Search found more than 3342 matches

Return

Re: AFL Round 10

And that’s how you cap off a shit week for the club.
I thought we were clearly the better side, just lacked a bit of polish. Couldn’t question their endeavour.
Wubbsy, don’t you ever complain about umpiring again - that was disgraceful - all game.
by Spargo
Sat May 20, 2023 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne

Heard some of Jeff Kennet last night, he said the original info came from Cyril Rioli a Hawks legend. Surely there is a level of truth to all this as I can’t see Cyril not telling the truth.

Everyone seems to be jumping on the poor Clarko bandwagon but for Cyril to come out there has to be something in it.
I think you’ll find the Rioli’s issue was mainly to do with Kennett rather than Clarkson, Fagan & Burt.
by Spargo
Sat May 20, 2023 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Predictions

743 left
I reckon a shitload more would be out if our interchange steward…
by Spargo
Sun May 21, 2023 8:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wardlaw signs a two year extension until the end of 2026.
by Spargo
Tue May 23, 2023 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Doomben R4 # 1
by Spargo
Wed May 24, 2023 12:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Annual trip with blokes I went to school with, Mornington Peninsula Fri, Sat & Sun. The organisers have kept hush on the courses, all I know is they’re 3 we haven’t played yet. Forecast looks frigid.
by Spargo
Wed May 24, 2023 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So, Flinders, St Andrew’s Beach & Mt Martha it is.
Wet weathers - check
Beanie - check
Hip flask - check
by Spargo
Thu May 25, 2023 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NBA

#keepthefaith
by Spargo
Fri May 26, 2023 1:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RD7 DOGS VS BAYS X CONVENIENCE OVAL SATURDAY 27/5 2:10PM

Glenelg finally beat a top 4 side…
by Spargo
Sun May 28, 2023 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Speaking of BBQ's anyone got a Weber Q? Just ordered one as a service award gift, there was nothing else in the catalogue that appealed so it was the best option
We love ours, use it all the time. Great for steaks on the grill cooked in no time with the hood down, adjust the temp & leave the lid up for a slower cook for snags, chevap, skewers etc. Eggs ranchero in the saucepan & make sure you buy the rotisserie kit - idiot proof with great results.
by Spargo
Mon May 29, 2023 9:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mornington Peninsula last weekend. Played Flinders on Friday, very picturesque right on the coastline. Some tee blocks were only a 5 iron from the waters edge. I reckon we played into the teeth of the wind for 12-13 holes. Course itself (whilst in good nick) was pretty straight forward with up & back fairways & lightening quick greens - 36 pts helped. Saturday we headed to St Andrew’s Beach, what a fantastic links course. It blew its arse off most of the round making some par 4’s impossible to make the green in 2 but the course was in superb condition. After 2 wipes on the 12th & 13th I managed to putt from the rough & hole out on the 14th for a birdie 3 (4 pts) and then went on a run of 4 consecutive 2 pointers giving me 31 pts and enough to win by 1. Having not played in over 6 months it shit a few of the others who play regularly right off. The market that was set had me as the rank outsider at 200/1 pre tournament :lol: Also the St Andrew’s Brewery is a must visit, ripping joint - they’ve converted the old training facilities of the Freedman Bros & done a great job of it. Sunday we ventured to Mt Martha but only lasted 9 holes due to rain. Course seemed ok without overly impressing.
Back to work for a rest.
by Spargo
Wed May 31, 2023 3:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Ben Roberts-Smith
He makes me sick but Kerry Stokes makes me laugh, this quote from last year:
“Ben Roberts-Smith is innocent, deserves legal representation and that it’s scumbag journalists who should be held to account and quote me on that”.
There’s a lot not right here IMO & it definitely doesn’t belong in this thread.
by Spargo
Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Vamos wrote:
Spargo wrote:
Vamos wrote:Tom "Best of the Draft" Powell dropped again, is he up to it?

Kid’s only 21 in his third year. Played 35 games, just needs more consistency. Club’s been through a bit since he got there, I reckon he’ll be ok.

What's his defensive game like ;)

Ask Korn.
by Spargo
Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 12

Vamos wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
carey wrote:Kelli Underwood just got 3 players wrong in 3 contests in a row, literally 3 in a row. She’s useless.

Got the B grade on tonight with her and Dwayne Russell

Dwayno's alright, he doesn’t put you to sleep like Jobe Watson.

Love Pipe.
by Spargo
Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Season 2023

I reckon he’s looking at 5.
by Spargo
Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 13

Buddy was worth every cent. The money alone he's bought to the club has been incredible. Our member ship number have increased a lot. He carried us in to the 2014 gf, he actually played well that day. But a white-hot hawthorn. Massive yearin 2016, unfortunately rolled his ankle early in the GF.
Last season he was good. Oiir GF showing, but he had 21 other mates
1 player doesn't win you a flag

All-Australian team: 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 (c)
4× Coleman Medal: 2014, 2017
7× Sydney leading goalkicker: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021, 2022
3× Brett Kirk Medal: 2017, 2018, 2021
2× Goodes–O'Loughlin Medal: 2017, 2022

Yet you’d trade in all these accolades for a flag.
Deep down inside you’d have to be disappointed that with the massive contract you gave him, he couldn’t deliver a premiership.
by Spargo
Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RD9 POWER VS CENTRALS ALBERTON OVAL SAT 10/6 1:10PM

What do you mean you don't trust yourself, would you get busy throwing hands at the Magpie faithful?

No Mate, just getting sucked in to verbally responding to a mob of fuc#wits who are either dumb enough to think they are still watching the old Maggies or even worse the sanctimonious pricks who know they are watching the Power Reserves so don’t have any emotional investment in the result but still revel in the oppositions misery and take the pi$$. Present company excluded of course..
I know I’m old enough to be above all of this but there it is, footy affects us in strange ways at times..
I think you speak for a lot of genuine SANFL supporters here ^
by Spargo
Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RD9 POWER VS CENTRALS ALBERTON OVAL SAT 10/6 1:10PM

When was maturity a rule on here? :lol:
by Spargo
Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Booney wrote:Not only am I here I've just looked up and confirmed Sky City has happy hours during the week and I'm keen to get there this afternoon before the footy already!

#seasonedcampaigner
by Spargo
Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton

amber_fluid wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:FOLD

You've got to know when to hold 'em

“You never count your money, when it’s hidden under the table…”
by Spargo
Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not only am I here I've just looked up and confirmed Sky City has happy hours during the week and I'm keen to get there this afternoon before the footy already!
I did tell you that a while back! :lol:
Wish I'd done the usual and gone there too.
Queen's head selection is small and they're charging almost $12 for plastic cups of beer.
WTF?
"It's because of the footy" they say.
And yet I can get an Imperial of Guiness in a glass, guess what I'm drinking.
Now if he will just take my advice on how to pour one as he's clueless.
Coz that’s what bar staff like, advice from a customer on how to do their job :lol:
by Spargo
Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 2023

Said before, I know - but geez Ponting is a delight to listen to. Second to none.
by Spargo
Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

OnSong wrote:Setting up a syndicate for a group of mates and buying into a Colt.

Any advice on the do's and don'ts when setting these things up?

Don’t buy a slow one…
by Spargo
Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Stayed up until roughly 1:30am, went to bed in the spare room & watched it on my phone. Winning runs as I hopped in the shower for work.
Red Bull number 3 and a packet of snakes keeping me going. Long day ahead but sooooo worth it…
by Spargo
Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2023 season

Crowserves are still the major concern for the comp.
Fingers crossed the pricks don’t make the AFL finals.
by Spargo
Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where will the other 9 finish?

I have a better wager reward to offer: if Glenelg finish three or more spots above Central this year, I will purchase a Glenelg membership for 2024. Are you happy, if Glenelg don't finish at least three spots higher than Central, to purchase a 2024 Central membership? That way, at least one club will come out in front from the wager.
Cheers
Bet accepted.

One club will gain an extra member in 2024 - I like it, even if I lose :)

Sunday looms large at Brighton Rd…
by Spargo
Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Michael Aish - so well deserved.
Hated him growing up, respect him so much as a grown up.
by Spargo
Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 16

Richmond succumb to the curse of the bye. Next up North, then Western Bulldogs, Power, Carlton and Giants. Surely they can't all lose?

North can buck the trend :lol: you heading along Spargo? I cant get there until quarter time, praying we are within 3 goals.
Yep, I’ll be there. I have a spare ticket if anybody needs one (and no, you won’t be sitting next to me)
by Spargo
Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 16

Haven’t heard anything from Spargo or Dutchy after the weekends game?
We’re our own worst enemy, constantly gave it back to Adelaide when not under pressure. The goals we gifted them through simple skill errors was staggering. Got within a kick going into time on of the second qtr then gave up 3 late ones. Didn’t bother to come out after half time and before you knew it the margin was 50 pts. I’d seen (and heard) enough by then, managed to make the 3:35 to Seacliff & was having a pint just after 4.
The Crows have multiple, dangerous forwards that can kick them from anywhere - matched up against our inept, slow backline it was a result that didn’t surprise. I’ll critique my mob further another time.
by Spargo
Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

Lightning McQueen wrote:Chick in the office next to has her split system set to 30 degrees and has a jacket on

Seems you can’t escape this sort of shit :lol:
by Spargo
Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

DOC wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Some Melbourne media reportedly saying that Dew will be gone by the end of the months and that Hardwick will coach the Suns next year

Just remember its Caro saying this

Gets just about everything right.

Yeah nah.
by Spargo
Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Lads, need some help. Haven't been to the airport in years and have my cousin coming over for a surprise but I'm the only person who knows. Is parking easier or can I just go to a waiting area etc ... I'm guessing the fees are high do I just need my card or do I need some special access card. TIA
Just wait in Export Park & get them to text you when they’re leaving the terminal. Pick up/drop off slip lane is policed heavily at times so it’s best to wait just around the corner.
by Spargo
Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Last Sunday went to House of Tien, Morphett Rd Glengowrie

Steamed rice, Special Fried Rice, King Prawn with Veg, Seafood Hot Pot, Crispy Chilli Beef, Honey Sesame Chicken, Chicken with Cashew Nut, 4 x Fried Ice Cream. 2 wines, 4 beers, 2 soft drinks. $210- Really really good. Under new management & doing a good job.
Service - 9/10
Food - 9/10

If you’re ever in Pt Hughes/Moonta then do yourself a favour & get your pizzas from Cafe Capella’s. We’ve never never had a bad feed from them. They’re trading as a pop up out of the golf club due to a fire, fast delivery high end pizza.
by Spargo
Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Crawley keeps playing his shots, we’re giving him the chance to constantly drive - nicking to slips soon I’m calling.
by Spargo
Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

beef wrote:So Caro was right, wonder if all the people who bagged her apologise or just the standard a broken clock is right twice a day.

I gather then she apologises & puts her hand up every time she gets it wrong?
by Spargo
Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just remember its Caro saying this

Gets just about everything right.

Yeah nah.

Nah Yeah

Again. She gets most things right,

North will be relocating to Tassie
Clarko to coach the Suns
Clarko to coach GWS
Clarko waiting on the Tassie gig
Clarko to coach Essendon
Clarko won’t return to North
Throw enough darts…
by Spargo
Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 18

Wedgie wrote:Great win but what a terrible song, I even prefer heaving and hoing with Freo to that goddamn awful Carlton song.

Nah, Carlton’s, North’s & Richmond’s songs all leave the rest for dead.
by Spargo
Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

As most of you probably know I have the misfortune of going to Northpark & Sefton Pk shopping centres daily. Last week there was a bloke openly taking a piss on the wall in the Sefton Pk car park for all to see, while the day before (not to be outdone) over the road at Northpark, two blokes got in to a punch on over queue jumping at an ATM. I now refer to that patch of Main North Rd as The Gaza Strip.
by Spargo
Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is this the one where he's running inside the centre square then changes line out side the square then comes back into the square to pick the bloke off like a gutless prick?

Can't really blame him though as he doesn't know the rules.
It’s pretty clear the lift doesn’t go to the top floor with this bloke…
by Spargo
Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am genuinely staggered Rampe got off, looked more cut & dry than most…
by Spargo
Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We are 2 zip up in the series.
The tests are in the poms backyard.
They have won the toss every test.
Time to put the foot on the throat and finish the poms and more so there peasant supporters who bow to the King.
Personally love the idea of Marsh and Green but wonder what would happen if Lyon was fit.
2-1
by Spargo
Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tennis - no thanks
by Spargo
Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 19

the punch looked like something out of the wwe and the pies player over sold it. Saying that, it was dumb from Rioli. The action alone will get him a game. Not that he deserves it
He’s already been suspended this year for head high contact which resulted in the player being concussed, he was always getting matches second time around. Slow learner.
by Spargo
Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Harry Brook :

We haven't lost yet.
They've only retained it.
If we win this week it's a draw (but it will feel like a series win)

:lol:

EFA
by Spargo
Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL media

21 years since Doug Heywood passed. To this day, the greatest commentator in the VFL/AFL. Loved him on the ABC with Drew Morphett & Geoff Leek.
by Spargo
Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

locky801 wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Sitting out on the deck, enjoying the winter sunshine, with a cleansing ale.

I'll :partyman: :partyman: :partyman: to that :D

You’d drink to anything :lol:
by Spargo
Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2023

Trolls and this the only thing keeping the tumbleweeds from rolling through here now. Admin must be thrilled.
Added to the fact we haven’t had a review in nearly a month (coinciding with 3 straight losses coincidentally) and you’ve been very hush hush on the interchange/concussion farce from last week - is it any wonder the natives are restless?
by Spargo
Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That Liberty on Marion Rd is saving our prices down South, they dont budge when the others put their prices up and they end up having to drop theirs down or get no business, its fantastic to see.

Almost every other industry needs to explain why prices go up except the petrol industry, complete manipulation.
The Liberty on the corner of Mooringe Ave & Morphett Rd hasn’t budged either.
by Spargo
Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cunners calls time.
North Melbourne great, Ben Cunnington will play a farewell game v Essendon this week & retire immediately after the match. As Shinboner # 956 he is one of the club’s most revered players renowned for tough, no nonsense approach & will be remembered as one of the greatest handballers the game has seen. He will finish on 237 games & to this day still holds the AFL record for most contested possessions in a match with 32.
They don’t make’m like him anymore.
by Spargo
Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 22

Some useless/interesting stats ahead of this round:

Gold Coast have won the previous 2 encounters at the SCG
Carlton have lost 8 in a row to Melbourne, have not beaten them since round 22 2016
This is the first time since 2015 that Adelaide have played Brisbane twice in the same minor round
NM have not beaten Essendon since Round 8 2016, 9 in a row since then to the Bombers.
GWS lead Port 3-2 at Adelaide Oval
In all games since 1980, Geelong lead Collingwood 37-36
Freo v WC have played 10 times at Optus, WC won the first 6 in a row and Freo have won the last 4.
WB have won 5 of last 6 games vs Hawthorn, but Hawks lead WB 4-2 in games played in Tassie
Last 6 games between Richmond and StK are 3-3, but Richmond have won 6 of the last 9 games at Docklands v StK.

Ben Cunnington debuted for North, coached by Brad Scott in round 5, 2010 against Hawthorn, coached by Alistair Clarkson.
His final game tomorrow, he will be coached by Alistair Clarkson & the opposition will be coached by Brad Scott.
by Spargo
Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |