by Dissident
Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Homeland

woodublieve12 wrote:
mick wrote:Jumped the shark unfortunately :(

how???

Yeah I'm still into it. Although I'm starting to get the shits with how they always put Carrie in missions when they know she is always going to compromise them in some way

Should have shot her properly.
by OnSong
Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

How do you know how Buddha Hocking or the ravens coach feel about losing?
by Mr Beefy
Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mr Beefy wrote:How do you know how Buddha Hocking or the ravens coach feel about losing?

He has a name, Heath Younie.
I can assure you Heath will be trying to win every game too.
by Wedgie
Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think most of us would prefer, in a perfect world, an independent AFL reserves competition- which leaves the state leagues be.
by valleys07
Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm not sure any supporter really thinks its a "right", but more the case of, if the AFL aren't willing to incept a reserves competition, then what are the alternatives.
Of course. But the AFL clubs, in entering the SANFL, are putting themselves before the integrity of the competition. The fact that they would, in the absence of an independent AFL reserves competition, see whatever suits them best as an alternative, regardless of what it will do to the league, is why many SANFL fans feel like this has been forced on them, against their will by the AFL clubs, notwithstanding the weakness of six of the league directors.

so they should, the AFL is more important than the SANFL.

sooner you guys let go, the better

Bout time you took Centrals off the teams you support isnt it?
Cant have 2 teams in one comp and that goes for all you other Crow disciples too

I'll never support the second side, Panther through and through, they are my number one priority. Don't tell me who I can and can't support....
by westcoastpanther
Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Well their B grade might be.

a) what's to say the players are of A grade quality?

b) Don't forget, they're still only allowed 15 points like the rest of us, meaning they'll get to use 7 blokes in the A grade and maybe not even that many depending on points left over from last year (if any)

Perhaps people should wait and see who rocks up on the doorstep before panicking to whether the wool is being pulled over our eyes...

http://blakow.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/something-smells-fishy-and-it-certainly-isnt-fish.jpg
by woodublieve12
Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NAB Challenge

Booney wrote:
am Bays wrote:Both teams to finish bottom two, too many turnovers

Port for the spoon, lock it in

Since you became a full time troll I find your posts easier to ignore. :lol:

but I get more "likes" now!!!
by am Bays
Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Both teams to finish bottom two, too many turnovers

Port for the spoon, lock it in

Since you became a full time troll I find your posts easier to ignore. :lol:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/technology/one-in-20-people-are-internet-trolls-with-the-attributes-of-sadists-and-psychopaths-according-to-paper-in-sciencedirect/story-fnjwnorf-1226829078108

It's in The Powertiser, it must be true....
by am Bays
Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pag wrote:After losing to Melbourne on Friday, I'm looking forward to getting the #1 Pick in the 2014 Draft.

So you can redraft Tambling.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Sorry for intruding but.... I'm sure Brahma Lodge put a lot of faith in the people they chose to take the club forward. All of a sudden they all leave and they are left with nothing. People, what happened to getting behind the Aussie battler and not kicking them when they're down. We can talk all day about the mistakes, but this club is trying to save themselves from extinction. Where they play is irreverent , as long as they play. Compassion is not something experienced in footy all that often, but atm, we all need to work for a strong league and all clubs are part of that. I'll go now, with friends or not.
By "faith" you mean "money", right?

No compassion from me. We lost a Grand Final to them by 100pts two years ago. No one from Brahma Lodge was crying to the league that day. I'm sorry, but if you live by the sword, you die by the sword.

They should have been made to stay in Div 4 as per the rules and taken on the chin whatever came their way
by S Demon
Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WEIGHT LOSS + the challenge

Down to 95Kg's... Lost 7... Taking a bit longer then i thought but i'm really happy about it... It's pretty good now to actually use the belt now when i wear it and not just put it on cause it looks better :lol:
by woodublieve12
Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WEIGHT LOSS + the challenge

The picture on the left was early 2012, and the picture on the right was from the weekend. Total loss to date is 42kgs.
pic.jpg
by Sorry Dude
Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 8 2014

Its a bit of a tricky situation and not ideal at the moment, but here's the facts:

The D grade coach approached the committee towards the end of last year and asked if he could put together a D grade side with a bunch of mates who mostly either haven't played for a few years or were currently playing lower level football at other clubs. The committee agreed that we should go down this path to increase the number of patrons at the club, as well as put us on par with the surrounding strong N/E clubs who all have 4-5 teams (TTG, Modbury, GG). They also had a sponsor already on board to buy them new jumpers

A side effect to having a new D grade is that our traditionally competitive C grade has been elevated into a very strong Div 8 competition. To further add to it, at least 12 regular C graders from the last 2-3 years decided late into the summer to hang the boots up for a number of different reasons. Something that Im sure other clubs can attest to this year. Add to that a large number of injuries in all grades, and the depth of our club has been tested. In hindsight, we could have put the D grade side (who have all come together to play) as the C grade side at the start of the year and the results for the C grade might be slightly different. Although I am fairly certain however that with the players GG had running around in their C grade on saturday, they probably would have beaten the D grade side we fielded and most likely even our B grade.

We thought with a number of kids coming up this year, the C grade side would still fill a competitive side. Another 2 x key C grade players took off overseas recently (returning soon) so the core group from 2013 is basically non existent and something we didn't see coming. The side will improve after the bye with any luck and hopefully so will their results.

I definitely wouldn't say the D grade are sandbagging. If we pick the best 25 and then the rest play D grade, we run the risk of most or all of those blokes that came to play together being split up and then not playing at all and losing our D grade side completely, stuffing around Div 8R and adding another bye to the fixture as well copping any financial penalties from the league.

We took a punt on getting up a D grade side which has brought at least 40 new blokes into the club (and let me tell you, those boys don't mind spending a bit over the bar and easily outnumbered GG players in their clubrooms after both games were finished) so from that perspective it has been a success. Not many of them train consistently either, whereas the C grade boys do train and warrant their spot. Just because there is some talent in the D grade, doesn't mean they should be playing C grade. A bloke who trains twice a week should be picked before someone who doesn't train at all, regardless of ability. #17 for example in your C grade would walk into most A grade midfield's at any club in any division. But he works and can't train. He's getting a gig before other blokes who might be training two nights a week and still playing D grade. I don't necessarily agree with that, but I'm not involved at GG and it has nothing to do with me

This whole D grade venture has been a learning experience for us and we having ongoing discussions about what to do in 2015 if we continue to have a D grade side. We will look at all options, including having this group all play together in the C grade. But then I'm sure Hefty you will still complain about them sandbagging in that grade too, because there is probably at least 5 x players who could play A grade if they were committed and actually wanted to play a higher level. I don't think we're the only club in SA who has some talent playing lower grade football
by S Demon
Mon May 26, 2014 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dangerfield Ouch

just when i thought there couldnt be a stupider thread on this site...

dangerfield is probably the hardest player in the afl right now (along with selwood imo)

you make it sound like he is faking all the knocks he gets. what complete crap.
by bennymacca
Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ch9AFL C GRADE Divisions - 2017

Thought I'd get a thread going for all us slow and old fellas still trying to get a kick!
by S Demon
Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 5 - 2017

Wow just get back from leave and the forum has been pretty active of late. Getting back to footy. Im really looking forward to actually playing footy this year, maybe even 18 rounds and then some more ;) Come on, if you cant laugh at yourself or look at things in light then when can ya!
Recruiting seems to be up and about more so than this time last year. From an administrative point of view, i liked the new transfer window in November. Gives you a solid start and to be able to ascertain where you are at earlier stage rather than the surprise notifications early in the new year. What are the thoughts from everyone else about it?
A lot of player movements even from higher grades to Div 5. Good to see that some (yes albeit for financial gain but what can you do) still believe that this division is worth playing in. Our numbers have been really good on the pre-season track with our new guys fitting in very well. How's everyone else tracking? Hopefully this year we all have a cracking season and by the looks of things the new clubs in the grade will be hard to beat. All the best to everyone in Div 5 this year and i look forward to meeting those that come to visit us on a Saturday at the kennel. My shout for the first one. And no that's not for every b@stard that reads this post. Ill need to get a second and third job if that was the case.

So here's the deal Satchmiester. About a week ago I decided to make the forums great again and fill them with BathyFacts, BathyBanter, Bathybait & a hint of BathyBS. Glad youre back. With the troubles you lads had last year I tried to keep the Rosewater Rumblings Low (see what I did there)
Actually haven't heard to much from out your way but have been asked by several blokes what's happening out Rosewater way. I have assured the masses that your boys will be back all guns blazing with 3 teams in 2017.
I don't know of any ins and the only major loss I can see is Hughey 2 dads off to the Mallee. Not ideal but certainly replaceable.
Who are the recruits?
Is Ricky Steamboat still steering the ship?
Is that tony Greig bloke still football manager?
Is Rumbles going alright (FWIW made a huge mistake but I hope he has been able to move forward in his life)
Will "The Diff" be named Captain, start his own website and crack 1 million followers on Twitter
by absolutebath
Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL C GRADE Divisions - 2017

Doesn't matter how many games you've played.....until you've played at Newcastle street, you haven't played a real game!! :lol:
by amber_fluid
Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2017

Lance's brother wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:We played a hills team on the weekend who rocked up with 26 and they'll have no issues round 1. Really depends what else they had on.

How are the Crabb brothers travelling LK?

Sideways.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:I see biscuits as biscuits and cookies as the bigger rounder and generally softer versions. :?

Meh who cares lol :lol:

Available at any good mall.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

thegrowler wrote:Trust me...Kane will be a 0 pointer for us.

It's not the Rams first Rodeo ;)

Bull.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

After we trained Saturday I went and watched he second half of our C grade in their preliminary final against Modbury.

Unfortunately they suffered a 64 point loss, as Modbury ran away with it in the last quarter piling on the goals and chalking up their forth win from as many matches they've played against our C's this season. They're a far superior side and their ball movement and run was far too good.

Despite the loss this has been a very good year for the C grade finishing a respectable third and having it's first 'winning' season since making the 2011 C5 grand final. Since then the C grade has slugged it out in Division 8 and C3 last year, copping some absolutely beltings over those five years and after battling for wins during that time this season the C's have been able to string some wins together and create a winning culture within the team. It's been great to see the core group of C graders who have been there in those past five seasons enjoy some success this year.

Last year the C grade hit breaking point and it was an absolute basket case. The D grade had a successful team (going on to win a premiership) that a large majority of players wanted to be a apart of leaving the C grade struggling for numbers. We had guys from the B grade like myself doubling up to help the guys in the C's. Plus the coach gave it away around mid season. Something had to be done about it.

Dropping the D grade at the start of this season paid dividends. While it's been frustrating in the past, I feel we've had no problems with selection this season and everyone has played where they're picked. The club got the D grade back up and running in round three and this year is was very much a kick and catch sort of team.

I feel the triple headers have also been great for us as a club aswell. Having the three grades together has really helped enforce a winning culture and made the club a better place to be apart of for everyone.
by The Dark Knight
Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

Was that post meant to be on Facebook?
by Brodlach
Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:I reckon there's still changes to come with this div (and I don't mean administrative stuff like H and A listings)

Might turn those frowns upside down ;)

by zedman
Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2018

Footy Chick wrote:injured, coming back through (plus mrs frangers is due to drop any second now)

Am I the only one who finds it amusing a guy whose name is 'frangers' got his mrs pregnant? :P
by The Bedge
Tue May 15, 2018 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2019

The Bedge wrote:Haha 200mm - pretty specific! :lol:

I won’t comment on umpires, in my old age I’m learning the 24hr rule - sleep on it first.

Sorry Bedge, that’s how most people measure things

Just for you, it was inside the post by 2 Vietnamese Rolls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by The Ash Man
Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2019

Match of the Round - HOPE VALLEY SET TO MAKE 'BURRAS FACE THEIR DEMONS
As we head into Round 4, in a division eerily close between most sides, two sides stand out clear above - Hope Valley and Kenilworth. Along with Pulteney, these sides remain the only undefeated sides still this season and aloft the table, two games clear of Eastern Park in 4th position.

This weekend they'll square off, in what is being touted as a possible grand final preview - at the end only one will remain with their perfect record in tact. The scene is set for a blockbuster. 19 degrees, partly cloudy, minimal chance of rain.. ideal conditions for two quality sides to smash it out for 4 quarters.

Hope Valley proved their credentials last weekend, knocking off Eastern Park at the Dwight Reserve - a task difficult to come by in the past for visiting sides - the win setup by Devin Payne who has continued his rich vein of form in the forward half with 5 goals as he relishes the inclusion of quality around him to ease the pressure and spotlight. Big Jayke Hellmans continues to trouble sides - 15 goals in 3 games highlighting his potency.

Garang's backflip on a move to Modbury is paying off for the young athletic ruck, and allows Bollmeyer and Riddle to play other roles, making it an extremely dangerous unit. Sandery, Harney, Williams and young ball hunting mid Jimmy Rentoulis having pivital impacts on games.

They'll get their real test this Saturday though, an opportunity to see exactly how they stack up. Kenilworth for large parts of the 2018 season appeared the most likely to challange CBC for the flag, before falling away late in the year.

Another side full of quality in every line, starting with Liverton forward who has kicked 16 goals in his opening 3 rounds, including two bags of 6.

Add in the brother boy contingent of Wilson-King, Krakouer and Kruse - and now the addition of NT Thunder Team of the Decade ruck/utility Vea Vea and that group just oozes class and x-factor.

Chesser and Zesers doing the extraction work on the inside, have started the season brilliantly, whilst Richter, Ryles and Siemering appear unbeatable.

The class of the 'Burras outfit was on full disaply last week against another finals fancy Smithfield. The panthers - previously undefeated - headed out to St Marys and were swiftly put to the sword, losing by 54 points as Stewart and Moore ran riot, Liverton the benefactor up forward with 6.

Smaller ground at Hope Valley may hinder Kenilworth marginally, and the Dees traditionally play that ground, as expected, better than anyone.

Ryles on Hellmans will be a crucial clash, and i'd expect to see Bollmeyer and Vea Vea cross paths across the half forward/half back line. Sandery vs Chesser, Payne and Krakouer, Williams matching Wilson-King.. important one on one battles all across the ground that'll impact the result.

If you're free Saturday, head out to the Valley, order yourself a Holy Grail Burger, grab a cold one and sit back and enjoy what should be an absolute belter.

Tip: Kenilworth by 13 points
by The Bedge
Wed May 01, 2019 11:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C Grade 2019

If he is as talented as he obviously is, why is he playing C Grade? Surely he is more than capable of playing a higher grade???

Dazz is in his mid 30’s and actually retired after winning A Grade premiership at Bridgewater a couple of years ago. His body(knee) was shot so decided to retire after winning a flag. Decided to play with his brother and some mates in the C Grade at HV. Good lad and he would be loving all the hype. He said he had 4 blokes on him in last qtr.

If he had 4 blokes on him and Smithfield only had 15 on the field there were 6 loose HV players. And they couldn't kick goals.
Smithfield didn't have 15. Demon Juke struggles to count past 10
by S Demon
Mon May 20, 2019 10:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2020

S Demon wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Well you don’t need a hairdresser. :P

Bahahahahahaha. Touché

I think you'll find it's spelt toupee.
by Trader
Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2020

giggling looking at my phone and messages to my partner..

6:00pm - if you're leaving can you buy me a beer first and bring me some cash?
6:30pm - we can leave soon. (She left around 7)
7:40pm - I'm leaving now.
8:39pm - Leaving soon
8:59pm - Be home soon, just finishing my drink.. what's for dinner?
9:28pm - Haven't got my keys, be home shortly.

… phone went flat...

12:20am - knocking on the bedroom window to let me in. :oops: :lol:
by The Bedge
Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Player movements

Crows just picked Bryce Gibbs in the Rookie Draft.

Its for salary reasons, he will still be at South next year.

How does that work though - being on Crows AFL list, when they have a reserves team, and being allowed to play for South Adelaide?

They will delist him after moving him to rookie, allows them to salary dump.
by JesseWhite
Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |