Search found 550 matches

Return

Re: Thailand, Laos & Cambodia

Heading over to Thailand next Friday for 2 weeks. Land in Koh Samui on the 18th and on the 20th looking at doing a day snorkelling tour to Koh Tao and Koh Nang Yuan. Anyone done it before. Mate of mine did it and he raved about it.
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

I wonder if we will see the EP posters on the forum from 6 weeks ago who were gobbing off about WOS and giving them shit about the long drive home after getting a touch up out North?
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Prison Release Umpires

Personally I think it's a great initiative. From what I understand these people are about to be released and have been through all corrective procedures put in place. People will be against it and I can see why, but a lot of people who would be against it wouldn't be educated on the processes these people undertake before being allowed to do such a thing and their opinions would be based on fear because they don't know what they are really talking about. Having people that would have a genuine passion for umpiring can't be a bad thing surely?
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

be humble in victory? Might want to tell that to the people on here that we're giving WOS shit 6 weeks ago. I think most clubs would say that their kind words from the sidelines at Eastern Park over the years are far from humble, especially when most of it comes from blokes who are drinking from eskies within 20 metres from the clubrooms. I'm all for copping it but when and if the roles reverse be ready to cop the horns.
by LaughingKookaburra
Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 5, 2016

Mate you're the one who come on here and called yourself sandbaggers last night. What do you expect people to come back at you with when you have that scenario as a club?
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "Fixing" the AFL

16 a side is ridiculous. Then we get 2 more on the bench and we go back to the issue we had 2 years ago where blokes would come off the bench and have 100kg 6'3 blokes run like the wind like robots and come off again rather than use skill when players fatigue. There is a reason why there was such a gap between the top 8 this year and the rest and that is because the teams who had more players with genuine footballing ability rather than robots were winning games when fatigue kicked in. Leave it alone footy this year has been a better spectacle than it has for a long time.
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Statistics

Yes, but this year is not like for like. All the bye does is help out the teams from 5-8. I think it's a disgrace by the way. How come teams pick and chose teams as they feel in the pre-season for 4 weeks and its all kosher (betting on those games too) and then when 2-3 teams blatantly rest players for 1 round a year when they have done the hard work themselves for 20 weeks prior then it's all of a sudden an issue? European soccer clubs do this all the time between competitions.

Sometimes the AFL listens too much, just need to let things go and they will then sort them selves out.
by LaughingKookaburra
Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 Silly Season, Trades and Rumours and utter BS

That old chestnut. Gold Coast have done stuff all, meanwhile the Bulldogs have soared and if it wasn't for crippling injuries could be the team having the week off this week. It's only what you make of it. Melbourne had more 1st rounders than Mike Tyson in his hey day and they did **** all with them.
by LaughingKookaburra
Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sorry Boon, I have looked at my post again and it come across as arrogant and dismissive. It wasn't my intention mate.

I'm a busy man walking the streets I'll post later my thoughts.
by LaughingKookaburra
Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

He is universally loved in the industry and if you have ever had the pleasure of meeting the bloke 1 on 1 he is a such a genuine, down to earth character who makes time for anyone. It's hard not to like the guy when you meet him face to face and when you take off the rivalry cap you will see the Crows this year were just as consistent as any team in the AFL (What this translates to in coming days we will see). Other clubs see and experience this week by week and I am stoked the guy leads the club. He hasn't got the flags ect, doesn't mean he's not the best leader with all the cards he's dealt with.

Walsh did some unbelievable achievements in his short time at the Crows, his belief in and development of this bloke from the start is his best work imo. I love having Texy lead our club.
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Or we could get the AFL to recruit some stars to our club like your mob has done numerous times over the last 23 years.... ;)
by LaughingKookaburra
Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Preliminary Finals

Wedgie wrote:Anyone know what happened to the deliberate rule they were cracking down on this year?

Deliberate match fixing?
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2016

There is only 1 way to shut people up in this conversation! Win some ******* finals and make it to the GF.

Adelaide need to make the most of their chances. My uncle says a funny thing and that's "The amount of luck you pricks had in those flags then you deserve 40 years of bad luck"! He's not far wrong.

Also not a fan of Sloane coming out and saying that the group won't stop until they win a flag and also Lowden saying he has no doubt that the group will achieve that. Jane Cornes said the same thing when he pissed off from Port. Tell you what lads, just let the winning do the talking. Sick of this shit from Adelaide clubs.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

Good news for site owners. I reckon you'll smash the previous record for users online tonight.
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GRAND FINAL SYDNEY VS WESTERN BULLDOGS

Yeah their last 2 weeks really show that there is a huge divide.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Drugs, umps and other ammo's news

Early 30's and I love triple headers. You can play a game of footy and then you can still have the entire day to do other commitments if required.
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Promotion and Relegation

Minor premier and the next highest finisher at the end of the season to be promoted. I agree with dols. Need to better reward excellence for 18 weeks.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Salary Cap Investigations

Name 1 Australian club that has ever been kicked out of any competition for that? Way over the top.
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Clubs for 2017

Read that post to yourself again, especially the first and last sentence.
by LaughingKookaburra
Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Since when has Gibbs been a gun? He's a good, solid player who I personally think would be pretty handy in a good side. Never been AA and hasn't finished top 3 in their B&F for 5 years. If Carlton want pick 13 and an emerging player then keep him. Don't **** up what we have done for the last 2 years for a bloke who is 27-28. He's not going to get us closer to a flag it's the development of blokes like Cameron, Lyons, Crouch x 2, Laird ect over the next 2 years that bats us deeper in the midfield. Carlton hardly hold the aces like everyone is saying, they could end up with a bloke for the next 3 years that wanted out.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer

Said it this time last year but world cricket has many great sights to the eye;

*Table Mountain in Cape Town
*Boxing Day at MCG
*Lords Ashes Test
*Eden Gardens full to the brim before seats were installed.
*SCG before they completely rooted it with the renovations.

An Adelaide Oval sunset is right up there! It's an unreal venue and arguably the best venue in World Cricket. Especially with Day/Night Tests where the pitch and conditions gives everybody something!
by LaughingKookaburra
Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer

I agree with some of you blokes that Renshaw valued his wicket but 7/10 times he'll get out for not many runs. Can't play and miss that many times and consistently get away with it at international level. He'd get chewed up and spat out in India.

Luckily he's 20 years old but needs to learn to get off strike when the opposition swarm around him.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016/17 NBL Season

Still reckon he's the best we have ever had. Bloke averages 33-35 points a week when you combine his points and assists. Unlike the other players mentioned he's not surrounded by out and out guns taking the pressure and focus off either. I don't think there is any question that he is the best player the Sixers have ever had!
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

Jonas shouldn't be judged on that act in fairness. That was a true brain fade and deserved at least 6 weeks, but he doesn't deserve to have it hanging over his head long term. If he did it again or a couple times again different story but he made a split second choice to go to the contest and got it horribly wrong.
by LaughingKookaburra
Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016/2017 Big Bash League

KP is a jet as a commentator. I love the respect he shows all avenues of the game. Kind of reminds me of a modern day Tony Greig.
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016/17 NBL Season

They are just well drilled! If they beat Melbourne Thursday and they pretty much go 4 games top.

What a turn around from 10 weeks ago when that clown from Brisbane mocked them and Joey Wright and since then fortunes have completely changed. Still want to see how the Sixers handle finals like pressure being such a young team. One thing in their favour the teams they play aren't really synced from years of playing together.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian tour of India 2017

Take Brad Hogg over. He's got the same career potential as the next best spinner after Lyon in the country but has far more ability.
by LaughingKookaburra
Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 6 - 2017

Can't change the past so don't live in it.

Said no Adelaide Crows Supporter ever!!

Keep telling us about your 36 premierships whilst you're in the middle of your driest premiership drought in the clubs history across 2 different leagues. But hey it's not like Port to only talk about history only when it suits them. Any way how's div 6 going?

Only having a bit of fun BZB27. My tip this year is Fitzroy. Like the recruits and they have been down a few years considering they were always a pretty strong club.
by LaughingKookaburra
Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

Monties is rubbish imo. Lacks flavour...
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLW - Womens AFL

It will be interesting to see how this pans out. The standard is terrible but realistically what do you expect?

Give me a game of local footy over an AFL game any day. It's still real footy and the standard compared to AFL is absolutely garbage.

One thing I will note though- The holding the ball and pulling the ball in rule was umpired completely different to a men's match.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 4 - 2017

If Morphy Parks finish bottom I'll walk to China.

Lock for top 5, probably top 2.
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 4 - 2017

It's the misconception of the SFL from many Northern clubs. Put 2-3 poor div 6/ upper 7, 2 div 5, 2 div 4, 2 div 3 and 4 upper end div 2/bottom end div 1 teams in the same comp and that's why you get those results. Start of the 2000's it was easily the best comp in the State behind div 1.
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

Take down a snap lock bag and bury them under your towel. That didn't work for Heath Ledger in 2 Hands but....
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

I'm a bit worried about the Crows personally. But tell you what is a big plus for me is Curtly Hampton. He always had ability but he looks a smooth mover now fit!
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Who ever wins the next hour wins this Test. This is seriously good Test Cricket
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I said an hour ago that who wins the next hour wins the Test. Australia won the hour based on **** ups from India. If India are not deadly accurate here Australia could post 300 as the new ball will fly of the bat!
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Good Friday racing in WA

Remember being in Newcastle for work Easter 2011. Had Good Friday off and went down to Sydney and found out Star City was open. Went in for a few beers and a punt on Singapore and Happy Valley. It was busier in there than Melbourne Cup Day. Those WA pools will be enourmous!
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Asian Champions League 2017

Compared to Europe where the Champions League is taken more serious than domestic leagues it is something that needs to be really looked in to. There is potentially so much extra cash to be made for the Australian Clubs with this.
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

I really hope I'm wrong at the direction some of the posts have been directed but some of the posts that have been written (and deleted) in the last 30 minutes by you mate are pretty ******* ordinary.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Need to knock these blokes over before lunch and get a lead of 40-50. Get to tea only 3-4 down max and then tee off. We really need another crack at them tonight in my opinion for 3-4 overs.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In honesty with the talent we have out there we can not ask for more than is being put out. Draw is still odds on for me. But sadly our chances of winning are shot.

We have played some bloody good Test cricket the last 3 weeks. We'll see how good we are or can be tomorrow.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Their lack of respect for Australia's efforts is pathetic. India are earning every minute of these Tests and they all they keep bringing up is how vulnerable the rest of the team is if a wicket falls. Draw this game and take these clowns on in the 4th boys dig deep for another 10 overs and these blokes are ******.
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Reckon India have made a critical mistake here not giving the new ball to a quick for at least a few overs at one end...
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ive finished my bitch now. Apart from the last session of the last Test we have made India work for absolutely everything. To then respond like today is just an absolute credit to those blokes. Bowled the most overs in an innings in 23 years and then we produce that! What an effort.

I'm backing these blokes to win the next Test...
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Life ban

People more often than not deserve a second chance. He's been playing for three years in another league with a clean record, so let him play D1 under a good behaviour bond.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I understand where you are coming from mate but if you lift it then it sets a precidence. All it takes is just one person on one of these good behaviour bonds to cause harm to another individual and then a potential massive legal shitstorm is opened up!

Since the league has taken a no nonsence approach to reportable conduct the amount of absolute shit that has been cleaned up in the league has been fantastic. When I first started playing senior footy in 2000 as a 15 year old some of the rubbish that used to go on was a disgrace. Tightening up on all incidents no matter how harsh it may seem at times is the best thing the league has ever done.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's easy to pot the bloke as many have done here. He obviously did the wrong thing.

This misses the point. The question that should be asked is does what he did deserve a life ban from football?

I think the answer to that is no.

Does anyone know who decides whether players can re-register after s ban?

I'm not potting the bloke mate, you asked for people's opinions and just because I don't agree with you and have had a mature debate about it and I am taking a pot at him because I think the league did the right thing? I completely understand your points, I just don't agree with them.
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

After watching all the footage rather than the original footage posted I have absolutely no doubt the league has done the right thing.
by LaughingKookaburra
Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Last race meet for Greg Miles tomorrow. Great career and will be missed.

I personally think Darren McCauley is the best caller in Australia but Greg Miles is an easy second in my books.
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 4

It's the way he conducts himself on the ground too. Not only is it his skills but he genuinely looks like he is having fun out there and that's why the kids love him.

Since losing the weight and coming across from Carlton he is so bloody quick and one of the smartest footballers I have ever seen in any era for any club. He hits the packs full tilt and is clean. Anybody who can do that in any game of footy will tear you up and on top of that his foot skills are first class. Crows snapped him up for stuff all as he could easily command 8-900k a year.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2017

Greenacres have been treated horribly on these forums at times. A proud Amateur League club who have won more Div 1 flags than most of the clubs who slag them off combined ever have. Well done on the win to all involved.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |