Search found 618 matches

Return

SANFL Finals Predictions.

I'm sure Big Phil will do threads for each games but for the time being I'm interested to see how posters think the finals will pan out starting with what should be a good night at AO next Saturday.

It would be good if we could avoid negatives on this thread and just talk about the footy and the predictions.

Eagles by 1-12
Norwood 13-24.
by wristwatcher
Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

How much do the Crows need to win by to make the 8
by wristwatcher
Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

Karma, last seen visiting Div 7.
by wristwatcher
Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield Season 2014/15

stampy wrote:all we need to do is to learn how to close matches out

The avoidance of calamitous collapses will also be beneficial. That was better last season
by wristwatcher
Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Save the date - medal count night

Footy Chick wrote:you'll all be very happy to know that Wes Legrande just won the c3 medal

Renamed the Malcolm Memorial Medal :lol:
by wristwatcher
Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

the milky bar kid wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:div 6 forum offering plenty :lol:

Didn't realize it was still going ;) :lol:

#nofarmersnoforum 8) ;)

Is there a straight sets forum??? :lol:

#thatsforhashtagging
by wristwatcher
Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals hypothetical- ovals

PNU will host the Div 7 game between Uni and Smiff only if you let Malcolm umpire. Now that would be entertaining :D
by wristwatcher
Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 2 2014

It was a great day at PNU and a thrilling contest. I only wish I could remember more of it :D
by wristwatcher
Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GRAND FINAL VENUES 2014

jo172 wrote:Have to say no one saw this coming in the prediction thread!

Not overly thrilled with the proposed Sunday game schedule

Div 2 women's football getting prime time in the main event. Please :roll: .

Let's put the C4 GF on at 2pm and Div 1 at 10.15am
by wristwatcher
Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GRAND FINAL VENUES 2014

Blackwhite wrote:U18 Red GF to be played at 10am after playing at 3pm all year. What a joke. What's the logic behind this??

Keep me sober perhaps :roll:
by wristwatcher
Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pro Wrestling Talk

Thankfully a much better Raw this week. Actually took me over an hour to watch this episode. 8)

Sad to hear of the passing of Sean o' Haire today as the wrestlers curse strikes again. Was lucky enough to meet Sean and have a drink with him in Sydney in the year 2000 when Nitro and Thunder WCW shows were touring. Fair to say he lived life to the extremes and he is not the only one who was there that night who has prematurely exited. R.I.P
by wristwatcher
Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2014

woodublieve12 wrote:This Friday nights prelim will be Adam Goodes 350th career game...

Legend... Hopefully we can get the win

Overrated
by wristwatcher
Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 8 2014

Whats with all the rumours I'm hearing about 19 on the field for PAOC at the end of the game in the Div8R on Saturday???

Wasn't there, so not accusing anyone, just interested in hearing what happened...

Quite simply there was not. I am pretty sure that comment was withdrawn. Having watched the video it wasn't as dramatic as it initially sounded. From all reports the better team and better blokes won on the day.
by wristwatcher
Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:This Friday nights prelim will be Adam Goodes 350th career game...

Legend... Hopefully we can get the win

Overrated

Rightio mate

Cant believe that took half an hour ;)
by wristwatcher
Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

An to think in September 2012 he was a bees dick away from going to Hope Valley. In the end it was his work with the juniors and a comment from one of the juniors that kept him at PNU and the rest is history. 2 years later we are back in the top flight playing for back to back flags on the weekend. Great coach and great bloke 8)
by wristwatcher
Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL crowd numbers

Wont get 25,000.

No South are out mate, there will be a decent crowd now.

Port Power playing Saturday night won't help but I think there will be 40,000. Those of us that aren't sour are pretty excited about the game :)

Seems your supporters went missing on the weekend.

We outnumbered you......

40,000 ??? You keep believing it mate :lol:

Congrats on that....to use an old chest nut did you happen to look at the scoreboard :shock:

Time will tell I guess but I have been very accurate in the first 3 weeks. 40,000 and a great atmosphere as much as it will irritate many posters on SaFooty who are obsessed by theories of doom and gloom
by wristwatcher
Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm certain I have more idea than you. I will be there to see it first hand on Sunday whilst you are likely to be on your keyboard whinging about it.
by wristwatcher
Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Given the perfect weather expected, I think the crowd should have a 3 in front of it. Anything over 30k gets a pass imho. I know some on here are talking 40k so they can then jump online at 5pm Sunday and start screaming that they now have proof of diminishing interest because of the evil new structure of the comp, but given we have not had a crowd above 40k in 16 years this is unrealistic, as much as I would love to see it.

Mate if they get 40 plus and the Legs win an an epic battle with an after the siren barrel they will find plenty to bitch about despite apparently having no interest in it. Positive people will find the positives and negative people will do the opposite.
by wristwatcher
Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Positive people will find the positives and negative people will do the opposite.

So both sides of the have got their agendas? Thought it was just us malcontents stuck living in the 70s.

It is nice to see it finally acknowledged that you do the same, just for the forces of evil.

Not that your post makes all that much sense but I will try and reply,

If Being excited for a Port Norwood GF and hoping for a big crowd and good game means I'm supporting evil then call me Darth Vader if it makes you happy.
by wristwatcher
Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Big move requires a big signing. My top 10 candidates are

1. Steven Rowe
2. Robert Shaw
3. Laurence Angwin
4. Tony Armstrong (playing coach)
5. G. Cornes
6. Matt Connell
7. Jason Akermanis
8. Ben Dixon
9. Mark Cisco
10. Tony McGuiness
by wristwatcher
Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was at AO today and those in the know are suggesting 35 plus. Should be a great a great day starting with the "Screaming Jets". Could it get any "Better".
by wristwatcher
Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Of course there were some spare spots at AO with 38k, there've been crowds of 52k plus at AFL games. My girlfriend and I went to the Port Freo game with a crowd in the high 30s and she thought it was similar to that before we knew the official number. Very good crowd, very good tv ratings, the SANFL will be more than happy and they should be.
Just looked more than 14,000 empty seats.
Half the Riverbank stand was empty and the top tiers of the other stands were sparcely populated also plenty of room to walk freely around the hill. I honestly thought around the 32k mark. Either way was a decent crowd but I would of expected similar if it was Norwood v South as I reckon 30,000 plus were supporting Norwood. Very small Port turn out

Nearly 39,000 and a great game. Definitely more Norwood supporters than Port but still a lot of Port people there. There was no spare seats in the bottom tear. It was a great day as i predicted and left the profits of doom without to much to whinge about.
by wristwatcher
Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Now I say this at 6am getting up for work not coming home from doing whatever it is kids do these days.

Dear Steven,

Your Article was awful, innacurate and inspirational.

Kind regards, PNU

Amazing day. Truly amazing and hats off to SHOC as they nearly had our number. Good club and tested us like no other

No Other? Who was the only club to defeat you this year????

Someone beat us in April but they couldn't get within 15 goals of the opposition when it mattered.
by wristwatcher
Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dear John,

YOU were the one that questioned the SANFLs survival about three posts ago and the fact you need to resort to calling me an arsehole and a flog as well as your assumption that you know who I support once again proves you have no idea. Get some analytical ability and perhaps even entertain the idea that just because I have a different opinion doesn't mean I am 100 percent wrong.
by wristwatcher
Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:Selfish Goodes. Nothing more for him to achieve. His list of achievements is massive. Didn't put the club first. Bloods culture.

regards,

REB

Did you expect anything else from Goodes, the modern day Buckley

Another idiotic comment.

Settle down mate, no need to go apeshit
by wristwatcher
Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pakis v Aussies

Yeah pretty much a B grade commentary team with the exception of Dangerous Danny Morrison one of my childhood idols. Love that guy 8)
by wristwatcher
Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Went to the Lion. Food was sensational, service was brilliant and extremely visually stimulating. Only negative is it's not cheap as we payed $340 for 6 people. Steak is worth the $40 a serve as it is a fine piece of meat and 280g of succulent flavour.
by wristwatcher
Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pro Wrestling Talk

I would have thought Rock and Seth would make sense to help elevate Rollins brand and would allow for him to have all the extra corporate heel elements working against him. Not sure he would be willing to do Mania match unless it was a true legend he was facing as in H3. Cena has been done and surely they won't have two part timers working the Mania main ruling Brock out. Bryan would be awesome but again I can't see the Rock working heel .

One match I could see is Rock v Taker and there has to be some chance of taker v Brock 2 so Taker could go out a winner.

Daring to dream I would love to see Bryan come back at Rumble to challenge Brock and Taker costing Lesnar the title and setting up a solid two month build up for their match.

Mania is 6 months away and there is a lot of different directions they could take but the dynamics of the card make up will be vastly better if it includes a lot of blokes who don't currently work full time ; Bryan, Punk, a fit Taker, H3 and Brock + Rocky.
by wristwatcher
Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Redbacks 2014/15

Gee, we whinge when we don't promote youth or homegrown talent, so they take that option and then we whinge because they don't become overnight winners.
We're a harsh bunch :D :D :D

at least the redbacks have done us a favour and not teased us with some good results before falling away. just got down to it and sucked from the outset :D

Super post B Mac, I even read that out loud.

Onto the real stuff now anyway. That season should last longer than 3 days. :roll:
by wristwatcher
Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

-
- Birds who seem to think it's acceptable to walk across the road... They must have lost a couple of mates to horrible car incidents, but they insist on doing this... i've only hit the one bird in my time, but i see a little bird crossing a road and it frustrates me.... Flirting with danger. Maybe birds enjoy the thrill.

This. Especially ducks and those stupid devil pigeons with the red eyes.

FFS, you have wings....FLY!

Penguins have wings but you don't see those lazy bastards fly
by wristwatcher
Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That one person at work that you smile at, act sociable and maintain an appropriate level of professionalism towards whilst every fibre of my being wants to punch him in the dick. :evil:
by wristwatcher
Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 1 - 2015

Footy Chick wrote:New Henley coach announced as Kym Cobb I hear?

I met him last night. He was at South. You would suspect a few recruits to come with him. Still moves alright himself. Seems like a nice guy
by wristwatcher
Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maccas a better bloke. Maccas wins. Discussion over. Sorry Millsy :)
by wristwatcher
Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Matador BBQ's One-Day Cup

Coach Bombay wrote:We should start an all star spud team like the Kenny Mcgregor footy one. Call it the Nathan adcock wannabes

At the moment they are called the Redbacks unfortunately :(
by wristwatcher
Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: E-bay, Gumtree, Garage Sale, Cashies or Flea Market????

Had another 25 items on this weekend as we are home for 3 days renovating.

I had the ultimate "are you serious?" Gumtree Moment. I t went like this

Can I buy the jumper leads?
Me - yep $5
Will you deliver them in town
Me - yep I'm in town Wednesday for work
No indeed you to bring them now, I'm broken down
Me - nice talking to ya chief
by wristwatcher
Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We are fully f**ked now

Excellent. Wonder who will get the blame this time? No way can it be Australia got out played must be the pitch? The toss? Injuries? Bet ya bottom dollar there will be a reason.

And it simply won't be "We weren't good enough"

Both teams played on the same pitch. Pakis just too good and I found it humorous that all the experts on here who criticised their day one performance. They ground us down and layed the platform.

I still hold the faintest of hopes that we can grind out a draw but we would need to be 4 fa at lunch.

Bottom line is we have been schooled on sub continent cricket in this test. It's happened before and it will happen again.
by wristwatcher
Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bowled out for 303, disgraceful.

Geez Jim, get a grip. It's a sub par performance and in hindsight one where we have straight out been outplayed. We will probably go on to lose this game by 100-200 runs. It happens and clearly you have been spoilt by Australia's success of the last 20 years.

Disgraceful would be if the Australian cricket team systematically injected themselves with performance enhancing drugs over an extended period and then if we had a muppet coach and he wouldn't take responsibility. That's disgraceful.
by wristwatcher
Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not getting any sort of acknowledgement when letting someone into traffic. That really grinds my gears.

I hate getting acknowledgement - I don't need to be thanked for putting my foot on my brake for an extra few seconds.

You hate being thanked for being courteous or helpful. You Sir are a strange Cat.
by wristwatcher
Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best Dog Rolls in Adelaide???

Took a wrong turn and found a little gem on Hanson Road. About half way down in a corner shop, authentic little Asian grocer family business. Probably in the top 3 out of the dozen places I have tried.
by wristwatcher
Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Payneham to be a force in div 1 in 2015. Cant go anywhere without hearing positive news about the falcons

So PNU have picked up a North player, Stuart players possibly a few Norwood players and possibly a few centrals players.

And Leon Davis.

And Alan Didak.

And Shane Tuck

And Michael Hanlan
by wristwatcher
Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Redbacks 2014/15

Booney wrote:If Berry is reverting to giving an old fashioned spray after the time he's had with the group, he's out of ideas and its time to go.

Not sure if it's ever been mentioned on SAFooty but indeed it may be time to sack Chuck and let him drive off into the sunset in his 100K Mercedes.
by wristwatcher
Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL draft - Thurs 27 Nov - (also PSD/Rookie draft 3/12/1

bennymacca wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Really hoping Cockatoo falls to us but have a feeling that North will nab him. Would be happy with two of Garlett, Leverde, Miller or Weller though

which one of those will you be naming captain? :D

:lol: :supz: :butthead: haha I get it. That's actually worth some =D> =D>
by wristwatcher
Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus v Ind Test Series

5 days leave approved...GET AROUND ME!!! :D
by wristwatcher
Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

5 days leave approved...GET AROUND ME!!! :D
your shout! :partyman:

Day 3 of the Test is my 40th. I can mark that one down as $250-$500 day. There will be a lot of shouting on that day.

I'm putting an alcohol ban on myself for day 1, well maybe just the first session, lets make that the first drinks break. perhaps ill try and at least enter the ground sober. ;)
by wristwatcher
Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Had our Xmas show at the Gallery on Waymouth yesterday. With everything being free it increases the chances of a good revue but the food was excellent. Superb steak, delightful prawn entree and by the time dessert rolled around I was on my 12th beer and couldn't afford the eating time. At a guess I'd say it would normally be pretty pricey.
by wristwatcher
Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wristys session one analysis

Rogers playing for his career in the 2nd dig
Watson is a dead set dumb c@&$
Warner bats til stumps he will be 250 not out
This is a 500 pitch
Kohli needs to be fined for over rate
Australia will be close to 400 at stumps
Carey has that drunken sparkle in his eye at 12.30 :D
by wristwatcher
Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rain at the cricket that lasts 90 seconds and the delay goes for > 30 minutes. Infuriating :evil:
by wristwatcher
Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tasmania v South Australia - Shield

heater31 wrote:Right I have had enough of the negativity regarding the performance of the Redbacks. Next one to post something negative do so at your own peril those lads are disappointed at their performance just as much as you all are......

You can't be serious can you. They made 4 **** 5!!!!!!
by wristwatcher
Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don't drink wine, wear ties or top hats but like the eye piece and handle bars
by wristwatcher
Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mitch Marsh wont play next test. Play Watto in his spot. Reckon he would be a decent number 6.
Need to find some new blood for the important number 3 slot
Needed that since Ponting retired.
Yep haven't been able to replace him with someone even as half as good as he was and I think sometimes we took him for granted and people are quick to forget how good he was, dominated the hardest spot to bat for a long period of time. In my lifetime we won't see another Ponting, we are obviously desperate for a decent number 3 for the future and if we can get a bloke thats as half as good as Ponting we'll be alright, need some blokes putting their hand up at state level, I reckon Ferguson can be the man, needs a truckload of runs behind him first.

If Ferguson was going to be the Australian number 3 he would already be in the team, would have that truck load of runs behind him already and wouldn't be a regular part of our Redback calamitous collapses. I doubt anyone from outside our borders would think he would be in the top 5 considerations as our test number 3. Don't think he would do any worse than Wato though and Shaun "Lovechild" Marsh hasn't done anything to earn the spot either.

He can't bat everywhere but I think Smudger would be the leading candidate to be a long term 3. Would allow Pup to bat at 4 or 5 if and when he gets the body right.
by wristwatcher
Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |