Search found 4 matches

Return

Re: Channel 7 announced by SANFL as preferred telecast partn

As a West Adelaide fan I'm just wondering how long it will take 7 to televise one of our games. I know Westies aren't travelling to well (though we have won our last 2), and that we're far from being the best supported club in the SANFL (we're definitely in the bottom 2 or 3 for crowd numbers and overall number of supporters).....but 7 weeks into the season and we're yet to be on TV with no sign of that changing for a while.

I can see why 7 would focus on the top sides or those with a larger following, after all, they are in it to get ratings and I can't blame them for that. But didn't they say when they got the broadcast rights that every team would get somewhat of an equal coverage? So far that hasn't really been happening.
by HoldenV8
Mon May 12, 2014 10:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - Port Magpies v South @ Alberton inc Post Matc

No disrespect to South Adelaide, but watching the game on TV yesterday I got the distinct impression that Port's game plan against SANFL teams is to keep things close-ish at half time, then just skip away on vastly superior fitness and skills. It was like they were toying with Souths, letting them get close, but then doing the inevitable and running away with it.

Lap it up Port fans. But the fact remains that its taken your side to be stacked with AFL listed players for you lot to start winning again. I said it yesterday and I'll say it now, without the former Magpies now being the Power reserves they'd still be struggling to make the 5 like they have in the past 10 or so years.
by HoldenV8
Sun May 18, 2014 2:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Grand Final - Eagles v West - Sun 27/9/15

Well done Westies. Hope all supporters on here soak it up and enjoy!

After throwing away an opportunity in 1985, plus losing the GF in 1991, 2003 and 2012......this one is very VERY sweet believe me :D

1985.....while we had a very good side its debatable that we could have beaten Glenelg or North Adelaide.

1991.....we were in great form leading up to the game but when the fighting broke out, North Adelaide were the only ones still playing football and thus won the game (I was there).

2003.....I think we did well to reach the GF but even at our best that year I doubt we could have beaten Centrals then.

2012.....same as 2003. We were good, Norwood were better (again, I was there).

Yesterday was the first GF that Westies have been in during my lifetime that despite the Eagles record this year (only 2 losses), I felt confident that we were going to win. Damn it was good to watch (from the hill in front of the video screen ;) )
by HoldenV8
Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Grand Final - Eagles v West - Sun 27/9/15

While you are all at it, why not chuck Simsy`s effort in there. :oops: Anyhow back to the topic. Well done Westies on beating the Salary Cheats. :D

I was about 50 metres back towards the southern goals when Sims hit Matthew Simpson. Have to say that when Sims swung his arm the ball was about a metre or more in front of Simpson. No way was he trying to get the ball.

I've heard stories that in the first quarter of the game, Simpson was giving Darel Hart the shits by constantly niggling him. Hart, sick of it allegedly said that if someone didn't get Simpson off his back he'd end up thumping him. Steve Sims stepped up and did just that. It arguably won them the game though because from that point on Westies forgot about playing footy and just wanted to beat the crap out of Sims.

Steve Sims may have finished that GF looking like he'd gone 10 rounds with Mike Tyson, but he had the last laugh didn't he. He had a premiership medal.
by HoldenV8
Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |