Search found 113 matches

Return

Head Trainer Required

Due to unforeseen circumstances Mitchell Park Football Club require a Head Trainer for the remainder of the 2017 season. Must be qualified and available training nights and Saturdays. Great remuneration available to the right person. For further details PM me or phone Shayne Lynch on 0419 811 301.
by Half Back Flanker
Sun May 07, 2017 7:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Head Trainer Required

Already on to that......fingers crossed we can get someone soon
by Half Back Flanker
Tue May 09, 2017 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Head Trainer Required

morell wrote:#DontShitInYourOwnNest

That's the pot calling the kettle black Morell.........especially around the month of April ;)
by Half Back Flanker
Tue May 09, 2017 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

I can say as a coach of this division that communication is the key. Life is busier these days than those of years when i played. If blokes are working or like Morell and have your Missus Aunties Birthday, that they need to be open and transparent about why they cannot train. Seems to be working well for us this year as numbers are a lot stronger than previous years I've been told.
by Half Back Flanker
Mon May 15, 2017 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

At the end of the day Morell, if you want your club to climb the divisions and get out of Div 7 you need to commit and build success. That doesn't happen playing Pokemon Go or being a sooky la la. That happens through a group of committed people with a common goal working together. I understand there are blokes these days that wanna hug in a circle an sing kum ba yah, but there is also blokes who are committed footballers. Now you contradict yourself because you very rarely miss a session, so lets move on from this crap, get talking about this weeks footy!!!!
by Half Back Flanker
Tue May 16, 2017 2:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:hahahah I miss that Phantom Gossiper dude, he was a funny poster

Trust you Morell :D :D :D
by Half Back Flanker
Tue May 23, 2017 11:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Who would've thought.....English lessons in the Division 7 thread.
by Half Back Flanker
Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Some of the ex Mitchell Park boys been showing some interest in leaving Marion and returning to the Den............was wondering how long it would take.
by Half Back Flanker
Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:Thank you @carey you legend!

Agreed......well done Great Man !!!! On the return bout half a dozen red tins on me !!!
by Half Back Flanker
Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Really pleasing to see people from other clubs helping out with our fundraiser for one of our seriously injured players. We have an amazing competition with some really great people through all clubs. With all the crap going on in this world, it really makes you appreciate that there are some great people in our community. Thanks guys.
by Half Back Flanker
Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Zartan wrote:
Half Back Flanker wrote:Your all over it aren't ya mate.......like a fat kid with cake.......oh hang on a minute ;) ;)

You're*

Happy now English Master?
by Half Back Flanker
Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2017

Hard to see Salisbury North surviving in A1 after this. I watched them last week and they were pretty solid, in fact, a little unlucky to lose in the end. Based on that form I would have been confident of them surviving in Div 1, but now they are 4 games adrift with 10 games to go. Must be hard for their A grade players to stick at it when someone in a lower grade results in them getting whacked.

Agreed. Would need to win maybe 7 of their last 10. They have been good in patches but don't seem to have the depth this year to win a sustained run of games.

Modbury, PNU and Uni would be breathing a sigh of relief.

Oath

They say that Div 1 is a bloody hard comp to play in. I'm looking forward to seeing first hand in 4 years time. ;)

Pretty confident aren't ya Growler? I suppose if you keep forking out ca$h for ex AFL footballers you will build sustainable success won't ya?
by Half Back Flanker
Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey All, Unfortunately we had a pretty serious incident in our game satdee, one of our favourites is in a bad way in hospital.

If you like, chip in to help:

https://www.gofundme.com/travishyde

The Mitchell Park Football Club is a tight knit community, sadly one of our favourite sons was seriously hurt on the weekend laying his body on the line for our club. He needs your help!

Travis Hyde pushed back into a contest and copped a knee to his side. The knee pushed through his ribcage and punctured his lung requiring a chest drain. Trav has had litres of blood drained from his chest cavity, is in significant amounts of pain and is still in hospital.

Obviously this means Trav will be out of footy action for a while, but more importantly this also means he is unable to work as a labourer. With the clubs insurance only covering 50% of his medical expenses, Trav needs a bit of help to get through.

We're not asking for a lot of money, this isnt about getting a new car or funding an overseas trip, just enough to fend off the banks for a month. Medical costs in the hundreds (thus far) and a newly signed mortgage means we need about ~$2.5k to help Trav to get through this period.

This is a Mitchell Park Football Club initiative, Trav wouldn’t have expected or wanted it, but we're doing it anyway. We also understand players get injured, but considering the extreme nature of Trav's injuries and the impact it will have on his life outside of footy, we thought this was something we could do to help one of our own.

Trav has provided us all with many moments of elation since he’s come to Mitchell Park. Suffice to say the 2015 flag simply would not have occurred without him. He’s now a Vice Captain and a leader within our community.

So get behind him like he has for us. Chip in if you can. Anything helps.

Morell, do you have an update on how the lad is going? Recovery time etc. Will the lad be back playing at all? I sincerely hope he will continue playing.

Carey, Trav is still pretty sore and is on the mend mate. Our main focus atm is to see him back working, which will still be a bit away, Doubt we will see him back playing footy though.

A massive thanks to everyone who has donated to the cause. Trav is quite humbled by the support from the broader footy community. Thanks to all
by Half Back Flanker
Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:
Half Back Flanker wrote:I've found what you've lost mate ;)

If you're not careful you'll start looking like Luke Hosie.

C'mon mate....no need to be like that. You're just being plain hurtful now.......I have feelings you know
by Half Back Flanker
Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:
morell wrote:No, he doesn't, fortunately we managed to pay him with 10% off Papa Mia's Pizza Vouchers and a Rogaine subscription.

Lol :lol:

Looks like the Papa Mia's is working but the Rogaine I'm not so sure about! ;)

I've found what you've lost mate ;)
by Half Back Flanker
Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've found what you've lost mate ;)
If you're not careful you'll start looking like Luke Hosie.

C'mon mate....no need to be like that. You're just being plain hurtful now.......I have feelings you know

Morell reckons you have 3 feelings- Angry , Hungry and Tired.

Dealing with him constantly, what do you expect?
by Half Back Flanker
Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2017

AFL Glenunga Cornes, Kane Pending 2017-06-16 @morell
by Half Back Flanker
Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great work Grabba....all the best for Saturday mate !!!
by Half Back Flanker
Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not to mention all the effort that has gone into organizing the big fellas 300th
by Half Back Flanker
Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:Stop being modest Morell simply no place for that on this forum.

For what it's worth I think you should be in.

A few people scoffed at the idea when I bought him in to the A grade, but seriously, he hasn't put a foot wrong. Been very reliable in our back 50
by Half Back Flanker
Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks to everyone at Central United for their efforts today celebrating Nat McDonnells 300th game. Really great to see two clubs respecting a champion bloke and player. Hats off to you all. Great to have a beer with some great people out there after the game. Thanks
by Half Back Flanker
Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:
morell wrote:We'll see.

Good to see your career threatening injury hasn't managed to impact your forum posting ability :D

I reckon he'd still be able to still type with all his fingers broken!!!
by Half Back Flanker
Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yorke Peninsula Football League Salisbury West Wellington , Steven Pending 2017-07-11

Back for a week on a permit cause Ardrossan have the bye??

Denied apparently
No brainer.. why would you allow your paid recruit to go home and play in the slums of D6 for a week and risk injury so close towards finals?
and he is easily ardrossans best player by a mile i would never allow one of my players to play on a permit regardless of the ladder position..
unless i could get the services of the great CAREY for a game :D

C'mon mate, you don't want to blow the clubs budget.......the great man doesn't come cheap ;)
by Half Back Flanker
Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SOO 2016

NSW Flogs.JPG
by Half Back Flanker
Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:Image

C'mon Morell, remember what you did back in April ;) ;)
by Half Back Flanker
Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

@Morell posted for you mate :D :D
by Half Back Flanker
Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Keen to hear from anyone who would be interested in being a part of the Raiders in 2018 and beyond. For more information, or to have a confidential chat with myself, 'Q', or Mel Keetch, feel free to get in touch.
Love watching footy at your ground, your mob are an untapped commodity.
Get Zartan pissed enough.
#Zartan4HoughtonCoach

Would make a great Senior Coach our little mate ;)
by Half Back Flanker
Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Go Farmers....you bloody beauty

Great work to everyone involved at Ingle Farm. Pretty bloody wrapped to see success
by Half Back Flanker
Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2017

Will be interesting to see if Ingle Farm can consolidate next year, from memory (which isn't great), they've often not lasted too long in D5 in decent times.

On a different topic, DeesBees are pretty fortunate to have the likes of Olson, Russo, Paton running around for them at the business end. All clearly a class above D5R.

Yes we didn't go past div 4 and didn't stay up too long, which was a shame for some people that did a lot of hard work those years to get up, then new management let it slip. However, i can promise you we are not up here to make up numbers. We have good coaching staff and a young talented side. Add a committee that bleed Green and White and want to see this club succeed and i think we are finally on the right track. And don't think we don't understand the hard work it takes to get up the grades, we do and will leave nothing to chance on our quest. I took over when this club bottomed out in Division 7 and i will never let it go there again.

Congratulations Great Man you have done a fantastic job and no one could ever doubt your love for the club. Massive rewards ahead for all involved and great to see the club in such a great position.
by Half Back Flanker
Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lokan sacked

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Kane Cornes is whispered to be in the mix for the coaching gig...

Not sure what that does to his media commitments

Surely not....The club needs to move forward and this wouldn't be doing that. Bloke will drive too many people away from the club. FLOG!!
by Half Back Flanker
Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals week 2

Piss weak crowd tonight. More proof the game should be down in Geelong. If GWS shitsville can get a home game, we should also. F**k you AFL!!
by Half Back Flanker
Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals week 2

Proves my point tonight that this Taylor forward project is ridiculous. He is a back man pure and simple!
by Half Back Flanker
Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:@Half Back Flanker

Some potential leads

Get the Footy Director on to it ;) ;)
by Half Back Flanker
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2017

Welcome home Gaz !!!!!!Image
by Half Back Flanker
Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

Something more serious is....why are you watching Neighbours??????
by Half Back Flanker
Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

Cougar wrote:Reading another thread, has Mitchell Park sacked Knowles?

No Mate. the club and I have parted ways amicably.
by Half Back Flanker
Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2018

zedman wrote:shane baldock..

Aka Matt Damon
by Half Back Flanker
Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ummm sorry Office Jet, you might find I actually know him and recruited him to a club a few years back. Know his history quite well. Oh yeah by the way, it’s google not goggle bud
by Half Back Flanker
Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING!

TTG run very deep as a club and their stocks have been bolstered plenty this year. Would've thought that this is a massive challenge for us, but at the end of day it's literally just a run around. Who really cares.

The bigger question is, can you get yourself match fit to sneak onto the bench in the first game? Since joining the SANFL bureaucracy you've been on the Tommy Javor diet and emulated the Tommy Javor physique.

I've seen that diet first hand.....pretty impressive
by Half Back Flanker
Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 Division 5 Tipping Comp

Round 4:

Lockleys vs. Ingle Farm 40+
Woodville South vs. CBCOC 1-39
Smithfield vs. Pulteney 1-39
Blackfriars OS vs. Hectorville 1-39
Kenilworth vs. Hope Valley 1-39
by Half Back Flanker
Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bedge.jpg

Was good to see you old mate ;)
by Half Back Flanker
Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2018

Whats happened at Salisbury for the Luke and Matt Drewett to go out to Trinity. Isnt Luke the b grade coach?

I heard Luke wasn’t happy which grade people were making themselves available to play. Wasn’t happy with the way the hierarchy of the club saw it also, so decided to part ways. No doubt Pag would be able to make it clearer though
by Half Back Flanker
Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Where has all hell broken loose? Bit over-dramatic don't you think?

There's a rule on this forum, if there's a report, the details don't get discussed until after its been to tribunal.

You clowns should know that by now.

Clowns???, Gee that's a bit harsh, considering your the one who bought it up. Maybe someone like you, with your relationship with all at Thebby Oval, should've known maybe not to mention it in the first place? Just saying.........play on :D
by Half Back Flanker
Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Where has all hell broken loose? Bit over-dramatic don't you think?

There's a rule on this forum, if there's a report, the details don't get discussed until after its been to tribunal.

You clowns should know that by now.

Clowns???, Gee that's a bit harsh, considering your the one who bought it up. Maybe someone like you, with your relationship with all at Thebby Oval, should've known maybe not to mention it in the first place? Just saying.........play on :D

It was meant as an affectionate term to all and sundry, except for you .

So a personal attack on me for questioning a topic you started......I don't know what your problem is with me but you obviously have one. I'm going to say what everyone else is too afraid to, it's either your way or the highway. Sorry but this is a public forum, that's right, PUBLIC. Not yours, so stop acting that way.

Rant over, lets all move on and play nice.
by Half Back Flanker
Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carey's 2018 Div 6 Tipping

Get in early so i don't forget again :oops:

Round 12

Elizabeth v Fitzroy 1-30
Greenacres v West Croydon 60+
Rosewater v Brahma Lodge 31-60
Adelaide Lutheran v Salisbury West 31-60
Trinity v Para Hills 1-30
by Half Back Flanker
Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If it is true it’s a shame considering the hard work that has been done and the success so far.

Pity we can’t talk about is because someone who thinks they are a member of the gestapo will send us all on a holiday. No doubt it will play itself out.
by Half Back Flanker
Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am hearing the leading goal kicker in Div6 is now back to being a defender and is a little disgruntled by it?

It won’t matter as at least 1, if not 2 Rosewater forwards will kick double figures tomorrow and turn that list on it’s head. Worst Para Hills side on paper I’ve ever seen.

I’ve heard Rosewater are resting 4-5 as they seen the Para Hills list! :shock:

3-4 absolute C graders on that list.

What’s happening down there great man? I see plenty of quality only playing in the twos this year and am hearing that’s where they are happy to play.
by Half Back Flanker
Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final teams.

For 115 minutes when it was 18 vs 18, Eagles 95 to North 92.
For 5 minutes when it was 19 vs 18, North 8 to Eagles 0.

The only solution that sits right with me, is a full replay next Sunday. Bit unfair on Norwood, making them wait three weeks between games.

Having said that I don't think either NA or WWT could complain too much if a replay was ordered.

A replay would be the fairest option
by Half Back Flanker
Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final

woodublieve12 wrote:I think Godden has more to apologise for than Carr.

You are a dead set flog......
by Half Back Flanker
Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

Heard yesterday Scott McMahon will be going through the process
by Half Back Flanker
Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |