Search found 221 matches

Return

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Well said Zedman. Bad luck to you and your boys I thought you guys would win. Hope the Grubers and co didn't take it too hard. Good luck up a grade too with your current list and a small top up you guys will no doubt be more than competitive in Div 5.
by Arch44
Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Footy Chick wrote:Arch is using his hiatus to:

a) become a roadie, or
b) a groupie for his wifes band ;)

Enjoy the time off, I can highly recommend it!

:lol: Have already reached groupie status.
by Arch44
Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The first thing that comes to your head ??

Not sure I am in retirement watching my lad at Prospect. Will do the occasional fill in role though.
by Arch44
Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Zartan wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:
no_remorse28 wrote:Ingle Farm B Grade advertising for a new coach? Saw this years coach interviewing yesterday for another coaching position..

Facing a mirror during the interview is that how you saw it?

I look forward to my new coaching challenge in 2016.. exciting times! :D :D

King of the kids :D
by Arch44
Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C&CCA Season 2015/16

Cmon Zartan Fitzroy losing 5/14 isn't out of the question
by Arch44
Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gday all I am the coach of the smosh F.C and also the person in questions father, we find ourselves in a bit of a predicament here but he has a meeting on Tuesday night so hopefully they parties can come to some sort of agreement and hopefully my son can come and play footy with me at smosh, I do want to state that my son has to take some responsibility here as he did originally sign to play with blodge, but as soon as was given the job to coach at a higher level he wanted to test himself which I was happy with because I Think he is a bit better than div 5, when I was the coach of lodge in one of the years he requested to go back to E.P to have a crack at div 1 we let him go as it was a great opportunity for him. I can catergorly say his decision to want to play for smosh has nothing to do with coin cause his offer at lodge far out ways what he has been offered at smosh. At the end of the day I hope the right decision is made for the better of both parties..and we can move on with the season just around the corner.every coach in the competition wants the best players available and will do what ever it takes to get them but this holds a bit more for me cause he is me kid..
I'm sure a resolution will be made for both parties to move forward and learn from.

Can't believe it has got to the stage where the father of the young bloke has to get on here and defend what is going on. Surely reading that Brahma can just suck it up and release him without the meeting needing to take place?! :roll:
by Arch44
Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:
Arch44 wrote:Bottom MBK? Geez hope not!!

I think our ins Zartan would be just as good if not better than those 3 outs.

Have heard numbers not great on the track at Fitzroy

Not terrible either. Internal trial was very encouraging.
Bit better than Harry49 Agrade cricket side training efforts on the track ;)
by Arch44
Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1 spot for you to go or gonski ;)
Reckon I might get the same treatment you copped from West Croydon after taking them to a prelim? :D

Actually wouldn't mind being moved on - can go back to enjoying beers on the sideline and being a critical expert of everyone :lol:

And there is the kick in the nuts :lol:

You all already are a critical expert of everyone, don't need beers for that. ;)
by Arch44
Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield Season 2015/2016

Any one interested in digging up the pitch tonight? :lol:
by Arch44
Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And that's why you bowl strike bowlers 1st and not part timers.
by Arch44
Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I just can't believe the Redbacks threw their chances again. Every time the Redbacks find themselves a chance of taking home some silverwear. Especially when the odds are in favour this time. They always manage to find a way to f&%k things up and lose it themselves. What a embarrassment for SA cricket.

In reality it seems now that we are always only making up numbers. No one remembers who comes second. If you ain't 1st your last.

That's a huge over reaction and typical waiting until the result to sink the boots. We lost in the end yes, but at times were in winning positions too.
I have been a bit harsh on here too, but mostly in jest and truth is making the shield final is an improvement on previous years and the redbacks have some good young cricketers coming through. Disappointing yes, but not the end of the world for SA cricket by a long shot.
by Arch44
Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:
Zartan wrote:
Q. wrote:Back in time for the much anticipated showdown with Robb ;)

He's circled the date on the calendar.. :lol: 8)

i have a iphone 6 :)

my cats breath smells like cat food.

Has Carey logged in under footy chicks name?
by Arch44
Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Surely Zarts could have got you a Guest pass to the elevated coaches box?
Wasn't a fan of climbing up and down all day lol, especially being overweight and lazy haha! Would've stayed at ground level, but it's near on impossible at my short height and the ground incline to see anything around the ground lol.

Just glad I didn't fall off the ladder :lol:

Should have seen me go up and down it! With a fat knee. Chose not to come down 3/4 time of Agrade it was too hard! Fair to say that will be my 1 and only game playing for the Roys. Your curse has been lifted mate too!
by Arch44
Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why play silly buggers in rd1?
As Zarts stated there were no silly buggers played.
Only silly buggers I saw were players trying to handball and kick to their team mates from both sides.
Chuck in the deplorable spectacle of watching football at Fitzroy and that just topped off a cracking day's play.
TAB got my money as well.

Surely Zarts could have got you a Guest pass to the elevated coaches box?

You no Arch, that idea came from Charlie!!! :D
:lol: well sure is a bit safer than the deck chair on the coaches box
by Arch44
Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:Easy round-

Brahma by 56 - Shut down Kennett and Novosel and its all over
Fitzroy to just win the who cares cup
Houghton by 38 - Revenge
West Croydon by 48- Woody Sth are ordinary
Farms by 76 - Adel Luth will finish bottom, No cattle.

Can you present the cup Carey? Would be a good fit I reckon.
by Arch44
Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:zartan where will luthies and fitzroy finish this year after playing them

Luthies Bottom and Fitzroy not far above.

Thanks Zartan
by Arch44
Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hahahaha how the hell did that happen? I only posted once!!!!
by Arch44
Mon May 16, 2016 9:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

But they didn't lose?
by Arch44
Sat May 21, 2016 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Official Statement - Withdrawal of Para Hills

Footy Chick wrote:absolutely no substance in it whatsoever that I know of :lol:

However, it makes sense when you actually sit down and think about it

Hills have kids, Lodge want kids.

It's a marriage made in heaven ;)

Geez heaven just took a whole new meaning. :o
by Arch44
Tue May 24, 2016 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Amateur League Looking at taking over Junior Football

I'm hearing a few incidents have occurred recently at junior level including parents. Gaza v Salisbury U/14s on the weekend after the game and at a Salisbury West V Broadview game recently a lad was found by the umpire to have a spanner in his socks?!! and the game called off with incidents getting out of hand. Hope this trend doesn't continue!
All heard 2nd hand of course so with any luck not accurate.

Tightening up the backline perhaps?
Sounds like there was a few loose nuts
by Arch44
Tue May 24, 2016 1:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:D6R Ladder at the halfway point:
d6R.JPG

Are you being lazy Zartan and not doing the weekly write up or is only when your team wins? ;)
by Arch44
Mon May 30, 2016 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:
Arch44 wrote:You didn't think we would win Saturday either. ;)

To be fair, you prob didn't either :lol:

Hey I got it right in the tips :lol:
by Arch44
Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:
Arch44 wrote:All so that was the best bbq I've had all year at the footy!
Awesome.. cant wait to sample in two weeks time :D

I recommend the steak sandwich with the lot ;)
by Arch44
Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There is a good chicken shop on main nth rd call ceasars palace I think. That's all I look fwd to out there ;)
Where abouts? I do love a good feed! :D

This week it's West Croydon and sampling some of the better Dog rolls around town 8)

Turn right at the lights coming out of Trinity and its in the shops on the left hand side about 500m down the road.
Pies are the best at WC I reckon. Always had one put away for me for after the bgrade.
by Arch44
Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The only one I feel sorry for here is Morell, because he doesn't have a Cgrade to pluck from. You other blokes suck it up :lol:
by Arch44
Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Giant is Phillips
by Arch44
Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawthorn 2016

Hawkers are top at the end of the bye rounds with out really getting out of 1st gear. 4thorn is coming.
by Arch44
Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don't do Monday mornings too well mate?
by Arch44
Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 1 2016

Great tip by the budget this week. Henley by 23
The retards, they couldn't even score 23 points in total. That side right now world struggle in div 3. They must have hell injuries or lost heaps of players because most those blokes yesterday were B graders.

Couldn't believe what I saw at the end of the game a skinny red head SN player, does nothing all day, kicks a set shot goal and runs around like a plane with his arms out. Surely that's a fine from his team mates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like Ben Wiles to me :lol: Good on him!
That's ok isn't it? I tell my lads I will buy drink to the bloke who celebrates a goal the best....
by Arch44
Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Divison 3 2016

You lot for real? Its been a winter sport for years and grounds have been like that, worse and better. may as well put a roof over every oval. Unbelievable.
by Arch44
Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New coaches - 2016

Zartan wrote:
carey wrote:That's the Strong rumor circulating most fast food outlets

Thought you were on a diet?

He orders the salads
by Arch44
Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

will finish just short.....

You have to be VERY VERY VERY Good to kick a 100 in a season. Only the pure greats achieve such milestones...... ;)
Don't forget he will get at least one final to kick a few ;)

The greats achieve this in the minor rounds mate..... ;)
:lol: I was going to say only counts in minor round
by Arch44
Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fair call.
by Arch44
Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Clubs for 2017

Why? we play bad, we get relegated. 2 clubs would go down under any other circumstance and no one should rest on the fact that there were only 9 teams this year.

Sure, it's going to suck to be relegated after all the hard work Charlie and Stevo put in over the years, hell, even poor Bob would be pulling his hair out if he had any trying to get these blokes playing some decent footy - but you gotta take the hand you're dealt.

*disclaimer* - i'm pretty sure i dont' speak for the rest of the club here.
Well Lisa if I was still coaching Hope Valley I would be knocking on the HVFC committee and Saafl doors and demanding we stay in Div 4. I think it's very ordinary that new clubs can apply to affiliate and jump over the top of loyal clubs.Hope valley wouldn't be relegated if para hills played in 2016.Let them start in Div6 where ttg and modbury did and look where they are now.They should do the hard yards like we did at hope valley to climb the grades not be given a gold pass

If you stick Brighton in D6 you're handing them about 3 gold passes in the way of easy premierships.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't...

Agree with TT. Brighton would still have to go and win and earn their spot in Div3. Not necessarily a gold pass to 3 flags because anything can happen over a 3 year period, even in 1 year. Ask Rosewater.
by Arch44
Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Amateur League Looking at taking over Junior Football

Bit different to the old days now isn't it?! I remember playing u/9s at Wingfield when it was freezing and we were given a shot of port out of a hip flask at quarter time to warm us up!!
I don't condone that at all by the way, and agree with Zartan.
by Arch44
Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fitzroy Football Club Past Players Day.

Zartan wrote:
Arch44 wrote:Shut up and be positive. You will be charged $35 any way.

Fine, I'm not coming now - besides I hear the lead singer of the band doesn't sing enough anyway :lol:

:lol: She is this week ;)
by Arch44
Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fitzroy Football Club Past Players Day.

Come down lads. Band is in the evening so it doesn't interrupt mawsons sledging
by Arch44
Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

well done to Paul and the IFFC..good continuity and stability..what about the rotund B grade coach? ;)
Clubs wanted to lock in the A grade coach at this stage, the B and C grade positions remain open for next season at this point in time, and the club will address both roles at the conclusion of the season.

If this was the AFL that would mean gonski ;)
by Arch44
Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:
Junior coach wrote:Are there any games played at kilburn i would have thought that would have been a better venue for both clubs.

No games at Kilburn and there won't be.

Did PAOC request that too? :lol:
by Arch44
Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pooraka were already on a warning weren't they? Don't think WC were.
by Arch44
Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Oh its tough.

I don't think players testimony should be considered in that situation. Otherwise it's too easy to write a scathing email and send it off to sink a player that you've got beef with.
Prob didn't help that McBride looks like Hulk on Roids :lol: try convincing someone whose never seen him that he's really a gentle lad :lol: And that was a huge reason behind why we didn't take it further. One look at him and you'd think he was a bikie or something. There is no way a tribunal would've ruled in his favour vs a sweet innocent 21 year old Adelaide Lutheran boy.

Unfortunately for Hulky he is such a strong dude that he gets caught in these situations where with anyone else it would be a nothing incident, but with him its magnified. He coat-hangered a West Croyden dude, completely accidentally, just got side stepped but because of the size differential it was an instant yellow card. He got another yellow for what was just a great bump, but it looked awful because of his size. We even saw it a lot in terms of free kicks where a ruckman would be all over him, he pushes back a little and they end up in the trees. Whistle and free kick against.

He's like a real life version of the Big Friendly Giant.

Having said all that, just don't call him a steroid user. He nearly popped a Fitzroy guys head like the Mountain vs Oberyn Martell for saying that.
Oh did he? I didn't hear of that one. To be honest I had my lad Benny ruck against Hulk all day at your ground and he come off saying he is a good bloke to play against, plays fair and is respectful after the game.
by Arch44
Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congratulations Woody South, deserved winners in both grades...

Commiseration to West Croydon as well, they're a strong footy club, sure they will bounce back.

But honestly, BoG today was...

F.Chick

HA! Thanks for your help today Morell, you're a legend.

What a day! We were worried that the ressies game was going to be called off there for a while, after Leigh Bottrell was sent to hospital with what could've been possible neck/back fracture. I really hope his injuries aren't as serious as that. If someone could update us on his progress, it'd be much appreciated.

A tiring but great day, good and well behaved crowd.

Congrats to the Cats - it was your day.

I really feel for Matty McPherson and the WC boys though, losing their first game of the year in the one that mattered most.

I'll just leave you all with this - wishful thinking in it's finest form ;)

Leafy Bottrell spent the night in hospital with fractured chest plate and a dislocated collarbone. No neck or back issues luckily! Is a good lad and hoping for a speedy recovery.
by Arch44
Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:Anyway.. cricket season now.

Anyone wanting a game in a casual, enjoyable environment, alongside good people, please feel free to contact me - I'm sure I can accommodate you 8) :lol:

Are you promoting for another club? Couldn't be Enfield :lol:
by Arch44
Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 6 - 2017

Zartan wrote:
Arch44 wrote:
Q. wrote:That one club is telling fibs then
:lol: No mate.

Yeah, Q, despite Bourke & Co shopping themselves around with a significant asking price, they decided to settle at Fitzroy for nothing out of love for the club and the game.. ;) :lol:

:lol: Wrong club.
by Arch44
Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division III 2017

Hawkers is in.
by Arch44
Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 7 - 2017

So someone speaks to the Greenacres coach and he is upbeat and positive and is confident they will get the numbers, but on here instead of getting behind that it gets dismissed by everyone who isn't involved at the club. No one would know better than where they are at than their coach imo.
by Arch44
Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 1 - 2017

Close to 30 on the track there last night.
by Arch44
Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 6 - 2017

Zartan wrote:
Arch44 wrote:Yank man it was a very good parmi minus the alfoil sticking. Every one else's on a plate looked very nice.

You have no standards.

Zartan that would have been one mouthful for you.
by Arch44
Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Zartan wrote:
S Demon wrote:Houghton Districts - Pooraka Bray, Alex - Pending - 2017-03-30

Wasn't he the A grade captain?? :shock:

C'mon Zartan read above.
by Arch44
Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

carey wrote:
Zartan wrote:
hfoxe16 wrote:Predictions
Ingle Farm smashes Trinity by 72 points

I hear whispers TOS may have Dearing, Lemmon, Barraclough, Clarke, Dahlgren back this weekend.. massive inclusions.

Result will be only a couple goals either way.

Media ban lifted?

Defiant rebel
by Arch44
Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |