Search found 12 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2019

The blokes a mammoth. Ronnie Burns giant nephew. He’s one out the box.

Big year coming up for the Panthers.
I've only seen a photo of him and at 6"8 and built like a brick shithouse I had to turn my phone sideways.

We've got a bloke that can jump 6"8 high. Points HV?

;)
Should be a good battle when you square off in the Grand Final then.. Centre clearances oh so crucial in them big games.
by The Bedge
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Salisbury really were too good to go down this year, I’m tipping them to come straight back up
by Brodlach
Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not sure how Jack Matthews - no 8 from Salisbury didn't make there best 6 online. Had outstanding game and kicked 2 goals and killed Hope Valley in the middle.
by Demon Juke
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Salisbury beat hope valley 3pts
by FOOTY TALK
Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cuppla Pulteney folk headed out Saturday night to watch the HV v SAL game.. reckon was an interesting and controversial finish to the game?

Absolute scenes I hear.
Ball was kicked out of a stoppage, flew toward the boundary, siren went. Bit of confusion as to whether it was paid out on the full or not. Umpires deemed the siren went as the ball was still in play, and called time. Another second or two and Valleys would've had a shot to win it.

Huge crowd, lights were great, clubrooms were packed after the game when I went in for a drink. Great setup out there at HV.
by Pag
Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I see Eastern Park player got 8 games in there B grade are they still on sanctions ?
Will they lose points.?

EPFC are not on any sanctions and will not lose any points.

Craig Wilson is doing a great job as president and the league is fully aware of what he and the club are doing to try and improve the club in all areas.

The player in question will not be playing for the club again.
by Wazz17
Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cuppla Pulteney folk headed out Saturday night to watch the HV v SAL game.. reckon was an interesting and controversial finish to the game?

Absolute scenes I hear.
Ball was kicked out of a stoppage, flew toward the boundary, siren went. Bit of confusion as to whether it was paid out on the full or not. Umpires deemed the siren went as the ball was still in play, and called time. Another second or two and Valleys would've had a shot to win it.

Huge crowd, lights were great, clubrooms were packed after the game when I went in for a drink. Great setup out there at HV.
And an overturned HV goal?

Can't understand how the umpire over ruled it, the Salisbury Goal umpire was right there with a clear view and payed a goal i was told. Could understand if your own goal umpire and umpire questioned it. Both field umpires had shocking games and watch too much AFL. In the first quarter must have been 7or 8 - 25m paid both ways. Also players from both sides where trying to pick the ball up from ground and where given no prior and given holding the ball, in the end you would be better waiting four some else to get the ball out of the pack because the bloke trying to get the ball had no chance. They where so inconstant which there decisions and players seamed confused and they where suppose to better umpires with div 1/ div 1r having a bye. Had to be the worst umpires i have seen this year in Div 5, most other games the umpires have been alright. Salisbury took there chances and kicked accurate so deserved the win, just a shame a good hard game ruined by two guys in green.
by Demon Juke
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Really proud of the efforts of our boys, not just today but for the year so far. Went 1-4 over the first five, then turned it around to go 10-3 from that point on and earn a home final. Hopefully the run isn’t finished yet.
by Pag
Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Headed out to watch what turned into a season deciding game for SFC and boy was I right. With lockleys getting to an early lead Salisbury looked to kill running over the top of Lockleys in the end. Rumours have it that a small group of players known as ' The Snake Pit' gave the boys a lift and started the ball rolling with clearances , defensive stops , damaging forward entries and snags being kicked early to kick the club into gear. Huge game from M. Garreffa earning himself a new nickname within the club as ' The Reason' one could only imagine why.
by notbadnotbad
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2020

Pag wrote:Goodes an out at Salisbury, heading to Portland, and Jai Kovatseff an out for EP, heading to Hope Valley.

Kersbrook's ruckman to Salisbury...?
by S Demon
Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19

Weird to hear this suggestion of "mercenaries".

I've been consistently led to believe on this site that players want to play in the BLG for it's superior atmosphere.

Weird that's no longer the case
Some are mercenries, see players at South Gawler that change clubs every year

The right ones play for the atmosphere and keep returning to the same club year afyer year, pay or no pay, see Tanunda, Nuri Angaston
Good to see you casually throw angaston in there. Had 1 good year and coincidentally the same year the cheque book opened. I'm sure borholm summerton and Shannon signed on for the atmosphere. Good luck to clubs that can afford to outlay that much money each year but no one is buying the play for atmosphere crap. I speak to bomber regularly and I'm sure he'll tell me he loves it so much he can't wait to play for free again in 2021 because of the atmosphere. In fact not sure he's getting $0 in 2020.

These clubs have been blatantly breaching the salary cap when there was one, no reason they won't continue to do so in spite of the new rule for 2020
by Q.
Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2020

Ryan Paget put retirement on hold and an assistant coaching job in an elite program for the guarantee of premiership success so I would say Salisbury are certainties.
by beef
Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |