Search found 20 matches

Return

Re: Rumours / Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Wonder if/when port will sign Krakouer for "$400 a game" surely the league should be looking into there signings for this year, pretty obvious that some are worth more then the allowed amount.
by Tech1
Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port (Power Reserves) 2014

On paper that side should finish top. Don't agree with the Summerton decision to let him play for them this year and surprised clubs haven't kicked up a fuss about this and some of there other signings. Can see the Crows being about middle of the table but with the concessions given to Port i'd be surprised if they're not top 3 at the least. Question, can the "$400 a game", not age limit on signing players and the academy (reserves) team be changed next year or is it locked in for a certain amount of years unlike the Crows deal which can be changed year to year depending on how strong or weak they are?
by Tech1
Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port (Power Reserves) 2014

On paper that side should finish top. Don't agree with the Summerton decision to let him play for them this year and surprised clubs haven't kicked up a fuss about this and some of there other signings. Can see the Crows being about middle of the table but with the concessions given to Port i'd be surprised if they're not top 3 at the least. Question, can the "$400 a game", not age limit on signing players and the academy (reserves) team be changed next year or is it locked in for a certain amount of years unlike the Crows deal which can be changed year to year depending on how strong or weak they are?

what are you talking about? The rule is they are allowed 15 top up players , 1 can be a leadership players which has to be over 28. Only the leadership player can be paid over $400 a game. Port asked if Sommerton (25) could be used as there leadership player, to which the SANFL said no. Henry Slattery will be port's leadership player. Port haven't broken any of the rules set out by the SANFL directors, so how can they kick up a fuss?

Really? So Summerton is playing for $400 a game is he ? oh that's right you back ended the contract, yup you didn't break the rules but i still don't think he's just getting 400 a game this year. I suppose Motlop, Krakouer and to a lesser extent Raikiwasa are also going to be paid $400 a game? Give me a break.
by Tech1
Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your 2014 predictions

Why are Port so favoured over the Crows. Whats the difference?

The problem is that the other SANFL clubs assumed port wouldn't do something like the Summerton disgrace and keep a bunch of others for "$400" a game. Don't know how you can change it next year either if like most likely port will be too strong, it's too late.
by Tech1
Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Another SANFL side the Eagles at the end of a 58 point belting by a multi million dollar AFL club however the competition is not COMPROMISED !!!!

Comment please Zip Zap Olsen, Triggy , SANFL board, Tripodi and the gang of SIX you have a lot of explaining to do !!!!!!!!!!

This is exactly what us long time SANFL supporters thought might happen.

The nightmare has begun !!!!!

SANFL now is a joke a sham a farce
Waa waa

Not surprised your not fussed about a compromised competition.

COLA anyone!!!
:lol:

No it does bother me! But I've accepted it. Moved on and looked to the future! A national reserves comp would be better, but that's not happening!
But what has bothered me more is the carry on by people on this site are acting like little school children. Embarrassing to be honest.

Cola, please! Try something new....

And people like you that are willing to roll over and except it, wont change anything in the future. You added nothing to the subject with your waa waa comment, very mature, well done!
by Tech1
Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Future of the SANFL

Not surprisingly that no other clubs supporters think that this is fair except for most port people but really what do you expect, why wouldn't they want an unfair advantage, every club would if they where given the chance to and have nobody else do anything about it. The problem is with the people running the SANFL. The funny thing is every clubs got a vote for both the Crows and the Power reserves didn't they? I'm sure at the end of the year the gutless people running this league and the clubs who voted this in, including mine, will roll over when push comes to shove. I'd love to see that changes made, like more restrictions on the afl reserves, more money being provided by the afl clubs to play in our league and a higher salary cap but i can't see it happening, it just makes too much sense and that's not what the league directors are all about.
by Tech1
Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 4 - Glenelg vs Crows Reserves - Post Game

CUTTERMAN wrote:Yeh so from the 10k that were there how many?

Pretty hard to tell, we where a lot louder, the only time i heard crows fans say anything was when Walker got near it. Maybe 50/50 but i'd say maybe half of the crows supporters where also bays fans
by Tech1
Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL related media articles

Great article, would be awesome if this did happen, although i'd imagine port would try and get some more special conditions with any new deal, can't be trusted with anything.
by Tech1
Wed May 07, 2014 9:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is you interest so far in the SANFL competition in

I have lost a bit of interest, more to do with the way this had been handled then anything, three different structures, likely to be similar for a few years, has effected the enjoyment of following the league not just my club. Will always go to Glenelg games, even went to both the power and crows reserves games. have to say the league really has changed in such a short time, the port game had no atmosphere even though we got pumped, the crows game was just lucky walker was coming back. The crowd for crows reserves will decline in coming years and the same for the power, even though they are killing sides they just aren't bringing fans in. Probably have to do something pretty quick or it will well and truly be just like all the other state leagues around the country, we had something unique, something to be proud of and now it's gone.
by Tech1
Mon May 26, 2014 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interpretation: Whoops, I actually agreed with him making myself and those with similar beliefs look extremely stupid and wrong in the process! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Didn't agree with anything you said. I'm not the one continuing to clutch straws because I'm jealous of a footy club.

Just noticed you have 50 plus likes, that's the scary thing.
by Tech1
Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's painful seeing comments coming up after every port game on facebook, sometimes free speech should be retracted if you really are a complete moron with no knowledge of what you're talking about. The amount of people that say "cue the whinging" "cue the no afl in the sanfl" or "how come you didn't complain when the afl players where helping you win" or "we deserved the allowances we have because the SANFL owed us for moving us to Ethelton" How do these people function on a daily basis astounds me, f*ckin morons. I can't wait to hear these people if any changes get made to the power reserves for next year, it will be "this is so unfair we are too good so you had to limit us from winning another flag" either way you can't win with these morons.
by Tech1
Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL crowd numbers

Personally i would've expect crowds to be up this year by a fair lot. I would've expected the Powers crowds to be huge, seen as they have been largely dominate this year and the Crows crowds i would've expected to be a lot higher too seen as at the moment it is a novelty factor for them and they don't have to pay, the supporter base for both clubs is huge in the state. I think at the moment if crowds stay the same next year i'd be surprised, i'd expect the crows crowds to diminish and Power crowds will drop even more once they are structured differently next year and come back to the pack even more, this is all a bit of guess work but i think it would be highly more likely then the other way around. The only thing i am hoping, is for the 8 SANFL clubs to get some more funding for recruits and a higher salary cap to make the standard higher and give SANFL club supporters a positive to see on the field about this deal to let these reserves sides in (basically this year there is an extra team in diluting the standard even more compared to when afl players where spread throughout the 9 teams) imho the standard has dropped in the last few years another reason why people probably don't want to pay $14 for entry (another thing that needs to be changed) but some of these things hopefully are already being looked at if the league is paying attention and not just counting numbers and thinking everything is great, imho that's the only way i can see some of the fans that walked away come back.
by Tech1
Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live Scores - Week 1 2014 Finals

Have to say went as a neutral today. Norwood fans are the most feral and uneducated lot going round, complained the whole time and I changed spots each qtr to lol, up there with crows fans but you expect that from them. Umpiring was really good IMHO, a couple of average ones but none more for one team then the other. Was a good spectacle good hard tough footy, Norwood too good a bit more run and quality when it counted. Definitely more Norwood supporters then Sturt, crowd would've been around 8-9k, would be about half that now, I'd be thinking around a total of 12-14k total today, not as good as I expected but was a good atmosphere though for the first game.
by Tech1
Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wait until the Crows finish in the finals in the next year or two, they both will only get stronger in the years to come. The latest restrictions on top up players leave it open for them to get better, not to mention when they open up a mid year draft. Wait for a Power and Crows reserves grand final coming up in a few years. The competition is pretty much dead for the purest SANFL supporter without some serious changes or getting rid of them to the VFL.
by Tech1
Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL fixture is a joke, why so many byes?

Have 22 rounds, if you finish in the bottom 5 you play the 4 other teams in the bottom 5 three times, same in regard to top 5 clubs. Piss off any byes or split rounds, can the state match. All games on Fridays or Saturdays.
Crowds, revenue and interest in the comp rises at least 20%.
You're welcome SANFL.
Even better, piss off the Crows and Power, 21 rounds, play each team 3 times.

This is what should happen, Port people on Facebook and Adelaide Now seem to think they are being held back by playing in the SANFL and want to leave and play in the VFL anyway. Hopefully sooner then later but that would require the SANFL to have some balls and actually stand up to them in regards to teams they field in our league and the funds from Adelaide Oval. [-o<
by Tech1
Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 - Glenelg v Central Fri 7.10

Don't rate Centrals, easily the worst side we have played this year. Sturt>South>Centrals. Having said that, all they needed to do was play a quarter and a half of really good footy and it was enough to beat us. The way we played in the third quarter was a disgrace, our players don't work hard enough, decision making is poor, skills have improved a bit but we are frontrunners, as soon as we where challenged they struggled, not disciplined either, too many easy free kicks given away. Hard to know when we will get a win, so far our best is good enough imho, in all three games we have looked great in a quarter or two but that's not good enough when you completely stop in the other quarters. Frustrating start to the year, hope we can improve and the players don't lose confidence even though they only have themselves to blame for the results so far.
by Tech1
Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3- Port v North Saturday, 12.10

sjt wrote:
JK wrote:Didn't think Port were allowed players that had been on another state teams list within two seasons .. Regardless, hope Luke Wilson goes alright.

There is no rules for port power reserves anymore.

Edited for accuracy.

They also added a player that was on an AFL list last year too.
by Tech1
Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2015 Attendance Comparisons Thread

Great to see the fans still flocking to the SANFL games this week just gone. Norwood V Port at the Parade 2,100 is that some sort of record low? :oops: The game down at Polar Park was just as impressive with a very healthy turn out of just under 1,200 Hats off to all those directors who made these tough decisions. [emoji38]
Generally it does appear that numbers are down from the figures provided. The question has to ne asked, even if the AFL teams are removed, has the damage that has been done tol great to recover from?

I believe so, but it gives the comp a chance to find a real niche in the community, which it can't while compromised.

I check the scores out of Glenelg matches
I still have an interest in how the club does caused by knowing some involved.

however, my winter is no-longer revolved around when the Tigers are playing and I have moved on to other hobbies/interests. no longer is my week moods determined by the last round results and the upcoming fixtures.

if the AFL clubs were removed from the comp, than I would be more inclined to go and watch on a Friday night or even a sunday arvo.

I have had free tickets come my way, which I have passed on to those who will use them. But they themselves only go a couple of times a year as it is.

The comp needs to go to 8 teams.

everyone plays eachother 3 times.

I want a return to the pre-season comp

bring back double headers

This is what needs to happen, one game home, one game away and one game at Adelaide Oval as a double header or a country game here and there in the home clubs designated area.
by Tech1
Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

Could a player be tempted into a return back to his original SANFL club?

I think a player could be tempted to return to his original club Phil yes. Im sure its happened before

A player, who has previously played with a certain club but left for more opportunities, is looking at the possibility of moving back to his original club, for more opportunities, ahead of season 2016...

I'm not sure why you play this game, one of the best bits apart this site is hearing about rumors that may or may not be true.
by Tech1
Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Saturday April no League footy why?

Because we have morons running the comp that's why. The fixture is a mess, so many byes and terrible programming, someone needs to get the sack.
by Tech1
Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |