Search found 241 matches

Return

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Nice work crabman.

Back to footy I reckon, that's the real issue.

Houghton look to be the best team and Flinders look to be the worst (sorry crabman) then you could throw a blanket over St Paul's, Adelaide Uni, Angle Vale, Mitchell Park and Salisbury West. 5 teams trying desperately to end up in the top 4. Who said Div 7 was ordinary. Going to be very intriguing and some serious clashes to come. :)
by Yank Man
Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

I've been on both sides, having to 'retire a coach' and getting sacked. It's never easy and frankly getting sacked made me a better coach. It taught me to work harder, get credentials and listen to the natives. I still have massive respect for the club that sacked me because they showed enormous character and did it to my face. I still pick up the Mail every Sunday and see how they are going. That was 10 years ago.

So credit to them, I've coached 2 premierships and been involved with 2 others since then. Thank you.

So how did the club go after they sacked you?

They didn't win another game but they have since worked very hard and become strong again. Good on them, frankly when I calmed down and reflected on it they made the right decision as I was clearly the wrong person in the wrong place.
by Yank Man
Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Damage? What do you mean? They might be as angry as their oval's worms and kick 35 goals instead of 32? :lol:

Mitchell Park are in for a long day, we know it, they know it, someone's minor faux pas on a Facebook page isn't going to alter any of that.

Maybe it was done on purpose and with a little tongue in cheek. Country people understand a little sheep humour, not like the city slickers. :D
by Yank Man
Wed May 20, 2015 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:it's bye week.
:evil:[/quote

:evil:
by Yank Man
Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big game for Mitchell Park this week. Beat Salisbury West and they remain in contention to play finals.

Biggest game of the year for us so far Q. Finals is way past our thoughts at the minute, we are as the great quote goes 'one game at a time' but if we put our A grade game together for 4 quarters then who knows. The group is still gelling and getting to know what we can do as a team. Rome wasn't built in a day but it did get built. :)
Surely you can squeeze in a few more cliches :lol:

That would be putting all our eggs in the one basket :lol:
by Yank Man
Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Felt like a finals game and uni were just harder for longer and spread a bit better in that last qtr. Hopefully its the kick up the bum we needed.

Hope this comes over the right way BZB27 but Adel Uni were clearly the best team we have played in the last month. 'New age footy' is what they play and I also realise you guys had some guns out against us. The St Pauls bit interests me, hope they bring their best game Saturday and not their alcohol fuelled ego, they may be in for a bit of a shock. ;)
by Yank Man
Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How the **** do you hide Varcoe? He was the biggest signing before a ball had even been bounced and every coach would have mentally noted to pay him some attention.

And I would suggest all coaches would flick through the SP team selections to see if he is playing. He was the catalyst in Angle Vales defeat on us. I was more impressed by his leadership and discipline. The team looks up to him and rightly so from what I saw just that once. Rate him.

On Ruckman, they don't win you too many games, sure you need one but back to Adel Uni again, they don't have what I consider a front ruck, so they would have had a ball last week as they did against us, because they are the best at setting up to crumb off the best rucks. Didn't see AU and Houghton play but just how I perceived it happening. Tommy won 70% of our hitouts and AU won 60% of the clearances. Yes we still have a lot of work to do to combat that but they run 8 plus through their middle and it's hard to get a handle on.
by Yank Man
Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What an incredible round we have this Saturday.
Houghton play Adel Uni for the 2nd time in 3 weeks.
St Pauls have the bye for the 2nd time in 3 weeks.
Mitchell Park play Salis West for the 2nd time in 3 weeks.
Angle Vale play Flinders Uni for the 2nd time in 3 weeks.

Houghton win they sit on top and cruising, they lose again to Adel Uni and its game on for top spot.
Mitchell Park win and they can sit top 4 still, they lose and will be under the pump again as Angle Vale should defeat Flinders and its back to a 3 way go for 4th spot.
That in turn puts St Pauls as the meat in the sandwich.

Going to be interesting to check the results Saty Night.
by Yank Man
Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:A loss to Angle Vale and it makes it difficult to get into the top four. Big game for both sides.

Should be a great game, but not the B all and end all.

I also smell an upset, Salisbury West over Adelaide Uni. Why can't we get Uni during exams and the snow season. :D
by Yank Man
Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Phil Walsh murdered

I woke this morning and did the usual, breckie, shower and in the car for my 70k trip to the city. Turned the radio on and went WTF? This can't be real surely it's a gag. The more I listened the more I began to realise it was reality. I was numb for 60 minutes and here it is 14 hours later and I still can't believe it. I have children and grand children and right now, footy means zip, I feel for the family. We can all play our great game with passion every week but this would be like being hit with a truck to them.
God give everyone close to Walshy the strength to soldier on. I'm sure that's what he would want, and I've never had the privilege to meet him.
by Yank Man
Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Has Mitchell Park had a mid season influx of new players, or benefiting from putting they're best side on the park?

The latter Q. Finally got injured ones back, got the positions and structure working better with continuity. Was always going to take a bit of time with new coaches, new players and pretty much a new club. We have played some good footy in the last 5 weeks but to be honest we still lack depth quality and we wouldn't need too much to go wrong but confidence spreads.
by Yank Man
Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congrats to Zedman and the Lockleys lads yesterday being the first side to beat the rampaging Panthers since 2013. Was a great game to watch and no doubt Smithfield will learn from yesterday's loss and come back firing next week. The Lockleys lads were on top from the first bounce yesterday and maybe be the ones who now have the better of the Panthers. Only time will tell I suppose.

And you ventured down to Rutland Ave and not Park 10 because???????? :D
by Yank Man
Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The dude in the pink helmet.

For some unknown reason (I think it was started by our Reserves coach) the rumour went around that he was a legitimate Lithuanian Sprinter and it stuck. It proved to be quite funny as the day wore on. :lol: :lol:

And before people jump on the bandwagon, it was a term of endearment, he racked up the possies and kicked a goal, God Bless him...............but he did wear a pink helmet, a sight I have never witnessed in my lifetime of footy.

All that said I have massive respect for the crabbies, must be difficult to front up each week without a win, but in patches Saturday they played as good as any team we have played this year. Just couldn't sustain it for long periods. Well done to Bharat, the boys are hearing the message.
by Yank Man
Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

:D I'm a bit disappointed as we enter the first week of finals, particularly in a Div that most deem insignificant.

Not one sledge, no giddy ups, no in your faces and everyone keeping quiet. Well apart from the odd St Paul's people sledging themselves.
by Yank Man
Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Less rain than originally forecast in the lead up to Saturday, but it will be enough to still make both finals a slog in the mud. If Mitchell Park go in full strength I'm tipping them in an upset.

An upset??? We beat them by 12 goals and lost by 1 with half a team. If we lose we have under achieved. We will put them out of everyone's misery and yes we will be at full strength Q with a couple of very unlucky lads not playing. 47 years of history versus 1 year of........well you work it out.

Sledge on. :D
by Yank Man
Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interesting that AU have permits for Carroll, Henderson, Chalk and Lewis, but have only selected the latter two for the D7 game. Carroll playing 1R, Henderson i don't see.

Look I get the permit stuff, no biggie, what I don't get is how the hell Chalk can get a permit having played 4 Div 7 games and 9 Div 1 reserves games and back from injury last week in C2. That's exploitation when the rules are clear, you have to have played majority of games in the grade you are applying for a permit to. Free interchange should only apply to finals and not be applicable to teams still figuring in minor round matches.
by Yank Man
Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am still waiting for the now traditional weekly Yank Man spray!

More dunghill references please :lol:

Speaking of dung hills, right next to our lovely home in Yank is a dairy farm and 50 odd of the sweetest girls have been down right by our fence today and there is no wind. That's a smell I'm sure a few of you Houghton lads know. :D
by Yank Man
Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't have many words as I'm still pretty gutted but huge congratulations to Mitchell Park. A victory for the ages, you completely outworked us in the second half and were deserving winners.

You're a class act Q and we always knew what this would mean to your club. Whilst we can enjoy the victory we all feel for you and everyone at Raider land. Oddly enough I think the big deck at Thebarton helped us a bit more once we got our running game going.

To everyone at Mitchell Park who just worked so hard in the last 12 months to get our club back to this from where we were this time last year I thank you from the bottom of my heart. A lot of that goes to Shane Lynch and his amazing assistants Tom Roberts and Brad Steele, but Shane had his knockers when we appointed him but he picked us up off the canvas and developed us to this and was rewarded with his 1st A grade premiership, now maybe those people need to look in their own backyards. Great result my friend. ;)
by Yank Man
Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Probably a mix up with lingo I'd suggest.,,

We paid a coach, who also played - counts IMO. We sponsored players by waiving fees for subs, shorts, socks. We also chipped in to help with some moving costs. We also found work for a few players.

They're all "payments" in my book. Incentives, payments, lures, carrots whatever.

Mix in lingo yes, but the total of 'incentives' was less than $2k. As I also said we payed out less this year to win a flag than we did last year to get flogged by 40 goals and win one game. End of story. :D
by Yank Man
Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Probably a mix up with lingo I'd suggest.,,

We paid a coach, who also played - counts IMO. We sponsored players by waiving fees for subs, shorts, socks. We also chipped in to help with some moving costs. We also found work for a few players.

They're all "payments" in my book. Incentives, payments, lures, carrots whatever.

Mix in lingo yes, but the total of 'incentives' was less than $2k. As I also said we payed out less this year to win a flag than we did last year to get flogged by 40 goals and win one game. End of story. :D

I think that statement says a lot about the difference between Div6 & Div7. Good luck in 6 next year Yank Man

100% agree but at the start of the year it was more about self preservation of our great club. We understand fully what is required to make ourselves competitive in Div 6 and money will need to spent and we are already in preparation for that to happen.
by Yank Man
Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mate when I bite separate threads need to be created.

Factually correct statement

So if Div 7 is the 'nursery' of the comp I, for one , are proud of all you 'kids' that participated. Made some terrific friends this year.

What marbles doesn't get is the very fabric of clubs strength is in actual fact the competition between lowly ranked A grade clubs and the super powerhouse C grades. We thrive and learn from them, besides where is written in the league rules and regs that we all must strive to go up and up the grades and cease to enjoy where we are and what we do.

TOOL of the week. ;)
by Yank Man
Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Congratulations Kilburn, they sure know how switch on when they need to!

They had my heart racing at the end there.

The game was pretty much goal for goal, I think the biggest margin of the game was 16 points and that was 5 minutes into the last quarter, then BANG.

I feel for Pag. I really really feel for Pag.

What a great result, sorry Pag you would be gutted.

But seriously, when clubs get the acid put on them, rightly so, you start to look closely at the real reasons your club has survived this long and how you f....ed it up along the way. What a story the Chics and the Lions. We celebrate with you guys, we know what you have been through.
by Yank Man
Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Cats
Pictures of cats

C'mon, cats are amazing. Mine got hit by a car, lost a rear leg and a tail, that was 10 years ago and he's now 15 and still kicking ass.

But the the thing that gives me the shits the most is politics. What a bunch of dildos, seriously and we pay their wages. Maybe we are the dickheads. Sack me all I say.
by Yank Man
Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:
cracka wrote:So now we're really going to see how those myths work or don't work. :D

Will be interesting to see if he still believes in those myths as the season progresses as well.. :lol:

The karma bus has arrived. :D
by Yank Man
Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Divison 3 2016

Failed Creation wrote:The SAAFL clearances page says Nathan McCammon has left Kilburn, and signed with Mawson Lakes.

He's one player I enjoyed watching last year, and I hope Tim Bigg and Phil Cutting can fill his shoes.

He's a big in for the Lakers. Good player.
by Yank Man
Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

I guess the initial reaction when you get a clearance in for a player you have just contracted is to deny the clearance in first instance, thus giving you an opportunity to get in front of the player and see why. Just my thoughts. It's not for us I believe to lay blame on anyone but just to hope it gets resolved amicably.
by Yank Man
Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I reckon clearances stay pending until that player actually completes his registration for 2016?

Correct, step 1 approved by club, step 2 approved by association they come from, step 3 auto approval from Adel Footy League, then step 4 is when the player completes his on line rego. So a player can remain pending for some time until he does his bit. Most times if he is in pending status and it's weeks after the due date then he is more than likely cleared but hasn't completed his on line rego.
by Yank Man
Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Speaking of Morell, I have been in negotiations with him over the last few days and I think it's time we sent out the call for fans to get him back. He wants to but I'm sure he struggles with idle chat and frankly would not like to see his coaching career go down the toilet as a result of a dumb and tiradical post.

So here it is, LETS GET MORELL BACK........ Vote with your voice Legends.
by Yank Man
Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1....Finally It Is Here

I'm not watching the game but checking it out on AFL live, is Dangerfield on 43 possessions. Wow, he is Geelong the greatest team of all, lol.
Not a Cats fan btw.
by Yank Man
Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done to Mawson Lakes last Saturday, they play like a team that has been together for a long time and were too good on the day. Special cheerio to Matty Ralph who played in the ressies. A goal was disputed by the Lakers goal umpire and after much deliberation Ralphy insisted it was in fact a goal. All class champ.

turn it up.... all class :lol: silly prick bought a new suit for Saturday night, fell down the stairs at some joint and spent a few hours getting his cankle checked out in the hospital sunday.

morgan is still a girls name :D

Yeah saw him in that nice blue suit after the game, and yes Morgan is also a girls name, but a winning girls name. :D
by Yank Man
Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done to Mawson Lakes last Saturday, they play like a team that has been together for a long time and were too good on the day. Special cheerio to Matty Ralph who played in the ressies. A goal was disputed by the Lakers goal umpire and after much deliberation Ralphy insisted it was in fact a goal. All class champ.

He learnt that at Paralowie.[/

From the great man no doubt :D
by Yank Man
Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by Yank Man
Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

guess when we play you guys ill ask some players what they get paid out at ingle farm and do my research :)

im sure all players will say they play for free cause they love the club :)

I think it's time Robb_Stark gets a ban every time he accuses a player of taking heaps of cash when they play in a lower div. what ya reckon Mods?

I have great respect for what the farmers have not only done as a club, but their target recruiting has been spot on. Good blokes who don't chase coin. Verigan returning is a big pick up, Sumner is also a big in, Lynchy is also a good player returning.
Maybe Robb will have his feet put firmly back on the ground come 5pm Saty. ;)
by Yank Man
Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'll do a Carey, easy round.

Trinity over MP 60 points
Houghton over Woody Sth 24pts
West Croydon over Farm 30 plus
Mawson Lakes over Luthies 50 pts
Brahma over Fitzroy by lots
by Yank Man
Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 1 2016

Can someone confirm if Dylan Jessen signed with Salisbury North or not?

You'd have to think Head Office would love the prospect of that

As far as I'm aware he has kept out of trouble since being released and I hear training hard. There is nothing wrong with giving a bloke with a history another shot at life. Indeed in my view it's admirable.

Around the courts it's a common view that people in organised sports are far less likely to run foul of the law. The sooner people realise that clubs like Salisbury North provide a valuable service to the community the better.

proved you wrong shrek :)

I'm actually with you on this TBS. In my time as coach I've helped a few lads who fell foul of the law, mostly through brain fades. The footy community was a good place for them to be and certainly helped put them back on track.
by Yank Man
Wed May 04, 2016 9:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

:lol: REOW! Claws are out, and D6 thread has gone bitchy :lol:
Its the most entertaining thread on here by a mile. I'm still planning on going to the Houghton v Ingle Farm game in 2 weeks, I just hope you guys don't disappoint me & be nice to each other on the field.

I'm doing the same.

I expect a lot of hair pulling, scratching and various types of name calling.

You're kidding carey yeah, both teams bark is worst than their bite. ;)
by Yank Man
Fri May 06, 2016 10:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks to Brahma Lodge yesterday, it was a good game til 1/2 way the 3rd quarter when there was 5 points in it, then you blew us away and went up a gear like good sides do. Cheers for the jugs after the game too.

I'm just looking forward to the next 3 games, 2 at home plus Luthies, gunna save me a s..t load on fuel costs. Long way from Yank to the never never, especially 2 weeks in a row.
by Yank Man
Sun May 08, 2016 8:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

65 kicks gets my attention :P

who else guys? steele obvious

but what bout other teams? walzak? clarke ?

Walczak might have a few 1 votes but no 3's. You need to be winning to get them. Steele is the best player I've seen so far, but haven't seen West Croydon. The danger for both the Hawks and Brahma is they would have quite a few taking votes of each other.
Was very surprised to see Walczak was name 2nd best for you on the weekend. I thought he might of had max 15 touches (with most in the first half) and then was shut down pretty well by Hayes in the 2nd.

Steele is a gun, has just got better each week after having a very off opening game against West Croydon and is always recognised by the umps because he is at pretty much every stoppage. Thought Brooks played his best game for the club on weekend and he too will just keep getting better I reckon.

Wait til you see Sumner then YM, the kid is a freak... is very fit and is just so clean and skilful both inside and outside of the contest... he would be catching the umpires eyes for sure and imo would be leading the count at the moment given they have won all their games, probably stating the obvious there. Long way to go in the season though..

Hayes just pretty much ran with him, I thought the game changer was you changed your game plan in the second half. Look forward to hopefully seeing Sumner in our return bout.
by Yank Man
Mon May 09, 2016 7:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:Just doing our best to reach 100 pages in this thread before Saturday

99 and it's only Thursday :D
by Yank Man
Thu May 12, 2016 11:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I can honestly say that in all my years in footy I have never seen a central ump admit a mistake and change his decision, but I saw it yesterday. One of our pups got crunched by two Woody Sth players and tackled to the ground head high, nothing in it I might add just tough footy. The ump payed a free against our lad for holding the ball. He then asked the ump that if it was holding the ball and not head high, how was it that he was bleeding profusely from the mouth. The ump thought about it for a second and said yeah, sorry might have got that one wrong, you're free but as soon as you kick the footy go straight to your bench under the blood rule. It happened right in front of our bench so we heard it all. Sanity prevails and 10 out 10 to the ump. Both umps were really good all day too.
by Yank Man
Sun May 15, 2016 5:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

;) Tomorrow could be an interesting day.
by Yank Man
Wed May 18, 2016 11:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

One thing is for sure,

West Croydon
Woody Sth
Ingle Farm
Houghton
Trinity
Mawson Lakes
Adel Lutheran
Mitchell Park
Fitzroy

= Brahma Lodges budget :D
by Yank Man
Fri May 20, 2016 9:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not this year i dont haha ive kicked just as many points as goals.

You want some goal kicking tips? im 100% this year...

Nah, he hasn't kicked a goal on MP this year, keep it that way BZB27. Guess who gets you next time champ. :D

I thought everyone here was friends, you can't be dropping "champ" on people :shock:

The definition of champ is short for champion and refers to a winner who excels and enjoys victories. Hope that clears it up.
by Yank Man
Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The definition of champ is short for champion and refers to a winner who excels and enjoys victories. Hope that clears it up.
The Urban dictionary definition for champ is a wack person, a loser, someone who lacks coolness, not popular, annoying ;) :D

Def not me then ;)

Definitely not, I'm sure you knew it was meant as a term of endearment BZB27.
by Yank Man
Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Yank Man
Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Clubs for 2017

When all the SAFA Clubs came into SAAFL they all started down in the bottom Divisions and then worked there way into the division they should be in. ( even if meant winning a few fags on the way)

No they didnt lol

1996 about 15 teams joined and 3 premier division were made. These divisions were set higher than A1

The div 1 and 2 clubs chose to go up to these divs to join the premier divs :D

When the SAFA clubs came in Athelstone were offered Div 1 as the reigning premiers, they thought they needed time to get their head around the comp, it was then handed to Edwardstown who accepted. As it was difficult for the league to decifer the strength of the SAFA clubs, the league decided on a Premier competition because they knew SAFA clubs paid money and SAAFL was basically Amatuer back then.

Absolutely no relevance to the current situation. That was a long time ago and things have changed big time.
by Yank Man
Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No time, he's out playing pokemon...

Hahaha, FC, he's actually realised how easy this week is.

Fitzroy with their multi cultural round will pump Luthies. Tai Wheadon to kick 6
West Croydon in cruise control over Houghton in the bog.
Brahma Lodge will win, Lions to be brave with McDonnell bagging 6 with Aloisi kept to 4
Farmers over The Lakers and Lynch to be best on.
Woody Sth over Trinity in a slog at the college.

And the ladder will read

West Croydon 29
Woody Sth 26
Ingle Farm 24
Brahma 20
Mawsons 10
Fitzroy 10
M Park 8
Houghton 8
Luthies 6

Three way go for relegation. I reckon Carey said ages ago the top 4 are in a world of their own. :D
by Yank Man
Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

im agree with that bloke above that 8th place being relegated in unfair and is a direct consequence caused by the failure of para hills to stay on its feet. the div 4 clubs have been through enough as it is due to their fallout and now tidal waves are still occurring from their departure and are still hurting fellow clubs

on the other hand one could be ruthless and say well youve been below average in this higher grade this year, 8th place no glorious season, we have new major infrastructure to be built here for the long term excellence of the whole league and you and your 8th place need to get out the way

for your argument however, if para hills were still in this division and there were 10 teams, how do you think the league would be instead approaching the entrance of the new clubs. would 3 teams just be relegated anyway?

Hyperthetical, deal with facts. If my Aunty had..............Carey's number she'd be very happy!

Lol

Hahaha, someone has better access than me, I didn't say that Carey, although probably true. :D
by Yank Man
Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So what Salisbury west are getting one this year.who cares.better teams than the Brighton fly by nighters have started in 6 and accepted the decision

Their situation is a lot different. You don't offer Brighton at least Div 3 you don't get them and believe me they will make our competition a lot stronger. ;)
by Yank Man
Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah, and Brighton would smash West Croyden by 30 goals.
if Brighton were to come into Div6 would they have the same team.im sure sfl teams would try to recruit off them and some players wouldn't want to play lower grade amateurs.see how badly they want to come into our comp by starting them low

Why would we weaken a club whose attractiveness toour league is their strength?

Given the debacle of sides not wanting to go into D3 over the last lustrum having a strong club capable and willing to go to D3 is a God send

Spot on jo172. I'm glad someone else gets it. Thought I might have been the lone soldier. Brighton are a great club and will bring with them strength, discipline, professionalism and will earn the respect of all clubs in SAAFL very quickly. ;)
by Yank Man
Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |