Search found 47 matches

Return

Re: Rnd 1 - North v Adelaide @ Prospect (Sun 6/4)

I hope Lewis kicks a bag and North get thrashed.
by on the rails
Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Championship Discussion 2013/14

Hopefully my last post on the Championship thread for a long time!

Just in case you all forgot given we romped the league weeks ago - adios! :D

LCFC 2014 CHAMPIONS.jpg
by on the rails
Mon May 05, 2014 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brad Symes Announces Retirement

tigerpie wrote:How many did Grocke get for that?

Not enough and hopefully the next time the teams meet Laird picks a thug just to finish Grocke off so justice is served and hopefully scars him enough to fvck his pretty boy modelling career.
by on the rails
Mon May 05, 2014 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Tipper - Bohdan is a lying ****( as is Greg Edwards) and well past his use by date. They sold the NAFC out with the yes vote to the Crows model and despite assurances that the Port model would be the same, sold the NAFC and the SANFL out on that as well. My comments also apply to the other sell out Presidents.

Now we have the farcical situation in which a comp with just 10 teams has 3 different sets of rules in terms of playing conditions. I am not an expert on all sport worldwide but consider myself well versed and researched and I cannot find at a high level any other sporting comp that has a similar farcical set up as the SANFL? Really surprised that Whicker and co. haven't used this as a unique selling point? :roll:

Anyhow the NAFC have lost my 7 family members for good. Lucky the pokies are more of a priority than members at Prospect given the contempt the Board and Management have for their member / supporter base.
by on the rails
Wed May 14, 2014 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Potential mature age recruits from SANFL

whufc wrote:Jarrod Schiller in an AFL sense

-too slow
-too small
-doesn't kick enough goals.

Does he remind you of anyone you know? :-)
by on the rails
Wed May 28, 2014 8:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

LOL Not rocket science is it my old friend!
by on the rails
Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA Footy Hall of Fame Night

Only the SANFL could fvck up the official player profile. Darel Hart coached North in his second stint from 2001-2003 and no mention that he captained North's 87 premiership and won a Jack Oatey medal in 91. I know they have limited space but attention to date detail at least!
by on the rails
Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA COMMUNITY FOOTBALL BOARD ELECTED

Another excuse for bludgers to dine out on the SANFL $$$ led by the fattest of fat cats and let's face it this committee or board will be the like the rest of the SANFL - guided by what is best for the AFL not Australian Rules Football!
by on the rails
Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL scheduling - First week of finals announced

FFS the SANFL is a dying joke!
by on the rails
Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Elimination Final - South v Eagles @ AO (Sat N 30/8)

Eagal05 wrote:Unlike some, I only "vent" when and where it's warranted!

Who are the WWWT? No relation to your sellout President by any chance? :roll:
by on the rails
Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014/15

North will pay the Bay's to take McGregor - that will help both clubs!
by on the rails
Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Yes and no. UK rarely posts about Centrals, hardly ever posts anything positive and usually just runs in, throws a hand grenade and runs for cover.

Kettle, pot and black - see if you can put them in a sentence with some other words - sums you up beautifully!
by on the rails
Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As much as I am enjoying the bay bashing - to be fair I don't think you could criticise how the GFC handled this matter overall and they made a strong timely decision. Not sure any of our clubs would have done it better to be honest?
by on the rails
Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg FC

Further to my earlier post - the two clubs that voted NO were not penalised, both still got their AFL Funded dividend and were no better or worse off than the 6 clubs who voted Yes. The spin doctors who point to crowd stats to support the argument about their inclusion are people who can't see that stats can be manipulated to suit an arguement depending on what view / angle you take.

I have read just about all the Clubs financial reports for 2014 and I cannot see anywhere in any of the figures where the inclusion of AFL Clubs into our comp helped or looks like helping long term re the perilous situations some clubs find themselve in re revenue and servicing large debts. I think personally that the situation will get worse over time and the spin fed by the likes of Trigg and Chapman re the $$$ windfall would bring the SANFL will prove to be what it is - a bunch of lies.
by on the rails
Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg FC

Your comment re the vote being a "club's decision" is a moot point.

When I attended the Information Night (The lets lie to the members meeeting) at North, the President said to the assembled masses that regardless of what the members wanted or what the Board wanted (North's Board voted unanimously against the AFL teams coming in) that the Presidents had the right to vote how they felt and for what was in the best interests of the SANFL and Football in general in SA.

Bohdan made it clear that regardless of what the members and the board thought he would vote based on his feelings which no doubt as a League Director where influenced and pressured from the likes of Whicker and Co. and those useless fat cat drunks who parade as the Commission. He (Bohdan) not 18 months earlier addressed a Presidents lunch and was publically deadset against any AFL Teams fielding reserves sides in our comp - both in the Seniors and the Reserve Grade.

Anyone who thinks he was not "got at" is a fool and I suspect others like Chiggy, Slaven and certainly Tripodi where all got at hence the YES vote.
by on the rails
Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re:

According to ch 9 news Lewis Johnston set to join also. If this extends into season proper then North lose their two key recruits for 2015 so the impact is massive but regardless of $$$ compensation and freeing up salary cap space where the hell do you get equal replacements 6 weeks out from start of season??? YOU CAN'T!!!

Afl continues to **** the lower leagues and the SANFL bends over again!
by on the rails
Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Former Bays Coach gets 8 months Jail

I agree JK but I have seen worse get no custodial. Hopefully this will serve as some sort of warning that no matter who you are you cannot expect to get away with any sort of violence towards anyone and domestic violence is abhorrent and cowardly.
by on the rails
Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Reserve sides and those extra crowd predictions

Whatever happens re end of the season the SANFL has to force Port to have exactly the same model as the Crows when they do the annual review. 10 team comp with 3 different sets of playing rules could only happen in the circus trading as the SANFL!
by on the rails
Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

gossipgirl wrote:oh hum oh hum sulking off we go again :oops:

What do you exactly mean by this statement???

Either say what you really think or don't bother having childish pot shots because others opinions or comments don't suit your argument / agenda!
by on the rails
Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 4 - Norwood v Port @ Adelaide Oval (Fri N 24/4)

Some of you really need to get over the sooking. It ain't guna change. Right or wrong.

How do you know what will happen in the future?

If people don't protest or voice up their opinion then how can any hope of change occur. The SANFL fat cats, the 6 clubs that voted yes and the AFL would love a submissive accepting SANFL public.
by on the rails
Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wasn't it the Crows who publically said they would bring an extra 4000 per game and when that pie in the sky prediction was shot to bits by all and sundry they claimed they meant their average attendance per game total spectatotors would be 4000 again more ambitious bullshit!
by on the rails
Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood VS Adelaide

The SANFL is a farce if the Crows are allowed to get away with moving this. Surely then the spineless SANFL fat cats who are supposed to be auditing and reviewing the AFL Reserves situation need to put their collective feet down and tell them to get f..ked and whilst they are at it change ASAP the Port model so it is exactly the same as the Crows model.
by on the rails
Mon May 04, 2015 12:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2014/2015

Could we see all 3 promoted teams staying up this season? Southampton have lost alot of players they will struggle along with West Ham and maybe West Brom? I don't know much from the teams coming up to judge them yet.
History says atleast 1 will go down.
Leicester for me are the favourites to go straight back down, Burnley will be in a scrap all year but I think QPR will finish mid table and well clear of the drop.
West Ham and Sunderland to join Leicester in the drop IMO

BUMP - LESTA!
by on the rails
Sun May 17, 2015 3:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2015 Attendance Comparisons Thread

Ohh good on Sturt for their comments and their proactively re match day experience but if they were struggling on field I can bet their numbers at matches and after would suffer as do all struggling clubs.
by on the rails
Wed May 20, 2015 12:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: state squad announced to take on WAFL

I couldn't care less if we won or lost but to have Cornes (who has literally missed a whole generation of footballers since he last coached) & that other clown Rowe as chairman of selectors smacks of desperation and in way is deadset laughable - not unlike what the SANFL has turned into.

Yep - another AFL Shambles!
by on the rails
Sun May 24, 2015 6:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live EPL Scores 2014/15

Leicester City 5 - 1 QPR. I am very very angry that despite Foxtel advertising even tonight on TV and on net that every EPL game shown Iive in full, 3 games were not shown tonight including Foxes game so no joy for me - have to watch replay 0730hrs today! The final round is the only 1 of season that has all 10 games on at same time so Foxtel thinking we will be lazy cheating greedy cvnts and cut 3 games with supposed small supporter bases and nil on the line re relegation etc. Regardless Foxtel, despite 3 calls to them tonight, claim a technical issue which is crap. If I breached a contract to them then they would take action for sure so why should they not be made to pay and compensate. I am going to annoy the shit out of them over this!

Not Happy! :-(
by on the rails
Mon May 25, 2015 3:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sack McGregor!

Coach fronting the board tomorrow - make sure Bohdan goes too!
by on the rails
Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 SANFL Retirements

Coad great player. Duldig is one player who annoyed the "beejesus" out of me because he always seemed to save his best for when he played against North.

Wish them both the best.
by on the rails
Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Tribunal News & Discussions

Would have happened in the 70's and 80's
by on the rails
Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Adelaide announce Josh Carr as new Coach

[qucote="another grub"]$100 k per season.[/quote]

A signifantly more larger amount true North of $150k.
by on the rails
Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who will coach Sturt ?

Ken McGregor says hi!
by on the rails
Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

Geez Summerton must love budgetting on his $400 per game! Remarkable how that much money made him stay given how much he publically slammed the PAFC Reserves model initially. Strong brown paper bags at Alberton.
by on the rails
Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2015/2016

Might only be for a week who knows but this time last year / season right through to late April we were bottom and gone now Leicester City is "top of the league"! Also Jamie Vardy can set the new scoring record next week at home against Manchester United! What a day for us long suffering Foxes tragics!
"Top of the league, top of the league, we're Leicester City and we're top of the league!"
by on the rails
Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Elizabeth & Unley to Host NAB Cup Games

Prospect's a poor ground lacking elevated viewing and is devoid of atmosphere (particularly at the bowling club end). Oh, and it had a weird smell about it and generally ugly looking patrons...

Prospect lacks elevated viewing to a degree at the Northern End but you must be blind or dumb (or both) if you claim the rest of our ground doesn't have elevated viewing. As for a weird smell - that's rich coming from a supporter who beloved club uses a part oval, part parkland steeped in dog shit! At least we can walk around and have multiple options re viewing whereas Unley Oval you are essentially locked into 1 half only.

What will AFL do about the kiddies blackboard that masquerades as a scoreboard along with it being a very cramped and small playing durface - we can expect plenty of goals from inside centre square that game. AFL could make it 15 a side and take out both CHF lines.

I suspect this post was to to "troll" to get a bite from Wedgie but I bit instead! ☺
by on the rails
Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Best & Fairest Winners

Steve Summerton wins the Magpies B&F ahead of Tom Logan and Kane Mitchell

And Summo awarded Life Membership of the PAFC, as well...

Yeah but will ALWAYS be remembered fondly by most for unusually having the guts to be honest and say it like we all know

It's the Power Ressies =D>

Two faced mercenary - bagged the whole AFL Reserves concept re the PAFC but amazingly took the Captaincy of the "magpies" at $400 per game. FFS anyone who thinks the PAFC are playing within the set rules re top up players is living in a different world. Just ask the plethora of ex Magpies playing at the real SANFL clubs.
by on the rails
Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Draw

If the league directors had any balls they should have served notice to the PAFC and rid the league of the "magpies" reserves comp team and the Academy farce. That will sort out the facical draw issues re the Reserves at least.

The league directors and the SANFL hierachy needs to hold them accountable re the lies about developing the Academy players where the truth is the development is done by the SANFL clubs e.g. the issues Kris Grant raised plus the issues the NAFC are having re Keiran Agius and Port trying to hoodwink him, keep him out of the NAFC system and claim his development. Selfish bunch of leeching cheats = PAFC!
by on the rails
Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For us tragic long suffering Lesta fans this run is unbelievable but still taking it one game at a time. Just nice to be at the pointy end and enjoying life!

My wife is on course to win $65,000 AUD if we win league and top four will give her $3,000.00 - both $20 outlays! Also have Vardy as top scorer $5,000.00 for $2.00 outlay if that happens! Sportsbet are now offering cash out on top 4 and Vardy as leading scorer in PL but hanging off offering cash out.

Unbelievable !
by on the rails
Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Full 2016 SANFL Draw

I agree Wedgie - no byes was one of the selling point "lies" of AFL Reserves inclusion.

Apparently a number of clubs are very angry about the draw. Time they grow balls and take back control and let the 8 traditional clubs run the comp. Simple really!
by on the rails
Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Norwood did well with their last minute AFL Reserves turn around. Recruiting restrictions lifted re cap breaches and they got Ports zone.

All we got was fu$kin McGregor!!!
by on the rails
Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good luck re managing his off field stuff. He was a major catalyst re the "off field social problem" that have cost a few players at Prospect. Interestingly a number of other clubs turned him flat down when he was peddling for a game.
by on the rails
Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: financial projections

Very true Graham. Although my club have been careful re spending along with sensible debt reduction, all we need is a decent down turn re gaming revenue plus a drop in meal and liqour sales at our two venues then we would have to re forecast and plan again. The only benefit for us over next few years that the SANFL dividends re sale of AAMI will cover our entire debt without us having to worry about finding additional money to service that along with the usual yearly increase in expenses running a SANFL club. This of course is unless we choose to spend more which is likely as we are looking at a $700k upgrade / change at Prospect Oval. We also have significant cash reserves sitting in interest earning accounts as a safety back up. We just need to pull our finger out on field.

As I have said before repeatedly - we need the clubs to wrestle back control of our comp and all ensure that the 8 clubs are viable and competitive otherwise the comp is doomed.
by on the rails
Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Of course you Power people always manage to try and deflect and put your spin on it to always look like the good guys that includes dressing your Reserves side up in B&W and callling them the Magpies. Give the majority on here some credit - we are able to see through the smoke, mirrors and bullshit coming from Alberton as it has happened for years.
by on the rails
Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where to for Glenelg

Bounceoftheball - do you actually know these blokes from Glenelg - i assume not???

Dedja is in a position at the club that procludes him from commenting on public forums so again you shoot your big mouth off without fact and Gordon won the Club Person / Volunteer of the Year for the GFC and some of the others you also mention do alot to support and assist their club beyond what the normal member / supporter does.

Just because they don't post on these forums as much as previous years (and that applies to many of us who support other clubs) doesn't mean they don't care and are not doing their bit to help their club.

My advice to you is go buy a broom and rid yourself of sweeping statements - mind you that seems to be your only skill!
by on the rails
Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Meanwhile in the Midlands "little" Lesta continue the dream!
by on the rails
Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trial games

So Jim is allowed to post shit and any reply is deleted?. Moderators on this site are fickle and inconsistent!

Not going to be bothered with this site from this point on as it is clearly run by kne set of rules for some and the rest of us who cares!
by on the rails
Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: where are they now? Ex-SANFL players

John Riley is one of my favourite all time players. Champion on and off the field!
by on the rails
Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |