Return

Re: 2014 Magarey Medal & Other Awards

Even Alleway got more than that ... :lol:
by dedja
Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of Season Delistings

Petrenko got compromising photos of the coach to still be on the list?
by dedja
Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live scores

Faark off scum.
by dedja
Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals - week #1

North and Geelong should swap coaches next week
by dedja
Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live scores

arrogance from a South supporter ... I like it! :lol:
by dedja
Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals - week #1

Yes, Richmond will be pissed off considering they have to travel to Perth next week.
by dedja
Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Could James Ashby finally bring the Poodle down?

[-o< [-o< [-o<
by dedja
Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Thunder and dogs ...
by dedja
Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

not sure who's more offended ... the idiots or the flogs
by dedja
Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Roger Federer ... there's still life in the old dog yet.

2 sets to love down, 2 match points for Monfries ... No probs, Rog just cranks up another gear.
by dedja
Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

Need some tissues there Carey? :lol:
by dedja
Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals - week # 3.

It's a real pity Sydney have to play at ANZ, its a pig of a place to play footy compared to the SCG.
by dedja
Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It is, that's why you won't be there.
by dedja
Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

kickinit wrote:
smac wrote:Perhaps you should ask him.

I'm sure he's too busy having a cry to answer

especially after now knowing his club sold it's sole as he says

What, he sold his shoe?
by dedja
Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

help him out, he doesn't know which one is wrong.
by dedja
Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final - Port v South @ Adelaide Oval (Sun 14

What's Bronwyn Bishop got to do with all this?
by dedja
Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live Scores

They could continue to do the hard years or just align themselves to an AFL club and stack their team with AFL listed players.

Of course they'll always still be the Panthers ... oh, hang on
by dedja
Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I owe the good people of Port Adelaide a sincere apology.

On Friday, I had a meeting on St Vincent Street and parked my car in a side street for about 2 hours.

To my pleasant surprise, my car was still there when I returned. I was relieved when I found out that I still had all my wheels. I was ecstatic when I found out I wasn't keyed.

I did notice a lot of action outside of the police station but it must have been an unusually busy day,

Despite the fact the streets were deserted and most of the buildings were empty it was a pleasant morning.

Thank you, the good people of Port Adelaide, you are truly misunderstood.
by dedja
Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hypocrite much Mr Summerton?

"A Power reserves team will be a team full of blokes not playing for the prison bars, but playing only to try and get themselves noticed by the AFL side," wrote Summerton.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/port-adelaide-board-faces-anger-of-past-magpies-on-power-reserves-controversy/story-fnii05e5-1226707860823

PORT ADELAIDE president David Koch is under fire from Magpie greats and current players - including Magarey Medallist Jeremy Clayton - as the future of the SANFL club remains under threat.

Clayton and Magpies vice-captain Steve Summerton have taken to social media to blast Koch and club chief executive Keith Thomas for not standing up to the SA Football Commission that is demanding Port choose between a Power AFL reserves team in the SANFL or keeping the full-scale Magpies.

Koch last night led a board meeting at Alberton to consider the reality their hands are tied on this debate because the Magpies do not have permanent tenure in the SANFL. The league's directors could on November 1 - when the two SA-based AFL licences are expected to be sold to the AFL for $15 million - revoke the Magpies' licence.

The Magpies' part in the SANFL would then be replaced by a stand-alone Power AFL reserves team.

Port's board last night considered an SANFL offer to:

PLACE all excess Power players in the SANFL league competition from next year.

KEEP the Magpies reserves and under-age teams and recruiting zones for only 2014.

In 2015, Port would then mirror the Crows - with an AFL team and a reserves side in the SANFL league competition. The AFL clubs would have no recruiting zone and rely on SANFL clubs for "top-up" players.

Port's board is unlikely to declare its position until the Magpies have played last SANFL game - against Glenelg at Glenelg - next Saturday.

Clayton, who retired from the Magpies last year after 125 games and with five club champion titles, attacked Koch on Twitter on Thursday saying: "Are you and the leaders of the footy club, going to roll over to the sanfl commission? 140 years of history gone! For what?"

More cutting was 2010 club champion Summerton on Facebook where he questioned the right of Power players to wear the traditional Magpie jumper in the SANFL.

"A Power reserves team will be a team full of blokes not playing for the prison bars, but playing only to try and get themselves noticed by the AFL side," wrote Summerton.

"There's a massive difference."

Summerton also attacked any plan to shut down the Magpies' under-age teams and recruiting zones in the city and on the Eyre Peninsula.

"To think that a young lad, either local or from the West Coast, can't dream of growing up and one day playing for the mighty Port Magpies is a disgrace.

"The integrity of the SANFL is now dead."

Summerton also called for the SANFL premiership flags to be removed from the Power changerooms saying: "Put them in the Magpies rooms - you didn't win them, the Magpies did."

Port's official response last night was to acknowledge Summerton's "passion and emotion". But the club added Summerton was speaking without knowledge of the negotiations to preserve the Magpies in the SANFL.

Clayton challenged Koch on Twitter to stop answering easy questions to the fans and to deal with "the tough ones in regards to the Magpies future."
by dedja
Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final - Port v South @ Adelaide Oval (Sun 14

Only saw the first 3 quarters, South were clearly the best side in the first half but obviously Port won the game in the 3rd.

The fairytale ends but South have lots to look forward to in the coming years.
by dedja
Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I can always change my tips but you'll always be illiterate.
by dedja
Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL GRAND FINAL NORWOOD V PA RESERVES

MON ... MONS .... MONSF ....

Faark, I just can't bring myself to do it!
by dedja
Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Peter Goers

He's just shit stirring ...
by dedja
Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

http://previewcf.turbosquid.com/Preview/2014/05/25__05_05_48/Deck_Chair_01.jpg3a064ce2-b3c6-40f3-9419-3f43d2874759Larger.jpg

+

http://www.clowns4kids.com/images/popcorn-boxes.jpg

+

http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2011/08/08/1226110/883246-esky.jpg
by dedja
Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Oh, and Hitchcock missed some games, we missed him. :lol:

It warms the cockles of my heart to see how Hitchcock has been embraced as one your own ...
by dedja
Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: IS/ISIS/Iraq/Syria situation

The Yanks will never learn ... rebels and terrorists must be pissing themselves on how easily they can get US support before turning on them.
by dedja
Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2,634 posts, nearly 58,000 views ... not bad for a piss-take thread
by dedja
Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

Brought to you by the same team that:

- installs, then rips ups bike lanes
- makes it harder for people to attend Adelaide Oval by restricting parking
- insists that temporary structures must be used on mostly disused parklands for the Clipsal, which are bolted to permanent concrete and ash felt footings
- has to replace pavers in Rundle Mall as soon as they are laid
- waives parking fines for their councillors, but gouges everyone else
by dedja
Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gas and Electricity

I think I've already mentioned this earlier but look at the rates themselves, not the 'discounts'.

15% off doesn't mean jack if it's on inflated rates.

Yes, some retailers do this.
by dedja
Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

Yep, coached the Bays to a win over Central ... 8)
by dedja
Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nope, but the Bays have won the same number of finals as Central in the last 3 years ...
by dedja
Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

LOL ... there isn't much else to hold onto at the moment! ... except maybe, oh never mind :lol:
by dedja
Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Disagree, Port need to be at least 3 goals up at 3/4 time to have any hope, the Hawks are threatening to bust the game wide open.
by dedja
Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

daysofourlives wrote:TORN APART, back to Alberton you wharfie scum

Could have been a tad awkward ... :lol:
by dedja
Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Oh the irony ... only a kickinit
by dedja
Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Apart from a few numpties behind the southern goals, where are these so called Magpie supporters?

There's a sea of red and blue around the ground.

MONSFAW
by dedja
Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You faarked ripper.

Faark off scum
by dedja
Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I want to know ... where were all the Port supporters?

Pathetic turnout by them, comprehensively outnumbered by Norwood.

It was a bit of a surreal feeling at Adelaide Oval today, wasn't the same atmosphere as a final, let alone a GF.

Norwood tried hard to blow the match in the last when they had the ball in their forward half for 15 mins without sinking a major, then completely missing the sticks from a 35m set shot.

I thought it was totally appropriate that Summerton missed an opportunity to put Port ahead late in the last quarter. That's what we call karma for deserting your values and playing with the Power Reserves this year after bagging the club last year about threatening to do exactly what they ended up doing.

Butcher has to be one of the biggest flogs I have seen at SANFL level, Wouldn't get a kick in Div 7 ammos.

Well done Norwood, thoroughly deserved the win. Beat Port in both finals and a 3-1 record over the year.

MONSFAW.
by dedja
Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Recently dead set broke, struggled to make the finals in recent years, get gifted an AFL laden side with full time professionals, $9.3M salary cap, $40M+ revenue with sponsorship dollars galore and AFL facilities ... and still couldn't beat a true SANFL club on a sub $400K salary cap, part time players, barely $2-3M revenue, and no clubrooms.

We are Port Adelaide my arse, you are cheating scabs, and you still couldn't do the job.

Congratulations Norwood Football Club, Premiers 2014.

MONSFAW
by dedja
Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RB wrote:J. Butcher 6 kicks 2 handballs 1 tackle 0 goals 1 behind

very unlucky not to jag the Jack Oatey medal ...
by dedja
Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The SANFL is not dead, 38K to the GF is healthy and the GF was a good spectacle.

The issue for me is that the 10 teams are not playing on equal terms. Port and the Crows operate under different conditions (and this year to each other) to the 8 SANFL clubs.

Unfortunately, the AFL teams requirements for a reserves side and maximising the selection of AFL listed players, and the ideals of the SANFL to have an equal and fair competition are impossible to achieve together.

Add in the presumption of the SANFL and the clubs that voted for the inclusion of the AFL that the participation of the AFL clubs in the SANFL is required to maintain sponsorship, media and spectator exposure. This is the killer for me. Without this presumption, then we could have just included the AFL reserves sides in the SANFL reserves and I wouldn't care less whether the competition was compromised or was won each year by an AFL club.

Unfortunately, now that the AFL clubs are in the SANFl, they're not going away in a hurry.

Perversely, one could somewhat justifiably mount an argument that the inclusion of the AFL sides this year has either been a resounding success or somewhat a failure, depending on what lens you are looking through.

My 2c is that the SANFL and the 8 SANFL clubs each should state what they consider the consider to be the KPIs and success factors for the competition and their individual clubs, because at the moment most of us aren't sure what they are. Due to this, we all seem to be guessing what defines success, and this breeds conspiracy theories, personal prejudices, not wanted to concede that the world has changed, etc.

Also, whilst I don't like what has happened to the SANFL in 2014, I don't think taking it out on the supporters of the AFL teams is good for anyone. In particular, the Port Magpies supporters who must feel somewhat wedged between their tradition and the new world (note that collective terms such as wharfie, scum, etc are acceptable if used in a generic sense). Conversely, it does no good if the same supporters gloat about everyone else catching up when they themselves didn't do any hard yards to obtain their unfair advantage, or even acknowledging that they have an unfair advantage, which isn't diluted if they don't happen to win the flag.

You can't really blame the administration of the AFL teams either. Their concern is about the welfare of their clubs, which is exactly what the SANFL clubs should be doing.

I also believe you can't blame the SANFL clubs themselves. By this I don't mean the Presidents who voted on the AFL proposal, but the CEOs, office administrators, volunteers and players. This is why I increased my involvement and financial contribution to my club, because the need for assistance is currently at its greatest.

I know there are a few that have decided to decrease or withdraw their involvement, support and financial contribution to their club and that is their right to do so, but t pains me to see this occurring.

The responsibility for the inclusion of the the AFL teams in the SANFL falls squarely on the SANFL commission and SANFL Directors. They had the power to not only decide whether it happened at all, but the terms and conditions on any acceptance. It is the duty of all to discuss and try to influence our Presidents to ensure that we not only are appropriately informed, but are seen to be appropriately informed. I know there are those that will say that they tried this before to no avail, but ultimately the club's members have control if the constitutional tools are used correctly and effectively. If you strongly disagree with the decisions of your President (and therefore your Board), then vote them out.

Regardless of which side of the argument one may sit, there can be not doubt that everyone isn't a winner and there are opportunities to improve the situation.

What is now required is a clear strategy to manage the SANFL competition so that the competition thrives within an even and competitive environment.

This is where I struggle the most because for the moment, I can't see the forest for the trees for that strategy.
by dedja
Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Freddie was at the club after the Bays beat Port in the last minor round, hanging out with the Tonys ... faark knows where Harold Holt is though.

And I'm not sure Fester got the humility memo ... :lol:
by dedja
Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sanderson sacked

Clown indeed :lol:

HAWTHORN premiership mentor Alastair Clarkson has fired back at claims he will quit the Hawks to join the Adelaide Football Club next year.

Clarkson’s remarks followed Magarey Medallist and inaugural Crows player Andrew Jarman declaring Clarkson would be presented as Adelaide’s new coach on Tuesday on radio TripleM.

“To the clown Jarman in Adelaide - not true, I am not going anywhere,” Clarkson said on the Channel Nine Footy Show’s grand final special in Melbourne.
by dedja
Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 AFL Grand Final - Hawthorn v Sydney

Clarko to give this all up for the Crows? .. baaaawaaahaaaa
by dedja
Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Best & Fairest Winners

The Bays motto is ... we exist so you can win premierships
by dedja
Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is it time for an "SANFL summer comp?"

Great idea, let's make a whole lot of part-time footballers work harder for their measly financial rewards and put further financial strain on clubs that can least afford it.

Brilliant!
by dedja
Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |