Search found 21 matches

Return

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 1 - 2015

I love how often Safooty's collective panties get in a bunch over subjective terms like "a while".

Who cares
by jo172
Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Loves to talk footy....

Aloisi, 3 clubs in less than 2 years.

That kind of player would not be wanted and definitely not paid a cent at a 'successful' club.

If you pay him a $ (after he and players like him abandoned you when you needed them most.... actually isn't Aloisi also abandoning SW in a similar situation??) you are a bunch of fools.

You admit youve got it wrong in the past, but your way of fixing it is by doing the same thing again??
by Jetters
Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

jo172 wrote:For what it's worth Albert Einstein's definition of insanity:

doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

by Lightning McQueen
Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 3 - 2015

What ever happened to the principle of seeking a flag and getting promotion? If you're in the comp you're in it to win it, surely? If you make the GF you should go up. If you can't go up because you don't have numbers or the cash (the latter would suggest you might be trading insolvent), should you have any choice other than to fold for the season, get yer act together, and start off again at Div 7. That's incentive enough to either make it work or make a tough call.
IMO (and I am not arrogant enough to think this is the only way to look at it) spend the money on developing a culture and a feeder source. Juniors, or linking with local schools to develope a good relationship, or both, is where the focus should be, not throwing money at flags and blowing your reputation. Yes, it is inevitable that some inducements need to be made, especially as you climb into higher grades, but within your means and with eyes on next year and beyond. Premierships are only worth winning if they build your club history and culture, not if they send you broke.
by BigB
Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Let's not forget Goodwood U18' won flag as well in 2014. So four from four. 18's are coming through to play senior football at the club so the pathway is laid out as is C's and B's. Isn't that how you run a footy club.
by Notfromaroundhere
Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah what were they thinking! Getting the opportunity to have your side play a Curtin raiser to an AFL game...... I mean gee wiz who would take that up! :roll:
by carey
Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C1 - season 2015

well what a thrilling start to the season, after 5 rounds the top 5 sides are all sitting on 4 wins & 1 loss

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/comp_info.cgi?c=1-114-0-336322-0&pool=1&a=LADDER

an amazing situation and C1 is certainly rolling out to be the most exciting division across the C9AFL so far

*Evidently Adelaide Uni won with a kick on the siren, but sustained a serious injury to the 2014 C1 Medalist #6 Callum Rohde. It may be interesting to hear a report/run down from that game.
*SHOC were a different team back at Home after being smashed by the Blacks last week. This week on their Main Oval the young College Boys dominated Goodwood Saints for 4 quarters, running out deserved 39 point winners. Personally I think SHOC have a real asset with their "Big Man" in the middle.
*ROCS kept in touch with the 5, with a comfortable win over Districts.
*Athelstone continue to win and very comfortably on Saturday, "Raggies" are the Real Deal!
*It would be interesting to hear about the Henley v SPOC match a lot closer than many would have expected.

Not sure what it is about Walkerville but they match up well on this version of the Blacks; the last three games has seen a draw, and under a goal win to either side. They certainly had better cattle than earlier in the season. We probably took it a bit easy and I know we can play better and they've a few forwards that are difficult in any one on one contest. Walkerville at Walkerville will not be easy.
Rohdey got run through as he was beginning to take off for a lead, blindsided is probably the best description. The guy certainly meant to knock him over but I doubt he meant to break his jaw.
I think this week will see all five sides go to 5 and 1 and those upcoming clashes between the top 5 will go all over the place depending on where the games are played as much as anything.
That's on top of our bog in the first two games tearing his hamstring off the bone and a few broken bones. Sometimes footy sucks.

Genuinely sad to hear about Callum Rohde, quality opponent on the field and I understand a very nice guy off the field. Yeah injuries suck!
I hope it doesn't stop him returning to footy and his recovery is straight forward - we want see him out there again soon.

Genuinely top shelf guy. And possibly the state's scariest looking primary school teacher.
by finn
Tue May 19, 2015 11:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:Wonder if Smithfield know Abdulla has gone back to Central United :shock: :lol:

kennedy didnt play last round..fair effort from the bar i reckon.. ;)
by zedman
Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C1 - season 2015

GSFC 12.10 UNI 4.5

well done darth demon!

27th senior flag for the saints i believe..maybe 28 in 5 hours time..
by zedman
Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A month or so ago I said some things about Henleys coach Kym Cobb that related to playing.
I would like to apologise unreservedly about the nature of my flippant comment and wish him well for his future.
He is obviously Pi....d with it and rightly so. A lesson to be learned from a Div 7 person to a Div 1 coach.

Apologies again and thanks for the honesty in our conversation Cobby. Maybe I can learn a bit from you in diplomacy.
Weak, stick to ya cheap shots.

The difference between he and you Jetters is that your a tool and he isn't . Welcome to his world in 2016. Hope he pumps the arse out of you're boys. I'll watch with interest. :D

:shock:

http://media.giphy.com/media/2rwx8sselBykU/giphy.gif
by zedman
Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 1 2016

Can someone confirm if Dylan Jessen signed with Salisbury North or not?

You'd have to think Head Office would love the prospect of that

As far as I'm aware he has kept out of trouble since being released and I hear training hard. There is nothing wrong with giving a bloke with a history another shot at life. Indeed in my view it's admirable.

Around the courts it's a common view that people in organised sports are far less likely to run foul of the law. The sooner people realise that clubs like Salisbury North provide a valuable service to the community the better.

proved you wrong shrek :)

I'm actually with you on this TBS. In my time as coach I've helped a few lads who fell foul of the law, mostly through brain fades. The footy community was a good place for them to be and certainly helped put them back on track.
by Yank Man
Wed May 04, 2016 9:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Load of crap by SAAFL. They want Div 1 to be league full of College teams. Punish the player not the club. SAAFL is the worst run sporting organisation in Australia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The SAAFL have done a brilliant job over the past few years stamping out sh!t behaviour. Players can go out with far more confidence and play footy on Saturday and then continue, business as usual, the next week without the worry of some idiot king hitting them on the footy field.

Clubs can no longer turn a blind eye or plead ignorance that 'we can't control our players, it's not our fault'.

There are no issues with the SAAFL's position for the vast majority of clubs doing the right thing. Not knowing anything about these incidents, but if the SAAFL over step on occasion with their penalties, it's a small price considering what they have achieved in this area.
by Jetters
Fri May 20, 2016 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I reckon this happened at Lockleys a few years back too.

JC in 2010 or 2011 i think..

except i think the difference was that they weren't being relegated that year either (ulness it was 2011 and then they did, I reckon it was 2010)

nah..it was relegation..they played in the GF in 2010..went to div 5 in 2011..lost players and were getting relegated back down..then they had "chicken" for 2012/13 and bradford in 2014..
by zedman
Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

mighty hounds wrote:
Q. wrote:
marbles wrote:Last club to win premierships in all club grades? :D

The once mighty Henley

Flinders Park 2011

phos 2015 - A,B and C

goodwood saints 2014 - A, B, C and U/18s
by zedman
Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 C Grades thread - general discussion

It was wonderful to see what Rocs were able to achieve without their glorious umpire in the finals.
by marbles
Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 C Grades thread - general discussion

It was wonderful to see what Rocs were able to achieve without their glorious umpire in the finals.

See this so often in lower grades that teams that get too supported by their umpire during the year end up failing in finals.

Many personal messages to me this year discussing this particular referee

Also noting the past 2 c1 medalists come from which club :D
by marbles
Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 5 - 2017

we do try and target ex lockleys juniors and seniors a lot..there would be over 10 ex juniors in the A grade squad now..its good for the culture of a club..
by zedman
Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2017

Adelaide Footy League CEO John Kernahan will play a different role this weekend by putting on an umpire’s uniform and becoming a boundary umpire for the Division 1 Reserves game at Goodwood Oval between Goodwood Saints and Payneham Norwood Union. He will be supported by legendary boundary umpire Darren Wilson, who retired from the AFL last year after umpiring in a record 404 AFL games including 12 AFL Grand Finals from 1998 to 2009. Field umpires for the game will be Adelaide Footy League Umpiring Manager Colin Rowston and Sunday Mail columnist Ben Hook .

What do the Goodwood and PNU lads think of their D1R game being umpired by celebrity umpires?
Sure, it's only the B-grade, and a boundary umpire doesn't really matter, but what's the go with a Sunday Mail columnist getting the main gig in the middle?
As a former player he'll know the rules and have a feel for the game, but still seems a strange move.

Ben Hook used to umpire SANFL Reserves, was a very good field umpire. Would have done League footy if stuck with it. Also umpired the first ten or so Slowdowns. He will be better than most umpires they usually get. And boundary umpires do not matter at that level. Great move!
by Eagles2014
Tue May 02, 2017 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 3 - 2018

Huge win by the Dragons on the weekend. They look to have improved a great deal from last year going on that result.

I see approx. 18 clearances in and not many out for them, which is a lot for a club with only two sides.

Did they get a new coach in, or just been aggressively recruiting?

New coach David Piasante gets the dragons off to a winning start with an 80(ish) point win against Portland. Some new young faces played well and some familiar faces were moving well also. 2s lost by a kick unfortunately but some good signs.

new reserves coach as well who knows his stuff..
by zedman
Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 3 - 2018

Huge win by the Dragons on the weekend. They look to have improved a great deal from last year going on that result.

I see approx. 18 clearances in and not many out for them, which is a lot for a club with only two sides.

Did they get a new coach in, or just been aggressively recruiting?

New coach David Piasante gets the dragons off to a winning start with an 80(ish) point win against Portland. Some new young faces played well and some familiar faces were moving well also. 2s lost by a kick unfortunately but some good signs.

new reserves coach as well who knows his stuff..

Makes sense. Cheers zedman. Who's the twos coach? Associate of yours?

yeah, adam morgan..ex goodies, unley jets and before that lockleys..

The blokes a hack ;) Didn't know Morgs was coaching again Zed.... Yes, definitely knows his stuff, and gets the best out of his players.
by citycoaster17
Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2019

SMOSH West Lakes and Semaphore Park football clubs lost one of their greatest club men yesterday with the sad passing of former player and trainer Mark “Shoey” Fitzgerald. Took all the young lads under his wing and supported them right through their playing days across several decades, loved his Red Tins and PAFC, and could chat footy til the Cows came home. The world is poorer for losing such a fantastic bloke, Vale Shoe :(
by JK
Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |