Search found 295 matches

Return

Re: COVID-19

The Bedge wrote:
Pag wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:How have others found the season?

Judging by the games I've watched on dartfish most of the players look heavier.

Not lying. :oops:

Sympathy pregnancy? :P

I probably shouldn't be playing while pregnant, but I figure it's only a few more games and I'm playing forward anyway. ;)
by Pag
Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2020

Lockleys could have iced the game earlier but didn’t kick straight and apply scoreboard pressure.
Hearing premiership shirts already printed.
Lockleys flag to lose still.

Big few weeks for Lockleys. All top 4 contenders in a row. No doubt they are the ones to beat still and they’ll have to be well down to get knocked off.

On paper it looked like Lockleys A and B grade were near full strength. Hearing Salisbury in both grades were undisciplined and to worried about the player not the ball. Gave away a few costly frees. Salisbury get that right and they could go deep in finals.
You talk absolute rubbish my dimwitted friend. I’m not sure any genuine Lockleys (or Salisbury) people would agree with any of the tripe you just typed.
by Pag
Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2020

Does this mean he lied at the intial hearing?? As i stated before I would have loved to know what was said last night and how he ended up with the injuries if it had nothing to do with Kobi Russell.

Geez mate, the public (and on here) had Russell hung and given de-registration on an incident that we could only speculate what happened.

It was a very ballsy appeal if there was any shadow of doubt that the player was guilty, the BFC obviously were very diligent with their appeal and the tribunal obviously were privvy to some evidence that was unavailable initially.

It will never happen but in future reports shouldn't be discussed on here until after the tribunal hearing.

Hello, this has been my ruling all along! and this is the exact reason why! :?

That’s not particularly fair. The tribunal handed down the initial 7 week suspension, not the public or members of this forum. It’s a reasonable question to ask how a 7 week suspension has been overturned on appeal.
Agreed, it was being discussed on here after he had a hearing and was found guilty. I think it's 100% fair to be talking about it by that stage.

If there is an error, it's either been made by the tribunal or people giving evidence to the tribunal, not the average joe talking about it after the fact.. Bit rich of Broadies to be having a crack at the wider football community in their statement for talking about an issue that had been adjudicated on. They could've just left that statement as support for their player and acknowledgement of the new decision.
by Pag
Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Mrs. Creation and I went to Vietnam House on Bagster Road, Salisbury North last night. It was her first time there, and my second.

For our starters, Mrs. C. got a chicken & sweetcorn soup, while I went with the crab meat & asparagus. Both were really tasty, and were ample in size, and they were devoured within a few minutes.

Mrs C's soup: 8/10
My soup: 8/10

For our mains, Mrs. C. went with the standard sweet & sour pork, while I went for the claypot with caramelized pork belly and quail egg. I was about to have a dig at the missus for not being adventurous until she gave me a taste of her meal. I doubt I've had a bite of sweet & sour pork that good. My claypot was everything I was hoping it would be, and more. The pork was cooked perfectly, and there was a pleasant lack of gristle in both our dishes.

Mrs. C's main: 8.5/10
My main: 9/10.

Vietnam House.jpg

We both went for fried ice cream for dessert. I don't usually touch ice cream unless I'm home (it goes straight through me), but I made a happy exception tonight. The coconut batter around the ice cream itself was a revelation, and was topped nicely with nuts.

Mrs. C's dessert: 9/10
My dessert: 9/10

Service wise, the owner/waiter is very charismatic and chatty, and he seems to love his job. For people not expecting that, it might throw you off at first, but he's a good bloke, and happy to have a laugh.

The lady who brought us our meals was flat out all night, but was very efficient and polite nonetheless. She's obviously worked out a system that works.

Our three courses and a can of soft drink each cost just shy of $70, so it's excellent value too.

In summary, if you're from the north and want to try a new spot, here you go. You're welcome. If you're from elsewhere and you want brave the northern suburbs, you'll be safe here.

I'm in walking distance of this place, and it is seriously the best Asian food in the state (in my opinion anyway).

Normally when I eat somewhere there's a go-to dish I tend to stick with. Not here. I have a rotation of about half a dozen different dishes that I'll eat there, though I often alternate between the Singapore noodles and the laksa for the main.

For entrée, you can't go past their Vietnam House spring rolls. If you can find better spring rolls I want to know about them. Oh, and the satay sauce that accompanies the prawn crackers is amazing.

The place is often quite busy - I don't think I've ever seen the place quiet (outside of COVID). And the staff are fantastic. Some of the lines the owner says are brilliant - best one was asking 'what breed' in response to someone ordering a particular dish.

It's great food and always an entertaining experience there.
I reckon our footy club has put the Vietnam House owners grandkids through college already. Cant go a day without seeing blokes on Snapchat having lunch there.
by Pag
Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals Week 3 - Preliminary Finals

Bay 521, Row Q for me. Long way up but can't wait for the hostility. :D
by Pag
Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals Week 3 - Preliminary Finals

So unbelievably proud of my footy club tonight.

Kudos to Ebert, his final contest will go down in Port’s history I’m sure. What a way to be remembered.
by Pag
Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 AFL Grand Final That lot Vs the other ones.

Flights booked, accommodation sorted. Tickets being bought in half an hour or so.

It clearly won't be the same experience as 100,000 at the G but I'm trying to be excited to be part of the most 'different' GF in the game's history. If we win, I definitely won't care.

Anyone been to The Gabba and can recommend a bay to watch the game from? Usually it's a ballot for what seat you get at the G but I think we can pick and choose a bit more this year.
by Pag
Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Favourite player from rival clubs

Robbie Gray is the one I enjoy watching the most. I sometimes find myself in awe of his ability to step through traffic and have such clean hands.

Docherty and Birchall the ones I tend to follow the closest.
by Pag
Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 AFL Grand Final Richmond v Geelong

My musings on the GF :

Keeping in mind the AFL was hamstrung in regards to the entertainment available they didn't do a bad job. With international artists unavailable it was down to local artists only, whilst it didn't do much for me, or anyone for that matter, it was another example of the AFL just getting it done in 2020.

If a night Grand Final floats your boat because some lights flash and look cool you're either a moth or one of those people who think flares at the soccer look cool, sure, it was probably spectacular at the ground but on TV it was nothing special and it can't be the reason the AFL want night time GFs.

What an opening 5 minutes! Vlastuin was out and out, Ablett looked like his shoulder was out and so was he, what a remarkable effort to return to the field in the state he was in, clearly hampered by the injury you could question what was his value out there? With Grimes blanketing Dangerfield the Geelong forward line was a 1 man show in the second half. Ablett injured, Dangerfield blanketed, Rohan chasing Leon Davis, Grymblehebehe Miers hacking it up on the wing and O'Connor river dancing or something.

While Geelong had the better of the second quarter it wasn't as though Richmond were conceding much, it was 1.1 to 3.3 for the quarter and the Cats looked like they'd fired their shot, you knew Richmond had more in them.

At the other end everything Taylor touched turned to shit, he even copped an out on the full just running past minding his own business. Once Lynch cooked him the Tigers took over, Lynch and Riewoldt got a handful of touches but more importantly they broke the Geelong defence up and the likes of Stewart and Henderson couldn't get to the contest to help out. Game over.

Ablett, what a pleasure it has been to witness his career.

Martin, what a pleasure it is to be watching him at the peak of his powers.

Congratulations to Ablett and Taylor on their careers.
Good summary Boon.

In terms of the half-time show, half the Gabba crowd didn't watch it anyway as the line up for the toilets (even males) was ridiculous. Dunno how that joint goes on Day 1 of a test match but it was hard work. Kids would've loved it, but I didn't pay the money for Sheppard, I was there to watch footy.
Well done to QLD government and the AFL for putting it on at all, but 2.30pm EST at the G next year please.

Commend Ablett for playing on. Could tell he was hampered but if the game was close in the last five-ten mins the extra rotation for the previous three and a half quarters may have been the difference.

Felt like the second quarter was just as important as the third and fourth. Could tell we were under the pump for the majority of it, but to only give up three goals, and then snatch one back late was a massive win. The last five mins I felt we had got the game back on our terms and I was optimistic going into half time. Had a lot of the 2019 prelim about it.

I have been stoic in my Alex Rance love, he was the best player I've seen wear a yellow and black jumper in my lifetime. But it's hard to say Dusty hasn't gone past him now, I was in awe of how easy he made it look at times.

I am so proud of my footy club. We were an absolute basket case for a long time. Got the right people in the right places by 2010, took a few years of pain, made the finals three years in a row to be knocked out horribly. Fell away terribly in 2016, could've thrown Dimma out the door and thought about starting again. Backed him and the list in, added in a couple of key cogs (Prestia, Nankervis etc) and here we are. I've gotten a bit over the 'you play all your games at home' and 'you get the GF at home' schtick from people, hopefully they can now realise they best team wins it anywhere.

The good times won't roll on forever, but I'm going to enjoy every bit of them while they last.
by Pag
Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Negative defensive footy cure?

Not a fan of this sort of thing. Disadvantages teams who end up getting more wet weather games than others.

Super Netball (completely different sport, I know) had a two-point goal available for the last five mins of each quarter or something. Made no sense to me why the first goal of the quarter should be worth less than one that comes with four minutes to go.

I know we don't want the game to be like soccer, but there is a bit to take out of the fact that soccer changes its rules less than almost other sport going around.
by Pag
Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 -2020

Trade Period Power Rankings:

5. St Kilda
4. Brisbane
3. Geelong
2. Carlton
1. Nathan Fenwick
by Pag
Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

We are such a selfish society. The lines at every Coles, Woolies, Foodland etc just proves this.

Sad to see how much we think of the ‘me’ when life gets a bit tough, and completely forget about the people around us.
by Pag
Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mypaddock wrote:Can anybody back-up the rumour that Glenunga may be merging with one of the college sides, possibly PAC, thus keeping Hectorville in Div 5???

I've also heard a rumour about PAOC possibly folding, so maybe there is some substance to it.
by Pag
Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 3

Went down to Hartley Rd and watched Flinders Park v Golden Grove yesterday.

Cracker game of footy, good setup FP have now with the new change room building closer to the clubrooms (handy temporary bar under there too). Massive day with a 2011 flag reunion. Plenty $$$ changing hands, reckon FP’s bar would’ve been close to empty last night.

The game itself was as good as you’d hope for 1 v 2, FP should’ve been well in front at 1/4 time with the majority of the play but wasted some chances. GG had the majority of the possession in the 2nd but didn’t look overly dangerous and FP took their chances and led by four goals at half time.

GG absolutely dominated the third, complete one way traffic. Looked like only one winner when they went in a goal up at 3/4 time. Credit to FP, found a way to regain the ascendancy in the last. Took a long time for them to break through for a goal, ball was pinned into their forward half for 10-15 mins, but once they got one the next two came quickly and despite Shaw’s goal late, FP hung on. Great game of footy.

Thought Richards, Schwarz and Cousins were the best three for FP. Pitman, Walker and Barmby for GG.

Best thing I saw all day though was the way some GG supporters and a FP official handled an incident in the crowd that could’ve got rather nasty. Both parties handled it really calmly, but were strong in their actions. Don’t wanna go into too much detail but as a neutral I walked away with some more respect for both clubs for the way it was dealt with.

Let’s not beat around the bush here. The issue was race related which is why the GG fans were upset. Clearly not and indictment of FP as a whole club but it really isn’t a good look. Hope punishments are handed down to stop it from happening again.
I did state the FP president handled it really well when it was brought to his attention, as it was from the GG supporters who were really calm and measured when reporting it.

I wasn’t standing too far away from the resulting conversation and from what I could tell, the guilty party admitted they had said the wrong thing (not tolerable under any circumstance regardless), and was instructed to immediately leave the venue by the FP official (someone may correct me if I’m wrong).

Outside of the idiotic individual who made the remark, I was acknowledging the great work of the other people involved.
by Pag
Sun May 30, 2021 6:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Nutrien Ag Cup (APFL / NAFA / NEFL / YPFL)

Tempted to come up for a look. Who ended up getting the APFL coaching gig?
by Pag
Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

We trialled the Monday training thing a few years back and for someone over the age of 25 like I was, it was horrible, I could barely get out of a walk from the Saturday's soreness. The impact of the extra 24 hours between Monday night-Tuesday night surprised me. Tried Wed/Thurs for a bit too but couldn't back up to train two nights in a row, struggled to get around on the the Thursday.

Still think Tues main session with Thurs short, sharp session is the right balance, people are also much more likely to hang around for a meal then a few drinks a bit later on with only one day of work to get through (as mentioned earlier). Doesn't mean the discussion isn't valid however.
by Pag
Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Hey Daisy i forgot to mention if you read the article re Indias Herd Immunity you would of seen this statement.

"There were 10.073 million all-cause deaths in India last year, only 1.49 percent or roughly 147,000 more than the previous year’s 9.926 million. "

You can draw your conclusions from this stat very very interesting.
its the same all over the world, there is no pandemic

Bingo and even more so this year 2021. SA had 1 positive case from 23k of testing. And this person was from the vinery with that group and was already isolating.

These super duper spreading virus isn't really getting around now is it.

I said earlier Queen Nicola needed a few positve cases, for her 6 the other day and now a couple more. The gang of 3 are once again justified in there actions, but if you look at the numbers in the last few days 1/23000. I just can't see why we need to cripple the state for that sort of numbers.

In Sydney, how many people have been hospitalized right now?

I get we need to protect the elderly and other people at risk, but I do worry about the otherside of this in terms of DV and mental health and where this will lead us.
Stan, doesn't the one case detected show that the lockdown is working? That is the point of it, so we didn't turn into Sydney. Because of their decision, most of us will be back out of the house and at work on Wednesday. Not a bad result?
by Pag
Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

Handful of games if he punched a player, sure. But he didn't.
You may be right but as a player if that is the punishment handed down it says runners aren't untouchable.
If you're willing to sit out a month you can give em one when they're mouthing off.
Which most runners do. Can't hear but my guess thats exactly what happened here.
A month? Well you'd think he would be looking at 6-8 at a minimum - it's deliberate high contact, impact to be decided.. more than a month.

Not that I want to sound like i'm defending Kershaw either coz he's always been a grub , but what did the runner think was gonna happen running up getting in his face? Nothing good can come from it.

^^^^^^ This...…………….same on a cricket field.

To be honest though I wouldn't be fussed if a rule existed that if an umpires hears a runner direct any words at an opposition player they are automatically sent off and the team has to play without a runner.

I don't buy into the its all part of the game. You are a runner, your job is to run a message to your team and then get the **** of the oval. Aussie rules being one of only few sports where this even exists.

If they want the privilege of being out there send your message and don't say a single word to the opposition, be a player if you want to yap off. One of my biggest pet hates in aussie rules.
I loved some verbal by-play with opposition runners. And I didn't manage to ever strike any of them in the head. No harm done. Not the runner's fault old mate couldn't control his emotions.

Would he have done the same if it was a spectator giving him some verbal?
by Pag
Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 6

I think, in order to fill up D5 to 10 teams there will only be 1 relegated from D5 and D6
You're assuming the league wants 10 teams in each division.. ;)
Good call Bedge just quietly 8)
Watched Elizabeth v TOS on the weekend. Massive crowd at Argana Park. Looked like some sort of fundraiser happening over near the clubrooms that had a hell of a lot of support. Elizabeth too good second half.

Warm day, sun out, drink in hand, but no BBQ. :(
by Pag
Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Southern Football League

Brett Ellis goes back to Back in the Mail Medal winning easily again.
Great player, Great bloke who like most medalists would happily trade it for a Premiership medal. Wont be this year tho if there's any team that could come from the Elim Final to win it, it's a team like McLaren

The only thing i'm sure of in the Finals is that Strath and McLaren WONT be playing off in the GF. :roll: :lol:
Other than that i wont be tipping any game with any confidence.
Interesting Stat is Willunga have lost their last 5 Grand Final appearances whilst L Creek have won their last 5 Grand Finals they've competed in so the pressure will be on Willunga if they make the GF.
Creeks have won 4 of their last 5 flags from 2nd or 3rd spot so they're walking a well worn path to success.
Be interesting to see if Captain Perrey returns this week, being sidelined with injury since Round 13
Watched this online last night. You're a star Muff =D>
by Pag
Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 5

Understand that the league has done an awesome job organizing this but Kenilworth v CLG at Hope Valley is a bit odd. Mitcham seems a more logical choice.

Actually closer for SMOSH to go to Hope Valley than to Mitcham.

Handy for volunteers/players involved with Kenilworth to be only 15 minutes away from our A grade.
Hopefully we get out there around qtr time!
You'd think this would be one of the main reasons for the venue selection. Would be harsh with supporters/volunteers having to trek across town in between games, and they've tried to do this across all divs with both games on the Saturday. Thebby/Richmond for Div 1, St Marys/Glenelg for Div 2, Payneham/Campbelltown for Div 3, Salisbury/Elizabeth for Div 6. Good work by the league to make it easier for club people.

Despite the loss, Lockleys saved a bit of money on Saturday I'm hearing. About 25-30 beers worth? :shock:
by Pag
Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As a former Lockleys Demon I was disappointed with the new club rooms. The place itself is magnificent, it's nicely built, lay out is good, seems fit for purpose but it doesn't have any soul, my word the place is sterile. I know they share the place with several other clubs and it is what it is, but it didn't feel like the Lockleys FC to me when I went in there. Felt like you were just at a conference centre.
I remember saying this exact thing last year after playing there. The old ones one the other side of the ground were clearly dated, but genuinely felt like a footy club. I was waiting for a training and development session to start in the new ones when I had a drink there last year.
by Pag
Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Parents who keep their kids home from school for three days for them to avoid practicing a really important life skill (speaking in front of a group). I get its not comfortable for all kids, but neither is Maths, Writing or PE, and we ask kids to practice skills in those areas regularly.

Parents, your child being out of their comfort zone once in a blue moon is not a bad thing.
by Pag
Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pag to coach Smithfield. 8)
Hey Pag.
Your names getting thrown about at every open coaching position are you looking at coaching in the near future and if so where as I couldn’t see you leaving Salisbury.
Hoping to be involved in some sort of coaching capacity somewhere next year mate, unsure where and in what role yet though. Won't be at Salisbury, I wasn't officially involved there this year either once I had to pull the pin on playing back in February. Spent this year getting around and observing/learning from some senior coaches that I have a bit of time for (in some different divisions and leagues) each Saturday to try and semi-prepare myself.
by Pag
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Can't imagine having lived life without ever eating Chicken Chef chips. Shattered for those of you from down south. :(
by Pag
Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo wrote:
Pag wrote:Can't imagine having lived life without ever eating Chicken Chef chips. Shattered for those of you from down south. :(

I’m heading there today at lunch.

Your life is about to change for the better. Or maybe worse, you may never look at another hot chip the same.
by Pag
Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ok, I’ll admit I was very pessimistic about the Chicken Chef chips despite the hype & publicity over the last 24 hours not to mention the high recommendations from LM, Days & Pag on here.
I couldn’t get near the joint, had to park out the front of Vili’s. I Enter the shop & there are 18 people eating/waiting for their order. In the 8 mins I waited another 23 people came in and ordered. The place was heaving.
Grab my order & almost break into a run back to the van in anticipation. I am not let down. These are THE BEST CHIPS I have ever had - period. Crunchy on the outside, fluffy in the middle - cooked to perfection. The hot dog I had was spot on too. Got halfway through the chips & felt full, finished them anyway. My mouth loves me, my guts hates me. Food coma ominous. Worth it.
It's a beautiful thing to read someone's life change forever.

;)
by Pag
Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

I'm hearing that Connor McLean is moving from Central to Norwood.
Not surprised if he leaves, we struggled to retain him last season.

Sad to see hiim go but, with Norwood losing a dozen players, he may have more chance playing league there than with us... strange to say.

If he can't get a game at Centrals, he is not getting a Senior game anywhere else (maybe West) :shock: He will get a game with Norwood. Rawlings might have to pull on the boots if we can’t recruit anyone
McLean also works at Norwood Primary School from memory, so it's convenient if anything.
by Pag
Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 5

Brodlach wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Nice estimate Bedge, hard to know what’s happening when you cannot see transfers.

Don't worry, I felt sick inside putting CLG that high. 8) :D

As you should ;)

We’ll be no good

Not what I've heard ;)

CLG, Locks, EP, Kilburn, Heccies to make the five. Bit of a gap to the rest I reckon.
by Pag
Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

It's not just West Croydon.. look at the roundabout of ups and downs over the last 20yrs - clubs that either cant see past their nose, don't future plan or mismanage the club - they have good highs and then crash down in dramatic lows.

How many times in the last 15yrs have we seen clubs promoted, win flags, or have solid seasons and 12 months later are required to either drop a division (or 2), or not field a side.

How many times has one of those clubs been a club you'd consider 'well run' with good governance and processes in place?

Every year, same shit, different club.

Maybe these "local people trying to keep community alive and enjoy a football club and become part of something" have their objectives distorted, their process wrong and need to realise that instant success isn't the recipe for a sustainable future.
Is this the problem with compulsory promotion/relegation?

There are probably some clubs that demographically can't go up too many divisions (I'm thinking the likes of Houghton), they could win div 7, be competitive in div 6 but I would think if they ever went up to div 5 they'd be straight back down to 6 the next year so the year in div 5 is almost a waste of time & money.

I wouldn't have a clue though as I've never been involved in the AdFL, so just an outsider looking in
There are cases like this mate (not specifically talking about Houghton). It's similar with the Football League setup in England. However, there are also clubs that are able to move through divisions and sustain this. PNU were in Div 4 at one stage a while back, now they've won D1 premierships and have remained there. UMJ were playing Div 4/Div 5, same for Glenunga. Woody South have played both D6 and D1 in this millennium.

Ultimately, if the system is being successful the good and bad years for a club should balance themselves out over a longer period of time.
by Pag
Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

I reckon if it was a proper sit-down show with dinner and drinks etc, maybe two divs per night (ie Div3/4 together), each club with a table of 10, I reckon it'd be well attended.

Hell of a lot of work to organise though if you're doing 3-4 of them though.
by Pag
Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

The Little Hunter - Victoria St, Adelaide.

Go there.

300gm wagyu rump, wheat and barley fed, marble score 8+ served with steakhouse chips, baked potato or truffle mash, I went the baked spud. Added some roasted baby carrots on the side, $54 total.

The steak was a perfect medium, absolutely bang on, went with the pepper sauce that was just that, pepper sauce, not some gravy with peppercorns. Excellent. Good size spud with some sour cream and the roasted baby carrots were served in a side clay pot covered in a drizzle of honey.

It's a steak and ale house, I can't tell you the beers I tried, it was several IPA's or IIPA's.

Excellent venue, really ye olde ale house feel, feed was excellent.

9/10. Give it a go.
It's ridiculous how good the food is there considering it's a dance floor of the Woolshed after 10pm. :lol:
by Pag
Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

The lad works with a family friend who goes through employees at a ridiculous rate, he laid my son off a few months ago and then after a couple of weeks I confronted him about it, he apologized, admitted that he was too harsh and then put him back on.

The dude has constant relationship issues and seems to take it out on whoever is around at the time, at 4:15pm Friday the lad was meant to be working away this week and was working on Saturday, at 5pm he then messages me saying that his boss has had another bitch fit and told him to go look for another job. It was only last weekend he was telling me how well my son was going.

My son is devo, he works his arse off and has been saving most of his pay each week, I try not to get involved as I know that I'm not the most tactful when I'm pissed off and generally don't hold much back but I'm heading out to a luncheon with said person next week so I know there will be fireworks.

If he was being slack or not up to it I could accept and understand it, but telling me one thing one week and then shitting on him the next is just not on.

Its an employee market currently, time for your lad to find an employer that will appreciate him I reckon.

That's what I've told him.

He's got straight on the front foot and applied at a few places and to get the white card for the other job opening.

What's a white card?
Tell me you're from PAC without telling me you're from PAC. :lol: :lol:
by Pag
Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 5

Not sure if its been posted but a bloke called Brackstone from up here is going back to Kilburn this year.
Alex? Another Kilburn premiership player and zero pointer.. Get around the Chics

Yeah thats the one....

Was given a coaching role at a club up here as the only candidate. Then two weeks later they told him they wanted to look at further options and readvertised.
Poor form from the club, whoever it is.
by Pag
Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

I think friendship groups have a lot to do with it. My son was heading that way, we encouraged him to move friendship groups, he did and it worked very well.

I feel for the lad, and your son, but in then end they are really the only ones that can improve their situation.

I’d certainly be changing schools

It’s an old saying that had rang true in my life….

If you want to be a millionaire hang around millionaires.

If you want to be employed hang around people who are employed.

If you want want to save money hang around people looking to save money.

That theory has pretty much been the pattern of my life. Sadly I was too easily influenced when I was younger which led me to follow the habits of my friendship groups. It’s no surprise my life has blossomed once I moved out the northern burbs and got into a country region.

The same reasons I got out too.
And my life is now fantastic.
I think a lot of us on here who grew up in the north would have a story like this (although it's probably not just a 'north' issue, maybe just more prevalent). Like you two, I played footy/went to school with people who are now incarcerated and/or addicted, looking back you can definitely see the point where the two paths split. Glad I found my way on the path I did as well.

MW, can I ask what his reasoning is for not wanting to go?
by Pag
Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Which safooty posters would you like to meet and why?

My Mrs had a get together for some of her old workmates at our place the other night. Sitting watching the cricket and having a few beers with a couple of the husbands, I had a quick look at this site for comments on the match.
Hubby - "Oh, you're on Safooty too? What's your username?"
Me - "Kahuna"
Hubby - "Oh yeah, I'm Carey."
This doesn't sound the like the carey I know. A few dozen?
by Pag
Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 2

Blem12 wrote:Anyone know when the fixture is out ?

Draft Rd 1:

Athelstone v PHOS Camden
Salis. North V Rostrevor OC
Edwardstown v Henley
North Haven v Adelaide Uni
Payneham NU v Golden Grove
by Pag
Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Works in Newcastle for the Knights/Jets and Melbourne for the Storm/Victory/City? Hindmarsh would be the only option I think, but doubt it would actually happen. Perth and Cairns would be in front of Adelaide I'd think.
by Pag
Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Southern Football League

Watched my first GSFL game at Strath last night. Huge crowd, whole spectacle done really well (both clubs).

Creeks held on and matched Strath for the first quarter but Strath's class eventually shone through. Ball use and ability to link up with hands for Strath was super. Couldn't fault Creeks effort but didn't quite have the polish across the board. Clamp was an easy choice for the medal with his seven, thought Godfrey was really good for Strath too.

You guys have a great comp down here, the atmosphere was super and was a proper ad for country footy done right.
by Pag
Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adel Footy League- Women's

Round 9 Results
Divison 2
Tea Tree Gully 3.2 (20) lost to Goodwood Saints 5.6 (36)
Brighton Bombers 0.0 (0) lost to Angle Vale 10.0 (60) FORFEIT WIN
Westminster OS 10.9 (69) d Gaza 2.2 (14)
Angle Vale BYE

Divison 4
Hectorville 7.7 (49) d Lockleys 1.2 (8)
Eastern Park 10.0 (60) d Greenacres 0.0 (0) FORFEIT WIN
Fitzroy 2.0 (12) lost to Mitcham 4.6 (30)
Scotch OC 4.4 (28) d West Croydon 3.5 (23)

Division 6
Tea Tree Gully 10.0 (60) d Goodwood Saints 0.0 (0) FORFEIT WIN
Mitchell Park 1.0 (6) lost to Golden Grove 9.8 (62)
Athelstone 10.0 (60) d Flinders Park 0.0 (0) FORFEIT WIN
Marion 10.0 (60) d Ingle Farm 0.0 (0) FORFEIT WIN

It's concerning there are lots of forfeits.
Very, very concerning

A couple of others have forfeited during the year, and a couple more have come very close. You can see the clubs that treat their womens programs like they are a bit of a sideshow, and those who are every bit as important as the blokes.
Or is it just that women's footy may have expanded too quickly and there actually isn't enough players yet to adequately fill the 54 senior teams currently registered? In addition to the fact that the SANFLW also added in a Reserves/Development league as well.
by Pag
Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adel Footy League- Women's

Showcase of that division/league for the year, of course there should be a cost greater than a regular season game. I've happily paid it to watch neutral finals/GFs in town and in the APFL, BL&G etc and will continue to if I think I'm getting a good game/brand of footy.

Imagine the economic stupidity if the AFL, NBA, NFL etc only charged the same for a GF/Finals/Superbowl as a regular season game. AdFL in the same boat just on a much smaller scale.
by Pag
Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Junior codes

Big round of Grand Finals coming up this weekend. Henley, Edwardstown and Glenunga have 4 teams in them.
Fair disparity in the allocation of venues for the teams, though. The SANFL Juniors-sponsored Henley have 3 teams at HQ and the 4th at Richmond. Edwardstown don't have to leave Richmond all day, but Glenunga have teams at HQ (for games against Henley), Richmond and Elizabeth.
The SANFL Juniors second favourite team, Blackwood, also have back to back games at Prospect. Makes sense to have teams from the same club play at the same venue. Unfortunately, not every club was given the same courtesy.
Any suggestion how you could have every single club with multiple teams being able to have ALL their teams play together at the same venue? Its ideal, definitely, but I'm sure it'd be a logistical nightmare. Especially if there's more clubs in this boat than available venues.
by Pag
Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaza FC - Salary Cap Breaches

Bluedemon wrote:
jo172 wrote:Is plan B move CBCOC to Klemzig?

I havent heard of CBCOC moving home grounds

Think he may be referring to the amount of Gaza players heading to CBCOC next year.
by Pag
Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

Someone once told me that if you move to a club from under 18's (Club X 2023) to your 1st season of senior footy (Club Y 2024) then you are a zero pointer, I have no idea if its true however some country clubs have used this to attract talent at zero points and throw in a bit of cash.

Can anyone confirm, could that be what is going on here?
Pretty sure that is correct.
Yep if you haven't played any A grade or SANFL-system footy then you'd be a 0.
by Pag
Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bucket List Trips/Holidays

I've visited 25 countries in my life so far (I'm 35), some I'd love to get back to and some I'm happy with only seeing once.

In terms of trips I'm planning on getting in at some stage in the future:

Southern (Memphis, Nashville, New Orleans etc) and North-eastern US (Philly, Boston etc). NYC is my favourite place in the world so far and would make sure I stop in again.
Western Canada/Rockies/Alaska.
Have done a safari in South Africa, would love to do the same in Kenya/Botswana at some stage.
Caribbean for an Aus cricket tour.
Ashes in the UK.
Norway/Finland/Lapland.
Brazil/Argentina.
Vietnam/Thailand/Malaysia/Hong Kong.
Need to get to the new Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London so will be there again at some stage as well.
by Pag
Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |