Search found more than 2690 matches

Return

Re: Ashes 2023

mal wrote:The G.O.A.T injury could end up costly by the end of this series
Cummins wouldn’t have bowled him anyway.
He wants all the glory for himself
by Jim05
Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Season 2023

Cam McCarthy the new Downlow Medal leader

IMG_3463.jpeg
by Jim05
Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Neser came in at 5-73 overnight and went on to hit 176* off 202 balls to take Glamorgan to 9-403 declared. Mitch Swepson also got 69 off 70.

Glamorgan were 7/93 at one point as well! Bear in mind it’s Div 2 donkey league.
The Redbacks would win every game in Div 2.
I watched a bit of the game and it looked like park cricket
by Jim05
Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13 West v Central

Dogs64 wrote:Dominating most categories and looking like we'll lose.
You are in front in time on
by Jim05
Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2023

woodublieve12 wrote:Pretty arrogant of port making all those changes.
Wasn’t 3 or 4 of them forced changes?
by Jim05
Sun Jul 16, 2023 12:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

NuNu, foreshore in Palm Cove,
3rd year in a row here,
every time the food is incredble,
from simple things like chicken wings to the perfect eye fillet,
a fantastic wine list too, lots of SA reds,
coupled with a stunning view of the palm tree lined shore overlooking the Coral Sea,
if you don't get it on after this, then your relationship is stuffed :D :D Will second that.
It’s our favourite in Palm Cove
by Jim05
Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Would Port look at Grundy next year if they only had to trade say a 3rd rounder & Dees/Pies continue to pay the majority of his salary?

Whilst the premiership window appears to be open I don't think its the worst move? Thoughts? Adelaide doesn’t have as many hipster cafes serving Soy, almond milk lattes with turmeric and ginseng as what Melbourne does.
No way does Grundy leave Melbourne
by Jim05
Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2023 season

Spargo wrote:.
Lol
Norwood 2 games plus percentage behind the Dogs with 6 to go and we are “even” with them.
What’s that saying about fools and money?
by Jim05
Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bali/Phuket

Have done my VOA online and the customs declaration online.
Have someone there that has greased a few palms so hopefully speed straight through

VOA was barely any wait time, but we had done ours as you had and customs the same, as you have.

We landed within 40 minutes of 13 other flights, 6 of them international and the "express" $$ clearance facility wasn't on offer. They were just overwhelmed. Fun times.
Best I be having a few more vodkas on the flight :)
by Jim05
Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bali/Phuket

Flight landed 2245, pulled up just in front of Emirates and Qatar flights. Through immigration and out in car by 2330 and that included a 15 minute delay on luggage.
by Jim05
Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bedge wrote:For the uneducated.. why are there always so many wickets on the square at England grounds?
My understanding is that most grounds don’t have the space around them like we do here as land is at a premium so therefore they have all their practice nets setup on the ground
by Jim05
Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 North v Norwood

The flag has deservedly given Rawlings some breathing space and happy to write this year off as just one of those years but I’d think he would have to make finals next year at a minimum to keep his job
by Jim05
Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 20

Scoreless in a quarter against the bottom side. Surely North are taking the piss
by Jim05
Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Work on $200 a day for cash and you should be fine.

You need $54 each upon arrival for your VIsa. My suggestion is to take $100 cash per person and use that, you'll then get the $46 in IDR and have some splash cash before you walk out.

Im guess $200 a day is for the entire family....?

Any real good cheap proper Indo food restaurants anyone recommends. Many restaurants are geared towards tourists so if you want good Indonesian food steer clear of the big restaurants, shopping and tourist strips. Plenty of authentic street food and look for Warung’s. They settings are fairly basic with just a few tables and chairs but food can be superb and costs only $1-2 for a massive plate or bowl.
by Jim05
Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:Can I do the online visas 5 weeks out from the holiday or do they need to be done within the 30 days
Can be done up to 90 days in advance so 5 weeks out is fine
by Jim05
Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 21

Loving how the Hawks are beating up on Daicos. Pies are absolutely rattled by the physicality
by Jim05
Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Frequent Flyer Points

I play the points game and are somewhat of an expert at it. I churn and burn CC’s along with any other points promos.
I disagree with some of the comments in regards to Qantas points, yes they have issues but reward flights in business class is very tight across all airlines currently and most airlines only release a small number of seats and these are snatched up very quickly my the millions of frequent flyers around the globe. Some programs like Qantas for instance release reward seats to higher tier members earlier than than other tiers but this is only applicable on their metal, One World and other partners don’t have this.
Business reward seats in and and out of Australia at the moment are like hens teeth because the airlines can charge a pretty penny but if you are flexible and have no schedules airlines will often release batches of reward seats a week or so out of flights aren’t full.
I currently have large point stashes in Qantas, Virgin, Air Canada and Virgin Atlantic which gives me a good spread.
In the last 8 years I’ve managed to redeem the following tickets
- 2x seats Business class seats on Emirates, Melbourne to Dubai to Frankfurt and Paris to Dubai to Melbourne.
- 2x seats Business class seats Melbourne to Hong Kong return on Virgin Australia
- 2x seats Business class Sydney to Singapore return on Qantas
- 2x seats Business class Sydney to Jakarta, Jakarta to Hong Kong on Cathay and Hong Kong to Bangkok on Cathay (First Class)
- 2x seats Business class Adelaide to KL return on Malaysian Airlines
- 2x seats Business class Adelaide to Singapore return on Singapore Airlines.
Last October I took my parents to Vietnam and scored
- 4x seats Business class Brisbane to Singapore to Hanoi with Singapore Airlines then I got my parents 2x Business seats KL to Sydney on Malaysian Airlines to come home and my wife and then got 2x seats Business class KL to Abu Dhabi return on Etihad and then 2x seats Business class KL to Adelaide on Malaysian Airlines.
We were in Bali a couple of weeks ago on a paid Business class flight with Virgin Australia but then went to Jakarta for a couple of days and then flew home on points in Business class from Jakarta to Melbourne.
My wife and I are headed back to Europe in March and I’m piecing together flights and so far I’ve booked with points
- 2x seats Business class Adelaide to Singapore to Bangkok on Singapore Airlines
- 2x seats Business class Paris to Mauritius on Air France
- 2x seats Business class Mauritius to KL to Singapore to Adelaide on Singapore Airlines.
Now I just need to find a way to get from Bangkok to Europe and I scout websites regularly to see if any reward seats are released.
There are lots of tricks and hacks to it but the key is being flexible and be prepared to fly in our out of ports that near by or even take multiple flights if need be. Also need to be aware that some airlines charge exorbitant fees and surcharges on reward seats but happy to help anyone who needs assistance
by Jim05
Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 22

That last goal to Cameron should have been disallowed. You can’t handball outside the boundary
by Jim05
Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What’s a finals win?
Just asking for a friend ;)
by Jim05
Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:What do people do for mobile data / calls etc whilst in Bali.

Currently got an Iphone using an e-sim.
Wherever I go around the world I just use Global roaming. International day passes are ok value and nearly every pub, shop, cafe etc has free Wifi
by Jim05
Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Flying

Way too fine even if you are on the one PNR. I wouldn’t risk it but Darwin is not too bad if you are on one PNR and have luggage checked through.
Pretty much step off one plane and go to the next gate and get on another
The same PNR does mean that the airline is responsible for you should you miss connection and they have to get you on the next flight or put you up in a hotel.
I doubt it is on one PNR though as it would error out on MCT (although airline IT is known to throw in some curveballs)
If on seperate PNR’s By time the flight lands and if you have to collect luggage your check in would have closed and you are up for the cost of new flight, accommodation etc.
I wouldn’t risk it TBH
by Jim05
Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 23

Crows players all celebrating and not even awaiting the goal umpire’s decision so all the Swans players were free to chip it around
by Jim05
Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL 23-24

Wedgie wrote:In Ange we trust!
Spurs 2
Man U 0

Great win for all Australian soccer/football fans! :D
Yes United are crap but the love fest for Ange is sickening from the media.
This isn’t the NBA where people support players over clubs :)
by Jim05
Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 23

Spargo wrote:Welcome to Arden Street, Harley Reid.
Yep. Let’s hope the AFL now come to their senses and bin all other thoughts of PP’s or other leg ups.
Picks 1&2 is more than enough
by Jim05
Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

This is a serious question.
Why are there so many lesbians in women's sport? Probably plenty of gay men too but it does seem a lot more accepted in women’s sport and they are a lot more grown up about it.
Only ever been a handful of males from elite sport come out and with all the hate on social media they probably think it’s not worth it. Only have to look at all the hate and vitriol that Josh Cavallo copped
by Jim05
Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 Eagles v West

Westies win by a goal
by Jim05
Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RD 18 DOGS VS POWER X CONVENIENCE OVAL SAT 26TH AUG 2:10

Well done Dogs, have earth your spot in the finals
by Jim05
Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Three-time premiership Lion Jonathan Brown has taken an almighty swipe at the AFL over its finals fixturing and the treatment of one club in particular.

And no, it’s not his beloved Brisbane – but their opponents in week one of the AFL finals, Port Adelaide.

Brisbane, who finished second at the end of the regular season, will host the third-placed Power at the Gabba at 7.25pm AEST on Saturday night in the second qualifying final.

But a curfew at Brisbane Airport then means the South Australian side can’t return home until Sunday and would face a likely six-day turnaround to host its next final if it loses to the Lions.

And it’s not just the reduced recovery time Brown was concerned about for Port.

The 41-year-old former All Australian also feels the decision is based on ratings, opting to put second versus third on prime time on Saturday night, rather than a clash between St Kilda and Greater Western Sydney – who have two of the smaller supporter groups in the AFL.

“I’m happy being a Brisbane supporter playing Saturday night, but I think it’s a bad move by the AFL,” Brown said On the Couch.

“I think Port Adelaide’s been harshly affected. They finished top four, they deserve preferable scheduling.

“They deserve to be back home on Saturday night in their own bed.

“They won’t be able to do that, there’s a curfew out of Brisbane Airport, so they won’t get home until Sunday.

“If they lose, they have to back up essentially six days later. I think that’s poor from the AFL.

“Port Adelaide have earned the right to have a better schedule. That is a big mistake by the AFL.

“They want to go for the ratings. They probably think Brisbane-Port Adelaide is better than St Kilda-GWS on Saturday.” I agree with him that Port should get the better draw but Brisbane Airport doesn’t have a curfew it’s Adelaide Airport that is the issue
by Jim05
Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Elimination Final - Central District v Powerserves

Fantasia when fit is still a class above.
Has turned it on this quarter
by Jim05
Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

60th birthday party locked & loaded at The Azul Beach Club in Bali Mandira on the 12th October,
28 people attending,
rooftop bar with pool & DJ,
something tells me this could end up like The Hangover. Have stayed at the Mandira a few years back and it was a fantastic resort. The Azul Beach club got a visit a couple of times and it was great fun. For a group of people it could get very loose :)
by Jim05
Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

DOC wrote:In keeping with the AFL's endorsement of the referendum:

How about Baker Boy.
It rather see Midnight Oil.
by Jim05
Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Silly Season

Mitch Cleary
@cleary_mitch
23m
Essendon’s Brandon Zerk-Thatcher has this morning requested a trade to Port Adelaide
@7NewsMelbourne Don’t know why the hold up, he told the club a little while back that he needed to head home for family reasons and Port has been in his ear for over a year so I don’t think the Crows were ever a chance which realistically only leaves Port.
Pick 37 or 43 should be enough
by Jim05
Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

What's happening on the corner of Lower North East Rd and Awoonga Ave, opposite the reservoir? Drove past and all the trees have been chopped down. Found Giant pine scale in them which is a massive bio security risk. The bugs suck the sap from pines and could wipe out the pine industry if it gets out.
by Jim05
Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals Week 2

Deserved to lose with their pathetic goal kicking.
The Bears would be licking their lips though
by Jim05
Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sad day for the footballing world. They say no one is bigger than the game but I’ll make an exception for him.
Surely one of the MCG stands is named in his honour
by Jim05
Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Might not win the flag but Kingsley is coach of the year for mine, I genuinely thought they would be bottom 4 (insert broken record jokes here)

Our man Vossy gotta be up there too Carlton were predicted to make the 8 and even top 4 at the start of the season.
GWS was predicted to finish bottom 4
Kingsley has done an amazing job with a list that isn’t the most talented
by Jim05
Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:What a bunch of pretenders.

Indeed. Keep doing the same thing and expect a different result. Insanity.
Not sure Zerk and Ratugolea will change things too much but if Sweet is even half decent it will be a step up from Lycett
by Jim05
Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The best defenders in the comp can’t do much when the mids get hammered like Port did last night. Port have a young quality midfield and they will learn plenty from last night. Rozee in particular had a poor one and some of his non chases and half arsed tackle attempts weren’t good.
by Jim05
Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I suppose it's all about tv ratings.

Bingo.

Gabba game should be a 2.10 or 2.30 p.m. first bounce but again, TV ratings.
Hot playing there during the day at that time.
Play the G Prelim Sat arvo and Brisbane game at night.
Mind you it's 2 degrees cooler in Brisbane than Adelaide today. Can’t play the Gabba game at night. Part of the AFLPA agreement is that all sides must be back in their home state by Saturday night.
Twilight game allows Carlton to get the last flight back to Melbourne that night
by Jim05
Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The best defenders in the comp can’t do much when the mids get hammered like Port did last night. Port have a young quality midfield and they will learn plenty from last night. Rozee in particular had a poor one and some of his non chases and half arsed tackle attempts weren’t good.

What’s happened to Ollie? I don’t follow closely enough but assume his role has been adjusted to allow further development/responsibility for the next generation of midfield stars they have, but how they could have used that contested ever present bull version of him last night. Bizarre but you have a bloke that won a Brownlow as a pure grunt midfielder and it seems he has been forced out on to the wing
by Jim05
Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And today Kevin “Cowboy” Neale has passed away.
Sad 24hrs for the football community
by Jim05
Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:Would love Hayes at Central,
apparently very close to joining us last season.

Hang on, he was contracted in the AFL but was going to leave to play at Central?
Yep, he was going to tear up his AFL contract worth $300k plus to go and play at Elizabeth for $3k a year just for the fun of it
by Jim05
Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Finals

DOC wrote:Why do Foxtel continue to use the drug cheat Alastair lynch?

An absolute crap example to anyone.
At least I can understand Lynch.
Channel 7 use convicted cheat Jobe and I swear he dropped out of school at 8 years old. He just mumbles and makes no sense
by Jim05
Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2024

southernbulldog wrote:Hosie might be a chance again to get on an AFL list after today and the season hes had.
To good for SANFL
Unfortunately for him I think he is a tweener.
Too good for SANFL but not quite AFL standard.
No shame in that, he will end up with a pretty decent SANFL resume
by Jim05
Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

Choke avoided Daisy.
Trailed at every break but then got out for a 15 point lead in the last only for Nuri to kick 3 straight and hit the front entering time on. 2 quick goals sealed the 8 point win and remarkable to have only lost 4 games in 3 years. Don’t think they are ready to stop just yet either
by Jim05
Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Rail network in Australia is shocking and we should have a great setup instead we have a hotchpotch network where rail travel is expensive and is always having delays, scheduling problems
by Jim05
Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Rail network in Australia is shocking and we should have a great setup instead we have a hotchpotch network where rail travel is expensive and is always having delays, scheduling problems

Air/Rail. Same thing. Some similarities in how they are run but we have one of the best air networks in the world and our air m infrastructure is pretty damn good. Rail on the other hand has been left to rot almost.
A Melbourne to Sydney bullet train would fix a lot of issues in the air and rail industry unfortunately it’s no closer to reality than what it was 30 years ago
by Jim05
Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NRL

I still can’t get over that last 25 minutes by Cleary, I can’t recall a better performance from a half in a GF, WOW
Sterling in 82 controlled the game and kept Manly out of it sealed his kangaroo tour

Mortimer in 84 kept Parra camped on their line

Johns in 2001 smashed Parramatta As a long time Parra member I do recall those (some more fondly than others) but I thought Cleary topped that tonight. That 20-25 minutes was just stunning
by Jim05
Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Silly Season

Lightning McQueen wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:Lachie Schulz has informed Freo he wants to get to Collingwood.

That’s good of him to want to go help a struggling club out.
Contracted for another year, wants to return home to Victoria.
I’ll take the Premiers and only the Premiers thanks :)
by Jim05
Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |