Search found 620 matches

Return

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Amazing performance. Well done Australia. Great to see blokes with a set of grapefruits
by wristwatcher
Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Stayed at the Intercontinental after an event a few weeks ago and the breakfast buffet is as good as any I have ever been too. They will cook you anything you want on top of the endless selection of all things breakfast. I reckon I went about 8 sheets deep of smoked salmon. As close to a 10/10 for food, service and variety at a breakfast as I have had.

Got Sean’s kitchen for our Xmas show next week and looking forward to see if it lives up to the hype
by wristwatcher
Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2019

“Top of the world ma!!!”

Great game of footy where PNU took their chances and PAOC did not.

Liam Davis was the difference in the opinion of all 3 commentators and Ant Gia enormous in the middle. Chase Bower and Piss Seymour crucial down back with Milnes dominant early and BOG in the first half.

Great tense, tough finals game of footy.

PNU Div 1 Premiers! Well done to everyone involved at the club. An amazing story and to our Captain Johnny Gia....we love you skip.

#UptheFalcs!!!
by wristwatcher
Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2019

A really useless stat came into my head as I read this.

Macca could possibly be the only coach to win flags in four different divisions at the same club.

Trying to think of other possibilities.... someone who coached Woody South on their way up the grades in the 2000's (who was that, Morgan Armstrong maybe?)

Damien "Macca" McBride coaches 3 junior sides at Salisbury North I think, also plays seniors, the bloke bleeds green and gold.

Damien's resume also includes being named SNFC B grade coach for 2020 and was the Assistant Coach of the Undefeated Central District Under 14 side in 2019. One of the very best from out North.
by wristwatcher
Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pro Wrestling Talk

Not a bad first day of mania...

Highlights for me was the Bryan vs Zayn match. So good...

Loved the Boneyard match... So good
Wyatt/Cena today outdid the boneyard match IMO. Unbelievably good stortytelling. Well done to Cena for diving into it full-on, Wyatt even 'took-over' his Instagram during it.

Orton v Edge was tops as well, maybe a bit long, but a great story too.

i re watched the cena/wyatt thing... It was awesome!!!

"you can look but you can't touch"

Agree with all of this. VKM has always said he is a movie maker and he took his chance. You wouldn't want to see it every week but it was very entertaining.

We had 3 of us here (socially spaced) and we were in stitches for Bray V Cena. His "Ruthless Agression" stuff had me in fits of laughter.
I loved the hint of American Badass in the Taker match.

The disappointment of Mania was 2 main events that only had finishing moves and were pretty much identical. Don't get me wrong the right people won the matches but both matches had less than 5 different moves and were about 3 minutes long.

and yes RP and SE Covid has me so bored i'm making an SAFooty comeback :lol:
by wristwatcher
Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 6

I would like to sincerely thank the Ingle Farm Football Club for hosting the stream of Paul Manuel’s funeral today. Covid limited the service to 40 people and upstairs at the club around 100 people were able to say goodbye.

It was a sad but important day to pay respects to a great man taken way too soon. My thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family. The respect shown by those in attendance was a true representation of the love felt for this great man.

RIP Pauly. I hope you are in heaven having a beer and a yarn with your brother
by wristwatcher
Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 5

Shawn Mansell 20 in a game. F@ken behave yourself!
by wristwatcher
Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: APPS New recruiting rules - Your thoughts?

Port district and St. Peter’s?? Don’t keep us hanging…

Port District maybe points. Glenunga salary cap Spoc, nah, the riddler is astute and hey, everyone went to college :D

Hey Yank Man! How about you stick to Div 7 champ and don't pretend to have a clue what happens in Div 1.

Seems you have taken 2 shots about the Glenunga cap and have no clue let me enlighten you. Biggest Junior club in the State. Probably the youngest club in div 1 and i can tell you for a fact that half the team are kids who played B grade last year and most of them Juniors. Its amazing what happens when you invest time and effort into your Juniors like the TTG. Payneham, Golden Grove and Modburys of the league

Furthermore; regarding our top end. Langford is yet to play an A grade game this year, Sam Smith did his knee in like round 2, Bielby has barely been on the park and our big recruit Nick Gillard walked out before the season started and went to play Div 4 football.
by wristwatcher
Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 2

Really interesting Div this one in 2023.

From my count i see 8 teams who have played Div 1.

The favorite for me is Golden grove who is one of the 2 teams who haven't. Josh Glenn is an incredible addition to an already undefeated Premiership team. I'm tipping a couple more recruits to come in and i'm sure a Kooka poster can correct me but only 2 from this years team not there next year.
by wristwatcher
Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

Ingle Farm get their man. Super appointment.

Good luck Carey. Ironically not the "Carey" on here that was rumored to be heading there. :D

Look out Div 7. 2023 will be a good year to be a Bulldog.
by wristwatcher
Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GATHER ROUND - ROUND 5

Watch out for SA Footy icon Bedgey on the oval and little Bedgey tearing up AO tonight at half time as Ingle Farm Auskickers represent the NAFC zone at the biggest minor round game in this States history. Should be a cracker of an event.
by wristwatcher
Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League -Division 2

Yep fair call.

The only thing i would say its its a bit tougher to snatch a flag in one of the top 2 divisions.

At the end of the day the sustainable models created by GG, PNU, Glenunga, Brighton, TTG and Modbury ensure they don't bottom out but remain in the top 2 Divisions always around the mark. A few of those top end recruits sure can help though.
by wristwatcher
Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 1

Round 1:
Sacred heart vs tea tree gully
St Peters vs PAC
Brighton vs glenunga
Payneham vs golden grove
Broadview vs port district

I reckon 3 of those games the tipping is guess work and the other 2 will be closer than expected.

Div 1 is looking a lot more even than it has in many years and there doesn't appear to be an easy beat this year. I think you will need 6 games to avoid relegation.
by wristwatcher
Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 3

North haven were looking on the rise past few years were looking like a powerhouse not so long ago.... should rebound again, seaton always tough, and smosh are always full of talent. Unley very similar club to us and recently DIv 1 not too long ago :-k

Great to see you are still floating around on here Iceman

I think SMOSH will continue to battle in this division. Not sure of their ins but definitely some quality outs. I have been told the same at Unley but that was by an Unley player who may be playing his cards close but I don’t expect them to be there in the final 3.

The big improvers this year will be Seaton. Saw them in a trial and they were humming. Meady will have them in the top 3 I’m tipping.. Tommy Me-Russo will be a great addition and will kick 50 plus for the year and won’t injure his hands handballibg. Between Meady and Paul Marshall they have got things in place to ensure they head North up the ladder.

we go way back wristy...you dont know it but i used to trade you my DVDs for ciggies when you worked at cash converters

Haha thats one of the scariest things i have ever read. I worked at Henley Beach Cash converters for like 3 months in 2006 with all the RCW Wrestlers. I still hold the record for biggest up-sell...Bought a ring for $80 and was re-sold for $2,080 :shock:

What a flashback. To keep it relevant i was playing at PNU and they were Div 3 that year :lol:

I always enjoy your unique way of looking at things and your honesty on here.
by wristwatcher
Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

Division 6 supporters getting blessed this Thursday afternoon with a grand final preview when Ingle Farm host Salisbury for Anzac Day in what’s sure to be an absolute beauty!

The Rigney boys, Reece Johnston, Mason Pitt and big Sando all absolutely flying for the doggies

Sean Hee and Brad Prior doing the brunt of the tough work through the middle of the ground to make things look easy up front for James Gameau and Brodie Brooks for the Magpies

Grand final preview, congratulations to both teams for wonderful seasons to date and a special mention the the Farmers for moving up 2 divisions in consecutive seasons. All the best

What an absolute brilliant initiative by these 2 clubs. Obviously there is a strong connection there with Chris Pike serving her country in both World Wars :D Is there anything this great woman cant do.

In all seriousness though i think this is as good as it gets. Its the one day that entitlement seems to hide for a brief sojourn and the Woke shut their holes for 5 minutes. Forever grateful for the sacrifices made to give us the opportunities' we have and to play footy on Anzac day is an honour and a privilege.

I will definitely come down for a look at the Resrves before i have to shoot off.
by wristwatcher
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Big day at Virginia today for Anzac round. :heart:

The VFNC have created a connection with the Elizabeth RSL and will be bringing in a bus load of diggers to help us celebrate Anzac day. A full day of matches and also includes the pre game ceremonies and an Anzac medal for best a field.

The club with the RSL have designed special guernseys for the day and are grateful to have the opportunity to connect our community with such a special day.

At all home games the Virginia Football club now hosts the opposition committee to a half time afternoon lunch/tea and we look forward to sharing ideas and having a drink and some finger food (waitressed by my beautiful daughters :D ) Last week the United committee didn't want top go back out at the start of the third quarter such was the spread and positive conversations and relationships we were able to build.

We invite all locals, fans, friends, sponsors and stakeholders of the APFL to the Oval today to enjoy the matches and the ceremonies Full details are available on our Facebook page. Hopefully the link below works but if not....Virginia Football and Netball Club.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=122159102618079952&set=pcb.122159103446079952
by wristwatcher
Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wow, yesterday was a big day! Fair to say Ingle Farm weren’t prepared for just how big! Canteen slammed and was out of food real early, BBQ no different, chef doing meals up stairs was slammed and our fridges behind the bar are almost empty.

Shout out to Salisbury for three tough games yesterday, and for helping make yesterday happen. Respectful matches played hard but without incident, and a fair sized crowd who were well behaved enjoying the day for what it was, and extend that to Mitchell Park whose women played the twilight game after. Umpires were exceptionally good in the A grade, think that makes a fair difference.

Parking was almost impossible to come by.

Feel like I’ve been on a 3 day bender was so hectic yesterday.. left the club 11:30 last night - Eastern Park lads were still in their drinking our fridge dry :shock: :lol:

Looking forward to a weekend off.

Unbelievable work here. Love it. So good for the community to come together on Anzac Day. Massive respect to all involved.

Big shout out to the EPFC boys as well. Doing great things on and off the field. The Coach and a bunch of his players were at the Elizabeth RSL Dawn Service paying their respects and then putting away pints from 7.30am. That's a big day if they are still going at 11.30 that night.

Holistically though this is what we should all be doing. drinking at each others clubs, supporting the opposition at away games and welcoming all in to the club rooms after beating the piss out of each other on the field. Why pay $12-18 for a beer at a pub or in town when you have a sip for $6 and help clubs stay afloat. If we all did more of this our Grassroots community clubs would benefit greatly.
by wristwatcher
Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dork, Donkey and Dumb.

Todays insults are sponsored by the letter D :lol:

Well I'm enjoying it. This just need drunk Dutchy, Shrek and Bedge to come in about 7pm tonight 6 beers deep and spice this up.
by wristwatcher
Fri May 17, 2024 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 4

Can someone ask kenilworth B grade player/coach how getting his boys to meet in kilburns centre pre game is going for him? What an absolute dork!

He wouldn’t be the first to do it, but from my experience it never ends well. :D :D

Of all the stuff on here regarding the Kookas and Chics this is the complaint and dialogue i find the most vexing??

I'm just looking for clarity on what the issue is here. Did they meet after the warm up in the centre square. I'm just trying to understand what the Coach did. If he met in the square pre- game like say half time of the C grade to have a quick chat with his team, asses ground conditions and the like then I am truly lost at what the issue is here.
by wristwatcher
Sun May 26, 2024 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 T20 World Cup

Stoin dropped again and it goes for 6

Instead of being 4/80 off 15 it’s 4 6s in 5 balls. RIGJAM goes bang
by wristwatcher
Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |