Search found more than 5497 matches

Return

Re: BL&G Football League

He shouldve been umpired out of the game years ago, certainly cuts a fine line in regards to shepherding, blocking whatever you want to call it at ruck contests
Yeah, I pinged him a few times in the centre ball ups and he certainly let me know he didn't like my calls, it's a tough one around the grounds though.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

MW wrote:I didnt say anything about Lynch, just find it hilarious that anyone would remotely believe what is printed in that rag

Unless it makes it on to Facebook it's nothing but heresay.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

Umpires dont know the rules surrounding ruck contests and he breaks them more often than not

Big Call.
Not sure the umpires in 3 country leagues and zone championships would agree. Or be pleased to know this.
The only infringements that I've seen him make was at the centre bounces where he'd run past the line into the opponents half and then turned to block his run, it's fair game around the ground, he totally confuses the opposing ruckman.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Club Best and Fairests

giffo wrote:Lockleys-

A grade- Lee Kennedy, runner-up James Drage.
B Grade- Dominic Ascoli, runner-up Owen Foureur
C Grade- Brett Matschink & Jaseton Heath tied, Chris Dickie runner-up.

Awesome.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arch44 wrote:
giffo wrote:Lockleys-

A grade- Lee Kennedy, runner-up James Drage.
B Grade- Dominic Ascoli, runner-up Owen Foureur
C Grade- Brett Matschink & Jaseton Heath tied, Chris Dickie runner-up.

Zartan notice the Bgrade winner here? ;)

Or the Runner Up: Gold Coast O & 4.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

JK wrote:It was an Allens snake - Pretty sure I ate it before I made the post, but I figure they are pretty durable anyway

Well then, I could've dropped it, posted, then ate it....................if it was red of course, the green one may have been put back in the bag.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ours is tonight and don't include finals obviously, but we do have a player of the finals.

I gotta admit I find that odd, strange and ridiculous your b&f is on a Thursday night

Feel free to come down to our AGM and join the committee.
I've seen the count done on a Thursday night and then the presentation a few weeks later, it worked well.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Old Adelaide

There's a photo on Facebook that often floats about, it's a plane flying low over Kings Road at Parafield Airport from the 50's, it always gets me thinking until I stop thinking.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Despite the obvious poor results on the field, it seems that the spirits are pretty high out at the Bridge, they seem to be a tight knit group who don't beat themselves up about their current position.
They've done well to field 2 teams every week, hats off to those who have stuck around and done the hard yards.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

My favourite Qism.

With the popularity of discovering the treasures in somewhere else, then so many people are trying to choose some powerful tools or any other useful equipment to realize the highest detection rates. Although there can be so many factors that will play a role on the way, most of professionals should know that a powerful detector can half your efforts with the same result. Here comes the chance for you if you really want to change your previous detection way, then you can seize this opportunity to come to http://www.detectorall.com to gain more details, there always can be one that meet your demand so well.
Treasure hunt this

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/4552968/metal-ddddiiickk-o.gif
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Congrats Zed on your progression to the GF and getting Lockleys to D5 in your first year at the club.. regardless of what cattle you have at your disposal that's an incredible effort. Have Lockleys playing a very enjoyable brand of football to watch, and with perhaps a couple of quality additions over the summer returning to the Den I think you'll more than hold your own in D5.

Congrats also to human torpedo - first year coaching and taken his side to the GF. They're a good unit, well balanced, sound understanding of how they need to play..

.. but they're beatable 8) :lol:

Cant wait for this Saturday, the atmosphere alone between the two games should be incredible - 3x clubs (Smithfield, Ingle Farm, West Croydon) that have a large following of very vocal, enthusiastic and feral supporters :lol:

#LoveIn
#CareyGetOnIt
The day is being sponsored and filmed by "Bogan Hunters".
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FINALS WEEK 3 (DRAFT)

I wonder if anyone would back me in a world-wide campaign to remove the hashtag symbol from the keyboard...

noughts and crosses or nothing ;)
We re-arrange the letters on an old bloke's laptop at work who's a single finger typist. He goes off his tree when he finally looks up at the screen to see what he has written.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

LMA wrote:Any games on this week?

Port Adelaide are playing Fremantle A
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There is always one club in D6 that pays through the roof. In previous years it was CLG and Rosewater. I reckon Smithfield's budget would be pretty sizable and I know Lockleys pay ok.

Payments are only one aspect though, as you correctly point out. The training, commitment and motivation with D6 A Grade sides is orders of magnitude higher than your average D7 side. Makes a monumental difference.
Mate, you have no idea. Unless it's coming straight out of the coach's pocket you are dreaming. the members would stop going to the club on Friday nights if the money they were handing over the bar was going to pay players with. They struggle somewhat to pay their monthly bills without paying some players and not others.
They have no major sponsor chucking wads of money their way either, most of the players played juniors there or are good mates with players that did, I think they just like being in a successful team.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fair enough LM, that was an assumption on my behalf (hence the use of the words "i reckon") due to the raw numbers of recruits and the quality therein for Smithfield of late. No offense was intended.

Man people get pisssy about this stuff though. It's like I am accusing clubs of kiddy fiddling the way some of you fly off the handle.

Who cares if you pay players. Whats the big freaking deal.
I feel the same way, I'd sooner see clubs spend money making their club more attractive for prospective players than having it sit in the bank, most of them are non-profit organisations.
I'd say it's more to do with the "buying premierships" debate, that's why clubs get antsy when accused of throwing cash around, Hamley Bridge is a classic example, from Premiers to getting done by 60 goals in less than 12 months.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

happily paid over $200 for two people multiple times. obviously not as weekly thing though!

I would really love to go here one day.

https://www.hentleyfarm.com.au/menus/

4 hour "discovery menu" at $235 a head with wine!
Went to school with the lad who is the chef too, though didnt know him that well.
Bugger that, I'd rather get a countery and a hooker.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Penultimate Round - Round 22

gossipgirl wrote:Vibrator maybe :shock:

What's a vibrator? Is that a show ride?
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Balaklava Cup Day

Giddy The F*** Up, I'll be in the Min Man tent after a limo ride there with breakfast and wine for the journey!!

Hope to catch up with a few of you during the day, hopefully it's not too late in the day unless you understand fluent crap!!
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Salisbury has come a long way since losing a trial match.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Correct Elmer

As much as it was a stupid idea from the people who put the season's program together, ALL of the clubs get to comment on the draw at the start of the season. This just proves that no one who represents the clubs at these SGM's AGM's and Ajourned AGM's actually read, consider or think about what they are voting on.

Dumb idea to even be offered to the clubs at the start of the year, but even dumber by all of the clubs to say yes and then whinge about it later.
Usually the way with some delegates, just wanna get their name ticked off and get out of there.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

wonder_kid wrote:Ive been told that he didnt think he had that good of a year hopefully hes just modest

Yeah, played 3 shit games.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brownlow Medal 2015

another grub wrote:And who is going to be higher than that?

Probably Fev if he's going.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

I've been half keen on some chick for a little while, after a heavy day on the gas at the races yesterday I finally plucked up the courage to let her know when I got home, to my surprise she felt the same way.

I've had zero interest in girlfriend sort of crap for 3 years, could all change.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Whoa there! None of this pm shit, we've barely got to first base here. What's she look like? Decent rack?
Ha, that's half the reason why I've bothered, I've got a "SWF" situation brewing and I need this other chick to lose interest in me, she's smoking hot but a bit "I find you".
I keep envisaging waking up with my dick super glued to my inner thigh.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

***Breaking News***

SACFL AMEND PLAYER PAYMENTS REGULATION

The South Australian Community Football League has adopted a series of amendments to Regulation 31 – Player Payments, in preparation for its introduction in season 2016.
After conducting a series of consultation meetings in which SACFL Leagues and Clubs provided feedback on the Regulation, the SACFL board has approved a number of changes which are effective immediately.

Summary of Key Amendments:
1. Maximum Total Player Payments per match has been increased from $3,000 to $4,000 in 2016, reduced to $3,000 in 2017.
2.Marquee player may now be registered any time before May 1. This was previously restricted to before Round 1 of the Affiliated League’s season.
3. Incentives increased from $250 weekly to $600 weekly with a maximum of $300 in value which can be accrued.

‘’I would like to thank the members of the Player Payments Sub-Committee for their tireless work, as well as the clubs and leagues for their input in delivering the outcomes achieved,’’ SACFL Chairman David Shipway said.
"This program was instigated at the clubs and leagues’ request to address the most important issue currently facing Community Football.
“I urge all clubs and leagues to get behind the introduction of the Player Payment Regulation and make it work for the long-term sustainability of football across South Australia.’’

LOL, what about when Farmer Jones hands Jimmy Smith an envelope as he's walking to his ute in the carpark??
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne 2015

It's not the "stated" reason, but it is the reason.

They don't need to consider the Crows feelings ( again, not sure why you bring that into it ) as it's simply a matter for the AFL and North Melbourne and the AFL have got this wrong, plain and simple. You can't see that?
I can't either, they're resting players to improve their chances of playing in the big dance, it's not "tanking" where you are prospering for the following season.
I think it's somewhat negative but I'm not involved at Arden Street so I'll leave their list management thoughts to them.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

What's the best thing about being a meth head?

Only 2 sleeps til Christmas.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Dustin Fletcher retiring

Can go straight on to the pension.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Zartan wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Less than 3 hours till happy hour at the Reepham! :)

I fail to understand how this gives you the shits? :? :lol:

The fact that he still has to wait 170 minutes.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fair effort from Wells Wells to have all 4 sides playing on Saturday.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arch44 wrote:As a coach I have no interest picking opposition best players for votes towards a medal. There is enough things already to worry about.

I've always felt the same when coaching.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It probably only really matters once you start getting to D5, D6 and D7. No doubt the quality of the umpires higher up would result in more accurate voting.

We have umpires in D7 (and D7R) that I am telling you would have absolutely no idea what they're putting down.

inb4 - but the winner was deserving
Some can't see past their guts
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re:

bennymacca wrote:
Psyber wrote:On the other hand I think 8 finals teams is too many ands something of a farce.
I'd say 6 at the most.

I don't like this because it means there are way too many dead rubbers.

Sounds like the West Parklands on a Sunday morning.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Re:

Booney wrote:
bennymacca wrote:You are in form this morning LM :)

That's what they say to him in the West Parklands on a Sunday morning. ;)

My balloon tying business is taking off.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "Fixing" the AFL

I think the AFL should worry about getting its current finals system sorted and not having teams who have earnt a home final being forced to play at other grounds before it worries about others final systems

The AFL proving once again what a manufactured farce the competition really is
It's all about the money, money, money!!
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GRAND FINAL VENUES (and other D1/D2 finals)

jo172 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Smithfield's A Grade have a 100% winning record at Payneham.

1 from 1?

Yeah, in a row too.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawthorn 2015

stan wrote:Bennell being linked to the Hawks.

linked or likened?
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In other news...it looks like Angle Vale has been accepted to the APFL

Hopefully in the long term this leads to an exit from NEMJFA too. Bloody ridiculous distance to travel for young kids games in a City/Suburban comp
Nope, that will never happen, they have too many grades in the NEMJFA, although not ideal, the NEMJFA really needed to zone when they accepted the CDJFL.
Could've played north ve south association matches and had a game the week after all of the Grand Finals with the winners of each division playing off for a "Champion's Cup", well that's my two bobs worth anyway as the merge affected me as a coach and an umpire.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Week 1, 2015 AFL Finals Series

I heard Jarman say last night that Bride Smith missing out this week is bigger than Isaac Smith and Kieren Jack's omissions, it made me laugh until I stopped laughing.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HOGG SHIELD HONOUR BOARD

Well done REB on yet another fine season of Hogg Shield.

Thank you.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

On this subject, there was a diamond in the rough on GJR the other night on the way home.

I subconsciously flicked my indicator on, before coming to my senses and realising I didn't have $20 on me.
I went to that deli across the road from West Croydon Footy Club one day and as I was getting out of the car one of them asked me if I wanted a BJ for $10, I was lost for words and said "Sorry, I only have a fiver and I'm hungry".
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "Door stepping" / AFL media scrum

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm just itching to see an AFL coach, player, president, CEO, anyone in fact give these little media hounds a blast when they run up and jam a microphone in a someones face.

While James Hird is hardly on my list of most admired people, I thought the treatment he got when getting into his car in the morning was a little over the top. Now almost daily we see some "on the spot" reporter finding an injured player in a car park, getting in the face of a bloke who is yet to sign on as he arrives at training, almost anywhere they can get a "grab" they go for it.

Now, I think all clubs give amazing access to fans and media in their clubrooms. All clubs give amazing access to retirement speeches, pre match warm up, after match cool downs, I think the media industry as a whole needs to back off from the way they try and catch players, coaches and admin off guard to give them a sensational headline to run with.

Back of guys, we've got plenty of news (half of it not news!) to absorb, we don't need half arsed comments turned into something they are not.

off*
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2015

Just on the buddy franklin issue - I'm impressed the footy community is at a point where people with mental health issues aren't ridiculed, because i don't think that was the case even 5 years ago.

Still got a long way to go on the two big ones though, racism and sexism

I just hope this is a mental health issue and its not being used to cover something else.
Cynical, I know.
Mental health pretty much covers everything, any illness that a person has can fall under the "mental illness" umbrella if they aren't coping with it.

This is why I hate and wont watch the news, there's something going on with the lad, it's his business and his employers, the rest of the world should respect that and not dig around trying to be the big story breaker for credit and financial gain.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2015

woodublieve12 wrote:If Heeney didn't get injured this year, do you reckon he would have won the rising star award? I am a bit bias but I reckon he's the best rookie in the comp

No.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BLCA 2015/2016

norm11 wrote:So happy that my 100th club game could be at South gawler

I didn't think you'd been at 100 clubs yet? Not far off ;)
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Young coaches.

Different sport but I captain coached an A Grade cricket side/club to a losing Grand Final at 19.

Age is no barrier if you can be upfront, honest and listen to all age groups. I captained a B Grade footy side at 21 when I was working arvo's and couldn't make most trainings, none of the older blokes had any qualms with it, they let me know on a Saturday night after a few frothies if I acted like a dickhead.

I went one better, I won ours as Captain Coach at 19 ;)

Did they have 8 ball overs then? :lol: :lol:
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

Kingy actually said something interesting on 360 last night (if i remember correctly)

Kreuzer hasnt played more than 15 games in a season, and has missed 60 odd of the last 200 games

He has only had more than 20 possessions once since 2009, and that is for a ruckman that is supposedly in the mobile possession type rather than the hitout type.

He has also never kicked more than 3 goals in a game, and his highest season tally is 15.

He is sometimes touted as one of the best ruckmen in the game when fit, but is he really?

Personally i think his fitness issues will stop him from getting a big contract so at best carlton will get an end of first round compo pick when he leaves - which is still probably a decent deal for them

why exactly is it that carlton receive a compo pick if kreuzer gets traded

It's based on the size of his next contract offer.

because he wont be traded, he will leave via free agency.

Bullshit
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Young coaches.

Executive Member wrote:
oh that's right, he was the quick bowler as opposed to your slow medium

The 90's must've been too kind to you LOL
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

although im a carlton supporter, its little bit unfair on brisbane who will lose the 2nd best kid in australia, just because kruezer is not happy at carlton

carltons losing their first pick player from years ago, who theyve developed & supported for years sure

but they made the choice on that player years ago,

im sure melbourne would quite happily see jack watts leave, theyd be insisting on it if they can get the latest best kid in the country instead

meanwhile, brisbane who legitimately need the 2nd best kid, loses because carlton made a poor decision years ago in choosing kruezer

every club in the comp should get their deserving pick, and then carlton gets a free pick after all the clubs get their first player at the draft, ie: pick 19

I reckon Melbourne would be happy to get a large bag of Skittles for Watts.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Last training session for the footy season.. such a strange feeling - in a weird way I think I'm going to miss receiving my regular Tues/Thurs afternoon texts and phone calls with bucket loads of apologies and piss weak excuses not to train.. :lol:
At least it hasn't been over for 3 weeks. There's always a strange vibe around the place on Thursday evening before a GF, it gets worse on the Friday, do you have a couple of cans, do you organise a team catch up and then you try to sleep but only have pre-replays of what could happen the following day.
Saviour the moment mate, you've been a credit to yourself and your club, you'll have a million thoughts going on in that vacuum that you call a head, it's all up to the footy gods now and hopefully things fall your way.

Zartan

Where's my frggin like?????????????
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |