Re: Live Scores Round 10

Great work scott.
by Booney
Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst AFL media person..

On the weekend in the Crows v Roos game BT :

Adelaide player chips the ball slightly sideways/backwards, the umpire calls "Play on--play on--not 15"

BT....says....."The umpire called play on, not 15, how does he know when the player hasn't marked it yet?"

I kid you not.
by Booney
Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 10 - Port v Eagles- Post game

Sounded on the radio like the Eagles put up a bit of a contest.

So, is the Irishman getting deported? if there is any video then it will be withdrawn.

Video looks pretty damning. If he doesn't know how to play football then he can **** off till he knows how. He's already sooked off home once hasn't he?

Yeah, living on the other side of the world, feeling a bit home sick while dealing with your Grandfather's imminent passing.

Some, including me, might think you should **** off until you know what was going on?

I've got a pretty good feeling he's a better footballer than you'll ever likely be after only a very short time playing the game.
by Booney
Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bad Backs

Psyber wrote:The best medico I ever knew for backs and shoulder injuries was Colin Mills - a Rehabilitation Physician at Hindmarsh. (? Holland St)
I'm not sure if he is still practising.

He stopped practicing in 19-zippedy doo. ;)
by Booney
Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: West Coast Eagles 2014

I for one didn't think he'd be the type of bloke to crack like that. On reflection I guess he saw right through the fact he was playing on for the wrong reasons.
put sometime over the weekend to put this one together? ;) ;)

No, been up in the Flinders with mates over the weekend, only just viewed this thread.
by Booney
Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No, there was a Port Adelaide Football club playing as the Magpies, just as there is in 2014. *yawns*
Let's try again *sigh*
The Port Adelaide Football Club running around the AFL is known as the Port Adelaide Power.
The Port Adelaide, formerly known as the Port Adelaide Magpies, that was running around in the SANFL until last year no longer exists.
The team currently running around in the SANFL is the Port Adelaide Power Reserves.
They are the Port Adelaide Power Reserves because the majority of their players are listed with the AFL club the Port Adelaide Power.
These players are not quite good enough or are in the process of rehabilitation and therefore must play for the Port Adelaide Power 2nd string. Also known as a Reserve side, which is a common term known throughout many sports.
Except of course to a few deluded people that stubbornly refuse to accept that their beloved Port Adelaide Magpies no longer exists.

Port Adelaide Power can try to badge their reserve team however they like but the fact of the matter is that the independent SANFL club known as the Port Adelaide Magpies no longer exists.

The sooner you guys can accept that fact the sooner we can all move on and focus our despise on the Port Adelaide Power Reserves. And remember, it isn't our fault that the AFL club Port Adelaide Power decided they didn't want to retain an independent SANFL side and opted to get rid of the Port Adelaide Magpies in favour of their own Port Adelaide Power Reserve side.

If anything, if I was a Port Adelaide Magpies fan, I'd be as pissed off as all the other SANFL fans at what has happened by allowing Reserve teams into our league.

Alternatively you can always deny, deny, deny

I'd say the sooner YOU LOT MOVE ON will be a more pivotal moment.

The irony is you try to make matt35 look like some sort of idiot with your explanation.
by Booney
Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think that you will find "us lot" have already moved on from the "PAM does not exist anymore" debate

Well **** me......I for one am tickled pink, pig in shit type happy that you've hung around long enough to fill us in on the finer points! :lol:

Well, purveyor of all knowledge, you reference :

The Port Adelaide Football Club running around the AFL is known as the Port Adelaide Power

When it actual reality, it is the Port Adelaide Football Club. For those who don't understand, "Power" is a nick name, like the "Redlegs" for Norwood. They are, in reality, not The Norwood Redlegs Football Club. Ergo, The Port Adelaide Football Club.

You also state :

The team currently running around in the SANFL is the Port Adelaide Power Reserves.

When, in actual reality, it is the Port Adelaide Football Clubs SANFL side, which, granted, is mainly filled by Port Adelaide AFL listed players who at that given time are not playing AFL. That side, with the nickname of the "Magpies" is not known as the Port Adelaide Power Reserves in ANY official capacity. Unless of course you count punters opinions on here as something resembling "official".

It's not what you know ( or think you know ) but it's how you explain it. Sorry matt35, there's many sides to this debate and it's one that will never, ever be settled in full.

Now, off to the whinge thread and the game discussion can continue. :lol:
by Booney
Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

JTC wrote "I think that you will find "us lot" have already moved on from the "PAM does not exist anymore" debate"

Good moving on lads, good moving on. ;)
by Booney
Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"CHEATING" (Using capitals helps when getting your point across) would be playing outside of the rules governing the competition.
by Booney
Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

Why the **** do I keep going into the SANFL forum?
by Booney
Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Must take ages for some of you to type out those posts.

Beating yourself with one hand, typing with the other...... :lol: :lol:

It's good that you've all moved on though, not dwelling on it too much.
by Booney
Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 - West v Port @ City Mazda Stadium (Sun 22/6)

topsywaldron wrote:
SANFLnut wrote:Rapt we won, feels very hollow though

Unlike beating a Port Adelaide team in years gone by?

Wonder why.

(PS It's because they're not actually Port for those with mental retardation)

What are you doing in here? Offering another truck load of chuckles I assume? :roll:
by Booney
Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

Saturday twilight is semi-ok, but we all have to share them and grass roots footy will take priority in most states I would have thought.

The link Boon posted does say the preferred slot is saturday twilight or saturday night, so if we get 3-4 sat afternoon fixtures a season, id declare 34-38k for those games a pretty decent crowd.

I think 35+ on a saturday arvo for any club would be a win

I think 35+ for any Kangas game would be a win.....the irony. ;)
by Booney
Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 - West v Port @ City Mazda Stadium (Sun 22/6)

Crowd 1,660

Wow....considering Westies hardcore faithful would have turned up (as small in number they are) basically bugger all Port people there I presume? Not interested as there was a low number of Power players playing?

You're getting very good at trolling Port topics Dutchy....very good indeed.
by Booney
Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Disappointing crowd on the weekend, good time slot, great venue, team is top of the ladder.....what is the excuse now?

Rubbish.

No it is not and you know that's the case. 1:40 Saturday clashes with so much grass roots sport it's not funny. Against the shithouse Western Bulldogs at about the worst time slot possible, 34,000 is an acceptable if not surprising crowd. I thought anything over 30,000 would be a good effort.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jackson Trengove signed a two year extension today, keeping him at the club until the end of 2017 at least.
by Booney
Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sturt taking the piss?

I don't see it as taking the piss @ all.
Just enhancing the traditional 'wharfie' roots of the 2 err 1 err 2 or is it 1 Club(s). 8)
Looks like a Buoy floating on water (the colour of the Port River after ICI have emptied there waste products) with a Magpie - seems OK to me. ;)

Perhaps they could adopt this logo next year, modified with a fist stabbing a lightning bolt through the heart of the Magpie?

1 err 2 clubs, 2 err 1 club or just change clubs?

Bit rich......
by Booney
Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The "Puppies"

I predict that Jacqui Lambie will have fisticuffs with someone this year, possibly Barnaby Joyce. She's like a train wreck off an MTV reality show crossed with the bus driver from South Park, and he's been ominously quiet in recent weeks, but he's always had an axe to grind where Clive Palmer is concerned.

Make it Pyne and Lambie and I'll pay to watch.
by Booney
Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2004 :

Members 36,340

Avg crowd 29,777

I hope you know where you're headed with this......
by Booney
Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton 2014

woodublieve12 wrote:not all bad gadj... GWS are a quality side...

:lol:
by Booney
Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Well played North supporters

Getting pissed and abusing the opposition. The only thing North supporters have done for 20 years..... :lol:
by Booney
Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Other International Cricket

Anderson out with one ball to go to give Sri Lanka the series win.

Cried like a bitch when he was given the man of the series award.

Love it! :lol:
by Booney
Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Adelaide should be a top 8 side in my opinion.

Half the problem is, it seems they always want to play the blame game and never accept responsibility - especially the supporters:

*Oh the umpires cost us again
*Sando needs to be sacked
*Need to swing the axe on these players
*The Tippett saga has ruined us
*We never wanted to move from AAMI Stadium
*Once we get Tex back we will be fine (prior to his return)

And if a Port supporter harasses Crows supporters:
*Where's your tarps?
*Bandwagon jumper
*07 Grand Final
*We went back to back
*MOOOOODRAAAAA (probably)
*Did i mention the tarps? :P

It was 2008 and I believe the margin was circa 100+ pts.........but who's counting ;)

Also only 34,000 at the Portress last wkend............bring back the tarps!!

What kind of crows fan are you Hefty :lol:

Pretty much about average I'd say. ;)
by Booney
Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Big Day Out on the move?

Soundwave might be able to attract a bigger line-up with no competition thinning out the talent?
by Booney
Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Friday.

Knowing I'll be done early.

Cranking some Rage Against the Machine on the way to work.
by Booney
Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst AFL media person..

The biggest problem is it's called "The Footy Show"....the last time I watched it, it hardly has an footy references whatsoever.
by Booney
Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

will Kane Mitchell definately play this week?

I doubt it.

Hartlett, Cassisi and Impey back in.

Harlett > S.Gray
Impey > Mitchell/Young
Cassisi > Logan....or Logan stays in if Cassisi is not 100%.

They like Young as the sub and Mitchell was subbed at 3/4 time last week after a blast from Hinkley.

I'd say Mitchell will miss the cut. ( At 4:30 this afternoon )
by Booney
Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So one of two things is happening.

Sandersons message is not getting through and the players are doing as they please or the message is getting through, but it's shit.

Melbourne have shown with the right systems any team can stay in a game and nobody is going to tell me Adelaide's list ( at the top end ) isn't considerably better than Melbournes, it's much, much better.

So is it the players or the coach?

For some weeks now I've been questioning the coach. I'll continue to do so until something changes.

Adelaide missed Betts again on Sunday, when is he back?

Was Eddie out there today??

Yeah, he popped up a couple of times and made the most of his few touches. Again Impey probably had the better of him for the bulk of the night until the latter part third quarter and last quarter where Betts kicked a couple.

I don't mind Adelaide putting all their egg in the Betts basket. He's not going to win you a premiership.
by Booney
Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

gadj1976 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:"Bubbling"

Very happy to not understand why people would do this.

what is it???

Apparently, urinating in one own's mouth.

The funny thing is, there's a tap right in the background if you're that thirsty!!!!
by Booney
Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Someone asked him :

"Do you want a VB?"
by Booney
Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Taity's back!!!!

Geez you're a bunch of ****.

Good luck to him, I can imagine you all falling over yourselves if he and Coz lead us to a Shield.

Free country Bucko. Maybe some of us **** who don't have as much talent as Tait get frustrated when he opts out of having a genuine crack at representing his country.

regards,

REB

T20 riches Vs Baggy green.

Some of us figure there's enough cash in the baggy green. Some of us don't. "Free country" indeed.
by Booney
Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clint Alleway

JK wrote:You could also start a Premiership ladder not including any results of games including Clint Alleway? :D

It would be just as relevant. ;)
by Booney
Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WORST SONG EVER

Failed Creation wrote:Ladies and gents, we have a new contender right here...

Oh, yes please!!! That's ******* fantastic.

His dance moves, I can only envy them and his vocal changes are......they are......they are......******* shithouse!! :lol: :lol:
by Booney
Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 - Glenelg v Eagles @ Gliderol (Sun 6/7)

am Bays wrote:Anyone seen the Running Sheet for this game?

It rivals the length of this thread.....
by Booney
Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Diary of some pregnant blokes

Now it's a the pointy end it's time to consider what should or should not be muttered during the hours of labor, prior to the delivery.

Things like :

When the very first signs of labor come along, the "go bag" is packed and ready and things look they're about to start happening, be certain that "2 points with 2 minutes to go" will not, I repeat it will not be reason to stay on the lounge.

As she screams with a contraction : "I know what that feels like, I'm always cramping after I've played footy" - That's a no no.

As she writhes in pain with the baby making it entry to the world : ( Look at the doctor ) "I hope you field in the slips mate, 'coz this one's going to come at you fast!" - That's another no no. A definite no no.
by Booney
Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Surprises me that Eddie Betts isn't in that list. 8)

by Booney
Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Onya Carey! Congratulations to you both on the wonderful addition- hope Mrs Carey and Phoebe are going well!

Saturday night- unfortunately I wont be at the game, Its my works mid year dinner and i'm treating it as a last chance to re-aquaint with the amber fluid, and do it free of charge! I will tip my glass from the stamford in a toast to you, and will definitely catch up with you all for an ale when next at a game.

Not to divert attention, but my wife had her 36 week scan yesterday, and it looks as though we are going to have quite a large little boy on the way, upwards of 9lbs is the word from the obstetrician (have fun with that Mrs Valleys :lol: :axe: ), so the chances of early delivery are looking stronger by the day. She was having what we thought were braxton hicks contractions last night, so we are into the home stretch now!

Can see it now.

valleys, resplendent in his bag of fruit for the mid year piss up takeS hold of beer #4,the REALLY good one ( you know, where it goes from being a beer to "my god this stuff is awesome I wonder how much of it I can fit inside me?" ) and *insert his ring tone here*.......

"AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH IT'S HAPPENING!!!! AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"
by Booney
Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

valleys07 wrote:But....but....THERE'S 2 POINTS THE DIFFERENCE WITH 2 MINUTES TO GO!"

I'm going to miss you, mate. ;)
by Booney
Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

no need to stress ... you could field a team of Oompa Loompas and still manage a 10 goal win.
...and I would hope that our on-field support staff had a few quiet words in the ears of those oompa loompas, to suggest that they might have better league prospects at our club.

I've got league prospects at your club.
by Booney
Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

That bat shit crazy women on the train in Sydney.
by Booney
Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

dedja wrote:Both feet, now try again ...

:finga:

When does this ******* game start?
by Booney
Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

no need to stress ... you could field a team of Oompa Loompas and still manage a 10 goal win.
...and I would hope that our on-field support staff had a few quiet words in the ears of those oompa loompas, to suggest that they might have better league prospects at our club.

I've got league prospects at your club.
For how long have you been employed in the confectionery industry?

28kg's. :oops:
by Booney
Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:why cant the crows and port play the SANFL before the AFL??

Hmmmmm.....I always thought you were the type of bloke to "rate" good questions.... ;)
by Booney
Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Buying concert tickets for people only for them to pull the pin on the day of said concert. And, do you think money has exchanged hands for said tickets........NO!!! Now, I have to unload* ticket myself so I am not stuck with it and no $$$$$. This sh!t grinds my gears, I want to kick puppies in the face when sh!t like this happens!!

I'm assuming a mate has pulled the pin on you. I'd still be asking for the money, no problem. If he/she says "...but I'm not going..."

I'd be saying "Doesn't matter to me, you're the one who owes me the money for the ticket I purchased for you. Whether you use the ticket is up to you"
by Booney
Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Former England captain Andrew Strauss was "mortified" and "profusely sorry" after initiating a fresh row regarding Kevin Pietersen by making highly offensive comments about his old Test colleague while broadcasting, he said on Saturday.
Sky Sports commentator Strauss, believing he was off the air in a break in play during the Lord's bicentenary match between MCC and the Rest of the World, reportedly described Pietersen as an "absolute c---" to fellow commentator Nick Knight.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/andrew-strauss-apologises-for-calling-kevin-pietersen-the-cword-on-air-20140706-zsxsk.html#ixzz36jOXKJGR

by Booney
Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Footy Chick wrote:FTR, I'm not talking about the scarfe waving or even the fact that you all sing a song.

I'm just pissed that it's THAT song.

It got whored out enough whilst attached to several thousand promo's for the impossibly boring Puberty Blues too.
by Booney
Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Suggestions for a new song for Port

Oh yeah, this thread has much merit.
by Booney
Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: List Assessment - Richmond Vs Crows

Rik E Boy wrote:Wanted to vote for the "both shithouse" option but it was not available. Voted for Adelaide though. Richmond are in a world of hurt.

Regards,

REB

Yep, Richmond continue to recycle average players from other clubs while taking forever to develop the players they drafted as kids.
by Booney
Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Suggestions for a new song for Port

Nah it does seem a bit silly considering the whole tarp thing

At least we tried something to cover the empty seats up. ;)
Although it wasn't a great look to see the tarps up, I actually thought it wasnt a bad idea - they weren't getting large crowds and it was an opportunity to sell space to sponsors, plus condensed the crowd a little bit so there was some sort of atmosphere.

I dont have a problem with the actual tarps. I have a problem with Port supports singing "you'll never tear us apart" when they're one of the most fickle supporter bases in AFL. When the goings good, everyone bleeds black, white and teal. When things aren't going well they "aren't gonna spend their small weekly spending money on going to watch shit footy."

Never tear us apart? Pa-leeaassse!!

Go on, admit it. You'd kill for a supporter base, fickle or otherwise. :lol:
by Booney
Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |