Search found 37 matches

Return

Re: Central v South Post Game

Great to see the guys fight back and win today, certainly seeing a different south team out there from previous years. Loved singing the song in the club rooms after the game (don't get that from the AFL)

I know that they have a bad reputation, but the Centrals supporters have always been good toward me and one came up toward the end and praised how well we were playing and he shook my hand and said well done after the siren. They are great loyal supporters and if we ever make the grand final and we not playing Centrals, we could do with some of them to add some voice to our small membership.
by Fluffbag
Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - Port Magpies v South @ Alberton Oval (Sat 17/5

Even though we playing well, I can't help feeling like when I was going to games in 1988 during our losing streak and I knew we going to lose and lose badly. I am confident that South 2014 will fight to the end and no matter what happens I will stay and support the guys until the final siren. One advantage is our coach knows the Port AFL players better than the other coaches.
by Fluffbag
Tue May 13, 2014 7:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rd 15 - South v Port, Hickinbotham Oval, 2.10pm

South will be wearing a special guernsey to celebrate the 1964 premiership. I have purchased one through the club, cost a little bit of money but as a south supporter, I don't think I will be buying too many premiership jumpers in my lifetime. Hopefully we can repeat the same result as 1964 and not 1979 when, as a 10 year old, I left the game crying.
by Fluffbag
Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Elimination Final - South v Eagles @ AO (Sat N 30/8)

Woodville 1986?

Can South go on a run and each following week add the support of those they've just knocked??

if you can't handle disappointment then don't join us as south do like to tease us in thinking we have a chance but then it leads to nothing. Maybe we should change our mascot to be Dita Von Tease, certainly would improve crowd numbers
by Fluffbag
Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live Scores

Disappointed but we stuck to it to the end, something to build on for next year and thanks for the club to giving me a break from worrying about work and other stuff for 3 hours a week. Waited 37 years so what is one more.
by Fluffbag
Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

footywise wrote:Anyone got any thoughts for a song before our game starts. I was thinking U2 , with or without you ?

Barry Manilow : You're Leaving Too Soon
by Fluffbag
Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R u to b a member of ur favourite SANFL club in 2015?

I don't want to give up and then we finally win, they going to pry my panthers membership from my cold, dead hands
by Fluffbag
Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NFL Season 2014/2015

I know we copied the lame 19th man idea from Seattle and now they are copying us as fans left the game early thinking that they was going to lose and I believe that once you leave you can't go back in. I thought only Miami Heat fans leaving games that they end up winning.

I thought Green Bay lost in in the first half as they should have been further in front given the statistical advantage.

Should be an interesting superbowl but I do like the 3 down rules of the cfl, so I rather watch the grey cup.
by Fluffbag
Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 1 - Glenelg v South @ Gliderol Stadium (Fri 3/4)

woodublieve12 wrote:how come south lost this as a home game??? They did a tremendous job the last couple of years.

It feel like that we had a better record at Glenelg than Noarlunga in the last few years so it is kinda like a home game.
by Fluffbag
Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Anyone who is "no afl in the sanfl" but still barrack for a victoria afl team is kind of a hypocrite as the Victorian clubs took over VFA teams like Coburg, Williamstown, Bendigo, etc turns them into reserves team and then dumped them when they wanted their own team so the SANFL system isn't perfect but it better than over the border especially if you was a Bendigo supporter and have no team anymore.

Agree that an AFL reserve comp is better way to go and the sanfl is left to fend for itself but I feel when my generation dies out then the clubs probably get absorbed into the amateurs like the old SAFA teams

Not a perfect situation at the moment but not much in life is and given other things going on with the world, very easy to cope with.
by Fluffbag
Sun May 03, 2015 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone who is "no afl in the sanfl" but still barrack for a victoria afl team is kind of a hypocrite as the Victorian clubs took over VFA teams like Coburg, Williamstown, Bendigo, etc turns them into reserves team and then dumped them when they wanted their own team so the SANFL system isn't perfect but it better than over the border especially if you was a Bendigo supporter and have no team anymore.

I care and grew up with the SANFL, I've been to hundreds of SANFL games, I've been to 1 VFA/VFL game. Does it make me a hypocrite because I care about the SANFL and not the VFL? No
Am I hypocritical because I follow a NRL club and the QRL has been decimated and impacted upon by reserves teams? No as I don't care about the QRL, never have.
Be like saying I'm a hypocrite because I put food on the table for my kids but not some kids in China.
Throw into the fact my AFL club was a foundation member of the VFA/VFL in 1877 and have a history in that comp going back over 130 years.
The VFA completely disbanded in 1994 and handed over to the body that ran the VFL reserves, if anything the VFA clubs were interlopers in 1995 onwards because of this. My AFL team has never tried to take over or affiliate with a VFA/VFL club. It has been in the VFA/VFL over 130 years, its league invited ex VFA clubs to its competition in 1995. Completely different circumstances to the VFA/VFL.
Did my AFL club solely destroy the VFA/VFL through lies and deceit? No

Would I be a hypocrite if I followed 2 clubs who play against each other in the same competition? Absolutely
Would I be a hypocrite if I was a Crow Eater and followed the Crows? Absolutely
Would I be a hypocrite if I being a proud Crow Eater didn't have anything to say about an AFL club destroying my beloved South Australian National Football League competition through lies and deceit? Absolutely
Hypocrite was too strong a word and I apologise for that, the point that I was trying to make (rather poorly) was I had 10 years in Brisbane and 10 years in Melbourne and the SANFL is still better than the VFA/VFL and the QRL as interest in those competitions is very small.

I do get annoy that this site seems to blame the crows for everything that is wrong with the SANFL but you are allow to have your views and if I don't agree with it then so be it.
by Fluffbag
Sun May 03, 2015 6:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Club Memberships

Just got an email saying the members merchandise has arrived and being sent out end of this week.
by Fluffbag
Tue May 05, 2015 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Women's World Cup

Good luck to Australia in the Quarter Final, tremendous achievement so far and you are doing the country proud.

The players are doing it more for the love of the game than the money and the games are probably less corrupt than the men's game as well.
by Fluffbag
Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RESRVES AFL teams future

Not many on here like it. What about the clubs now? A few posters on here have posted a turn in opinion ? Not so sure its credible.

Its not that simple . What is the agreed time frame of being in the competition , what is the time frame for them to be removed and where do the clubs get the $100,000k from them not being in ? Chuck in TV which leads to sponsorship .................

A short sighted dollar vision decision by 6 clubs. Will the AFL reserves teams stay ?
We are losing more than the $100,000, due to low attendance levels. I'm a sponsor & having games televised, in my opinion, is NOT good for sponsors.
I would rather have 5,000 people at the game, constantly reading my signage, than have it on TV, where people rarely catch a glimpse of my signage.
As a south supporter, I can't remember going to many games with 5,000 people,
by Fluffbag
Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why Woodville in 1964

As I am going to watch Modbury play Gaza this weekend in the semis, I was wondering why in 1964, Woodville entered the competition when I thought it seems to make more sense for a team in the north east suburbs.

Was that considered at the time? Would a Modbury team have been more successful than Woodville?

I remember growing up in Holden Hill and playing for Torrens in the mini league which seemed strange to represent a team on the other side of town.
by Fluffbag
Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All I know is that we haven't won for 51 years and counting, no matter how you describe it
by Fluffbag
Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

Another player leaving South? Can we have a COLA (cost of losing allowance) to retain players?
by Fluffbag
Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trades/Drafts (Nov & PSD/Rookie) - 2015

Why are West Coast bitching about the compensation given? They could not find a spot in their best 22 for their vice captain who was out of contract and they want more than a 2nd round pick? Tell them their dreaming Gill :roll:
Not to mention Selwood is at the back end of his career - hardly warrants anything more than a 2nd round pick IMO.
Some would argue at 25 he's at his peak.
Am I right in the thinking the clubs don't know what compensation they get for the restricted free agent until after they refuse to match it?

Should they know beforehand to better judge what they want to do?
by Fluffbag
Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Celebrity Casualties

Grenville wrote:Alan Rickman gone. Hans Gruber will always be one of my favourite movie villains.

Loved him in Galaxy Quest

"By Grabthar's hammer, by the suns of Warvan, you shall be avenged!"

RIP
by Fluffbag
Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Terry Wogan made Eurovision worth watching. The subtle p!sstake of either the venue city, the upcoming country's performer, or calling our the dodgy bloc-voting that went on between those countries that were either allied or enemies.

Regardless of the location, I always got the impression Wogan was commentating Eurovision in a BBC studio with a glass of whiskey in his hand.

RIP Terry.

Terry Wogan kept Eurovision alive/relevant as a cultural icon.
I, kind of, get the feeling that had he not commentated on Eurovision in that fashion, our interest in it may well have been dead years ago.
I think you're right. The interest that Eurovision now has garnered in Australia, which is now broadcast with our own commentary (IIRC), stems from his influence. Sadly, the subtle irony that Wogan used to make the broadcast entertaining is being missed, which is the point.
I have not seen Graham Norton doing Eurovision but I thought someone like Dave Lamb (come dine with me) might have been good as a replacement.

Got some old eurovisions on VHS so this Friday, it will be a pizza, beer and Terry night.
by Fluffbag
Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RIP Sir Terry Wogan

The best Eurovision special comments in history among other things

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! :(
I remember rolling on the floor with laughter when I heard him on my first Eurovision.

A national treasure and raised a lot of money for the charity "Children in Need"

One of a kind.

RIP
by Fluffbag
Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 AFL Ladder (predictions)

Port
hawthorn
West Coast
Geelong
Sydney
Fremantle
Western Bulldogs
Collingwood

North
Richmond
Gold Coast
Giants
Adelaide
Melbourne
St Kilda
Brisbane
Carlton
Essendon
by Fluffbag
Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Quick question, do anyone know whether Mason Shaw is playing anywhere this year? I alway liked him when saw him playing for South
by Fluffbag
Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Membership numbers

340 at South which was about 2 weeks ago
This is disappointing, going down this Saturday to get my season ticket but we need a lot more people to sign up.

I need to keep on being a member as after supporting this team for 38 years, I need to be there if we ever do win a premiership, celebrating with the same people who go each week.

Three things left on the bucket list

See Eurovision live
Go to comic com in San Diego
See south win a grand final (not counting the night grand finals in the 80s)
by Fluffbag
Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

I would not pass judgement on Port until they have a preseason that is not affected by the Essendon stuff. Really hard to come up with the right structures when players are not available for preseason games or for the whole year. I never played the game but players talk about how important the preseason is, especially when bringing in key position players into the club.
by Fluffbag
Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

One of my favourite actors, Gene Wilder, passed away at 83. I watched Stir Crazy too many times to remember as well as The Producers, Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein.

Very funny man.

RIP
by Fluffbag
Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MLB 2017

Excellent story coming out of Chicago today, good move by the Cubs

http://deadspin.com/steve-bartman-got-a ... 1797404733
by Fluffbag
Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFLX and Y and Z plus trial games

Pseudo wrote:
Brodlach wrote:South win their first Premiership in how many decades :lol:

You are forgetting the era when South Adelaide were the Kings Of Night Football?[/quote

I remember, can we have all grand finals at Norwood at night, I will bring this single to play afterwards
by Fluffbag
Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Harry Anderson, star of Night Court, dies at 65

Very funny show in the eighties, great cast, I have to find a few old episodes to watch this weekend
by Fluffbag
Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Finals

Something for South fans to buy for the finals, on the south website
by Fluffbag
Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Still don't know how but I'm stoked we won it last year with 4 other SANFL teams in the finals, we played 4 games where the other team was fair dinkum.
Would be a hollow feeling (but a much easier job) this year with 2 teams who have other agendas both having double chances.

The “we won” comment always remind me of this

https://youtu.be/eWf3A9KN0Ms
by Fluffbag
Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

https://ew.com/celebrity/2019/12/08/ren ... r-dies-79/

I remember René from Benson, one of my favourite shows
by Fluffbag
Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2020

Disappointed that nobody has officially congratulated the Adelaide Football Club on winning their first ever AFL wooden spoon in here.

Congratulations to all involved, I couldn't be prouder of you all.
With the Crows finishing last and if you win the premiership then it is the ideal 150th birthday gift

Good luck in the finals, with South at the moment, I might get a gift as well and can finally erase 1979 from my memory
by Fluffbag
Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

Regardless of how many people went yesterday, the two best teams over the whole season are playing in the grand final so I think that is always a successful season

One note from yesterday game, can we get rid of the centre bounce and just toss it , especially with the 666 rule is can do more harm than good and it’s add no value to the viewing pleasure.
by Fluffbag
Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

Anyone who liked the x files should watch Kolchak : The Night Stalker on SBS Viceland on Monday Night. I loved the show growing up in the 70s and is a favourite of Chris Carter. Each episode is a different creature and Darren McGavin is brilliant as a reporter investigating each case and constantly getting in trouble with his boss and the police department.
by Fluffbag
Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NFL 2020-21-22 Season

Wedgie wrote:Shattered :(

One thing is the Bengals are set up for ongoing success whereas LA and Tampa seems like one and done teams so with a better OL you will be up there for many years.
by Fluffbag
Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2022 Season

I don’t know if this is a dumb idea but make it you can only select a player from your SANFL/WAFL/VFL team in the mid season draft so no other teams are impacted.
by Fluffbag
Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |