will leave the game alone.
by Magellan
Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cancel Culture

Booney wrote:Movies, TV shows being removed from streaming services.

Rather than removing previous artistic statements that don't fit today's attitudes, let's encourage expression that embodies a fair and inclusive society, and highlight the wrongs of the past and the lessons learned.
by Magellan
Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cancel Culture

Gozu wrote:We've always re-written history otherwise Rolf Harris and Jimmy Savile would still be revered.

That's because they were found guilty of serious crimes, though.
by Magellan
Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

In my book, a very underrated Led Zeppelin album.

by Magellan
Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Trump ordered his people to slow down COVID testing.

You see, the more tests you do the more people who test positive.

I bet once the elections are over all these problems will magically disappear. The greatest hoax the world has ever seen.
#Trump2020
So it is a problem, then.

Also, happy to take that bet.
by Magellan
Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

daysofourlives wrote:
Magellan wrote:
Booney wrote:How deflated can one person look?

Understandable, given the auditorium in which he had just held his re-election rally was about one-third full.

Sheep

One-third full of sheep? No wonder he looks pissed off, they're not allowed to vote.
by Magellan
Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Outside Trumps rally.

For those wondering :

Source - Twitter
Author - Trump supporter

:lol:

The 'Outside Trump's rally' pic seems to be taken from a website dedicated to a 2019 motorcycle rally (scroll down to the second photo):

http://www.sfchap55.org/rolling-thunder-2019/
by Magellan
Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sheep
One-third full of sheep? No wonder he looks pissed off, they're not allowed to vote.

It's odd how lunatics think calling someone a sheep, or sheeple, is an insult, that it's taken as an insult.

Sheep, sheeple, the majority of the population doing as they're told, following instructions is why we have infrastructure like roads, electricity, internet, etc etc. If the lunatics ran the asylum then there wouldn't be any infrastructure, there wouldn't be law and order, anarchy would be the result and it would be survival of the fittest, not the smartest so I guess it may suit some tin foilers. So, thank you. Thank you for calling us sheep, we're the ones who allow you to move about safely, efficiently and as an added bonus we don't get angry and yell at clouds because we think they're infecting us with poison from planes. ( They're not ).

Then again, society needs lunatics to question authority, to challenge normal convention, it keeps people in positions of power on their toes. There's no need to question everything but I guess of you're laying awake at night worrying that your microwave is listening too you then you might as well tick all the boxes.
Yes. There's a big difference between scrutiny and accountability, and pushing the envelope when established social norms have outlived their used-by date, and out-and-out paranoia.
by Magellan
Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Kahuna wrote:
Magellan wrote:IIRC, it's some sort of WW1 memorial. Not sure what it's got to do with colonisation.

Boer War Memorial.

https://www.awm.gov.au/articles/atwar/boer

Righto, cheers mate.
by Magellan
Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

About to head over to Kangaroo Island for the weekend, and for the first time.
by Magellan
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

Lady here at work, her son turned 3 on Tuesday, poor little bugger has had nothing but ill health since he came into this world with some birth defects causing constant respiratory problems, now she finds out a growth removed from in his ear/brain cavity is cancerous and he starts treatment next week. Little bloke has never been healthy, but he's the happiest little boy you'll meet. Trucks, dinosaurs, all that boy shit he just loves and is always smiling . The world can be a nasty cruel place.
I guess when you're a kid who has always been sick, that is the norm and you don't know any better. Sometime kids can show us a better version of ourselves - how to cut through the bullshit and focus on having fun and being alive.

Without wanting to insert controversy, but the fact that this kind of stuff can affect little kids, and including the really horrible stuff like cancer/leukemia, defeats any argument that any sort of God exists.
by Magellan
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

After umpiring 3 games on Saturday I had to rush down to my old cricket club to present their "A Grade Players Player" trophy which is in honour of me, 4th year running now it has gone to young blokes that I watched growing up and coached at some time or another, the young lad even shed a tear.

His mum then wrote a very nice post on Facebook.

It's the smaller things in life that make you more appreciative.
Well done, mate. These type of events often give us perspective, and perhaps at times when we need it the most.
by Magellan
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2020 Season

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Can the season

Is this a fill in the blank?

Usually this is Cyril's domain.

by Magellan
Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

FAAARK the MSM its just BOVEM EXCRETUS
Come on, Apache, 'bullshit' in Latin is stercus tauri .

Do your research and stop peddling false truths about converting English profanities into other languages. The truth about translating things into Latin is out there, not in the MSM of course, but on an obscure website inhabited by out-of-work classical studies nerds.
by Magellan
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

FAAARK the MSM its just BOVEM EXCRETUS
Come on, Apache, 'bullshit' in Latin is stercus tauri .

"Now, write it out a hundred times. ... Hail Caesar ! And if it's not done by sunrise, I'll cut your balls off."

:)

Friends Romans and countrymen lend me your ears.

Vene Vidi Vici.

All Hail Caesar !!!!
Careful now, Julius Caesar's public addresses were Rome's equivalent of the MSM.
by Magellan
Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Failed Creation wrote:Getting to 20,000 posts, and not one of substance... :lol: :oops:

Nonsense!

At any rate, great avatars FC...Flea Market Montgomery, it's just like a mini-mall!!
by Magellan
Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

Just had a player pull out of A grade for the weekend...

…. he's got a cooking class with the misso!? :shock:

What the Actual F....!!!!
My question is why do you need a cooking class when you've already got Miso?

https://images.freshop.com/00898216001856/ed4503a339bc0982b9cc400f4d479cc1_medium.png
by Magellan
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bedge wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:They had no trouble in Northern Italy of getting footage in an ICU.

Northern Italy is not Australia.

It's possible he was thinking of Eataly instead...

https://www.facebook.com/littleeatalycafeadl/
by Magellan
Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:Has anyone on here had a test? That thing up the nose looks bloody uncomfortable.
Yes and it’s not that bad. Maybe a 2/10 for uncomfortable

Down the back of your gob was probably worse.
No dramas with it though.

What about the swab?

Every one a Maserati!
by Magellan
Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

If you're a fan of all things squirm-worthy, Knoll's interview has got your name written all over it. It's like someone made a political version of 'Spinal Tap' mixed with bits of Clarke and Dawe.

https://www.news.com.au/national/south-australia/stephan-knoll-in-trainwreck-interview/video/39d94feeb013164881b5a705be9195a6

Long story short - Knoll does incur a range of 'actual' expenses, but when pressed steadfastly refuses to identify them, and his attempts to switch the focus to his talking points fail dismally.
by Magellan
Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Good to know we've got our own two Karen's here on SA Footy.

It's something I'm thankful for. As sheep, we all need a shepherd.
by Magellan
Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2020 Season

Booney wrote:Sam Newman school of podcasting

Imagine the ATAR you'd need to enrol.
by Magellan
Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Booney wrote:Not winning the Research Foundation Home Lottery. Really thought I was in with a chance. F*ck it.

by Magellan
Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hearing calls for deportation. Where are they from
Their faces look like a baboon's arse so they are probably from Africa.

Poor form.
FFS have you seen the botox lips? It's a bit of humour. You blokes need to stop being so ******* serious about everything.
Sure, their lips do look silly. But why is it relevant that they might be from Africa?
by Magellan
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

RB wrote:1985-1995ish for me

I'd have to agree with this era, with the peak being sometime around the mid-nineties.
by Magellan
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vale David Darcy

The South Adelaide Football Club is Mourning the Passing of Former Player and Coach David Darcy
Recruited from Sunshine YCW, David Darcy played for Footscray from 1963 to 1966, and came across to South Australia in 1967 having transferred his employment with British Tubemills.

Having moved across to the Panthers, Footscray refused to clear David to play, causing him to miss the first 7 games of the 67' season.

Once the approval came through, he would make his debut in Round 8, 1967 against Woodville, where he would score a goal from playing in the back pocket.

He had an outstanding debut season with the Panthers where he would finish third in the Magarey Medal from only 11 games.

David transferred back to Melbourne in 1968 and played with Footscray until 1971.

He would go on to play 133 games with Footscray, and four state games for Victoria.

David came back to Adelaide in 1972 and ended up staying for 28 years.

On his return to the Panthers he was selected as captain-coach for the 1972 and 1973 seasons, and became outright coach in 1974.

He played the last of his 44 game career for South Adelaide in Round 21, 1973 against Sturt.

David is the Father of Luke Darcy, who also played 10-games for the Panthers in 1993.

The South Adelaide Football Club would like to express its sincere condolences to the Darcy family during this difficult time.
RIP David Darcy. I recall him being a good commentator (Channel Seven, IIRC) back in the 1980s.
by Magellan
Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday

Yes, have a cracker of day, FC!! Many happy returns.
by Magellan
Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round nintelevewelve

Reckon the umps are as confused as the rest of us. They are following the directives given by the umps boss, you'd hope. Even so they have gone from not paying holding the ball, to crucifying the bloke who goes and gets the pill...... Isn't that the whole idea of the game, get your hands on the knacker?
It is if you play for Richmond.
by Magellan
Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8 West Adelaide v North Adelaide Friday 1920

North were very, very fortunate to bag the win on Friday night. Westies deserved the points - they really pressured us in the third and some of the fourth, and some of the much vaunted names in our forward line didn't offer much at all (thank God for Will Combe and his forward cameo at the end). Unsurprisingly, the dewy conditions (at least that what it seemed like on the digital pass) didn't suit North either. A bigger effort will be required to fend off Norwood this week, who'll be keen to win and stay in the finals race.

I reckon there's plenty of positives for the Bloods out of this game, they'd have pulled off a massive upset of one of the two shots on goals in the last few minutes had gone through. They clawed themselves back onto the game after being down at half time, applied solid pressure throughout the match and had the measure of North's forwards. It should give Colville plenty of confidence that his charges can compete against sides who are at least stronger on paper.
by Magellan
Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

Seeing a gym members life deteriorate right in front of our eyes.

He has been a regular for two years now and has seen some massive improvements. Whilst we knew his history was a story of substance abuse in particular drugs he had been a perfect role model gym member in his time with us. Lockdown has not been kind to him and we have a seen a dramatic downturn in his habits. He is clearly back on the ice to the point my non professional experience tells me he now has drug induced physcosis.

I speak to him on a regular basis, he has broken down in front of me crying like a baby on two occasions in the last week, yet I can never quite get him to disclose his issues.

The problem I now have is that his behaviour is becoming an issue in the gym, we are the last positive place left in his life but we are nearly at a point where we have to take that away from him. I have a lot of pressure from fellow members who being in a regional town are not use to these type of characters. some of their attitudes towards him are unfair but some make very valid points.

I feel like cancelling his membership is literally a death sentence and I don't think I'm ready to live with the potential consequences from my actions......I haven't lost hope on him just yet. In saying that I'm flirting a very fine line between helping him and facing the consequences if he was to hurt/abuse/insult another member or staff member as his behaviour is starting to cross the line.

We are trying to offer him professional help using the ALGEE mental health first aid training but he is not at a point where he accepts he has an issue.

I don't get paid anywhere near enough for this shit.
You're in a tough spot, whufc. You clearly care about your clients, but that also cuts both ways in that you have an obligation to provide a safe and comfortable fitness environment. A tough line to walk when some clients don't fit the mold.

There's not much you can do if he doesn't accept there is a problem, which there clearly is. You have established a strong rapport with him given he feels comfortable in crying in front of you and opening up to you directly. Perhaps there is an opportunity for him to open up further and acknowledge his issues? Without wanting to overstate things, you are probably a key person in his life at the moment, and may have the power to be an 'influencer' (in the proper sense of the word).
by Magellan
Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

When people comment on something with defiantly instead of definitely.
It defiantly have a laugh at that. :D
As a spelling nazi I can relate, then/than does my bonce in too.
I'm also a grammar fascist, I can't stand "would of " instead of "would have." I see it bloody everywhere, and it makes my eyes ache.
by Magellan
Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |