Search found 362 matches

Return

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Ventured into Karen Rolton Oval yesterday, fantastic place to watch state cricket. Redbacks should play there more often IMO.

Can anyone tell me why the Eastern side "hill" isn't grassed & has shrubs on it instead? If it was grass would be best seat in the house. Seems bizarre it isn't.
Isn't it because it is too steep to be mowed?
This may be way off the mark but I heard a rumour that they did try to make it less steep initially but found a s...load of asbestos in the old landfill that has been there for umpteen years. Too difficult and expensive to remove and would have delayed the whole project by plenty so it was left buried deep there. Hence the "shrubbery" instead of turf so people won't sit there - out of sight out of mind.

Spot on MC, heard asbestos was the reason too. The original plan was for it all to be grassed, would have been the best place to watch cricket. Very, very disappointing outcome in the end. Cost was going to be huge to rectify the issue.

So like the majority of SA projects instead of moving to a better/safer location we just do it half-assed....
by MatteeG
Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Golf with 3 mates yesterday, 6 hours of no kids, no wives plus beer = bliss

Its so bloody hard to organise in our busy lives but jeez its great for the mental health, us blokes need to prioritise more of this sort of stuff.

Absolutely! We played yesterday at Echunga- then went to the Hagen Arms for a Schnitzel (top shelf).

Then about 7 beers in I volunteered to fill in in indoor cricket which I havent played for about 5 years. Went OK too!

Paying for it now, Gees I'm sore.
by MatteeG
Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg V Port Grand Final

Merry Christmas all Bays fans. Best one in 33 years.
by MatteeG
Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: School Absentee whilst Holidaying

As i've mentioned on here before me and the family including partner plus a 11, 8 & 1 year old are spending 5 weeks over in Europe. This means to two older children will be missing 4 weeks of school.

I'm a big believer in the ability for real world travelling experiences to be great educational learnings for children and i want my children to gain some of this whilst on holiday.

What have others done in regards to their kids missing school? Do schools still give the kids work to do whilst away? Should i get them to keep a journal? Provide them with a project?

Thoughts?

We took our 2 (then 8 and 5) to the USA for 5 weeks toward the end of 2018. Whilst Miss 5 didnt have to do anything Mr 8 did a journal of sorts and we put a heap of photos into a powerpoint presentation when we got back which he presented to the class, and spoke about each of the places we stayed.
by MatteeG
Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Super Bowl LIV

Go Chiefs!

My son is a massive Mahomes fan boy after our trip to the US in 2018 where we saw them beat the Broncos. (So am I quietly)

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/45609130_212532926338255_7052455824676880384_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ohc=zQhFIFq6aPkAX_nbTfz&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=f09aa95947a95c02eba805dce6120de3&oe=5E959AA6
by MatteeG
Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Cannot stop listening to this banger. New album is gonna be a corker.

by MatteeG
Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Bushfire Fundraiser - Vic vs The Rest

Lycett is a strange one, 3 of his last 4 games of footy were in the SANFL

Don't think there's much in the ruck stocks for the All Stars. There's no way in hell Grundy is rucking a preseason game by himself.

Maybe Russell Johnston can come out of retirement as he’d be a better option than Lycett.

Wes Fellowes would even be a better option.
by MatteeG
Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg - Missing persons unit

Cam Bros and MatteeG now in.
by MatteeG
Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Played Victor Harbor a couple of weeks ago. Do yourself a favour, in ripping nick.

Had 36 points too. 8)
by MatteeG
Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Another cool and blustery morning.
Stroke off Black. Matchplay championship qualifying.

A slow walk.
But a pleasant one with some reasonable ball striking.
Ended up with 80 so nett 66.
Only 1 poor drive all day. No shanks for a change..... :lol:

Nice hitting!!

Stroke round at Murray Bridge tomorrow morning- cant wait!!
by MatteeG
Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Another cool and blustery morning.
Stroke off Black. Matchplay championship qualifying.

A slow walk.
But a pleasant one with some reasonable ball striking.
Ended up with 80 so nett 66.
Only 1 poor drive all day. No shanks for a change..... :lol:

Nice hitting!!

Stroke round at Murray Bridge tomorrow morning- cant wait!!

78 off the stick, nett 66. Good times.
by MatteeG
Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

amber_fluid wrote:
MatteeG wrote:Vale Ale- cartons for $55 delivered currently.

Got a slab of the Vale Tropic Ale on way next week. :partyman:

Where from mate?

Sippify. Currently waiving their $8 delivery fee
by MatteeG
Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MatteeG wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
MatteeG wrote:Vale Ale- cartons for $55 delivered currently.

Got a slab of the Vale Tropic Ale on way next week. :partyman:

Where from mate?

Sippify. Currently waiving their $8 delivery fee

Make sure you sign up to get the best prices, then use the code SHIPBEER to get the delivery discount.
by MatteeG
Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:Gaming Chairs - have flogged my son's while I work from home, bloody comfortable!

Yep- had to renew the home office chair late last year- boss was amused when I handed him the receipt from JB Hifi!
by MatteeG
Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Trying to get a game at the Pat on Sunday- only 2's allowed apparently.
by MatteeG
Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Golf equipment: sticks, balls etc. what do you use and w

Pulled the pin on a set of Srixon z585 irons (4-PW) with the most recent Golfbox sale.

Having a hit on Sunday at Aston Hills to give em a good workout.

Will be on the hunt for a gap/sand wedge now :)
by MatteeG
Tue May 12, 2020 1:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

"Subject to finance".

Those 3 words cost us 15 k and about 2 months of mortgage payments when we sold our last home.

Offer was too good to be true.
by MatteeG
Thu May 21, 2020 11:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Had a crack at Willunga again yesterday. Nice to have flags back!!

Drove well, irons OK, but short game was abysmal. 2 x 4-putts and probably 3 or 4 3-putts. Chipping too was ugly.

Next game is Compass in 2 weeks for a stroke round. Yesterday's 93 doesn't bode well... :lol:

What did you think of the course?

My killer the last 2 times is the par 4 5th?? Where you have to somehow not drive it into the tree.... :lol:

Yep, 6th and 7th have killed me 2 times in a row. Have hit that tree a couple of times, as I tend to draw I start shots right near it!

Also had a rubbish 8th- bladed approach way over the adjoining 3rd green, chipped back and 3 putted. Soul destroying.
by MatteeG
Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:What did you think of the course?

I like the course overall, was in OK nick given the rain- lots of worm holes pushing mud to the surface! A few dry days in a row (unlikely for the short term) would have it in great nick I reckon.
by MatteeG
Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What did you think of the course?

I like the course overall, was in OK nick given the rain- lots of worm holes pushing mud to the surface! A few dry days in a row (unlikely for the short term) would have it in great nick I reckon.

1 thing helped forget about the short game...

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p526x296/101570971_10158191875530575_5888314405204000768_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=x9VgW8K83zQAX9PMt9i&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=ca770ca0c98a870d320be3558eb40f72&oe=5EFC35B0
by MatteeG
Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bum Crack wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I do like Lady Bay

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I see golf deals have a special on at the moment at Lady Bay. $85.00 a round for two people including a motorised buggy. what's a normal round worth?

Great deal that BC- reckon you are saving at least $50 - $60 there.
by MatteeG
Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not forgetting Mt Compass either, another good course down South.

Yeah I have my eye on that one, been watching their social media lately and looks like its in great nick. Will get there soon. Was a bit scarred by it a few years back when it was in terrible condition.

Playing Compass on Sunday- will feed back. Would kill to be in conditions like today (very unlikely looking at the forecast!!)
by MatteeG
Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Played Compass yesterday and it was a battle. Considering the rain, particularly from Saturday, the course held up pretty well. Bit soft in places but not muddy. Greens in great nick, just wish people would occasionally repair divots....

Stroke round too made it tough!! (Blame the author for that!) Ended with a 93 for Nett 82. Was tough hanging on to the clubs at times, but a lot of excuses for some poor golf.

Did have plenty of hilarity. One of our group had 7 off the tee on the 12th. Another muscled a ball straight into someones house front door on the 2nd on his way to a 15. Watched another group trying to retrieve an umbrella in the lake on the 2nd. Adverse conditions always bring a laugh.

Could be my last hit for a while as kids footy is coming back.
by MatteeG
Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Thats where you need the 10 shot rule applied

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Funny Enough we'd all agreed to a 10 mercy rule but old mate was determined to finish the hole...
by MatteeG
Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vale John Kennedy Senior

True giant of the game. Inducted as a Legend just in time. RIP.
by MatteeG
Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID Travel

Booked a week of school holidays at Pt Hughes, anyone got a boat I can borrow? :D

Change of plans, now heading to the Barossa Sunday/Monday/Tuesday next week, have always found the Barossa a bit dull compared to McLaren Vale, esp when I just found out my fav restuarant Fermet Asian isn't open when we are there, suggestions? Any craft breweries worth checking out?

BVB was pretty good last time I went there.

Have heard Greenock Brewery is excellent but havent been there myself.
by MatteeG
Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division II 2020

2 globes, a 6 and a 29 was never gonna be pretty here.

Be good to have someone on my bench play a game sometime this season LOL
by MatteeG
Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vale: Mark Naley

A sad loss- always saved some of his best for the SOO games.

An SA champion. RIP
by MatteeG
Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

Getting the news that one of your best mates' brother has passed away- likely suicide.

Numb.

I hope you're alright mate, pm me if you need to get some grief out.

Cheers. Was able to piss work off and catch up with the mate and some close friends from the school days yesterday and chat through it. Was very worthwhile.
by MatteeG
Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 Eagles v Glenelg Saturday 1334 (not a typo)

This sucks as I wont be able to get there till 1341.
by MatteeG
Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

I wonder how many people have purchased tickets for the Friday night junior finals thinking they have tickets for the Saturday 17s/Bs/As?

I cant see how 1000 tickets for a U/13 and U15 GF could possibly be sold!!
by MatteeG
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Dutchy wrote:Looks like you can get it online here - https://sippify.com.au/bickford-s-iced- ... syrup.html

Bonus you can grab some Vale tins while you are there....
by MatteeG
Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

28 points at Echunga Sunday.

Hit it terrible but the course was still VERY soft. Should be tip top after this week's warmth.
by MatteeG
Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 Retirements and delistings / trade talk

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Like Geelong, Hawthorn built a formidable squad on the back of draft picks (Hodge, Franklin, Roughy etc) Then, whilst they were in the premiership window they exploited Free Agency totop up their list.

Biggest furphy of all time. Hawks got 1 FA signing (Frawley), all others were trades.
by MatteeG
Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 Melb Cup Day Punters Club

Could be keen here lads, I'll be working so have minimum study time.

What's the deal?
by MatteeG
Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

Having played against Reynella in the old SCA for many years I can assure you that your lad is going to a very good club.

Cheers WP, had his first game last Friday night, got a second baller with the bat but bounced back with the ball picking up a clean bowled wicket. First impressions of the coaching and organisation are very good.
by MatteeG
Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Club 125...

Reverse raffle and 4 hr drink package next Saturday :supz: :drinkers: :drinkers: :partyman:
by MatteeG
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Cant remember if I mentioned this but im still filthy 3 weeks on.

Did the food shopping at the local Woolies as I do every fortnight.

I load up all the food at the register and walk down to the end where I collect my bag full of food.

I get there and the checkout lady hands be a shopping bag and says there a tad busy do I mind helping!

They were no busier than other normal day. Being a relatively polite person I kind of just started helping.....im horrible at packing my own bag but was just fuming the whole time.

Talk about taking liberties since Covid.

Should have told her if you wanted to pack your own bag I would have gone through the self serve.
by MatteeG
Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Played Victor on Sunday. Really top nick.

Had 33 points, driving was horrid to be truthful, but putting with the new Super Stroke grip was pretty decent.

Do yourself a favour and have a hit down there if you can.
by MatteeG
Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Netflix

Magellan wrote:I'm sure someone else has beaten me to this, since I've only just started to watch this, but how good is 'The Mandalorian'? Just completed season one, and very keen to binge season two.

Yep. Brilliant. S2 also excellent.
by MatteeG
Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Off to Meningie on the weekend for the Lake Albert Ambrose. Lots of Beer, Bets, Bourbon and Birdies (hopefully).

Bookended with the rescheduled work Christmas function on the Friday and Superbowl on Monday. The ol Liver is gonna be rough. :D
by MatteeG
Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Also have the new fairway wood and 2 x Ripcore Wedges (50 and 56 deg) to test down there. No better way to test clubs than in an Ambrose!

I got a 52 ripcore and they are an awesome club. Enjoy

Can confirm both the 50 and 56 are sensational. Fairway wood hit a couple of rippers too.

Ended up equal 3rd, 5 under off the stick was never gonna be enough (7 under won).

Biggest disappointment was back at the caravan park, hooked up a beast of a carp which ran into the reeds. Not to be outdone 2 of us jumped in after it, only to see the damn thing shake the hook when we were about a metre from it. Would have been a solid 45cm specimen. The local Pelicans were also disappointed to see it get away :)
by MatteeG
Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grumpy old man post

Been watching u14 cricket all summer and have not seen one reverse sweep, that includes a T20 comp.

However have seen plenty of shouldering arms, Steve Smith style with a loud "no run", I found it more unusual as u14's never used to leave any delivery :lol:

LOL absolutely. Even the off pitch no balls get chased 5 feet across to get a swing at it.
by MatteeG
Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Smashed a couple of the Deeds Brewing Day Dreaming in Summer on Sunday watching the footy. I would go so far to say Deeds brewing make some of the best beers on the market.

Their mid winter vanilla Porter is something else, the Fiery gates of Helles Lager is a summer smash hit, the Dad Jeans California IPA is worthy of bathing in like Cleopatra in milk. If you love your beers and haven't tried some of the Deeds range you best get some and pour it into your face.

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/5b24e0b796d4559907a603b0/1605765941066-XQ6K9U4MSX8OOGGWJZRD/ke17ZwdGBToddI8pDm48kMoUKftmvPlRJ-fy7jVR4TN7gQa3H78H3Y0txjaiv_0fDoOvxcdMmMKkDsyUqMSsMWxHk725yiiHCCLfrh8O1z5QPOohDIaIeljMHgDF5CVlOqpeNLcJ80NK65_fV7S1UfMNFWB3cl5_QYzRzCSW5UiVTbb9V2COOCFm5E5C7kp2ZDqXZYzu2fuaodM4POSZ4w/DAYDREAMING-IN-SUMMER---RENDER.png?format=1500w

So your new login will be Mr Deeds?
by MatteeG
Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

Losing an old high school mate to suicide.

We hadn't caught up much in the last ten years but it still is a shock once they are gone.

This is happening far to much...…

Sorry to hear whufc, I lost one of my best mates' brother to the same thing last year. Happening way too much.
Such an empty feeling, always makes you question what you could have done differently
by MatteeG
Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

(Co) Coaching my first Under 12's game after being on holiday since season start. Great fun.

Particularly when being held to 1 goal for 3 quarters, and then watching them come barnstorming home to jag a win with a minute or so to go (although of course 'we don't score'). Still lots to work on but it really gave the kids a boost after being (in their words) 'flogged' the past 3 weeks.
by MatteeG
Mon May 24, 2021 11:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Victor harbor
Lovely, fresh 2.5° start.......
Conditions were ideal. Little to no breeze to worry about. The only concerns were avoiding Skippy!
The golf was somewhat quite handy, which is pleasing.
The course itself is in good condition for the most part.
The wheels fell off a bit in the last few holes but managed to get 37pts on the board.
Loved the fact that on a par 4 my approach leaked right and ended behind a tree pin high... ffs

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Ha ha - I lost a club championship on the 18th at Victor a long time ago, all square going up the last, I hit a drive just left of the fairway and it wedged in one of those 'Black Boy' plants. unfknblvbl.
by MatteeG
Mon May 31, 2021 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Yankalilla bakery

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Agree- love dropping in after a round at Lady Bay (or Wirrina in the olden days)
by MatteeG
Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

UpThere wrote:
Whats going on here :shock:

Who nose...
by MatteeG
Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |