Search found more than 2690 matches

Return

Re: AFL Round 13

Collingwood fans booing Grundy is kinda weird when he wanted to stay and the club shafted him and kicked him out
by Jim05
Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Under 18s and Under 16s

This crop of U18’s from SA is quite possibly the worst we have produced in a long time.
by Jim05
Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 2023

whufc wrote:Where can I stream the cricket?
On C9 so I guess it will be on their app
by Jim05
Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I love watching this bazball style We have set a terribly defensive field and they are just knocking them around for ones and two’s.
Would like to see us take it to them
The field is set like that to cut off the boundaries, if Australia had a 'normal' test match field they'd be leaking boundaries. Have to try something different to try and keep England's run rate down. You keep the run rate down by taking wickets. This is way too defensive IMO. You can have a healthy mix but I reckon we have gone a bit too far
by Jim05
Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bairstow looks like he has eaten Rohit
by Jim05
Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

“Hi, it’s David. I’m out now. Most likely from the bowling of Broad. Please leave a message after the tone…”
by Jim05
Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cameras picked up Broad muttering “shit pitch” as he walked back to his mark.

Might want to take it up with your skipper and the ECB for doctoring it
by Jim05
Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Our tail is insipid
by Jim05
Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 14

People talk about how bad Carlton have been and rightly so but how bad are Gold Coast.
They had everything to play for including a top 8 spot and they dish up that crap.
Shut the door on them!
They’re wasting everyone’s time. Irrelevant club that are purely there to boost junior numbers in QLD and to be a feeder club for all the other AFL clubs
and yet theyve won the same amount of finals as the Bombers since theyve been in ;) Not exactly hard although I’m sure if we were gifted 20 top 30 picks in 3 years and all the other concessions they have had throughout we might have scraped a win in the finals by now ;)
by Jim05
Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Robinson claiming it's professional sport....in that shape. :lol:
For a bloke with a history of racist and anti Muslim tweets it definitely doesn’t look too bright to give Khawaja a send off like that
by Jim05
Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon

We have changed logos before just as every other club has. Don’t have a issue with it as long as the final product is ok.
I’d rather win games than worry about a logo TBH
by Jim05
Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ashes 2023

Love him or hate him you have to admire Broad for always wanting the ball in his hand. Compare that to old pea heart Jimmy who with the game on the line and a new rock he squibbed it and handed the responsibility over to a park trundler.
Weak as piss
5 of our top 6 batters did stuff all and we still won, once they click we will brain these hacks
by Jim05
Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

IMG_3441.jpeg
by Jim05
Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Get the violin out Jimmy
Better speak to your skipper and the ECB if you don’t want doctored pitches

“It’s a long series and hopefully I can contribute at some point, but if all the pitches are like that I’m done in the Ashes series.”
by Jim05
Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ashes 2023

Get the violin out Jimmy
Better speak to your skipper and the ECB if you don’t want doctored pitches

“It’s a long series and hopefully I can contribute at some point, but if all the pitches are like that I’m done in the Ashes series.”

poor jimmy getn too old and needs all the conditions in his favour to make a contribution, time to retire me thinks I think he is a bit soft but to be fair Broad also complained about the pitch.
Definitely would be an interesting conversation between their two great bowlers and Stokes and/or the ECB.
We haven’t won a Ashes series for donkeys years under their conditions and suddenly they have put up conditions that favour us
by Jim05
Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 15

carey wrote:Do people actually think that Umpire's go out and purposely try to cheat to favour a side?
In Margetts case yes.
Rolled gold cheat
by Jim05
Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Should have let Stokes sort them out
by Jim05
Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

First thing Johnny has caught this series
by Jim05
Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

tigerpie wrote:When he hits the seam he's unplayable.
Our bowlers will be champing at the bit.
Won’t be a cloud in the sky when we bowl :)
by Jim05
Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:Be interesting to se the data from the cricket apps when Australia starts to wake up everyday, I know its the first app I go.

Looks like pretty much every batter from each team has got a start on this wicket so far, yet no ton's
Smith?
by Jim05
Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 16

If the AFL was serious about head knocks they would call HTB straight away rather than allow 720 degree tackles
by Jim05
Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 16

When do we get some hometown umpiring?
by Jim05
Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

AFL Round 16

gadj1976 wrote:
Dirty dog wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Can’t believe I’m going to have to support Collingwood in the finals

Tv member

Country Member.

And if Port and Collingwood make the Grand final, l'm going to the races.
Races in Iraq at that time of year? :)
by Jim05
Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Armchair expert wrote:STOP WHINGING TUBBY FFS
He is correct though.
This is utter garbage
by Jim05
Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NRL

Wedgie wrote:Cowboys 74 West's Tigers 0 :shock:
Fair turnaround
Wests beat them 66-18 just 6 weeks ago
by Jim05
Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 Sturt v Norwood

Final score
Sturt 3.12.30
Norwood 9.5.59

Very good win and the defence held up amazingly considering the amount of ball down there.
Still don’t think we can make finals but we can most definitely shape them and hopefully we finish the season on a high
by Jim05
Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 Glenelg v Central

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
After party celebrations and entertainment being locked in. They couldn't get Kylie unfortunately.

Asked for Kylie and got Studley instead
by Jim05
Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lol, that’s out you fat ****
by Jim05
Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:If the roles were reversed the uproar on here would break post records.

Don’t agree with it at all.
Not at all. It’s a legitimate out just like the catch yesterday was correctly called not out
by Jim05
Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:If the roles were reversed the uproar on here would break post records.

Don’t agree with it at all.
The same England that ran a bloke out at Lords who wandered out of his crease after awaiting a LBW appeal.
by Jim05
Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I’m sure England will claim they are the real winners here just like they were in the first test.
And to think these clowns were making fun of our lower order when they have 4 genuine number 11’s
by Jim05
Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Smith MOTM
That should wind the crowd up even more
by Jim05
Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

IMG_3451.jpeg
by Jim05
Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote::lol:

Are those names real or something out of a English pantomime.
Absolute gold
by Jim05
Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

BROAD: That’s the worst thing I’ve ever seen
Really Stuart, really
You don’t remember hitting one to slip and not walking?
by Jim05
Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

IMG_3454.jpeg
by Jim05
Mon Jul 03, 2023 3:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

heater31 wrote:Wowee the UK papers really have some serious sand in the vaginas this morning!

About the only English people in the Australian corner are former captains!
Atherton spoke really well and had a decent crack at Bairstow
by Jim05
Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Port Adelaide 2023

Port were shit
Essendon were shitter

Review done :)
by Jim05
Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

am Bays wrote:Pope is out for the series and requires surgery on his shoulder

If England are smart they bring in Foakes and bat Jonny at 3.
Pope out is a win for England. He is a dud
by Jim05
Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Palm Cove this Saturday,
too bloody cold here,
started looking at houses for sale up there already!
Maybe move in about 5 years. Love Palm Cove but a week or 2 is usually enough, I can’t stand the heat and humidity for much longer than that these days.
Heading to Bali and Jakarta for 2 weeks in a fortnight and 2 weeks of the heat will be more than enough
by Jim05
Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2023

He's managed 20 games in a season once, across 10 years at two clubs. To make the suggestion the current high performance team he is under doesn't have the answers is, quite frankly, a load of shit. It's evident, quite clearly in my view, that his body isn't up to the rigors of AFL football but you're probably right, it's this high performance team who has it all wrong. He had soft tissues at Norwood and that trend continued at Essendon even though I have no doubt our medical team was partly at fault.
His body just isn’t up to it which is a shame because he has the ability to be a pretty decent footballer
by Jim05
Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

[quote="BoundaryRider84"]Lads, need some help. Haven't been to the airport in years and have my cousin coming over for a surprise but I'm the only person who knows. Is parking easier or can I just go to a waiting area etc ... I'm guessing the fees are high do I just need my card or do I need some special access card. TIA
Just wait in Export Park & get them to text you when they’re leaving the terminal. Pick up/drop off slip lane is policed heavily at times so it’s best to wait just around the corner.

Always, I stress always arrange pick ups for pick up point "B" towards the taxi rank end of the slip lane. Everyone goes to park right at the start, always go down to the end. Alternatively I tell my wife to go to the Atura hotel entrance and I’ll meet her out there. Never any traffic but they are hot on parking there so need to be quick
Or go the long way round to where QANTAS valet is. Not as hotly policed but still best not be there for longer than a few mins in any of those locations otherwise not only you have airport carpark staff telling you off, AFP will come along :lol:[/quote]I can also tell you that in any of the locations they have cameras with license recognition software and they will post out traffic infringement notices without so you don’t even have to be spoken to by security to cop a fine
by Jim05
Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thank **** that Fat Johnny can’t catch
by Jim05
Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: International ODIs

I have only seen patches of this tournament. Was impressed with the crowds and passion for the Zimbabwe games. The culmination of 4 years work to make the World Cup comes down to Scotland vs Netherlands. Sri Lanka are already qualified.

It will come down to NRR if Netherlands win. This article explains it a bit better for those of us who might switch over in the lunch break:

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/scenarios-what-scotland-and-netherlands-need-to-book-the-final-world-cup-2023-spot-1385760

"If Netherlands score 250, Scotland can afford to lose by up to 31 runs to stay ahead on run rate. A win by 32 or more runs for Netherlands will lift their NRR above Scotland's. If Scotland bat first and score 250, they will stay ahead on NRR if Netherlands chase it down in around 44.1 overs (depending on how they get their winning runs). If they chase it down any sooner, then Netherlands will trump Scotland's run rate and take the second qualification spot." Dutch got through in an amazing game.
by Jim05
Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Take Marsh out and our batting has deadset been pathetic
by Jim05
Fri Jul 07, 2023 1:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ashes 2023

mal wrote:LM

They landed on the moon that year :rolleyes:

That’s a big hit, must have been seeing them like watermelons ;)
by Jim05
Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Our batting has been deplorable this test, we really don’t deserve to win
by Jim05
Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 17

We wasted too many good chances. Should be 4-5 goals up

Your pessimism knows no bounds lol
You own this game and will run out 10 goal winners It’s not pessimism
I said nothing about us losing.
I simply stated we blew too many chances and should’ve been further in front. We have missed some absolute sitters
We are dominating around the ground though and it’s the best half we have played in some time
by Jim05
Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mal wrote:6/211
Brooks playing a blinder

More nicks than a Western suburbs fish & chip shop
by Jim05
Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

End of the day we were at least 50 runs short due to weak shots at the top of the order, dum shots when we’re set (the crap shots England we’re guilty of in the - 1st two tests) and our bowling plans to the tail.

Need to back Murphy in

How good would a tour game be this Thursday to have a top order bat off between Warner Harris and Renshaw. Give Murphy some overs and have a look at Neser.

Arrogant tour planning by us to not have a game now against say the English Lions. First innings
Australia 4/240
England 5/87

Yet we only need up with a 26 run lead
That is where it was lost
by Jim05
Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |