Search found 8 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

It will be interesting to see how Marion and Lonsdale fit in to div 7.
although they have come from a league where they smashed most weeks, have to remember that the teams in the SFL would be aleast equivalent to div 3/div 2 in saafl.
i would guess that most div 7/6 side would be in the same position playing against those side

having said that im tied up with Marion, and there is huge excitement this year to get afew wins on the board (its been 2 years)
with 40 plus at every training and 10-15 new A grade players to the club (sfl quality) . things are looking up for the mighty rams

Quick look at the clearances shows the return of a club favourite ruckman and the talk is also the return of a former A grade captain who despite his age, would play good footy in D7. Things are certainly on the up at the club, hasn't looked this promising in years. Looking forward to seeing the results after Round 1.
by godra
Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Marion and Lonsdale will be in Div 5 within 4 years, maybe 3.

Marion I think can push higher over time. Now that Marion genuinely have a year by year hope I think this will give them good traction in years to come. This year they will probably play in the GF but Lonsdales ins are bloody good. My only issue is that a good portion of their KPP only have a few years in the tank at most- They are great footballers and even better blokes. Mind you being in their area it’s not hard to entice blokes from surrounding clubs in a strong league on the promise of a flag. Their recruitment area is prime. Remember it was 15 years ago that the SFL was the strongest league in SA outside Div 1 Ammos.
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:Marion haven't won a game for 3 years remember, including being thumped by OSB

Dutch my main man I am aware of this but believe with the recruits they have gained plus the players returning to the club they’ll be top 2.

Just my opinion I think I’ve been wrong once before!

Time will tell.
by carey
Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What big money? $50 a game? $100 a game. Its an unfortunate part of modern football. Even in div 7.
$100 a game i'd consider big money for D7.

However it is becoming more and more a part of modern football as you said, and the unfortunate reality is that unless clubs pay something to guys, it's hard to get recruits to the club, which makes it harder to get out of the lower divs, which makes everything harder.

The downside also is the higher you go, the more it costs if you want to keep up with the Jones's.
by The Bedge
Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Saw the Marion boys at the pool last night. Solid numbers, all looked young )by div 7 standards) and very fit.
by Esteban Vihaio
Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

footyfan82 wrote:Interesting scenes in the reserves on saturday @ mitchell park. With both teams warming up at the same end!
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

No, that's pretty normal at Mitchell Park :lol:
by Footy Chick
Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

footyfan82 wrote:Interesting scenes in the reserves on saturday @ mitchell park. With both teams warming up at the same end!
Marion first out, obviously picked the end reserved for the home team. They Must have forgot to put the sign up

First come, first served
by Look Good In Leather
Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lynch not happy at Lonsdale , wanting to go back to Mitchell Park. Don’t shoot the messenger may or may not be true.

Ive heard his kids dont even play juniors at the club, anyone confirm? :shock: :shock:

Lonsdale don't have any juniors do they??

They have an U/15 team in the SFL overflow competition and an U/12, U/10 & U/8 team in the SFL minis.
by Look Good In Leather
Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |