SANFL - & Age groups
SAAFL & Country
Super Rules
by FOURTH ESTATE
Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne 2014

carey wrote:Booing Ablett is pretty poor form from the Roos fans.

Maybe they are booing him as they've just realised his single handedly better than the Roos whole midfield....

You don't boo champions
by carey
Sun May 04, 2014 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst AFL media person..

On the way home last night I listened to the Pre match with Lyon, Dunstall, Brayshaw and Purple- the purple headed warrior- warrior- Barrett. It was like 4 dickheads broke into a radio studio and didn't know they were on air. As highly paid professionals it was beyond atrocious. After 5 minutes I flicked to AM and listened to Taylor ( who is normally just as bad if not worse when calling a game) Lingy and Caro. At least they talked about the game and didn't just dribble non sensical shit doing a tired piss poor comedy routine. Normally Dunstall is good but he was dragged down to the juvenile level. Brayshaw is normally the main culprit. It's not about the game it's all about the James and his ever present effort to put across his boys club comedy.

Give me Drew Morphett any day of the week. These flogs have lost their direction. I am not looking for a comedy routine, I love footy and you can be entertaining and clever but still make the focus about footy ala Dennis Commetti.

It's getting hard to ever listen to the footy on the radio which is sad. As a kid this was what I did every Saturday with the family when we weren't at the games. I tuned in every week and looked forward to learning and listening. Part of the blame must go to the producers but these guys have turned me away.

Probably didn't help last week when I met Brian Taylor and found him to be a rude, arrogant pig. There are certainly more shit commentators than good ones. It's a worrying trend that the traditional pure football commentator is a thing of the past. Funny enough I met Gerrard Wattley very briefly after Port vGeelong and he was polite, good natured and one of only a few who puts the game before himself.

End rant, I feel better now. :D
by wristwatcher
Sat May 31, 2014 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2014

No probs. phazed out by 2017. Swans will be fine
by woodublieve12
Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Will Roo's presence on the board be enough to make the necessary changes, or will he form just a part of this "boys club" conglomerate down at West Lakes?
by valleys07
Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Abbott is gone ... he might survive on Tuesday, he might even survive the next spill which will certainly happen if he isn't rolled on Tuesday, but he will go eventually.

Once MPs turn on him they won't go back.

He's a dead man walking.

Bishop is being extremely cute at the moment whilst Turnbull is keeping low. Neither think Abbott is up to it or will survive but they are being extremely careful to not be seen as initiating it all.

If a spill motion goes ahead on Tuesday or some later date, it will be on for young and old between Bishop, Turnbull or whoever else wants a go, and Abbott will be left for dead.
by dedja
Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Former ruck men coaches

The late Mike "Swamp Fox" Patterson coached Richmond in 1984 after back to back premierships with North Adelaide in 1971-72 ( and Champions of Australia)
My dad coached Western United in 1953 but they like North never played in the AFL.

Did Western United win the Champions of Australia title? :roll:
by General Soreness
Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rushed behinds in AFL

Where did i say you advocate it?

Where have I said anything about you at all?

These discussions in general annoy me. This isnt the first one and it wont be the last.

As you already said, the rest of my opinion was fine, so dont try and pinpoint other parts to try to put me down now.

Once you start name calling and insinuating Im not smart enough to understand what you're talking about, you make yourself look like a dickhead, not me.

Other people agreed with my first post, so you're actually calling 3 or 4 people tools.

Hope I conveyed my message well enough for you to get it mate...Im ungood wif wordz n things....
by HH3
Tue May 05, 2015 1:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Opposition leader Watch

Celebration time !!!!

Snakey Billy boy Shorten was on the radio this morning. He was using his Instagram account while on radio. So that's 2 things he can do now !!!!! Back stab 2 prime minsters......and use Instagram. God this country is looking great for the future now............................................................

He isn't running the country!
Remember your mate , the right wing religious fanatic .

Peacock/Howard/Peacock/Hewson/Downer/Howard/Nelson/Turnbull/Abbot!!! some greats just to name a few
by shoe boy
Wed May 20, 2015 8:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

You're clearly right FOURTH ESTATE, and I accept that you being a Richmond and Glenelg supporter, you'd be eminently qualified to make that judgement.
I'd have thought richmond's season was far from over
Not yet. Give it time. History suggests they'll finish 9th or make just make finals and capitulate immediately.
by Ruben Carter
Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

You're clearly right FOURTH ESTATE, and I accept that you being a Richmond and Glenelg supporter, you'd be eminently qualified to make that judgement.
by GWW
Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 17 stuff

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I think James made a fair point about Paddy.
and why is what Jimmy said such an issue?

perhaps he should just stay focused on his own team and all other coaches should follow suit and not share views on oppossition players

Because James Hird has as much credibility as Gabi Grecko.
by Booney
Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2015

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Premiers in 16

16 seasons?
by Ruben Carter
Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Final Round - Round 23

Very sharp, obviously just don't enjoy my humour :)
by woodublieve12
Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

im glad there is finally some international attention to this cause, it may force us into doing something about it
The article did state that the policies are working but then did raise a few good points.

My issue is that tbe "stop the boats" is been a political war front when really its not about vote winning, yet of course its tunred into one.

But the point is there too that if you can stop people getting in the water then yes his will save lives. However if your a hurd fleeing the violence in Syria then its probably safer on the water than on the ground and that needs to be taken into account.

As many have always known, turning back the boats results in more deaths at sea, not less. It is a push factor, not a pull factor, that results in asylum seekers coming by sea. The wars and conflicts throughout the world are what has led to the huge amount of asylum seekers and internally displaced people throughout the world. 'Turning back' the boats is a misnomer as it simply redirects asylum seekers to other, more risky pathways.

I found it very ironic when Tony Abbott commented that it was the fault of people smugglers that the three year old Syrian boy died and that this death confirmed the wisdom of his policy. After all, he did not travel on a boat arranged by people smugglers - they came on their own boat, independent of any people smugglers.

As Bennymacca commented, the right way to try to help asylum seekers is to organise the processing of them in Indonesia and Malaysia, then enabling safe passage to various countries of the region. This should be done according to the capacity of the country to care for them.

I also wish that Tony Abbott could see the hypocrisy in wanting Australia to be involved in bombing Syria, leading to more deaths and/or people fleeing and seeking asylum... and not allowing any to come to Australia.
by bulldogproud2
Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2015

Nick Smith now ruled out...
by woodublieve12
Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

I'd love to see Henderson matched up on Polek or Matty White.. =))

what, in the injury room?

which two other completely different players would you like to compare next?
Obviously, it hasn't occurred to you that both White and Polek play on the wing. Watching Henderson against them would be like seeing Phar Lap racing against a glacier. That's all I'm saying ladies.... :lol:
by Ruben Carter
Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals - Week 2

I seriously wish we had 21 other Scott thompson's dead set work horse.. Smith is having the worst game I have ever seen him play .. McKay just running around in circles. Danger plenty if it give credit were its due hawthorn are a champion side..
Sorry I just dont see it with Thompson.
He works his arse off but his disposal is average tonight and he looks real slow.
Agree there are far worse issues though. McKay and VB's golden tickets must surely be stamped after tonight
by Jim05
Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Best Friday night I've had in ages! ;) :lol: :lol:
by carey
Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wedgie wrote:Things could be worse......

FB_IMG_1442578946079.jpg

Yeah Could kick 1 goal in a grand final I guess.
by carey
Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2015

Ten years ago to the day we broke our premiership drought
by woodublieve12
Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

THE Turnbull government is in upheaval with one minister quitting over an incident involving a female public servant in a Hong Kong bar and another standing aside during a police investigation.

Cities and Built Environment Minister Jamie Briggs announced his resignation in Adelaide over a late-night incident involving a female public servant in a Hong Kong bar during an official visit last month.

In a shock move, Mr Turnbull announced shortly afterwards that Special Minister of State and Minister for Defence Materiel and Science Mal Brough had agreed to stand down pending the completion of a police investigation.

Mr Brough has come under fire after federal police executed a search warrant at his home over the James Ashby affair.

The departure of the two MPs will trigger a Cabinet shuffle, but Mr Turnbull’s statement did not say when this would occur.

http://www.news.com.au/national/south-australia/south-australian-liberal-jamie-briggs-quits-as-cities-and-built-environment-minister-in-malcolm-turnbull-government/news-story/c38a002e1376b3f22991c5408eabd339

The Libs have been a disaster in government and don't even have minority government to deal with.
by Gozu
Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

The Libs shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic, again.

Why bother when the leader is a dead man walking?
by Booney
Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

"While Port Adelaide has slashed its short-term borrowings in the past year — from $2.75 million to $340,819 — the club’s long-term loans have more than tripled from $2m to $6.675m"

So just by using figures in the article.

PAFC Debt a year ago
SHORT TERM: $2.75 mill
LONG TERM: $2 mill

TOTAL TERM DEBT 2015 : $4.75 mill

PAFC Debt now
SHORT TERM: $350K
LONG TERM: $6.675 mill

TOTAL TERM DEBT 2016 : $7 mill
:roll: always the optimist
by Ruben Carter
Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton 2015

Carlton's effort tonight was awesome. Unlucky not to win.

Well played.
by carey
Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3....and they start to appear.

Jim05 wrote:It's over, great move by the paper Tigers to sign up Hardwick, they are going nowhere.
Good win by the Saints too

On the saints they have improved quite a bit and seem to be heading in the right direction.
by stan
Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2016

Chatting with a couple of mates last night, one a crows fan, the other a swans supporter. The Tippett subject came up, and I asked if he will get booed.... The crows fan said yep 100%.... The swans bloke said the crows fans should be applauding Tippett.... "why we asked"...... He is taking a spot in the swans team in front of someone who can actually play, said the swans supporter.... Yep pay that one!
That swan supporter obviously hasn't been following his team too closely. Been excellent the past 12 months.

He is pretty keen on them, he just can't stand Tippett....
Last year my last chance year for Tippett before I gave up on him. Certainly changed my mind about him. Adding Sinclair to help has helped him a lot this year.

He may not like him but you can't deny he has consistently been very good since mid way through last year...
by woodublieve12
Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have admired the ambition of the current regime at Port and this new venture sees that continue. Been ticking a lot of boxes off-field for a few years now.
by JK
Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Because beards make players play badly. Max Gawn says hello
by Brodlach
Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In KEN we trust :D
How bad was Hartlett today?

And thats the problem, next week he wont touch it as he's on such good terms with himself again after todays performance, much like the rest of the team.
Depends on who they play, he has no problem against minnows like today
The only minnows in the AFL are your pathetic excuse for a club.
by Ruben Carter
Sat May 28, 2016 6:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Love the way non Port fans are so desperate to discredit Hinkley. To the point of wanting him sacked. Why? If he's such a crap coach, wouldn't you want him at Port forever? :lol:
by Ruben Carter
Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2016

Congrats to Danger on winning the AFL MVP by 10 country miles, he really has improved a lot this year, it's amazing what a change of environment can do.
Imagine how good he could be if he could hit a target[emoji6]

But seriously if he can fix up his terrible kicking he has the ability to go down as a great by the end of his career. Could easily win multiple Brownlows and other awards
by Jim05
Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2016

Congrats to Danger on winning the AFL MVP by 10 country miles, he really has improved a lot this year, it's amazing what a change of environment can do.
Imagine how good he could be if he could hit a target[emoji6]

But seriously if he can fix up his terrible kicking he has the ability to go down as a great by the end of his career. Could easily win multiple Brownlows and other awards
What's emoji6?
Wink.
I rate the guy highly but his kicking is nowhere near elite standard yet
by Jim05
Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GRAND FINAL SYDNEY VS WESTERN BULLDOGS

I big to differ 2005 was much better than 06 ;)
by woodublieve12
Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah carey, predicting crowds mate. Imagine if you had a life as fulfilling as that, wouldn't be so lippy then would you? :lol:

I know as if anyone would get so PRECIOUS about afl crowds.

IM sure it wont get anyones nose (NO MATTER THE SIZE) out of joint again this year. :-)

Do I dare ask whats your opinion on if Port will report a profit this year ???

Anyway back to Ports aggressive trade period...................................
This obsession you have with Port Adelaide - it's unhealthy and a bit sad really.
I really think you should see a doctor (does anyone bulk bill in Davoren Park?) If so, please get some medication before something really bad happens: like Port winning another flag or attracting 40,000 fans again :(
by Ruben Carter
Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Western Bulldogs 2016

Booney wrote:I'm not sure who is whinging more. Wait, the stewards are moving out of the committee room.

The judges have reviewed the images and it's MW by a nose.

Always performs well in the Imbecile Stakes
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rule Changes 2017

Pathetic. The game we once new is becoming femalised. Next thing tackling will be banned.
by Ruben Carter
Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rule Changes 2017

Can't say this one bothers me too much. I was of the thinking that 6v6 around a contest becomes 6v5 at ground level if you send a mid up to compete. Doesn't always work in your favour.

Note sure the Dogs with the Bont will like it much! He was all over that shit in the finals series.

Here's a proposal, the Rules of the Game Committee meet every 3 years and not every year!
by Booney
Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLW - Womens AFL

Erin Phillips quote "I'm so proud to be a crow"
Let's wait & see if she stays there when PA enter a team :D

She'd be worth a fist and second round pick. PA gave them up.
Maybe when they enter a women's team.
:D champagne humour. Isn't it ironic that Crows have won 3 premierships now and in every GF the BOG player was developed by Port.
by Ruben Carter
Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

Ah, UK Fan! ....always good for a laugh, does anyone on here actually take him seriously? :oops:
by Ruben Carter
Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

locky801 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Nah has to be along the lines of "everyone is committed to working towards a premiership".

wont be in his time there :D

And I thought Allan Scott had passed away :shock:
by Ruben Carter
Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MW wrote:Keep him... good for the catchphrases and false promises #wewillnevergiveup #theywillnevertearusapart #wegetwhatwedeserve

Did Port give up last night? NO
Did Port get what they deserve? YES bad kicking is bad football
Did they get torn apart? Hardly
So you're actual point is.........??
by Ruben Carter
Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

I only watched the 2nd half and if the Crows won that then it would have been Highway Robbery of the highest order. Adelaide is that far underdone atm and on another day would have lost that game by 6 goals. Port played well, but yes still some question marks over them for me also. Crows worry me a lot.

Ken isn’t your man either, in 3 weeks time when Port aren’t playing on emotion it will be interesting to see if they can ditch years of habit.
Don't think many Port fans would agree with that. In fact, like me , most would say it's ridiculous. The fact he's not a robot is what makes him so well respected inside the 4 walls of PAFC.
by Ruben Carter
Sun May 13, 2018 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Move on, Troll
by Ruben Carter
Sun May 13, 2018 11:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Who was that bloke that reckoned cos Rockliff didn't give a **** about his shitty SANFL game that he was no good again?

Nek minnit

14 kicks, 17 handballs, 12 contested possessions, 6 clearances, 9 tackles and other than an out of this world performance from Gray was the best player on the ground.
by morell
Sun May 13, 2018 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |