Search found more than 1112 matches

Return

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Pseudo wrote:A tennis player named Tennys. :lol:

Apparently he has a son who lives near West Lakes.
by Magellan
Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Jase wrote:The eldest boy received his 1st preference offer for uni today....

Nursing at Adelaide...

Well done Senior Junior Jase....

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Great news, Jase.
by Magellan
Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: US

My personal opinion if this is not done there will never be unity in America,

You have to realise just about every election these days in America is disputed why because of archaic Federal state county electoral laws and no one wants to fix the problem. :Hangman:

There will never be so called unity and till this is all resolved. :Hangman:
Unity across the political spectrum? Sounds like something a communist would say.
by Magellan
Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Made the move to Melbourne.

I've recently accepted a job in Melbourne, so like CM I'll be making the move across to the dark side of the border very soon, probably sometime in mid-February.

Really looking forward to what Melbourne has to offer - we've got a good spread of Adelaide expat friends who've moved there, and we enjoy its culture and overall vibe. Currently not enjoying the seemingly Sisyphean pack-up and culling of crap that we've accumulated, although very necessary after 10 years living in the same place. Will miss watching the local footy in the flesh, though, and the hospitality of the Prospect RSL.
by Magellan
Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Player movements

You guys seem big fans of his.
No doubt they'll come on and vent at some stage
It's not as exhausting as it sounds.
Apparently his family are Rob Kelvin-aters, (good knows why) hence why he wesn't interested in going to Port....
His mum really hates him. One afternoon whilst dining in the Marineland cafeteria Rob Kelvinator chiko roll by accident, and from that day on she froze him out.
by Magellan
Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Anyone else stuck on the 9 Popes bit?

That, and the role of the Desert Fox.
by Magellan
Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Trump's farewell speech contained the following statement:

“I took on the tough battles, the hardest fights, the most difficult choices -- because that’s what you elected me to do.”

Absolutely, he couldn't be more accurate. Fighting the objective truth, common sense, rationality, the media, and the established institutions that his party seek to uphold and what characterise America are the most difficult wars anyone could wish to wage.

Note he didn't talk about winning those battles, unusual for the most winningest person to walk the planet.
by Magellan
Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Netflix

I saw it this morning but went for Full Metal Jacket instead
Very safe choice. Still one of my favourite films. Some fantastic lines
Anyone for Eskimo Pie?
First half of Full Metal Jacket is intense and as full on as a film can get, always felt the second half (when they're in Vietnam) wasn't as engaging.

Yes, it's got some absolutely classic lines. "No boom-boom with soul brother!'
by Magellan
Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This outsider who was not part of the established political elites despised by both sides and the FAKE MSM achieved more in four years than sweet talking President Obama did in 8 years.
Sure, despised by both sides now after the 6 January coup attempt.

If only he was despised by both sides back in 2016 the fabric of US democracy would have avoided its biggest wankstain.
by Magellan
Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Trial Games

Booney wrote:He is Groucho, after all.

On that score he deserves full Marx.
by Magellan
Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

I'd overlooked this album until now, what a mistake that was. An unheralded grunge classic that paves the way for "Siamese Dream," another grunge classic.
by Magellan
Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You know you're nearing 40 in Adelaide, when you remembe

Since this thread is really about reminiscing about things in and around the nineties, this guy (Rick Beato) has in interesting in-depth discussion about six albums released in a six week period in 1991 that changed the music world. You might recall when these albums came out, but you (like me) probably didn't realise the change that was occurring before your ears. It's about half an hour long, but worth it.

9awRht_7RQ0

PS If you like your music (listening or playing), his channel is very much worthy of your time.
by Magellan
Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 SANFL Fixture

Groucho wrote:I have no problems with the programme. It seems quite fair and reasable. Looking forward to when ronds 12 to 19 are confirmed. can i get some approval for being agreeable instead of the usual crap I cop?

Yes, absolutely Groucho. But we will takes marks off for spelling. ;)
by Magellan
Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Overrated bands/artists/songs/albums

Nick Cave. Not a bad musician or songwriter per se, but I just don't get why so many people go absolutely bananas over this guy.
by Magellan
Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

How Magellan has gotten on with his move to Melbourne.
G'day viewers.

So far, so good in Mal-bin. Currently holed up in Richmond in a friend's one bedroom apartment, with both the wife and I working remotely which is tight and pokey (cue puns) but survivable. Enjoying the variety of food and drink purveyors in the Richmond area - for example, had fun on Bridge Road last Friday night which included dinner at a Spanish restaurant and a pricey grog session in a cocktail/spirits bar. The injecting room is up the road a bit, but so far haven't seen much on the dodgy side of things. Went to St Kilda last Monday (public holiday over here) for a sticky-beak, and came to the conclusion that it's a bit shit. Planning to catch up with some ex-Adelaide friends for dinner in Foot-is-gray on Saturday night, and as I lived there briefly about 20 years ago I'm keen to compare and contrast what's there today (from what I'm told - less Vietnamese, and more Africans and apartments).

Weather is rubbish, but the people have been friendly and welcoming. Plenty of pubs and cafes seems to be dog friendly, which suits us, including Moon Dog brewery (BTW, they sell a bourbon barrel-aged peated stout which smells and tastes like it could power a ride-on lawnmower - an awesome drink in the true sense of the word - https://moondogbrewing.com.au/beers/black-lung/).

Anyway, we have just secured a rental place in Carlton North and will move in next Friday, which is exciting, and I can't wait till our stuff comes over so we can finally make a place feel like home. It's a cool spot, walking distance to both of our works (if we ever get to that point) and close to good recreational facilities, coffee, eating, and watering holes. It's also close to Carlton's home ground, so, you know, you can't have everything. ;)

Corona Man , apologies, and thanks for touching base - we'll catch up soon once we've landed in the new place.
by Magellan
Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R5 North v Glenelg Saturday 2.10PM

Vintage Era : Anderson Cup

What about the Adrian Rebbeck Cup mal ?

I’m expecting another close match against North, I would imagine we’ll go in unchanged again.
Looking forward to the annual RSL visit too. Will have one for you Magellan .
Cheers Spargo, really wish I could be there. Should be a cracker match, much like the last couple at Prospect. Make mine/yours a stout.
by Magellan
Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R6 North v West Sunday 2.10 PM

am Bays wrote:Playing for the Simpson Sims Shield

A shield would’ve been handy that day. ;)
by Magellan
Thu May 06, 2021 7:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Player movements

StrayDog wrote:Tone?

That's low.
by Magellan
Sun May 30, 2021 4:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R8 North v Sturt Saturday 1410

Wedgie wrote:Goddamn awful match after halfway through the 2nd and no idea how we won but always happy to assist with a double penetration CM. ;)
Just warming up in the RSL, got a bit chilly once the sun when behind the trees.

The RSL, great place to be win, lose or draw. Crack open a stout for me.
by Magellan
Sat May 29, 2021 5:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R9 North v Adelaide Saturday 1335

Look out for Marini, too - known to bob up unexpectedly like a cork in the ocean.
by Magellan
Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Corona Man wrote:Many Crows fans at Prospect?

Reckon there's heaps, it's just that you can't hear them 'cause they're all wearing masks.
by Magellan
Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

North should win comfortably. Our goalscorers must be well rested given last week's spot of annual leave after half time.
by Magellan
Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA Football Video Archive

Great to see some more updates, really love this archive. As DOC said, a wonderful effort to make these games available.

I forgot to mention that we still have another 700 games to unload...
Is the 1987 second semi final between North and Norwood in that lot? Seemingly impossible to locate to date, and I reckon at least myself and RobranisGod are keen to revisit it.
by Magellan
Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R12 North v Port Saturday 1330

Corona Man wrote:I thought Barns had been put out to pasture. Or at least in storage on a farm. Lives with the owls I believe.

Hay, Barns' door's still wide open. Will be keen to play, North are playing fodder chance to grab fifth spot.

Sigh, low...standard puns there. Dairy me.
by Magellan
Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

What I want to know is whether Rebel Sport sponsors the sports report on Rebel News.
by Magellan
Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Roll out those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer!

Oh, shit. Wrong sing-a-long.
by Magellan
Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Corona Man wrote:
Magellan wrote:Certainly Moore of the Weidemann, if you catch my drift, man. Whoa, purple Hayes!

Yeah man, I believe Carter brings in the gear in a Goldsack.

Too much and they may get the munchies, though - good thing there's Samblich available.
by Magellan
Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo wrote:On fire @Magellan, your wit is sadly missed on here, brother.

Thanks for the kind words, @Spargo.
by Magellan
Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Lightning McQueen wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:Who the hell calls their kid Siri?
My son just played basketball against a girl named Siri.

Are you sirius?

by Magellan
Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R13 West v North Saturday 1.10

A disappointing list of names from Westies, can't do much with them, apart from Boyle bursting out of the centre. Dunkin (Donughts) will be throwing his weight around.... over to Magellan
Gore is a bloody good player. Cleeland was once considered a natural in the reserves up past Belair. Dunkin plays well in the wet, will hope for some rain. Beech out with a hammy? I think he's just a bit tide, whilst the coach has set a very high bar for Taverner.

Westies' under 18s side provides some fun - reportedly the Demons have scouted Satanack, and Midwinter will hit peak from in about a month. I predict Burbridge will keep his spot in the side for a while, but will eventually be replaced by Donald-Bradman. Lemmey will be looking for a career as a groundsman given he's quite an ace with a spade.
by Magellan
Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday

Thanks CM and locky. Hoping to top it off with a Rooster win this arvo.
by Magellan
Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Booney wrote:Mamma Carmela - Jetty Road, Glenelg

Bruschetta en tree - Two nice pieces of crunchy bread, good serving of fresh tomato and basil, good extra virgin olive oil used.

You'd think they'd branch out and add a couple of Bay leaves.
by Magellan
Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R14 North v Centrals Saturday 1410.

The Dogs have named an interesting side.

Dew typically kicks himself off the park in reserves, so keen to see how he goes at league level. I'm Shaw Weaver will make the team, he looms large and can thread one from a tight angle. Barreau often carries the whole side, but needs to be pushed sometimes. Iles, on the other hand, might lose his spot - he's often all at sea. Marsh is in the same boat.

Will they promote Vidal from the under 18s Sassoon? He has the style to play at a higher level. Wall and Copperstone naturally combine well, curious as to how they'd work with Fort.
by Magellan
Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Prospect RSL are serving soup and a roll for $4 on the day, so come on down and watch the game on the big screen if do not wish to brave the cold and enjoy a warm soup or a cold drink. ~O) :partyman:
Don’t hold your breath folks, PatowalongaPirate & I are still waiting on our curry we were promised back in 2017…
;)
by Magellan
Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R14 Port v Norwood Saturday 1435.

Knoll is an interesting inclusion, having not been sighted since an ill fated post season footy trip to Dallas in 1963. I’d expect Binder to come in, he really brings the team together. I’m also Hearing, actually Heard in twice that Book is a chance for promotion from the reserves, he reads the play that well.

Not sure how you left a certain 18’s player out ;)
I think we all know how Stenchlik gets a game....
Is very close to Kent and Boxer.
by Magellan
Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Dogs have named an interesting side.

Dew typically kicks himself off the park in reserves, so keen to see how he goes at league level. I'm Shaw Weaver will make the team, he looms large and can thread one from a tight angle. Barreau often carries the whole side, but needs to be pushed sometimes. Iles, on the other hand, might lose his spot - he's often all at sea. Marsh is in the same boat.

Will they promote Vidal from the under 18s Sassoon? He has the style to play at a higher level. Wall and Copperstone naturally combine well, curious as to how they'd work with Fort.

=D> =D> =D>

The SAFooty Pun Equivalent of the lay down misere /royal flush

Not even going to bother competing with that

Like that tower in Paris, I-fold… ;)
Magellan is the master.

Indeed he is… hoping he will be back in town for September shenanigans!
Definitely coming back, Hazy, provided there's no COVID restrictions that prevent entry back into SA. Looking forward to catching up.
by Magellan
Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R14 Sturt v Glenelg Saturday 1410

Some curious names (no, seriously) for the Bays that suggest sons of former players - Kitschke, Murphy, Symonds, Viska, Trevena, Dewhirst. Can anyone confirm? Good to see if the case.

Also am Bays , I like how Condon protects his teammates in the reserves, and I expect Watts in the under-18s to be charged by the umps. ;)
by Magellan
Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R14 Port v Norwood Saturday 1435.

nwdfanparade wrote:NTTAWWT

WTF?

Yeah, I’m confused too, since I thought ’NTTAWWT’ stood for ‘Next Tuesday’s Trialmatch Against Woodville West Torrens’.
by Magellan
Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R15 Central v Sturt Saturday 1410

Plenty to like about Sturt's side, namely:

Anzac Lochowiak - expected to harness the gun-toting WW1 digger spirit, particularly if he can combine with Shute and Burrows. (I note there's a couple of other Lochowiaks in the twos, I'm keen to find out their first names as well).

Parker-Boers - lending support to Fahey-Sparks, thus keeping the Sturt two-surname eastern suburbs cliche thing alive. Whether they can add QC before retirement is the big question.

Dakin - a very cool and well conditioned player.

Parker - will probably drop out of the squad, I heard he'll be driving Lady Penelope to Royal Ascot.

Penfold - something to do with wine or Danger Mouse.
by Magellan
Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Good Movies

I finally got around to watching Apocalypse Now, such an intriguing story that is a very much slow burn but kept me interested all the way through, the final act/ending is pretty full on.
Now that you've seen it TDK, you should also check out "Hearts of Darkness - A Filmmaker's Apocalypse". It's a documentary about the making of Apocalypse Now that uses home movie footage filmed by Coppola's wife. Has to be seen to be believed, and it's a wonder the film got made in the end. You realise that the longer the film goes, the less the actors are acting. Dennis Hopper, in particular, was always being his drug-addled self.
by Magellan
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Many happy returns today Jimmy_041!
by Magellan
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R17 Glenelg v Centrals Saturday 2.10

Spargo wrote:Nice to see Hosie & Stretch coming back through the Magoos.
Hopefully cherry ripe come finals.

Yep, will provide the team with a Boost in seeking premiership Bounty, Moro less. Getting a spot in that Bay side won't be a Picnic, though.
by Magellan
Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R17 South v North Saturday 2.30

Danger game for North. I’m concerned Skinner could carve us up, potentially tearing us a new one. He’s claimed some scalps in his time. Interesting they’ve named Heaslip in the pivot, as he is not that sure footed, will be looking for a dry deck. I’d expect Draper to measure up, and I’ve no doubt he will Fitt in, Overall.
Amazing. You win the internet today :D
I understand Drapers selection blind sided a few pundits, if he fails to deliver now, his playing career could be in tatters, could even be curtains.
If so, he'll have plenty of opportunities in Holland or Venice.
by Magellan
Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R17 South v North Saturday 2.30

Danger game for North. I’m concerned Skinner could carve us up, potentially tearing us a new one. He’s claimed some scalps in his time. Interesting they’ve named Heaslip in the pivot, as he is not that sure footed, will be looking for a dry deck. I’d expect Draper to measure up, and I’ve no doubt he will Fitt in, Overall.
I understand Drapers selection blind sided a few pundits, if he fails to deliver now, his playing career could be in tatters, could even be curtains.
If so, he'll have plenty of opportunities in Holland or Venice.
If that happens they’ll haberdasher on their hands..
If it's going to be curtains, someone please make sure the lad sure wears a pelmet.
by Magellan
Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cringeworthy Ads

Failed Creation wrote:All those Rhonda & Ketut ads from a decade ago...

**** me, the amount of people that over-quoted that shit was insane.

Absolutely, those quotes were running hot...like a sunrise. ;)
by Magellan
Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R18 North v Norwood Saturday 2.30

sack Carr
Spot on, Fremantle had a terrible season.

You’re also a bit behind the times, Carr was stood down in July for breaching WA quarantine rules. ;)

Most unlike Carr to break the rules but I’m sure it was an honest mistake *18
Just like Balme in the 1982 Second Semi Final when 3 goals 1 behind was scored whilst Norwood had 19 men on the field.
And Port Adelaide had the decency to recognise they were beaten by a better side and not piss and moan about it ad infinitum.
by Magellan
Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2021 SEASON

Cervical Richardson gates would be open if this game was at Adelaide Oval
So they could let the pubic in, both male and femur.

Also, my patella me that Chris McDermott will attend the Bays' match on Saturday. Some other ex-players will come out of the woodwork - with final's coming, it's the tibia iceberg.
by Magellan
Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R19 Sturt v North Sat 2.35

Well done Sturt, took the game by the throat straight from the outset and never looked back. Reckon you can look forward to next season with plenty of confidence. Some very useful talent on display at Unley today, and in the hands of Mattner will be a team to watch. I’m certainly glad we’re not playing Sturt again next week.

North - very, very disappointing, particularly with the double on the line and a pretty much full strength side. Not sure how to approach next week’s elimination final against the Panthers. Seems like we could either continue recent shit form and flat-out capitulate, or turn it around on a deck that we play well on and against a side we accounted for comfortably a couple of weeks’ ago. At any rate, winning form is good form, and right now we ain’t got it.
by Magellan
Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Happy birthday MT_79!
by Magellan
Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |