Search found 253 matches

Return

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

Mr Beefy wrote:I know applications haven't closed yet

Applications close tomorrow

New coach announced today.. Interesting!

When ya know ya know I guess
by human_torpedo
Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

Cash 123 wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:Congratulations to Steamboat. Great appointment.

If Rosewater don't make finals next year I will drink a glass of my own pi$$ and post it on SAFooty. :shock:

There will be a long list of applicants wanting to provide that pi$$

Shame only one person qualifies to provide said pi$$
by human_torpedo
Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

no_remorse28 wrote:Ingle Farm B Grade advertising for a new coach? Saw this years coach interviewing yesterday for another coaching position..

Facing a mirror during the interview is that how you saw it?
by human_torpedo
Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

Thoughts on second innings bonus points? I like the idea that second innings runs/wickets bonus points should only be rewarded if the game is won outright.. Having to go and field for an hour on the second day of the game that has no chance of an outright result genuinely turns people off 2 day cricket, especially in B/C grades..

People will say all points count and what if it comes down to half a point in the race for finals, well I'd prefer the side who plays better first innings cricket be rewarded with finals than the side who got an extra point or 2 because they took some cheap dead rubber wickets at the end of day 2.. Just my thoughts
by human_torpedo
Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

You know whats more annoying than people not naming players in rumoured moves.. People harping on about it.. If he doesn't want to name them initially then so be it, especially if he controls the clubs social media, why would he step on his own toes by naming them on here before the club official announcement? And at least the fans know the club are actively working to recruit when he announces something is imminent..
by human_torpedo
Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:few of the Houghton boys carved up the circuit at mawson lakes tonight quality run

Front bar to the TAB machine?

If that method got you in shape for a footy season my preparation would have been elite every year!
by human_torpedo
Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It saddens me no end that I follow the same team as you Holden78.. Some of the dribble you spill out on here is astounding
by human_torpedo
Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big Phil wrote:Could a player be tempted into a return back to his original SANFL club?

I think a player could be tempted to return to his original club Phil yes. Im sure its happened before
by human_torpedo
Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So why would any of these blokes from Para Hills wanna leave a club that has just won a Div 5 premiership and want to play in Div 6 with a team that is maybe a 50/50 chance of playing finals. Hmmmm maybe a bit of $$$$$$ getting thrown around.
Yes.. We have spent 120,000 on player payments this year - every A grader gets min $100 a game and we cover their fees and kit them out in full club apparel.

If you're gonna dribble crap on matters you aren't privy to details on then may as well make it a really good story .. :roll:

Yeh, because no one ever does that around here..
by human_torpedo
Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Appears Ingle Farm have claimed Brahma Lodge's title from last off season as this years off season premiers.. Cant be beaten
by human_torpedo
Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RS, is your keyboard missing the full stop and comma buttons? I run out of breath reading your posts mate..

I do look forward to running out a finger bun to OKC when we come across Ingle Farm.. Hopefully Zartan doesn't get to it first and clean the icing off first though
by human_torpedo
Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Robb_Stark wrote:Zedman don't know you but I'd assume you had people with in the club ready to jump on you at first chance they got....,

Think you missed the point of his post.. Which doesn't shock me
by human_torpedo
Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Still haven't discovered punctuation Robb Stark. Christ mate do you take a breath when you talk? or pause at all? Generally that is when you would use a comma or full stop, just for future referencing.. 150 A grade games at Pooraka, I wish they did more to keep such a legend around the club so you would fill a different thread with your utter garbage.. Over it and its only mid January
by human_torpedo
Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why have the PAP smears got a Reserves side for if not to top up their first team??????

Or take a tall from Academy as isn't that what it's meant to produce?

Just proves they want everything, for nothing, because the SANFL is weak enough to listen!

Earth to Davies...... Reality, remember ??

Further to the above, someone said that the PAPs Reserves side has stolen an indigenous player from North Adelaide?
Can anyone enlighten us?

Not the greatest choice of words I wouldn't have thought..
by human_torpedo
Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Precisely. By the sounds of it, Brahma aren't holding him back because they feel like being pricks about it. It seems the way it all went about was a lack of respect from the clubs point of view. Which is fair enough. They have the right to due diligence with all contractual matters..

Players seem to want it all 1 way a bit these days. If a club doesn't hold up their end of a contract its panic stations and mud slinging, but if a player doesn't withhold his end of the deal it seems like they cry foul as well.. If a club is expected (as it should) to uphold their side of the contract signed, then so should the player
by human_torpedo
Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Appealing for timed out with an over rate penalty hanging over your head after go-slow tactics from the opposition sounds fairly reasonable to me to be honest..
by human_torpedo
Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Medal: Sumner
Goal kicker: McNeil
GF: WS v WC

B grade coach of the year: Zartan
by human_torpedo
Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A1 - PAOC 158 vs Pooraka
A2 - Hope valley 0/95 Defeated Woody South 92
A3 - Penfield 141 vs Modbury 3/18
B1 - Pooraka 145 vs PAOC 0/5
B2 - Para Hills 132 vs Marion 3/35
B3 - SHOC 162 vs PAOC
C1 - Port Districts 8/182 vs Pooraka
C2 - Gaza vs SPOC - No update???
C3 - Marion 171 vs Para Hills

SHOC batted on the Saturday and rocked up on the Sunday to a freshly mown oval.

PAOC all out for 70.

Just relieved they rocked up at all.. We didn't have the pleasure of them doing that in round 6 this season..
by human_torpedo
Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Its Ingle Farms flag to lose in both grades
by human_torpedo
Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1 spot for you to go or gonski ;)
Reckon I might get the same treatment you copped from West Croydon after taking them to a prelim? :D

Actually wouldn't mind being moved on - can go back to enjoying beers on the sideline and being a critical expert of everyone :lol:

And there is the kick in the nuts :lol:

You all already are a critical expert of everyone, don't need beers for that. ;)

We sure are, but its just so fun though!
by human_torpedo
Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don't know what you mean, I think he needs another 17 games, maybe more in the B grade before he is considered or A grade ;)
by human_torpedo
Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fitzroy raging favourites in both grades.. Anything outside of 2 Roys wins would send shock waves through the comp
by human_torpedo
Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How it isn't an automatic ban for anyone who brings this subject up is beyond me
by human_torpedo
Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R3: Eagles v Adelaide - Sunday 10 April @ Maughan Thiem

On Sundays game, I think the Eagles were actually quite good. But just out worked by superior size and fitness in the end, which is always going to happen when the opposition is stacked full of that kind of quality.. The handball - kick ratio was higher than usual, however it was almost necessary due to the press the Crows implemented. Couple that with the tricky cross breeze and kicking through the press would have been fraught with danger, so they handballed their way through it, and it worked to a degree, its just such an energy sapping way of playing and it showed in the end as the Crows just wore them down.. If we play like that every week I think we beat most sides to be honest, so its not all doom and gloom as compared to the Noarlunga debacle the week before..
by human_torpedo
Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think he knows that, hence why he said it
by human_torpedo
Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sumner be on some good coin.........when we played against him back when he was at eastern park was playing good football then will require a hard tag most weeks
If that's the Sumner that was at Golden Grove they think he's a dud and was only just being selected in the As
Won the B & F at EP in 2014 I reckon before going to GG in 2015 IIRC

S Demon...correct, Jetters...I know a few from GG that rated him too...big difference (as you often point out) between D3 and D6 so I think he will be a welcome inclusion to our B grade . R Stark....I love how you assume people always transfer for 'coin'....not necessarily the case...but we will let you continue to assume :roll:

Even bigger drop from D3 round 1 to div 6R round 2 :roll: Assuming the named sides are smoke and mirrors then? ;)

Third club in 3 consecutive games.. Marc Cox would be proud
by human_torpedo
Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Would like to extend my thanks to the TOS supporters who thought it would be a great idea to hurl abuse and swear constantly at my 13yo boundary umpire in the B grade, who finished the game in tears..

.. Now I've got to find another volunteer, and unfortunate that a young kid has been turned away.

Stay classy pack of tossers

Thats very disappointing to hear. Thats not the image the club would like to have presented publicly. We of all clubs should understand how hard it is to obtain volunteers on match days, thus my disappointment in the matter..

I won't be engaging in a slanging match or anything like that, if this was the case we apologise and accept our actions aren't good enough and will be dealing with it internally. However, the 'stay classy' line was a bit rich one would think..
I'm pretty confident the rules of the league say any boundary or goal umpire need to be 14 years of age?

Irrelevant. 13, 14 or 40 years of age. Volunteers shouldn't be the subject of any abuse. As anyone shouldn't really. But players and coaches are generally happy to engage in a bit of banter.. volunteers, especially kids, shouldnt be..
by human_torpedo
Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:
Q. wrote:You'd be surprised, you tend to run to capacity regardless of oval size

I can confirm this - no matter the oval size, I struggle to run more than 20m

I don't know about that, I saw you run pretty hard to try and take that mark on the goal line Saturday ;)
by human_torpedo
Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

one of them is lucky to be 5 foot 5 and looked like he had been having a field day in the paddock rather then the trainning track i nicknamed him tubby duck cause he also had a waddle :D
Sounds a lot like me :-k

That description scarily describes a fair few of us actually, Had to check Brahma's team sheet to see if I played for them Saturday or not
by human_torpedo
Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

Should be a good tussle between Kadina and Eagles this week.
I'm tipping my Eagle boys to get the job done....just![/quote]

Jack Barlow back this week, Jugger.[/quote]

Hasn't been 100% confirmed but if he is going to play it's a great inclusion.
Bloke can play. Looking forward to watching the hitout.[/quote]

Rumours of a guest player for the Southern Eagles flying in from the top end of Australia, any truth Juddernaught?
by human_torpedo
Thu May 05, 2016 8:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Always rock up to games 2 days early, do ya? ;)

Welcome aboard 8)

Yea I try to get prepared nice and early. Brahma lodge is a bit far out for me though, had to take 2 flights just to get out there.

Look forward to seeing your itinerary for the trip to Trinity then..[/quote]

thats when you organise a bus..get on board and then sit back and relax.. :D[/quote]

Judging by his early preparation methods, the Sack could be training with us that week he will be in Gawler that early..
by human_torpedo
Fri May 06, 2016 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Or Trinity, when the complimentary garlic bread at Fasta Pasta is in scarce supply at selection nights..
by human_torpedo
Tue May 10, 2016 4:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

He's Baaaaaaaaaacccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've missed this
by human_torpedo
Wed May 11, 2016 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No possible way MP have the financial flexibility to fit him in after they pay Morell's coaching fee.. ;)
by human_torpedo
Thu May 19, 2016 5:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If I coached Houghton I could be the size of a house, those chocolate donuts they sell are the best ive ever had..
by human_torpedo
Thu May 19, 2016 5:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That would be because we have both retired mate.. The dead wood has been moved on!
by human_torpedo
Wed May 25, 2016 5:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great work mate! Couldn't source enough information to do an Ingle Farm review? ;)
by human_torpedo
Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by human_torpedo
Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by human_torpedo
Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cant put into words what a shambles of a day Saturday was from beginning to end..

Very lucky to get away with a 6 point win. Morell is heavily under stating his sides effort, had multiple chances to win it but couldn't convert, luckily for us. Umpires were baffling, but that's nothing unusual and certainly not the reason for our lapse. Morell should be proud of his lads effort on the ground, maybe not of their organisational efforts though.. Wilson is a player, almost won the game off his own boot, as good as small forwards get in Div 6R. That bloke they call 'Hulk' makes me glad im retired, genuine monster..

In the A grade, Mitchell Park were in control from beginning to end. Hyde, Maline, Sack of Balls, Power and Nuske were super. Their ability to create turn overs and score from them was elite. I would love to see the stat on that from this game, it would have been more than the difference.. Hyde is silky, really like his game. Power and Maline killed us on the rebound all day, lack of accountability haunting us again. We had no answer to Ballsack's run and carry, his game was as impressive and busy as his hair style..

Being back at home this week sets up an intriguing encounter with Ingle Farm. I think they have a sniff in the A grade, but I think Zartans crew will edge them out in the B grade in a tight one..
by human_torpedo
Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Clubs for 2017

Much prefer that Zartan - At least we would beat Hamley and AVFC!! I hope
by human_torpedo
Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We are an Old Scholars club - No juniors. No Netball. We operate on $0 playing budget and would be so far from competitive in that league it wouldn't be funny.. Some contributing factors
by human_torpedo
Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Its a ridiculous discussion to even have.. SFL bloke just trying to shuffle their sh!t onto another league and kicking up a stink when the league knock them back
by human_torpedo
Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Would be what we deserve from this season..

But it doesn't change the fact that you are an idiot
by human_torpedo
Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My mother is a lovely lady, leave her out of this..

Why would both div 7 GF's come up and 3 be relegated from div 6 when its not happening in the 3 divisions higher? Wouldn't div 7 line up with whats happening in all other grades so the premier goes up and 2 get relegated?

My observation isn't from just that comment, I have 3000+ posts of evidence to back up my statement
by human_torpedo
Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Perfect case scenario..

Mawson Lakes beat Fitzroy
Ingle Farm beat Houghton
Fitzroy beat Houghton (Sorry Q)
Trinity beat Mawsons

Trinity would qualify for finals with 6 wins and a draw.. Outrageous
by human_torpedo
Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:
morell wrote:We'd be happy with it. Lets make it happen pls

lol, nah mate, we'll be winning our next two, sorry

We have spoken about this Q. Happy for you to beat Mawsons and Fitzroy, but have to lose to Ingle Farm. That was the deal
by human_torpedo
Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How will TOS approach this week :-?

A Grade will need to rely on Fitzroy losing to play finals, they cant get relegated though - and with morel's meadow choking on the weekend their B grade are as good as locked for that 5th spot.. Will they concede it's been a poor season, and bolster their B grade stocks this week heading into finals?
Trying to win both grades as we do every week..

Not in a position to be bolstering B grade, and why would we do that when they couldn't play finals anyway? Both grades need to win on the weekend then results need to go our way to feature in the finals and that's all we will be trying to do.. You're a 95% chance of playing finals in the reserves mate.
Yeh my comment about couldn't play finals was referring to the players who we would be 'bolstering' our B grade with.. They wouldn't qualify and would need to be dropped for finals so why would we bother doing it? Plus A grade are still (somehow) alive in the finals race and that is the focus
by human_torpedo
Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Timmy wouldn't have half his goals without Cossi. Umpires know this, they are clever beasts those umpires
by human_torpedo
Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ingle Farm Football Club are pleased to announce the reappointment of Paul Manuel for season 2017. We are very lucky to have a coach with Paul's experience and knowledge at our club. Congratulations Paul

Also congratulations to Darren "Moff" Murphy who plays game 250 tomorrow.

well done to Paul and the IFFC..good continuity and stability..what about the rotund B grade coach? ;)
His manager has been busy from what I have heard Zed
by human_torpedo
Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |