Search found 4 matches

Return

Re: Biggest Finals Upsets

You say "after consultation with the leadership group and coaches"...

Surely if this situation actually did happen, and I dont know if it did, coz the only person saying it did is you, who heard it secondhand apparenly, the forward in question would have said at least something to the coach/leadership group, and they must have said NO. end of discussion. they didn't trust that with his fitness, etc that he would be able to turn the game by being in the middle.

Also, hopefully you coach and get some egotistical players in your team, coz once you let one dictate where they play and when, you will generate a fair bit of disharmony in the playing group unless they're all mates, and agree on which position every player should be playing at any given time. There's only so many midfield positions, and if you have 5 senior players wanting to fill the 3 on-ball position (ruck excluded obviously) what are you gonna do?

Let them all go in? Nope. Coz thats a free the other way.

Let them work it out on the field? Maybe, but what if they don't like each other that much and it causes tension and arguments, while the games in the balance and emotions and adrenaline are high? Could be trouble.

Let the coach make the decision, take the brunt of the heat from the players, and keep the actual playing group on the field as unified as possible? I would. Maybe you would try something different, and thats fine.

This is all hypothetical coz this may not have even happened.

Im done too, I have work to do.
by HH3
Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

Dent played AFL at Hawthorn, played in Sturts last premiership,coached Edwardstown to a Div 2 flag and more recently coached Happy Valley to a flag. Pretty fair credentials for a Div 5 club. Plus he is notorious for signing big names. Whoever beats CLG will be premiers. Good get for the lions. :)

you would think so yankman..they were close to going straight through div 5 this year and are the team to beat at this stage alongside elizabeth..not sure how robb stark sees them coming 8th..

CLG - finished 3rd, natural improvement sees them in the GF and early favorite
Elizabeth - finished 4th, good recruiting announced already and may become favorites after 9 rounds
CBCOC - strong B grade and good A grade squad, need to be a bit more consistent but can push for a top 2 spot with some recruits
Para Hills - appear to have gained some good players and had an awesome record at home in 2014, dark horse i reckon
Blackfriars - play a great style of football and have picked up 2 real good players with more to come perhaps?

Woodville South - maybe losing a few good ones to the country, could finish higher though under porters guidance
Rosewater - have better depth than previously in div 5 and with some pick ups could get a few places higher in their first year back
Greenacres - even with solid recruiting they have still lost some good ones as well, no depth in the B grade when injuries come
Adelaide Lutheran - relied on a few individuals to win some games last year..lacking class on the edges, somebody has to come 9th
Pulteney - seem to be on a spiral down but college clubs are known for changing things around very quickly
by zedman
Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Bombers4eva.... I know you pretty damned well, but the sh*t you post on here drives me nuts. Who gives a flying fu*k about the new SPOS. We only have a half dozen old scholars left at Mawsons FC anyway. It gives us a chance to forge a new identity in a still untapped suburb without the "college poo*ters" tag. Whats done is done, so please, get over it.

And no, Knowlesy didn't leave for $. If you showed your ugly mug around the club last season, you would have known the circumstances.

And on the umpiring debate..... seriously, some days you get good calls, some days you get bad calls. Been happening since the dawn of time. Sh*t aint changing. Get over it.

Sick of reading pure rubbish on here. If anyone wants to have a beer, i'll be at Mawsons Pub in 10 minutes. enjoy
by The Real Number 3
Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 C Grades thread - general discussion

But of a rough day at Smithfield oval today. Without focusing on all three grades going down, it was hard to watch one of our guys suffer a broken jaw in an accidental collision with a teammate. He was motionless for quite some time, ambulance called, game abandoned in 3rd quarter. A big thanks to no. 78 from Plympton who helped treat him and stayed with our 'Mad Dog Marty' through the entire ordeal. You were fantastic and we thank you and your club for the support you showed today.
Yeah it was a very sickening freak accident that no one would like to witness in sports and in general life, but like my fellow friend above mentioned, that a player from plympton that stabilised our wounded soldier till the ambulance arrived, you are a true legend mate, cheers.

Any word on how the lad is? Was a sickening sound when it happened
He's had surgery and been wired up, he's in as good as spirits as he can be now he's at home recovering.
He's a really nice lad with a huge heart, I was very saddened when a mate rang me Saturday night to tell me what happened.

He is very appreciative of the support you guys gave him, there's nothing better than seeing the football community put their rivalries aside when a brother needs it, regardless of what guernsey he is wearing, we're all out the for the love of the game and the comradeship.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |