Search found 10 matches

Return

Re: SACA apply to CA

I think we have to look at the big picture hear. There was an opportunity to have an international act open the new adelaide oval . It was the only possible time it could be done before AFL season. THE SHIELD FINALISTS aren't even decided yet, so the descion had to be made 50000+ people compared to a possible 5000_10000MAX its a no brainer. The return in dollars is undeniable The Adelaide oval is now a multipurpose venue & it has to be utilised to its max at every opportunity. Unfortuately this has just been bad timing for the redbacks. At the end of the day if they win the shield then no one will care where they played
I think this type of thing should be a rareity as far as double bookings
by philcas
Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

As much as I was not in favour of the two afl teams having reserves sides in the sanfl. Those sanfl supporters who continually bagg the clubs are generally other afl club supporters. Now please bear in mind most afl clubs have reserves in the state league competition.Are you happy that they have invaded the old vfa as well or is that differant.
by philcas
Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Foxtel Cup 2014

As a Norwood supporter & member I am very angry how our club has treated & disrespected this competition. As a far as I am concerned they have let themselves, our supporters, members & sponsors down & have lost some respect from everyone in the football community that we have worked hard to gain over the last 136 years
I respect & am proud of the guys who played for the NFC last night. & know they did their very best.
I can not accept putting a team on the park not capable of competing let alone winning
I love winning & I can accept a loss but I can not accept what we did as a club last night
I have made my point in an email to the club asking for an apology
If we are to play in a competition we should have enough pride to give ourselves the very best opportunity to win or at least be competitive. & not lose respect because it didn't quite suit us.
by philcas
Wed May 28, 2014 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 - Norwood v Adelaide @ Coopers Stadium (Sat T 2

I am stagard crows have dropped grigg & bought back laird
Grigg is a ball winner &good disposal laird is no where near as clean. Personally I would have dropped wright started Grigg off half forward in the crows & had jenkins as the reserve Grigg needs game time in AFL Not SANFL
by philcas
Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Congratulations Norwood

Thanks for the award but Unfortuately it doesnt get us the Thomas Seymour cup.
we are not playing on a level playing field our salary cap is far less than the PAM's. this problem will be around for as long as afl reserves are playing in the SANFL Should the AFL side be successful it is more than likely follow in the SANFL.
So even with the new restrictions this wont change things much.
Very hard for local teams to match this the talent pool in the afl goes much deeper than SANFL can . Then you have the extra acces to training & medical facilities
yep good idea
SANFL clubs have to work 10 times harder to develop the juniors then the cream get drafted to afl clubs possibly play against them. They get 7 days a week to train & provided other opportunities to develop their future lifestyle after footbal
How can SANFL clubs compete with that with limited funds &resources.
by philcas
Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Club Memberships

Can we all please let it go about the sanfl clubs voted on AFL clubs reserves. The curret arrangement was always going to happen regardless how many voted for it . It is obvious that any other result would have put the sanfl clubs in a financial predicament in the future that would see some clubs fold.
by philcas
Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

With The PAPs out of the AFL finals race watch the manipulation of their SANFL side begin. I am not sure how this works but with 3 rounds to go
I fear stacking is on the cards.
by philcas
Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2nd Semi Final - WWT v West Adelaide

Again I see eagles were advantaged by the free kick count
Can some one please tell me how they do it.as it doesn't matter how they are travelling win ,lose or draw they get full advantage in this area
It boggles the mind how they get it
I think the count was 10 -2 late in the second quater that's pretty handy
by philcas
Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Grand Final - Eagles v West - Sun 27/9/15

Well I have come along to see the Gf as a nutral supporter & I get asked why is a Norwood supporter here wearing my red legs gear
My Reply " Just Habbit"
by philcas
Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Grand Final - Eagles v West - Sun 27/9/15

Well done bloods well deserved they won everything but the free kick count. What a surprise Eagles winning that . Fair dinkum how the he'll does that happen
by philcas
Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |