Search found 6 matches

Return

Re: HFL Central Division

No need to Chopper - they play for the love of the club, it's environment and facilities.

Lets all hope the Central clubs get to enjoy our facilities for years to come!
by Legs Man
Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey Chop - I haven't said how good we are too much - just how good it is for other sides getting to play at Echunga.

Surely you agree it would be a travesty if we are forced to go down and are juniors are destroyed after 1 year without ample planning for all grades?

The HFL hasn't done us any favours and seem unlikely to in the future.

I have everything crossed that we can beat TV but it shouldn't come down to this when we are firmly entrenched in the finals race.

We appreciate your support and the support of the other fair minded clubs and supporters.

Yes LM, I do think it wouldn't be correct if Echunga went down seeing as their As will play finals, but we all knew the rules coming into the start of the season. Will be a very tough game in the mud pit. Long way back to Echunga for showers.
by chopper7
Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thank you LGIL - history repeating people?
by Armytank
Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Divisionant a

90% of u absolute morons on this forum think u have any sort of Influence on the league when in reality most of you are probably the people at your club no body wants to talk to. Enjoy spreading your false rumours and bullshit claims to make yourself
Feel better u sad acts
by bookie
Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well should be a cracking week to open up the season this saturday, here are my tips:
Echunga V lobethal- Match of the round will be a great battle between two quick and skillful sides. Im going to go with lobethal just but it wouldnt suprise me if echunga get up and a lot may depend on if carey is down at the crows or not. The jenkin brothers, nitchske, baust and wills versus lindsay, edwards, jennings and guy is the key battle as whoever dominates the midfield battle will win and cranna against luccon in the ruck should be a cracking battle. Should be a high scoring affair as both teams play attacking footy and have a ton of talent up forward but lobethal always start of the year superbly and i reckon will continue that in a game that will sum up how good country footy is. Lobethal by 5 points.
Onka Valley V Ironbank- Big game as both need to start well after disappointing last year. Onkas will be a lot better this year assuming they dont have the injuries they did to start last year and Ironbank have added some class players to their list. Added to that is Mcgahey against his old club which will add to the banter but i think the addition of hitchcock and devisser will be decisive in Ironbank picking up the win. Onka's have only added Grocke that i am aware of and he wont be their till later in the year so they are going to rely heavily leonard to kick some goals. The game they played in round 17 last year was a ripper and hopefully we get a similar game to that, Motlop will also be a key shut him down and onkas are a big chance. Ironbank by 2 goals.
Hahndorf V Torrens Valley- If torrens want to be a good side these are the games they must win, they have lost a few but picked up some handy players to make up for that, whilst hahndorf have picked up some guns but lost Daniel roberts whilst handby wont be playing most weeks due to coaching commitments. O'sullivan will dominate this game and lead torrens to a victory but i am interested to see how Boras and the ellis Brothers work together up forward as they all want the footy but if that comes of there going to be hard to stop as there is some serious talent there and the hahndorf defence will have it's work cut out for them. Torrens by 6 goals.
Lofty V Blackwood- I think lofty will give blackwood a big push but in the end the class of the woodies will be telling. Hopefully miles has recovered from his ankle injury as if they lose him there buggered but assuming hes playing they need him, nielsen, burch and new recruit childs to dominate for them to be a chance plus the young guns in clements, van paridon, etc to step up. However, Blackwood with Bricknell and thompson will be to hard to stop as lofty dont have a ruckman to go with thompson who will have a field day hitting it to bricknell and edwards which is the reason why blackwood will win but lofty will make it hard as they always do. Blackwood by 3 goals.
Barker V Uraidla- Never rule out uraidla but I've got a feeling about Mt barker this year, they were buggered by injury last year but i think we all forget how good they were the previous 3 years where they were the best team by miles just not on grand final day twice. They have added hill, wakefield and obushak returns after a Knee reco plus block and hughes are fit, whilst Uri's have lost dan ebert, vidic, Kluvanek to sturt and maybe one or two more retired. Uri never peak early whilst mt barker will be fit and raring to go for round 1 after a bad year last year and I can see them winning this quite easily as I just think there to quick and fit for Uri's earlier in the year. Mt Barker by 5 goals.
by batmanbegins
Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Well round 2 should be bring another exciting round as the comp is so even this year with anyone having the ability to beat anyone on a given day, tips for this week;
Blackwood V Uri- Dundovic and Bricknell are two big ins for the woodies and were the difference on the weekend against the devs but they are going to have to step up another gear if they want to beat uraidla. Uri's will have a couple return this week but appear to be a younger side this year which is what they needed as they got found out for pace in the GF last year. Ivens and delvins are all class plus the youngsters stepped up on the weekend and cant see them losing this weekend. Uraidla by 6 goals.
Torrens Valley V Onkas- Having seen Onkas there a good young side but im not sure they will have the class or the key defenders to match up with TV. Hopefully a few key players return for them this week as they will need them against O'sullivan, Montgomery and co. How you stop the 3 key forwards is going to be hard, really you just have to control their midfield but thats easier said than done. TV will be a bit to good in this game. Tv by 5 goals.
Barker V Echunga- Remind me not to tip against echunga or uraidla again, echunga are all class and great to watch. Strangely barker only kicked 4 goals on the weekend and maybe they have changed their game plan a bit but maybe they just had a bad day. Should be another cracking game though, I expect barker to lift after last week with the quality they have but echunga with lindsay, aish and carey leading the way are very hard to beat. If the edmonds brothers are out will be a loss but Henke should come in to compensate. Echunga by 2 goals.
Lobethal V Hahndorf- Lobethal will be hungry to make up for last week and I feel hahndorf may be in trouble as I just think the class of lobe will be to much for the dorf. Hourigan looks a quality recruit but they are a young side that leave to much too to few at the moment and purling, roberts boys and hourigan cant carry them all the time. Maybe if Wittwer is back from the crows and handby they will be trouble the tiges but FIsher will kick a bag with Baust and co dominating the middle. Lobethal by 8 goals.
Ironbank V Lofty- Night game at the postage stamp of ironbank which renews an old rivalry between the devs and the thunderers. Lofty were very competitive as always against the woodies and were up most the game with miles dominating but just lacked that killer instinct. Lofty will always tackle and make you work very hard but they lack the polish and key position players of other sides. Bankers had a good solid start to the year and will want to make it two from two, De Visser and motlop will be hard to stop but the likes of muirden, walter and beard also were very good on the weekend. Ironbank to kick away in the last and win by 3 goals.
by batmanbegins
Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |