Search found 26 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

This year is the first year we have seen the rule backfire on the association, and i think it will happen more and more in future unless something is changed. I think the league should look at age classes. For instance, association should be compulsory for players under a certain age, e.g. 28 years old (???). Then I think it should be up to clubs to nominate those players outside of this age class, e.g. those >28 years old (??), that are keen to play and hence put their name up for selection. This would ensure that the team is filled mostly of young players that still have a chance of playing at a higher level, but also enables those older players to be involved but doesn't penalise those older players that would prefer a week off. Lets be honest those good enough at 28 years old have probably already represented the league in previous years anyway.
Can definately agree with the age class, I think that's only fair.

Up for discussion tonight - someone must be reading this stuff. Onya SA Footy :D
by Lame Choice
Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Record crowd today eclipsing last year by a bit.
Congrats to all the teams and especially a cheering crowd without any dramas (at least when I left). Well done to Longies - that B grade comeback was gold, 9 goal last quarter!!
An emotional day for the Pies and will be a big night tonight.
by Lame Choice
Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OnSong wrote:
Lame Choice wrote:J Earl BOG. Hard to shake his hand post match with all the media commitments lol: :lol:

Thought Earl, Montgomerie and Clements were stellar today.

Scooter also good in what is probably his last game.
by Lame Choice
Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dogwatcher wrote:How do lose from 41 points up in a B grade game?
9-1 last quarter. Bizarre.

You'd have to ask one of the 25 assistant Ram coaches jammed in the coaches box at 3/4 time drinking Johnnies, ably supported by the A Graders singing "Whey hey hey, - Goodbye". :shock:
by Lame Choice
Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So at this stage it appears there is more people leaving the APFL then joining. I am purely basing all of this on Forum "hear say" which is obviously all credible as it is on the Internet....

Don't discount some emerging talent coming out of the U17s. More exciting than the recycled hasbeens chasing farmers coin.
by Lame Choice
Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All fair points and reasonable discussion. The lack of numbers in the APFL U17 is a problem (has been for some time) and reflects on our association results. I concede that for some kids, a stronger competition would aid faster development. However I don't think we should then dimiss what we have coming through. I merely raised the point that there are some emerging talents that I think are worth looking at rather than the constant speculation of ring-ins on this forum. By all means keep crapping on about who earns the most and who used to be a star is some other league.
Also, if you think the U17 comp is a basket case that we will only get hand fed pretty boys from, then fair enough. I'll beg to differ on that one though.
by Lame Choice
Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Five points on Saturday at Ma-lala:
1. The first quarter was all Mallala and they missed easy chances to score heavily then. Scooter was missing big time.
2. Fiest still has it in spades for this comp.
3. Birchmore will win a mail medal in two-three years - can't believe he wasn't in the best.
4. There were more people at the ground for the junior colts than A grade.
5. First time I've ever seen TW have to hand out jumpers in Senior Colts, although I thought they played ok - should have let the game continue as is.

Also - I think PM#27 might have a spell for the next two games :?
by Lame Choice
Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

oh - and the informer was fabo :D
by Lame Choice
Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wouldn't like to be calling the Balak game this week.
McPharlin x 4
Michael x 4
Ruiz x 2

McPharlin to McPharlin to Michael to McPharlin to Michael to Michael to Ruiz to Ruiz to McPharlin to Michael
by Lame Choice
Fri May 02, 2014 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lame Choice might be able to answer this clearly but they were looking at making it compulsory if you're aged under 28 and non-complusory above that?

..that if any senior player selected for Association games and is 28 years of age or over from the 1st January of that year, has the right to decline selection without penalty from the Adelaide Plains Football League. The APFL are to be notified of their intentions no later than the first training night.
by Lame Choice
Wed May 14, 2014 5:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How can you stop Hamley when their midfielders are hitting the score board as much as they are? Simple answer you can't!!
Huge game for them this weekend though, win and they go into the bye sitting pretty on top. These 5 or so blokes are causing some serious headaches for opposition coaches, you tag Thach and Stribling runs a amuck. Tag Stribling and Thach runs a muck. What would be the sides biggest weakness?

The impending El Niño
by Lame Choice
Mon May 26, 2014 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The league introduced the 'green shirt' boundary umpires a few years back to give young lads a pathway to field umpiring. It was jointly funded between the league and the participating clubs. By mid this year it was apparent that only one club was left involved and that the purpose was not being realised, so the program ceased.
Most clubs now roster preceding game players to do boundary on a volunteer basis. Problem arises if you start paying for boundary umpires, either the league provides them at cost (hard enough to provide field umpires), or the clubs pay for them (which comes from their coffers - either gate or bar profit etc.). There is a strong argument that if you start paying boundary umpires, what about the other volunteers - water boys, goal umpires, time keepers, interchange stewards.....

Boundary umpiring is a bloody tough gig. The club I used to be involved in through the SAAFL used to pay the boundary and goal umpires, the time keeper used to get a drink card, water boys and score board attendants used to get a kitchen voucher to get a pie, packet of chips and a drink or something similar.
the other volunteers used to get looked after at the end of season presentations with token gifts.

Which is great if the clubs are prepared to do this. Considering some player payment arrangements, it makes you wonder where the priorities lie.
by Lame Choice
Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hamley 1-39 Home ground advantage probably the difference. The Pies with a couple more back will be better than last week, but will have to take the long road home
Virginia 40+ Nothing against the peckers, but I think Virginia will win easily.

Onsong - have I won this thing yet?? I've been all but last man standing for the last month or so. What's the prize and where can I pick it up from :D
Here's your prize:
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/048/783/a_winner_is_you20110724-22047-1nd3wif.jpg

WOW :D
A screen save from some retro Asian arcade game. I'm impressed and thanks to all you guys for chipping in.
by Lame Choice
Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My view is that finishing bottom is acceptable if the club fosters a community environment that is inclusive to those who live there. If the family enjoys going to their sport on Saturdays, does a club really need to throw around volunteer/donor generated money for their own self indulgence?

Let's not forget senior footy is a competitive sport, it's not really acceptable to finish bottom.

It's not colts. Finishing bottom is completely unacceptable. I like the comp how it is at the moment, I can't remember the last time we had a season that finished with top 5 or 6 so close. Two wells knocked of hamley and mallala pretty comfortably early in the year then didn't end up making finals..

Fair enough, but it's not AFL either. In context, finishing last in country footy is better than folding trying to be something you ain't. The extracted statement above wasn't about trying to finish last. Given most talk on this site is about cash players, I doubt that will sink in far.
There is an age old saying that a fish rots from the head first. Over enthusiastic country football club power brokers who think $1000 a game is market value need to reassess community priorities. I guess you can't really blame the players..
by Lame Choice
Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Heard the 6'6" bar man at Pie land heading for Ardrossan. I guess you could call him a Pie Floater :lol:
by Lame Choice
Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Enough cat/mouse> Wildbore-Bute
King-Kimba
Whitwell-Canada
Feeley-retired
Bates-Greenacres
Farrelly-Ardrossan
Martin-Ardrossan
Birchmore-United/Adelaide Uni(SAAFL)
Clothier-United?
Wilson-WWTFC
Hummel-CDFC

In-Osbourne
Yes a few out but any good club can recover, Fav at this stage IMHO Balaklava from TW

I'd wait for the clearances to go through before speculating on anyone below feeley, and even he might change his mind.
The kids mentioned here is a little unfair on them at this stage.
Just put it up Lame as that's what everyone on here is saying whats happening, what the hell would I really know anyway, as for the Teenagers, Wilson is at WWTFC/ Hummel is training with CDFC then maybe playing at Gawler Central, Clothier who knows, they all just about veg in my games lounge, like with all rumors, wait for the clearences.
No worries mate - vegetables on the couch . All clear, play on. It's just when you said "enough cat and mouse", I thought you were talking fact rather than potatoes and carrots.
by Lame Choice
Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Withour trying to individualise, the level of funding (sponsership) to HBFC has been evident for 10 years or more. Problem now is that it has ceased. What HBFC should have been doing is working on a sustainable model without risk of failure by being reliant on one source. If a sustainable model couldn't eventuate, then folding was/is inevitable. Buying a premiership with one year wonders is a by-product.
by Lame Choice
Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Snags wrote:Two wells vs crystal brook @ two wells this Saturday 11:30am start. Few A graders still out with cricket finals but hopefully a good decent hit out.

Cock fight?
by Lame Choice
Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looks like the first of the OLeary boys has come through for his A Grade debut. I say between the two of them, there will be a few hundred games racked up over the coming years. ;)
by Lame Choice
Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was of the opinion MC was right there, unless I've misread the constitution the delegates can over turn a board decision at the following meeting?

Meanwhile, I'd be thinking Angle Vale would be quite strong in the seniors in the not too distant future with potentially 100s of zero point players who have played 20 games of juniors for them..?

I stand corrected on the constitution ruling:
The delegates of the League as convened at any general meeting of the League shall
have the overall management of the League and its business property and affairs,
although the day to day running of the League shall be carried out by the Board of
Directors. In any event the delegates of the League at a general meeting shall promote
the objects and interests of the League and shall take all steps necessary and proper to
ensure due compliance with the By - Laws and shall have the authority to rescind, vary
or alter any decision made by the Board of Directors provided that a majority of the
delegates present vote to that effect.
A motion to rescind or vary a resolution which has been carried by the League at a
general meeting may be carried provided that the motion sought to rescind or vary has
been notified in writing to the League Secretary and each Club Secretary at least twenty
one (21) days prior to the general meeting at which it is brought and shall not be carried
unless a majority of the delegates vote in the affirmative.
by Lame Choice
Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Plains Producer Facebook Page:

OWLS ARE IN: Angle Vale is confirmed as the eighth club in the Adelaide Plains Football League after a special meeting following the APFL AGM last night. Pending approval from the Community Football League this week. More details in this week's edition.

Should be a hoot!
Playing at night will be a challenge.. :shock:
by Lame Choice
Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Might need to change the thread name to West Torrens drama page.
I always thought Southern were to comp basket case to give the flick. Adelaide and Adelaide Uni the other obvious no brainer.

Forced mergers are like arranged marriages - seems like a good idea from outside, but in the bedroom, well - there's no loving. Just one giving and one receiving :shock:
by Lame Choice
Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

After all the trash talk with a bit of rationale occasionally, I still can't see the point for SACA to decimate one of the oldest and successful clubs in SACA history. Poor form on the media side of things, with all the statements coming out now, they need to been very clear on their justification. You can drive a truck through the "limitations within their respective geographical areas". WT has never had problems with numbers and Port area is growing..
option for WT to merge or get terminated
option for Port to merge or lose funding
I'd say time for WT to return serve with a public 'save' campaign starting today. They are dead any other way.
by Lame Choice
Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

After today's result, a couple of important questions need to be asked of United.
Is the electrical tape around a couple of players heads due to:
A. Shamans not being able to claim hair ties as a tax deduction?
B. Electrical protection to those players heads or those around them?
Myth C, can you help? Ta.
by Lame Choice
Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Divison 3 2016

sampled a couple of the selections on the Walkies BBQ yesterday and again wasn't disappointed, although the chili kransky did leave the lips a bit numb but did give a great excuse to wash it down with multiple cold beers, oh and even better was the tick, tack, toe result to finish it off with!

How good was the choice of both tomato and beetroot relish?

I had a couple of snags in bread there yesterday, and it really hit the spot.

Hardly think the avatar is appropriate in today's age FC. No seatbelt! :shock:
by Lame Choice
Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Divison 3 2016

Well well well, don’t you look very silly now Mighty Hounds, on the APFL Forum canning the Angle Vale F.C. for their facilities.

No doubt the people running the show at Flinders Park have worked hard at an attempt to get the surface up to scratch, just like the people of Angle Vale FC.
Um, I wouldn't compare the two clubs too much..
by Lame Choice
Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |