Jump to topic

Re: World Cup 2018

Usual shite pitch too
by Keefy
Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 2017

So Souf have already lost the Good Friday game despite pioneering it?

Shit programming.

Club decided to take a game into it's zone and have taken the opportunity to play it Sunday especially as a lot holiday makers are down that way over Easter

Club has being actively promoting the game down at Victor today
by Keefy
Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

A couple of patches getting released for AFL Evolution. First one out on Friday

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-evo ... f56d0147cb
by Keefy
Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

PatowalongaPirate wrote:
Booney wrote:48 hours from now being over the Simpson Desert en route to Nusa Dua. :lol:

Oh no, he's off on holiday again.

Booney on Holidays.jpg

Booney's packed and ready

by Keefy
Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:11-35

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I'll be off the oval by then

Look forward to your round report
by Keefy
Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pot Roast done in the slow cooker
by Keefy
Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Southern Football League

Zartan wrote:Is that actual legit?!! :shock: :shock:

Yup
by Keefy
Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

Dutchy wrote:Where is the GF being held? Maccy?

Prelim at Kangarilla
GF at Maccy
by Keefy
Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ASCA

Draws for Section 1 and 2 are now up on MyCricket

Section 1 - Port Noarlunga, WYC, Keswick, Plympton, Cove, North Haven, Coro Ramblers and Sheidow Park

Section 2 - Warradale, ICC Sharks, Coromandel, Morphy Park, Happy Valley, Mitchell Park, Belair and Glenelg ANA
by Keefy
Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward too

Finishing my uni degree in just over 5 weeks time
by Keefy
Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

jet-airport wrote:Who is the coach of Nairne A grade?

Position is/was currently advertised.

Tony Fielke has retired from coaching
by Keefy
Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward too

bennymacca wrote:
Keefy wrote:Finishing my uni degree in just over 5 weeks time

What did you study?

Sport and Rec Management @ UniSA
by Keefy
Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

Anyone heard if Keegan Brooksby is interested in coming back to South, or is he hoping to get redrafted to another AFL club.

Club is in talks with him but is hoping of getting picked up by another AFL club.

Joel Cross has all but signed on foranother year and Liddle has been talked out of retiring to stay on
by Keefy
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As much as we are missing him, i rate how much fun my 14yo son is currently having in Spain with 11 other students and 2 teachers. They are visiting Segovia and its snowing

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171202/fc6cc94b7cbc34908f7e65eb7625e02f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
by Keefy
Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I know one of the girls over there, have seen a bit on IG, looks like they are having a great time. They're having a ball

I think this pic sums up how much fun my lad is having

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171203/6aca338e2c588fdb64e8d6e918054cde.jpg

by Keefy
Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

The first and only test between South Africa v Zimbabwe is not only a day/night test, but it's also a 4 day match.

South Africa won the toss and batted first and declared at 9/309 with Markram making 125, de Villiers 53 and Bavuma 44. Jarvis and Mpofu taking 3 wickets each.

In reply Zimbabwe are 4/30 off 16 overs, with Morkel taking 3 wickets.

9 of the 13 wickets fell in the final session under lights.
by Keefy
Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

starboy wrote:Ironbank $eem to be on the right track with recruit$. Coach Well$ doing a great job.
Name all these recruit$ and how much you think they are paid

by Keefy
Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

6 weeks of leave commencing at the end of the month
by Keefy
Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Booney wrote:
Keefy wrote:6 weeks of leave commencing at the end of the month

Nice mate, getting away?

Yup, heading up to the NT for pretty much all that time. Making our way all the way up to Darwin and Kakadu
by Keefy
Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South v Adelaide Sunday 1410

Final score at Noarlunga

South 22.8 - 140
Adelaide 4.4 - 28

Goal scorers
Liddle 4
Cross 3
Brooksby, Davis, Rankine and Szust 2
Singles to Brown, Elmes, Fields, Haren, Heaslip, Helyar and Noble

by Keefy
Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

6 weeks of leave

by Keefy
Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Draws for Sections 1 and 2 are now up

Season starts on October 6 with a one-dayer.

Rounds 6-10 all one-dayers along with round 14

2 clubs playing on turf

by Keefy
Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

spot on wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
The new bloke wrote:Any one know any GF scores for today?

Kersbrook won B grade.

Ironbank A's up by 13 points at 3/4 time.
Ironbank are premiers

by Keefy
Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final

[emoji23][emoji23]Image

by Keefy
Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

Jake Veide back at South

South Adelaide cult hero Jake Veide is returning to Noarlunga.

After stepping away from SANFL football in 2017, the man affectionately dubbed 'The Robot' will look to add to his 114 games with the Panthers in 2019.

"We are super excited to welcome Jake back to the club," said South Adelaide Senior Coach Jarrad Wright.

"A year away from the State league has allowed his body to recover to a point he feels comfortable that he can return and impact games.

"Jake's an experienced campaigner, admired by many for his professionalism and dedication to his craft.

"We look forward to seeing what he can add to our group moving forward."

Veide made his League debut in 2009 against the Gowan brothers-led Bulldogs under then coach Clay Sampson and soon established himself as a valuable cog in the Panthers engine room.

A hard-running, physical presence around the ground, Jake flourished under the tutelage of Brad Gotch, claiming the 2014 Most Improved Player award.

In 2016 his perseverance and determination was rewarded as he played his long-awaited 100th SANFL game after overcoming surgeries on his hip, shoulder, knee and twice on a broken leg through the first eight years of his career.

This season Veide returned to country football, lining up for Mount Compass in the Great Southern Football League and earning selection in the Team of the Year.

However, after a year away he has decided to give SANFL football at his beloved Panthers another crack.

The club welcomes Jake back into the fold and looks forward to seeing his iconic number 62 guernsey in action once again.

Jake Veide

Playing Record
2009 - 2017
114 games
73 goals

Accolades
Most Improved Player - 2014
100 game player
by Keefy
Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2018-19

Tony Clifton wrote:Get Burns or Heazlett before lunch here and we're away!

Your wish is granted

Pope gets Heazlett caught by Nielsen

4/72
by Keefy
Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

South Adelaide has secured the signatures of four key senior players for the 2019 SANFL season.

The club is pleased to announce Knuckey Cup winners Nick Liddle and Joel Cross, as well as respected leader Matt Rose and key forward Sam Overall have all put pen to paper to play on in Noarlunga next season.
The Panthers retain the services of the dynamic duo of Liddle and Cross, who have been stars of the SANFL for the best part of a decade, taking home eight of the last nine Knuckey Cups between them.
Meanwhile, Rose and Overall will look to put an injury plagued 2018 behind them and bounce back to their influential best in 2019.
"We are obviously very pleased to have all four of these guys committing to play next season," said Panthers Chief Executive Officer, Neill Sharpe.
"Nick and Joel have been outstanding loyal servants to our club over the journey. Their list of accolades puts them amongst the modern greats of the SANFL.
"Matt is a well-respected leader at the club and has been an great driver of culture and standards since crossing over from Port.
"We look forward to seeing him back fit and fighting next season, similarly with Sam, who is an extremely important forward line target and an emerging leader in our playing group."
Liddle joined joined South Adelaide from Coburg in 2010 and quickly established himself as one of the Panthers most admired players for his skill and commitment on the field.
With 175 SANFL games under his belt, he is now a five-time Knuckey Cup winner and also boasts seven Advertiser Team of the Year selections, three State Team appearances and an R.O Shearman Medal amidst his many achievements.
Cross came to the Panthers the following season and has now notched 156 games in Noarlunga.
He has since put together an impressive resume of accolades, including three Knuckey Cups, two Magarey and R.O Shearman Medals, four State Team selections and six in the Advertiser Team of the Year.
Rose journeyed south from Alberton in 2014 following the announcement of the Magpies as Port Adelaide's AFL reserve side.
He quickly found himself at home in Noarlunga and has now banked 85 games and two top three Knuckey Cup finishes with the Panthers.
His 2018 got off to a bright start, earning selection in the SANFL State Team that faced the WAFL in May, but was struck down by a broken collarbone soon after and only managed 11 games for the season.
Overall, burst onto the scene during South's 2014 finals campaign and at his high-flying and strong-marking best is one of the SANFL's most damaging forwards.
He enjoyed a fast start to 2018, including selection to the initial State Squad, but broke his foot in round six and could only manage two more games for the year.
South Adelaide welcomes back all four men and eagerly awaits seeing them back in blue and white in 2019!

by Keefy
Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tim Nielsen and Greg Blewett will pad up in a charity game to honour former SACA colleague

Former SA cricket stars Tim Nielsen and Greg Blewett will join Lauren Ebsary in raising money for charity in a special cricket game against the Coromandel Ramblers

FORMER South Australian cricketing greats Tim Nielsen and Greg Blewett will join current WBBL star Lauren Ebsary in raising money for charity by fielding anywhere but mid-off in a special event T20 match.

Tomorrow, (THURS), the Coromandel Ramblers Cricket Club is hosting a special fundraising match to continue the legacy of friend and former SACA colleague, Ashley Bryant.

Bryant, an avid cricket volunteer, passed away suddenly in August 2017, leaving a hole in the local cricket community, nowhere more so than within his beloved Coromandel Ramblers.

Nielsen, Blewett and Ebsary will be part of the SACA Social Club team, which will take on the Ramblers in a T20 game at Weymouth Oval, Coromandel Valley, from 5.15pm.

Bryant was passionate about making cricket accessible to all young people, regardless of ability or background and in his memory, the Ramblers established the Ashley Bryant Memorial Fund to offer the Woolworths Cricket Blast free of charge in term one.

Thursday’s fundraising match is free for all to attend, with money raised from raffles, food and drinks on the night going to the Ashley Bryant Memorial Fund, so it can continue to offer the Junior Blasters program at no cost for kids aged five to seven.

Former Australian coach Nielsen said he hadn’t played a cricket match for about two years, and joked that he was hoping to field at mid-off to keep out of harm’s way.

“But I expect we’ll have to keep and bat and bowl and do all of those things,” he said.

“It’s a great cause and I’m just looking forward to the day and getting out there to support the Coromandel Ramblers Cricket Club and be able to have a positive impact around the place.”

Nielsen, who played 101 games as a wicketkeeper/batsman for South Australia, said one of the great things about sport was its power to bring people together.

He said being able to contribute to such a great cause — by helping to produce the next generation of Australian cricketers — was a wonderful way to honour Bryant’s memory.

** If you feel that you may need support, contact Beyond Blue on 1300 22 4636 or Lifeline on 131 114. **
by Keefy
Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Williamson waa dismissed for 139Image

by Keefy
Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

For a bloke that has an ordinary run-up and stiff action, Bumrah sends them down at a pretty decent pace

by Keefy
Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Bum Crack wrote:Can you buy guest passes if you're a SACA member for the Big Bash New Years? I went into the Ticketek website but I can't find where you can get guest passes.
Try the SACA site

Pretty sure there is info on there about guest passes

by Keefy
Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I commented during the Adelaide test. He looks awkward but bowls in good areas with a decent pace

by Keefy
Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

anyone here purchased the expansion packs on Spider-Man? I purchased all 3 and highly recommend if your thinking of doing. Decent story modes which take a few hours to complete. Includes more side missions and crime fighting. The fighting is harder as the enimies are now more equipped with protection. Yeah mate I bought the season pass for them, I tossed up whether I should or not for a couple of days then went with it. I'm almost finished the first one and it's very good, better hurry up and the finish the three of them now because I got Red Dead Redemption Two as a Christmas present yesterday.

I have a question for the other PS4 players on here about external hard drives. With the install file of RDR2 being so big I need to delete more of my PS4 or get an external hard drive, the later would be the best option. I looked at them briefly on the JB Hi Fi website yesterday and sort know what I'm going to get but my question is does anyone have one? Which brand and what is the capacity? Does it need to be anything special to suit the PS4?

T.I.A

I wasn’t aware you could do that. I’ve been deleting old games when I’ve required more space. I might look into this now

I did some googling and it seems as long as the external drive is USB 3.0 and no bigger than 8TB you can get any external hard drive.

JB Hi-Fi stock Western Digital gaming drives for the PS4.

Might have to look and see what size the kids PS4 is and perhaps invest in an external drive too.
by Keefy
Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Finch dropped

Handscomb set to replace him

https://www.news.com.au/sport/cricket/australia-vs-india-scg-team-announcements/news-story/59e3d58a0bf60eaf9db9e813380f420c These **** that have the title of 'selector' have no ******* idea! And chief one at that has the least idea of all.

Maybe it's Trevor Marsh and not Hohns in charge

by Keefy
Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018-2019 BBL season

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Gee there has been some ordinary cricket in this game. Tom Cooper, that was worse than Jake Lehman
Some ordinary umpiring to go with

How on earth did they not give Boyce out LBW. Absolutely plumb

by Keefy
Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spell of 27 balls by Kemar RoachImage

by Keefy
Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Been feeling pretty flat since Sunday morning when the team I coach got bundled out of the finals and then the news of Spud, however rapt for one of my players who won the Comp's u15 B&F medal last night, cracking kid (all 6'4 of him!). Extremely talented who has been juggling footy and cricket all year, now that footy is over he can finally focus on playing in the Cricket Australia u15 team in the u17 National Championships in October. The Westies U16 coach was at the presentation last night and reminded him/us that their footy pre-season starts in November [emoji38] he is going to have to make a tough decision soon. That wouldn't be Harry L by any chance??

by Keefy
Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rugby Union World Cup

Entertaining game between Wales and Georgia.

Georgia no pushovers. Crowd really getting into it

by Keefy
Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Greatest Sheffield shield cricket teams

The Dark Knight wrote:Ummm, Allan Border is a Queenslander Mal.
Born in NSW and played several seasons there before moving to Queensland

by Keefy
Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH)

Grassroots cricket is in a fair bit of trouble, more and more people are time poor and even the junior numbers seem to be weakening, the low conversion of juniors to seniors is an issue also. T20 is probably the only way forward for grades under A grade. Playing midweek, Friday/Sunday twilights etc, the game and associations need to find a way to adapt somehow, not easy.

Interesting that one of the Coro teams are playing in the Hills T20 comp, testing the waters?

Coro are using the hills 2020 comp to get some of their younger players introduced to the format IMO. Looking at the sides Coro have rolled out against meadows and flaggie they were missing many of their first choice a graders. Had a few that have come through the development squad from the last couple of years playing. The side is mainly made up of B and C graders with a handful of A graders

by Keefy
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Booney wrote:Warners 335 is the first ever 335 in Test cricket.
Also highest test score at Adelaide Oval.

Previous best was Bradman's 299 not out in 1932

by Keefy
Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Dutchy wrote:15yo Harry Lemmey to debut for Sturt tomorrow, great kid
Took 2 wickets in his first over with the new rock

by Keefy
Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

cracka wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:What is the gate price to get into a game?

I thought it was $8 but I only got charged $7. Think the gatekeeper made a stuff up though & should have only given me $4 change out of a 20 (for 2 people) instead of $6
It's $8

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
by Keefy
Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Finals over 3 weeks

Top had a week off and straight in to prelim

2 v 3, loser plays top

4 v 5, winner plays winner of 2 and 3

Finishing top gives no double chance

by Keefy
Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer 2020/21

Fair nut by Neser to remove Pujara

by Keefy
Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Windies win by 3 wickets

Mayers 210*

Wouldnt have dreamed that a match between Bangers and windies would go down to the wire on day 5

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Test cricket at it's best

by Keefy
Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2020-21

Tony Clifton wrote:7/122

Matt Kelly with a horrible shot

How many overs left?
21 overs to go

by Keefy
Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2021 SEASON

Pseudo wrote:Port getting screwed early in the 3rd.

Am I really commenting on an eastern league match?
And why in the SANFL thread????

by Keefy
Sat May 15, 2021 10:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |