Search found 1 match

Return

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

On top of that, i think coaches are bigger mercenaries than players.. so many coaches that have good influence and player contacts, swoop in and win flags and then take the players plus maybe few more and move onto the next club.

Maybe those play for pay players weren't sold on what the Club had to offer and weren't encouraged enough to stay per your previous post...or maybe its just democracy in action (like it or not)....... ;)

I would think Club Committee's would have an expectation for new coaches to have the ability to recruit notwithstanding how and from where..... There job is after all is to win flags...is it not.... :)
Their job is definitely to win flags, but to also nurture the young players, bridge the gap between players and be more than just someone who blows in for a flag and goes..

i honestly think some coaches go to where they think the best chance to win a flag is out.. not too many keen on a challenge these days and want to knuckle down and create something from nothing .

Intresting couple of posts there Phantom, quite a good read.
I espically like this one, could you please let me know if this is why you left Kilburn? Too much hard work?
by johnny bravo
Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |