Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

It's been a bit quiet on here lately.

Three more sleeps!!! So keen
by Coreyw1987
Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bedge wrote:TOS B Grade will knock off reigning premiers Elizabeth tomorrow.. take it to the bank, money for jam.

Not!!
by ROOBOY18
Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Saw for the first time in the flesh the Greenacres goal umpire Saturday. He was very amusing and there should be more of it! Best part is the 70s/80s style white coat and hat.

ShitAdelaide worthy?

https://www.instagram.com/shitadelaide/?hl=en

if you havent seen him he is worth the effort..get to a greenies game..his flags are his emoticons..
by zedman
Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

With McConnell suspended, leaves Elizabeth a little short, need to replace him in the ruck, so who goes to Prokopec?

Rossack? Upton? Reichelt?

If they cant stop the Prok tomorrow, he'll well and truly be on his way to 100!

Taylor went to him from what I understand. Didn't get to see the game but big result considering Woodland out for majority of the season and Mcconnell missing for 2. Soldiers out, next soldiers step up
by FrankW
Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

With McConnell suspended, leaves Elizabeth a little short, need to replace him in the ruck, so who goes to Prokopec?

Rossack? Upton? Reichelt?

If they cant stop the Prok tomorrow, he'll well and truly be on his way to 100!

Taylor went to him from what I understand. Didn't get to see the game but big result considering Woodland out for majority of the season and Mcconnell missing for 2. Soldiers out, next soldiers step up

Squads win Premierships!
by ramming23
Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What’s going to happen in the off season with Brahma? You’d expect no new recruits to sign untill late March due to what they’ve done this year. Think they’ve dug them self a hole imho.

Could not have been more prouder of the guys who have decided to play football at Brahma in 2018. While the situation was not ideal and no one knows what the future holds, the fact that they are giving everything every Saturday is a true indication of who they are as people.

I am super proud of the players at Brahma this year. Blokes always knew it wasn't going to be pretty but continue to show up.
by lovetotalkfooty
Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyway all this talk is distracting from more important news, like the fact long serving Greenacres player Brenton Starke runs out this weekend for game 300 for the Dragons!

300 games is a ridiculously amazing milestone, but it's even more so for a club like Greenacres who have endured their fair whack of tough times over the journey, for a guy to stick fat through all those difficult times when less men would've quit or gone elsewhere is a testament to the blokes character.

Majority of his games would've come through the B grade too - wouldn't be too many wins amongst that 300.. perhaps tomorrow the stars will align for him!

Congrats Starkey, hope you have a great game sir.
by The Bedge
Thu May 24, 2018 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2019

Elizabeth Vs Central United
Saturday Trial Match (Agrana Park)
As 2pm
Be 12pm
by PortPower2018
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2019

Fourth barbie of the pre-season run last night out at Pulteney.. great to see the club committed and embracing change, striving for excellence.

Still a bit of work to do, but massive improvement already in a short space of time.
Great to see the BBQ undergoing a gruelling pre season. Rumour has it, it's in the best shape it's ever been in at this time of year. It's grease/fat coverage has been cleaned up since its return after xmas and it did a PB in heating time. The onions commented that they've never been cooked so fast before, especially in February. A few of the new recruits in kransky and chicken breast, are enjoying their new surroundings. The BBQ itself is just taking it one snag at a time and is trying to downplay the pre season hype. It's hoping not be singled out as the red hot favourite to top Bedge's list of Div 5 BBQ delights in 2019. In fact, it's just trying to keep a lid on things and hope that it doesn't run out of gas after starting so early after Xmas..
by S Demon
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AdFl Junior codes

Ive been involved in junior footy from u8's to u15's over the past 9 years and currently involved in 2 age groups.

In the last couple of years I have seen a noticeable change for the worse in parent attitudes towards their kids behaviour and also volunteering at footy (BBQ/Canteen/goal umpiring/Team Manager/Coordinators/TIme keeping)

I strongly believe the next generation in parents have been brought up in the new world where everyone gets an award for participation and everyone feels entitled. Ive heard teachers say similar things which confirm my thoughts.

Obviously this doesn't apply to all parents as there are also some excellent ones out there, but there is a new wave of parental thinking/behaviour out there in society which flows onto community sport.

We had an incident in the u12's last week involving a club that has now moved into the AdFL, one kid hit one of our players in the head, our kid retaliated and they both correctly got sent off, the kid spat the dummy and wouldn't even return to the field once his 10 minutes was up. Their coach and co-ordinator were excellent however, they couldn't apologise more and did not condone the behaviour one bit, cause of this the game continued on in a positive environment and all kids finished the game in a positive manner despite one ugly incident. It was a very powerful lesson for the other 35 odd kids who witnessed the incident.

This was an example of how important having the right people coaching/coordinating kids sport is IMO, the kids and parents either conform to their standards or they are not welcome at the club, sadly I'm seeing parents (mostly who don't volunteer either) have more influence over clubs and drive their agenda's which spreads like a disease if not managed correctly.

There are numerous coaching sessions and training the SANFL/CFL offer, once the coach has been appointed, I strongly believe they need to be more proactive (and even help) clubs go about being much more selective in appointing a junior coach, not just appointing a parent who puts their hand up.
by Dutchy
Thu May 10, 2018 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AdFl Junior codes

There are obviously a lot of SA Footy members as passionate about junior footy on here as I am.

FWIW, I coach for 3 main reasons.
1. Because my kids play
2. To give my kids the same opportunity that I had and the sense of belonging and mateship that I got out of being part of a club.
3. To give back to my club.

I played junior footy in the late mid to late 80's in the southern footy league, and it was a good standard and tough brand of footy, and I can only remember 1 really unsavoury act in 1988 against Reynella in Under 16's.
I coached in SFL juniors at the tender age of 20, and apart from skills etc. I taught the kids to
a. Respect themselves
b. Respect their team mates
c. Respect their coaches
d. Respect the umpires
e. Respect the jumper
f. Respect the game

It is the same now. Coaching the same group from Auskick through to 13's.

The answer you ask locky801?

Starts at home obviously. This generation of parents just havent got it right, and the next generation of namby pamby dogooding, politically correct, soft ass approach to discipline we see coming through now are not going to help.

Coaches are the next step. Its obvious some clubs struggle to get coaches to fill so many positions in so many junior teams, and some are well out of their depth, but its not their fault, at least they are putting their hand up.

I also think that we should go back to the 2 year gap approach, ie. 8's,10's,12's, 14's etc.
It allows teams who are smaller and younger 1 year, to perhaps be the bigger stronger kids the following season. It could also help reduce the number of coaches needed.
I would reduce the size of the oval in under 12's from a full oval as well. Some of these grounds are massive and apart from helping the flow of play, it means coaches, officials and umpires can watch behind the play a little easier.

Anyway, these are just my thoughts.

Cheers.
Moe
by Moe
Thu May 10, 2018 7:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2019

Is it just me or is the SA Footballer Facebook page just promoting all that is wrong with some of the players in community footy these days. These mercenaries who club jump are mainly tossers who crave attention and love the profile that social media and the internet can give them that wasn't around in the last century with footy at this level. I played with and against blokes in the SAAFL who would run rings around most these guys and they did it for nothing other than a pizza voucher every few weeks and a nice trophy at the end of the season. But for clubs today to promote the ego of many of these wannabes by posting profiles and pictures of their "big signings" is the biggest crock of s--t I've come across. One bloke just signed by a non-AdFL club has his name and photo up in lights despite his new club being his 4th in 4 years. And they went as far to say he has signed for 2019 and beyond. Interesting to see what beyond looks like in 12 months from now suckers. Don't get me wrong, a bit of love for players heading back to their grassroots club from the SANFL or AFL is OK but give me a spell with some of the other crud being posted. Anyway, that's my rant.
by Down the Hill
Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2019

Felt for Rosewater yesterday - they clearly have some very passionate and committed members at the club, but certainly some absolute knobs.

Guys battling their arses off in both grades, some well out of their depth but still giving 110% and a few primadonnas abandon them when they needed them most - left their mates high and dry.

Obviously Rosies backyard to manage, but I hope the club tells a select few to **** off and not come back - you dont need that crap at your club, losing or not, no individual is bigger than the club. If you're going to lose, you may as well do it with committed blokes who are there for the right reasons, even if it means some short term suffering.

In other news, surprised Hillard wasnt in your best, he would've had 40 touches, would've picked up the 3 votes in a massive loss - he was huge. The ruckman (Harris?) he's a very athletic sort as well, could be a real player for you once he matures a bit more, if he can stay focussed on his work will be damaging - not many ruckmen that can jump onto another rucks shoulders from a standing start. Also Benbolt is a good sort, enjoyed his game.

Vines is poop, should retire, and the beard has to go.
by The Bedge
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2019

Worst comment of the year at Greenacres today:

"Whatever the result is today you still have to go back and live in Houghton"

Yeah pal, median house price of $800K and nestled in the foothills, woe is life.
by Q.
Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2019

Dutchy wrote:Never said they weren't, jumping to conclusions a few here, anyway play on.

The old “my attempt at humour at the expense of low grade personnel backfired I’ll act like it’s all cool” trick. :lol:
by The Bedge
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2020

Pag wrote:Not many venues in the league I haven’t played at but West Croydon is one, something different to look forward to there. Heard Hanson Pizza is good for a post-game feed.

You'll love the change rooms...
by Mr Beefy
Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2020

Not many venues in the league I haven’t played at but West Croydon is one, something different to look forward to there. Heard Hanson Pizza is good for a post-game feed.

smallish oval but always very lush..even smaller visitor rooms..probably the smallest you will see for senior footy..spring rolls from the shop on the corner are excellent!
Worst away change rooms in the competition, followed closely by Fitzroy, Mitchell Park and Pulteney.

Yes the spring rolls are good too on the corner.
by The Bedge
Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 -2020

Honestly it's hard to get excited or interested in the Garner's or Webber or Bainsy or any of them.. every year it seems to be the same merry go-round as they follow the 228 bus route and hop from Units to EP to Smiffies and back again.

They're not getting any younger either.. what's the long term value of pursing any of them?

Absolutely.

Honestly cant believe how clubs could still justify paying any of those blokes despite how good at footy they are.

Give me the absolute shits when you see clubs get given government funded grant money and then go and pay blokes like that who just club hop each year with their own sponsors money.
by whufc
Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19

As an individual, a lot of it depends on your motivation for playing. If I can't sit around in the changerooms with my 20 mates after winning a game in shit weather, having some shower beers and talking shit, before going back into the club and getting on the cans til midnight before singing Horses with 50-60 people at the end of our function, not sure I really want to do it either. If I wanted to just rock up, play, go home, I'd have been a paid mercenary a long time ago (subject to there being a club stupid enough to pay me money).

The two hours on the ground is only a small part of it IMO.
by Pag
Tue May 12, 2020 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Half the trainers I've seen over the years do FA anyway :lol:
by The Bedge
Tue May 12, 2020 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And sorry to break it to you but contracted players should be prepared to play for nothing or at best a small percentage...
by scottroo
Tue May 12, 2020 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Where's everyone going to train? On the oval, split into thirds, 10 + coach in each third. Spread the nights (assume this already occurs).
Something as simple as disinfecting change rooms on game day....5 times two rooms (Assuming you'll be able to use them)
will be pretty onerous. Then again after Sunday games.

Players on contracts will still need paying. Assuming payments are still allowed, otherwise i'd imagine contracts will become void.
Where's the money coming from with no gate or bar? show me where is says no gate and then show me where it says no bar
by The Bedge
Tue May 12, 2020 3:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Where's the money coming from with no gate or bar?
Feel like this is a constant round about.. going absolutely no where.. FAAAARRRKK!!!

I swear half you na-sayers don't actually READ A DAMN THING! Show me where it says ANYWHERE that competitions will commence without a gate (for country comps) or bar facilities...

Defeatists
Glass half empty operators
Pessimists
by The Bedge
Tue May 12, 2020 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Out of curiosity, is anyone aware of any clubs who have indicated they wont play this year if it goes ahead?

I'd be interesting to know how PNU, TTG and GG are feeling - they're three pretty big clubs, they'd feel the strain as much if not more than anyone.
by The Bedge
Tue May 12, 2020 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have a bit of experience in administrating clubs.. so I have a bit of an idea.

Granted I don't know a lot about country footy, but I know enough to know there are multiple games as well as netball operating on a day - and I know people in better positions than me would be well aware of what requirements are needed for country leagues/clubs to go ahead, survive and what they rely on.

I think too many are looking at the now.. stop staring at your feet and look into the distance.. look to 7-8 weeks down the track, what does the situation look like.

Restrictions will continue to ease off over the next couple of months. If we continue to perform well on the CV side of things, we wont have the same level of restrictions in two weeks time, and two weeks after that.. by the time July rolls around it's hard not to see life as basically normal.

Measures in place today aren't the hard and fast rule forever.

Although, not sure why i'm entertaining chat about country footy when this thread relates to the AdFL. ;)
by The Bedge
Tue May 12, 2020 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Clubs will be given the opportunity to sit out the year if they wish to and I'd say the majority will take up that offer.

If clubs choose to do this they will be signing their own death warrant.

For a lot of clubs, choosing to play will be signing their own death warrant. Specially for regional areas

I understand the complexity in regional areas, but if your club/league does not proceed with the season and a player wants to play footy they are going to leave your club and go elsewhere. Whats the chances of getting them back in 2021?

With a small extension into October there are still 5 months left in the season, with a very real possibility of further restrictions being relaxed in the next fortnight which will allow crowds, BBQ's, canteens and Bars to be open (under new protocols). With no AFL to attend it could be a boom for grassroots footy.
by Dutchy
Tue May 12, 2020 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I might be speaking for a minority here but im astounded at the negativity around trying to get football underway.
Whilst I understand people are concerned about loss of income crowds etc I think we all know the SANFL and the government would have plans to support this. I would have thought people would be hanging to get out have a kick and get back into it....what`s the alternative ?? sit home and mow the lawn 4 times a week? Maybe its a sign of the times but football used to be a major part of people lives who would jump any obstacle to get out on the field.
by football tragic
Thu May 14, 2020 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I might be speaking for a minority here but im astounded at the negativity around trying to get football underway.
Whilst I understand people are concerned about loss of income crowds etc I think we all know the SANFL and the government would have plans to support this. I would have thought people would be hanging to get out have a kick and get back into it....what`s the alternative ?? sit home and mow the lawn 4 times a week? Maybe its a sign of the times but football used to be a major part of people lives who would jump any obstacle to get out on the field.
I'm not against it starting, I love my footy, and not trying to be overly negative.

However, if this has taught me anything it's that maybe I spent too much time/energy/money on footy previously, probably to the detriment of other things and relationships in my life outside of footy. I have enjoyed being at home to have dinner with my daughter (and wife I suppose) each night and hearing about the day at child care, as opposed to doing a 5.15pm child-care pick-up, drop home, grab bag and run to footy training in 10-12 degrees. I haven't been on the phone on a Sunday morning dissecting a loss with coaching staff, instead I've been out pushing my daughter on her swing or playing in her sandpit, things I probably wasn't doing enough beforehand.

Everyone is looking at it through a different lens though.
by Pag
Thu May 14, 2020 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Couldn't agree more, imagine getting to early August and all restrictions are lifted and there is no footy to be played or attend. The impact on the communities cannot be under estimated.

The problem is the SANFL and government dont have plans to support clubs going through current landscape .(just the restrictions from SA HEALTH and SANFL return to play COVID-19 restrictions which MUST be strictly adhered to) We all want football to continue but the landscape is something we all have never seen including scientists , doctors etc . Clubs at grass roots level are run by volunteers who have the whole club from seniors too mini grades to consider .
by shoe boy
Thu May 14, 2020 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The results of the salary cap survey are fascinating:

Seems a huge majority of clubs think $0 is the way to go in 2020
by jo172
Thu May 14, 2020 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bedgey if you can run a season with no clubrooms, no crowds, no bar and no canteen and make a profit maybe you should be the next PM.
For starters, never said make a profit.

This argument about clubrooms/crowds and bar/canteen though seems to be the only 'fear factor' put forward so far, and has been expressed on multiple occasions, all the indications at the moment appear to be pointing towards those not being a factor with restrictions set to ease.

If the league/SANFL was just hell bent on footy being played, they'd have locked in return dates much sooner than the 6 or so weeks away it is.. they're not silly, they know they and clubs need crowds, canteens, bbqs, bar etc etc.

Although, i'm not sold that clubrooms or crowds are as big a issue - Pulteney have never had either. :lol: but seriously a lot of clubs have bugger all support game days (granted mostly lower divs).
by The Bedge
Tue May 19, 2020 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I find it funny how there is some 12000 (this is a number i heard JK say) people playing senior footy each week, probably add half that again for support staff (approx) and add in people spectating well over 20,000 people each weekend. These same people are currently inside Marion, TTP, Bunnings etc each weekend. Playing/volunteering/spectating football will just shift all these people back outside and probably at less risk of catching or spreading anything. There would actually be more measures in place at footy clubs to social distance and adhere to all the rules than there would be at a shopping centre which hardly seems regulated now anyway.
by TEX07
Sun May 24, 2020 6:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Given the 2 week minimum on stages, it sets up perfectly for life to resume to normal around 22nd June.. never in doubt

#TrustTheProcess
by The Bedge
Mon May 25, 2020 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I can only laugh when, after having footy forcibly (and rightly) taken away from us, there would still be players who decide that money for football is still more important than just football.
by Q.
Tue May 26, 2020 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

holdy2323 wrote:If there is no promotion/relegation what’s stopping clubs doing a Adelaide Lutheran and stacking there lower sides.

Because everyone else has more integrity than Adelaide Lutheran?
by Q.
Tue May 26, 2020 5:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sanfl are on job keepers..
If a player is contracted to a club for say 3yrs and the SANFL decides no payments, does that mean clubs/player can go on job keeper too?
Surely these days most players have jobs that would exclude them from JobKeeper?

Reckon some clubs are taking the pi55, and they (or the players) are going to get in big trouble. Have heard Centrals and Norwood the only clubs not done this. Other clubs have 35 players signed up to Job keeper, that is $18000 per player or over $600k. Lots of these players have full time jobs like teachers, physios, tradies etc. This is NOT what the Job keeper was for, and cant wait for the clubs to get busted. Saying they are playing for nothing is a dead set joke!
by Eagles2014
Tue May 26, 2020 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Long time listener first time caller: How many fringe A graders and lower grade teams are gona say I cbf playing this year now ?
A lot of teams r going to struggle to get numbers to fill sides..I can see a heap of forfeits coming if the season ever gets the nod

Guess we can only speak about the Club (s) we have involvement in, i can state that Broadview have full lists training (under the specified conditions) including a full C Grade list of near 30 players
by locky801
Sat May 30, 2020 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

People seem to forget there is more to playing sports than just winning flags or gaining promotion.

The social aspect, the enjoyment of the game, good for mental health, fitness, mates.. after being locked away and separated from mates I think people are keen just to get around the boys again.

Also this short season excuse is stupid, every year I see so many players across the board that lack commitment and will manipulate to play the bare minimum games just to qualify for finals

I would be interested in seeing the numbers for players who play 10+ games compared to 9 or under.

Most of the resistance I’ve seen from people I’ve spoken to has come from people who don’t play the game or whose playing is minimal anyway.
by The Bedge
Sat May 30, 2020 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best and worst grounds.

Lightning McQueen wrote:Mitchell Park: meh!.

One of the worst grounds, and certainly top 3 worst change rooms on top.
by The Bedge
Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Prob a little bias given my history but I rate Ingle Farm as one of the better places to watch footy, and the ground itself has improved a lot in recent years (perhaps due to lack of winter).

Outside deck that overlooks the oval, the new electronic scoreboard on the opposite side and the hills that surround which gives a good vantage point where ever you choose to go.. home change rooms are quality too.

Downside is a crap BBQ and limited canteen (although the hotdogs and Athelstone Bakery pies are pretty good) and parking can be tricky at times.
by The Bedge
Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mitchell Park is a good surface and good lights also (do they get used for games?) but not sure of the appeal to be listed as one of the best.

I can't believe West Croydons away change rooms escape scrutiny, or do senior team just not used them?

we stay outside at half time if playing WCFC, its basically a shower cubicle with some benches..
by zedman
Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It’s official. No player payments in 2020

83% of leagues voted no payments and 70% of clubs statewide

Travel allowance allowed

$600 a week on awards allowed
by scottroo
Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

6 teams in this Div now, with Greenacres pulling the pin and HDFC taking the offer to go up to D6 after Lodge and OSB declined.
May as well just merge the 6 teams into the C grade divs.

Good from the Raiders though, hope you're allowed to remain in D6 in 2021.

Piss weak from the Lodge

Ridiculous not to take the offer to go up. Sand bagging at its finest.
by Arch44
Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:6 teams in this Div now, with Greenacres pulling the pin and HDFC taking the offer to go up to D6 after Lodge and OSB declined.

May as well just merge the 6 teams into the C grade divs.

Good from the Raiders though, hope you're allowed to remain in D6 in 2021.

Piss weak from the Lodge
by The Bedge
Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So I'm assuming the 'trial' games scheduled on the 27th June, to compensate clubs that only drew 4 home games, will be scrapped?
Still need a trial

No point without a crowd. Who is going to be policing people from coming and watching football on public grounds?
There's gonna be a lot of people walking their dogs.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Who TF goes and watches trial games anyway?
Perhaps people who have been starved of live sport and human interaction...
Alright then, well if people are that desperate they can't wait another week.. surely they'd be allowed to go to a public oval and view the match as long as they weren't in groups of greater than 20 in in areas around the oval?

How often (bar/viewing decks aside) would you get more than 20 people grouped together anyway at a game?
by The Bedge
Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bedge wrote:Who TF goes and watches trial games anyway?

Having just spent 6 months recovering from Cancer surgery and Radiotherapy I’d go to a Under 9 trial and cheer :D :D :D
by Yank Man
Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Should also be noted, player points still apply and the AdFL have said already they'll strictly enforce the 3 player rule.. so those clubs who think they're gonna go out and recruit half a country club could be in for a shock.

And all to win a Premiership that basically means nothing (huge asterik next to it)??

*sigh

seriously..there have been "compromised" divisions over the years for various reasons..should those flags have an *?

off the top of my head..what about divisions that had only 7 or 8 teams?

divisions that had C grades in them playing A grades?

clubs losing all premiership points during a season and missing finals?

clubs being kicked out of finals midway?

clubs not being able to play at home in finals and having to use neutral ovals?

etc etc..

the clubs that can push through all this adversity and get to hold up a cup are just as deserving as any other year..
by zedman
Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Eagles2014 wrote:The other 90% of people will be heard saying "9 game season, who gives a ****!!'.

.. and 95% of that 90% will come from clubs who are going to or will miss the finals altogether.
by The Bedge
Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Observation (think I’ve mentioned before): but a lot of the people opposed to playing seem to be those who don’t play or have an affiliation, or older generation who have been panicked by the whole situation and think the world is ending.

Greenacres probably an example of the latter - pulled the pin, and why? Too expensive, too much burden on volunteers, risk of spreading to “essential workers”, too much uncertainty around the season going ahead and a stack of “what if’s”.

Half the issue i believe is people not reading information released properly or misinterpreting it, and perhaps not seeking clarity.
by The Bedge
Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |