Search found 221 matches

Return

Re: Grade Cricket

Just on that. Should the players the redbacks recruit from interstate be allocated a local grade club by the SACA?

Like Worrall was sent to Adelaide and lasted less than 12 months, then moves to Kensington :shock:

Cant force someone to travel down to Southerns or Northerns?

They are living in Henley near the beach so want to play locally, cant blame them for that :D

Can actually, because Adelaide isn't really that big and they are here to better their cricket not advance their social life and no I don't agree with the Worrall example either. I figured you would disagree though ;)
They also are being paid by the SACA so should be told where to play by them, meant to be enhancing the competition really by spreading them out across the clubs if they are serious about it.
by Arch44
Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 4

The Bedge wrote:
Executive Member wrote:not enough Fat Boys to go around

Geez I miss a good ol' fat boy special!

Me too, until I had a kransky at Walkerville. That's the new leader I reckon.
by Arch44
Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Trader wrote:Given 8-20mm is forecast for Saturday, it's a great week to keep everyone off the ovals as well.

They should cancel it now, let everyone know in advance, split the points and leave it at that, IMO.

I am definitely happy to share the points in the bgrade with Smosh :lol:
by Arch44
Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Word on the street is some unrest at pulteney........ possibly a change at the top with the great man Bedgegood taking the reins for the remainder of the year? Better late than never.
.. and I thought I was the only one who posted rubbish on this thread. 8)

Also please use a capital letter for proper nouns - Pulteney. ;)

I'm hearing that Bedgegood has been offered a 2 year deal with the option for a 3rd if certain KPIs are met. $10k a year not bad going. They have great belief in Bedges ability to engage and communicate with the players along with his excellent ability to teach and develop the younger ones.

I reckon you should throw your hat in the ring Oldman! You have coached before.
by Arch44
Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In other news.. not sure where to post this, but had a giggle and curious.

Apparently the Gepps coach shows the side inspirational/motivations videos pre-game to fire them up. Saturday they did a warm up, then went in and watched some videos then went back out for another warm up lol.

I giggled, thought it was a bit strange - then I was talking to someone else and they said their former coach used to do this also. :shock:

Is this something that happens often around clubs?? :?

I haven't seen it.
I remember though back in the 90s at Ferryden Park our coach gave out video tapes on preparation, recovery and healthy eating. Well he said that's what was on them, pretty confident no one watched them.
by Arch44
Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ASCA

United Districts, Woodville Districts, Norwood ANA
Where were these clubs based just out of interest?

United Districts near the Woodville Hockey Club, Woodville North, Woodville Districts around the corner at Pennington Primary ( made my 1st hundred there ) and Norwood ANA played on the old oval that is now Ikea / Bunnings on the airport, Sire Donald Bradman Drive.

Fitzroy are using that oval next to the Hockey club for their Cgrade.
by Arch44
Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division II 2022

Hawkers the bottom seed is in.
by Arch44
Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

cats2021 wrote:Stanborough 9 votes in the last 3 games and they lost all 3... disgrace

Your comment is a disgrace. Only takes a minute to look up his performance in the last 3 rounds to see it was warranted.
by Arch44
Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

Past players day this week at West Croydon. One of the perks of no longer coaching footy :drinkers:
by Arch44
Tue May 17, 2022 4:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bedge wrote:Any truth to the rumour Brahma have moved on their A grade coach? Player driven?

Seems the tail wags the dog.

Matty Jones to return?

Would coincide with Matty's FB post about offers he's had.
by Arch44
Mon May 30, 2022 2:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have coached against Trinity plenty of times over the last 10 years and Bedge is on point 100% correct, Trinity instigate majority of any altercations that I have seen and have been informed by from opposition coaches to be wary of it. I will say though its up to the players how they respond and try not to be sucked in, which at times can be difficult in the heat of the moment.
by Arch44
Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division II 2022

Some how my hawkers got up with 4 less players :shock:
by Arch44
Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

How dare an outdoor winter sport be played on a muddy oval :lol:
by Arch44
Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

I am still covid free that I am aware of. I heard on the radio if you haven't had it yet you have no friends, which could be accurate too. We are off to Queensland in 4 weeks so I wont be doing any tests the week leading into that. ;)
by Arch44
Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian tour of India 2023

I don't see at as cheating ,I see it as home ground advantage. Will make the away win even sweeter.
by Arch44
Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide footy League - Division 6

Tops off BL getting 2 reds and 3 yellows in the same game. The fat boy was outstanding though more importantly.
by Arch44
Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide footy League - Division 6

Watching some footage of Smithfield’s B Grade pre- match warm up yesterday is absolute gold, while doing some running on the spot there’s “Barbie Girl” playing in the background so all the players start dancing and singing to it, it’s been a loooong season for them and seeing their spirit in the final match of the season was simply epic.

Will also say well done to the Smithfield boys Agrade & Bgrade for joining in the line up after the bgrade when Russ Carbine was chaired off for his 100 goals.
by Arch44
Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

Saturday 9th September
Campbelltown Memorial Oval
Div 7 - PF - Houghton Districts v Para Hills (2:15pm)
Div 7R - PF - Houghton Districts v Para Hills (12:15pm)

Why is this at Campbelltown and not Houghton?
Prelims & GF's neutral venues

Ah ok. I didn't realise Prelims were neutral, Bit rough imo.
by Arch44
Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

Don’t sleep on Salisbury, going to be near impossible to stop with their recruiting drive and their home ground advantage.. Sean Hee, Brad Prior and James Gameau the first 3 of many signings!

The demons will be okay

Elizabeth will still suck

Salisbury losing Mitchell slater to Golden Grove will be a big loss for them.
Slater to Golden Grove confirmed
Barmby must be a quality human. Poaching players from his home club who battled to field a side 12 months ago. Also going after other Salisbury players. Not sure div 1 success will be built off div 6 players until there next ex afl recruit arrives.

I'd say he's doing his job. "Recruiting"
by Arch44
Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bedge wrote:Shots fired :lol:

Accurate though.
by Arch44
Thu May 16, 2024 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All the returning players suck anyway.. not sure why the units would have a meltdown although it does seem like the eagles have timed it perfectly to all of a sudden get 2 horrible teams on the park with all their “returning” players and now they can compete for the official title of the worst amateur team in the northern suburbs, clearly not a title the eagles want..

Suck now? Maybe but definitely done more than most in football.
Would be easy just jump off when times get hard and jump back on when it's easy again yeah?

Not sure if that’s aimed at any individual in particular but if it’s aimed at who I think it is, you should probably do some home work so you don’t sound so stupid..

Played division 1-3 at Eastern Park where they only won 5 games throughout them 3 years
Almost 200 A grade games since 2011
Captained the footy club for 5 seasons, in years where we were very good and also not so good
Never turned the back when times got hard that’s for damn sure

At 30 years old it makes sense to be home helping out a best mate in his first season as coach!

Don’t be firing shots if you know absolutely nothing, dumbest thing I’ve seen someone write on here

Elizabeth won’t ever beat Eastern Park as long as said person is playing there, mark my words dork :)

Please tell me you didn’t just rattle off your own playing career :lol:
by Arch44
Thu May 16, 2024 11:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |