Search found 26 matches

Return

Re: Rnd 6 - South v Norwood @ Hickinbotham (Sat N 10/5)

fester69 wrote:We'll pi$$ it in, 40+.

You are obviously planning on South scoring -6 then?
by SANFLnut
Tue May 06, 2014 6:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Round 7 - Port Magpies v South @ Alberton inc Post Match

The Port Adelaide Football Club again emphasised their Power in the SANFL competition with their AFL Reserves side comprehensively outclassing a previously impressive Double Blues outfit. While the AFL big brother are still ticking along nicely, their little SANFL sibling will continue to be a force in our local competition and ostracise many traditional fans.

South are flying at the moment, after a big win against Norwood, so this will be a great test for them, against the team many are predicting to comfortably win the flag from here, and the Panthers will need to be at their absolute best to be chance here. They will certainly need a full team effort and hope that the home side will have an off day.

PORT MAGPIES v SOUTH ADELAIDE

Alberton Oval

Saturday, May 17th 2014

Reserves @ 11:25am

League @ 2:10pm

Broadcast - Channel 7, from 2:00pm*

*This game was initially being covered on radio by 5RPH, but C7 today advised the SANFL they want to cover this game instead, so 5RPH have swapped and will now call Glenelg v Central.
by Big Phil
Mon May 12, 2014 11:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014/15

Given Lokan is an inexperienced coach should the bays have considered a Paul Roos style handover.

Either Hodgeman, Cornes or Kerley could have coached the bays for a few years and next then handover to Lokan.
by Panther Pack
Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Godden Steps Down as State Coach / Cornes Appointed

Well if Studley leads the state to victory I can see the inept Glenelg Board replacing Lokan with him mid season!

So what I'm hearing here is the Wagons could already be circling for a STUDLEY comeback to the Glenelg coaching box interesting........
Dedja do you have any info on this you might want to bring to the table?
by Panther Pack
Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Premiership Odds SANFL 2015 & free bet offer

dedja wrote:I'm amazed they got the name of the teams right.

"Genelg" :D

regards,

Max
by Rik E Boy
Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Club Memberships

Pseudo wrote:
Bounce of the ball wrote:
Pseudo wrote:Incidentally still not a member of any SANFL club myself.

The clubs need members so why not join up . Your club needs members more than most .Get behind your club if you care I say.

Oh I do care - and that is precisely why I am no longer a member.

And I bet they're just mortified.
by Booney
Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Club Memberships

southee wrote:Full South home and away membership purchased tonight. (and panther cub membership for the daughter)

Had a good chat to Nick Liddle too !

Bring on the season.

I'll be getting the home and away membership too. Bring on next Friday at the Bay
by Keefy
Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Panthers game rescheduled

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:ITs a disgrace that match is starting at 11-30am to appease the AFL club

This is the most concerning part of the saga IMO.
Electrical malfunctions are not planned for but the game should be played at a decent timeslot still, not one that suits the AFL sides
by Jim05
Sun May 03, 2015 10:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 - Live Scores and waffle

Centrals fans have been spoilt for success, a few years of pain will do you the world of good.
Going to need to do a fair bit of recruiting as there doesnt look a lot coming through, the Reserves and junior grades are terrible currently. I have no doubt things will turn though
by Jim05
Sun May 03, 2015 6:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 - Live Scores and waffle

Interesting comments posted concerning Laird and the culture of whinging at Centrals.

I agree there is starting to become a whinging culture at the club

Whinging about how hard it is to recruit players

Whinging about the money offered by country clubs

Whinging about the dogs fans dropping off

We use to be a anywhere anytime sort of club now we are that between the hours of 1:15pm-1:20pm and if the weather is between 21 and 22 degrees
by whufc
Mon May 04, 2015 9:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R10 West v Port @ Richmond

Ironically Huge Warrior left the ground for the first time at the break and hung around the change rooms.
by wild dog
Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rule Changes for 2016

You forgot about the fourth and probably most important point Simon.
That player who deliberately sends the ball out of bounds via hand or foot and does not get penalized for deliberate.
Changes a grey area when the umps had to guess a players intention into a black and white rule.
It'll make the game more old fashioned with contests up and down the corridors with more speedy play on the outside.
Can't wait!
by Wedgie
Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rule Changes for 2016

How long before the 2 AFL clubs whinge about how hard it is for their players to adapt
by Jim05
Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

You might have a Broad Rectum Booney but West play at City Mazda Stadium
by Brodlach
Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: guess what

Sure didn't take long for Norwood supporters to get annoying did it.
Anyway, era's over, three in a row is all you're getting so enjoy it while you can. I personally believe if you haven't won at least 4 in a row then your club is shit. ;)

We won 6 in a row while you blokes were still knitting - Just enjoy your club whilst you still have one ;)

(and we didn't JUST become annoying, thanks very much :D )
by JK
Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just another way of big noting himself. Kind of like putting a reserved sign on a future "I was first" claim. But I guess some people have so little that validation from anonymous people on a forum is an achievement.
by Grahaml
Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big Phil wrote:Expect the Dogs to announce another signing soon - another player fresh off an AFL list...

Who? Sick of this knowing but not saying rubbish..
by norwood8
Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Draw

The lights are fantastic at Norwood oval.
Easily the best in suburbia.
by VALE PARK
Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Full 2016 SANFL Draw

Harden up some of you. I expect none of you will attend another SANFL game the way some carry on.

Credit to Sturt for trying to make things work. Obviously said , well no Crows fans rock up at Unley so why not try and make some money by exploring a collaborative agreement. Hats off to clubs that actually THINK .
Any club which could THINK would have voted NO to this shemozzle in the first place.
by Pseudo
Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Full 2016 SANFL Draw

are you that silly BOTB?
Pretty sure everyone else can see what Dutchy is saying. you scratch my back il scratch yours!

If that is true and I nor do you know its true , then why not ? Is it not smart to think about the big picture. Like I keep saying , I am against the AFL teams in but if our clubs are smart enough to make more money out of it then why not. Hardly a home ground advantage for them. Can''t believe the short sight of some.

But if it was done to secure the NAB cup game at Unley then it stinks

Centrals haven't given up a home game against the Crows - and they secured a NAB cup game at Elizabeth so not sure that theory holds too much water.
by Hazydog
Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Appoint Glenn Elliot as CEO

Magellan wrote:What were the criticisms of Elliott's first stint as CEO at the Bay?

And North ?

I'd get sued
by Wedgie
Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Who's the poster who's gone into hiding?

Anyhoo, I would've thought that Glenelg's prickly financial situation is more a fault of the board and less to do with the introduction of the AFL reserves sides (although this would be a factor in falling revenue like lower memberships and match-day attendances).

What is the $3 million debt owed to the council and the bank for?
by Magellan
Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where to for Glenelg

am Bays wrote:Image

Doesn't look like you am bays ?

:lol:
Classic reply !
by mal
Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 Season Predictions

Port
Adelaide
Eagles
South
Norwood
Centrals
West
Glenelg
Sturt
North

The 60 rotation cap will favour the two AFL sides greatly.
by DOC
Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 Centrals vs North

Feel sorry for the Chooks fans, listened to patches and they sound like a deadset rabble. At least they can sleep comfortably at night knowing their club is the most profitable in the comp
by Jim05
Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R2: North v Norwood - Sunday 3 April @ Prospect Oval

Bounce of the ball wrote:I hope North show some fight and give their supporters some hope.

If not, there's always $5 stouts at the RSL. ;)
by Magellan
Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |