Return

Re: EPL Season 2015/2016

It'd be very generous of the Malaysian government though! :lol:
by Wedgie
Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood FC statement

The topic of runners spending too much time on field or 'coaching' on field is a farce! How are they interrupting play at all? It doesn't affect anyone if the runner is out there delivering messages.. Remember who the runner is delivering messages from, the COACH.. So how can anyone say that runners 'coaching' is against any law or spirit of the game, he is only delivering what the coach tells him, which is often coaching instruction.. It really shouldn't be an issue since BOTH sides have runners, so its not disadvantaging anyone..
It's not a farce mate as some stay out on the ground and coach as the game goes on, not delivering messages from the coach and it is happening with some more than others. Some runners and trainers have even been used to "fill space" on grounds too. The SANFL had to even bring in a rule that all trainers weren't allowed inside the 50 metre arc when the ball is kicked out after a point.
by Wedgie
Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R14: North v Adelaide - Saturday 18 July @ Prospect

Nice write up about North by Warren Partland today, pity he can't get the facts straight.
North were not in strong consideration to merger with Sturt in 2003 when we were broke, it was never considered or talked about!
The merger consideration was in the late 90s, a completely different time of the clubs history with different board and different CEO!
Is it that hard for these journos to do some investigation or ask someone who knows what they're talking about before they publish something?
Having been a part of the Roosters Against Merger group in the 90s and helping organise our 3,000 strong rally in 2003 to help the club I have a pretty good knowledge of both times.
Back to Netball please Partland.
by Wedgie
Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 Live scores/chat

Thank you Westies, great results for the Panthers! :)
by Wedgie
Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 15 Scores and chat

Don't panic Dogs fans, even though its only 9 points North had a five goal breeze, 10 goal second qtr coming up.
by Wedgie
Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R15: South v Norwood- Sunday @ Noarlunga

Great win panthers, only one side has loss less game this year do doing well!
I knew I named this site SouthAdelaideFooty for a reason, go 'thers! :)
by Wedgie
Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Ban all marriage. Problem solved.
You're welcome world.
by Wedgie
Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Any one else having issues logging onto SANFL web site?

Probably malfunctioned as it couldn't compute North being within 10 goals of anyone.
by Wedgie
Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Titus O'Reily - AFL topics

"I'm not saying you boo Adam Goodes for racist reasons but when a bunch of racists are doing it too maybe stop"
by Wedgie
Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R15: South v Norwood- Sunday @ Noarlunga

Highlights of the last quarter from the goal of the year till the final siren, awesome stuff!!

https://youtu.be/UH2u81ucPhY
by Wedgie
Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2015

Hopefully the decent people in the crowd put the feral rednecks in their place. Reminds me of a couple of weeks ago when a dickhead North supporter decided to get out of his car and hurl abuse at Irra from South for no reason, luckily the peanut sulked back to his car when I told him to shut up also asking if he'd like to have a go at me instead.
Nothing like the unfair abuse Irra copped at Norwood a few weeks earlier but I'd like to think I helped out in my own little way letting wankers like that know where they belong in society, ie below the lowest rung.
I hope more others do the same.
Good to see Geelong being proactive. Hopefully it works.
by Wedgie
Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Did/does Stuart Broad, Wayne Carey, Hayden Ballentine & anyone else who is booed think it's because of their race though.

It would be interesting to see a poll on whether thought the booing was motivated by

-racism
-off field personality
-on field personality
-both
-other
It'd be pointless as most of the racism is either denied or sub conscious.
They'd just use the other answers as a cop out.
by Wedgie
Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Saw this quote in the context of the current discussion and couldn't agree more:
"The problem with racists is they genuinely believe they aren't racist"
by Wedgie
Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If I was on the side of the booers, I'd think to myself "hmmm, I'm on the same side of this argument as Jason Akermanis, Alan Jones, Andrew Bolt, Shane Warne, Dermott Brereton and basically every uneducated redneck racist in Australia, perhaps I should reconsider?"
by Wedgie
Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Poor article IMHO, someone telling Adam how he should act and feel. No one has that right.
The way hes been treated and the things he's been called wouldn't upset me either, but it doesn't give me the right to tell him how to feel and act.
by Wedgie
Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 16 Scores and chat

Close games so far.
by Wedgie
Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Its amazing with the amount of information, explanation and education there's been recently people continue to still make ridiculously ignorant comments on the issue. Its embarrassing.
by Wedgie
Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North's players from Spell_check's list

Ian wrote:I've been slack with this during 2015, I'll wait until the annual report comes out and add all the debutants in one go

You'll get RSI!
by Wedgie
Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R17: South v Adelaide Saturday 8 August @ Hickinbotham

Well done to the two Crows supporters at the game abusing 2 18 yo South volunteer female trainers inappropriately. I expect Tex to be on the radio or in the paper this week whinging about them unless he's a complete ******* dickhead hypocrite.
The sooner we get this scum out of our comp the better.

Rapists and murderers are scum. Football clubs are not. Just because you don't like it or agree with it does not make them scum.
Bullshit, grown men that make inappropriate and rude remarks from the sanctity of the outer where noone else is to abuse young ladies just running water with no banter involved are scum, you and I must have different standards, bet the pricks wouldn't have the balls to do it near me and if they did I'd knock their blocks off.
The SANFL needs volunteers, this scum are doing more to kill our comp than enhance it.
by Wedgie
Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done to the two Crows supporters at the game abusing 2 18 yo South volunteer female trainers inappropriately. I expect Tex to be on the radio or in the paper this week whinging about them unless he's a complete ******* dickhead hypocrite.
The sooner we get this scum out of our comp the better.
by Wedgie
Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don't blame South, they're one of only two teams we can't blame for the decline of the SANFL.

I know and although its the wrong topic to wine about the 2 AFL clubs, we as a total football community need to get on with the game. I love the SANFL and agree its status has declined. When the questionnaire came out from the Eagle on the inclusion of the 2 teams I voted no like many but the club did not take notice. Its happened. Move on. We need to be careful what we wish for.
As a football community we need to ensure they're kicked out of the comp before it dies.
Moving on is not an option if we love the SANFL.
by Wedgie
Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

I'm amazed that after 5 generations of in breeding he can even put a sentence together.
by Wedgie
Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brad Gotch

Brodlach wrote:Mark Mickan also resigned for two years

Who's replacing him?
Sad news for West.
Will he be back in 2018?
by Wedgie
Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South vs West Noarlunga Saturday 15.8.15

Hyphens are our friends.
by Wedgie
Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nick Murphy sacked

Brodlach wrote:Was still co captain when the alleged incident happened

Irrelevent.
by Wedgie
Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

He's trying (very poorly) to justify his job.
by Wedgie
Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Internet Injury site updates

VALE PARK wrote:It would appear they have gone to sleep.
IMHO no updates for about 3 weeks!

North's injuries broke it.
by Wedgie
Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Surely the AFL can now afford a Reserves Comp

Hooray, another thread!
by Wedgie
Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 Live scores and chat

Wish the port v south game was on tv
by Wedgie
Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2015

I've got 119 on the back of mine.
by Wedgie
Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Daniel Menzel named for his first game in 1449 days, good luck to him.
by Wedgie
Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Club Membership

What a lot of horse shit. Be like saying your wife was a brand new person if she changed her name when she married you and none of her previous years counted towards her history, or she only counted when she started getting fatter.
The previous VFL is the same competition as the AFL, records from 1930 are no less relevent to records from 2015.
by Wedgie
Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Penultimate Round - Round 22

They have a round dedicated to stationery now?
The AFL are going a bit overboard.
by Wedgie
Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My daughters been a trainer down at South this year and despite me hardly talking to her about the issue she's more ropable than me about the AFL sides inclusion, she sees these poor plumbers, office workers, brickies, bar staff, salesmen, etc who have to get up at 6am every day to work and then train and play and try to compete with these professionals who her to spend every day training, recovering, lifting weights and resting for games and getting paid more money than the hard workers, she's disgusted being so close to the scene. She can't believe a team who potentially are paid millions against clubs with salary caps of a couple of hundred thousand including a reserves team are allowed to compete.
Our previously fair and awesome comp is a complete unfair rabble and its breaking so many loyal peoples hearts.
by Wedgie
Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 19- South v Centrals @ Noarlunga on Saturday

Well done to centrals on winning 5th spot but you only got their because a club who should have been sitting in 3rd spot had its season Ruined by
injury and still won more games than it lost. Than you add the fact our 2nd game against Adelaide got Postponed which meant we faced a much stronger Adelaide outfit than we would have originally face .Centrals than got to face Adelaide in their 1st game back after Phil Walsh death in which players affected by his death would have been playing.

Injuries
best 21 players unavailable
Nick Liddle
Jake Veide
Tarak Redigolo
Fraser Dale
Peter Rolfe
Lachaln Boyd
Nick Murphy- (Sacked Mid Year)

Off season Recruits who did not player a league game
Mitch Framer
Scott Dixon
Ben Darrou

Depth players unavailable
Josh Giddings
Roland Achee
Alex Cailotto
Joe Haines

than you add the loss of Caleb Daniel, Keegan Brooksby, Tom Fields to AFL and the Retirement of Josh Thewils from last season
Plus we lost a game to West by 1 point with a goal over the back in last 20 seconds after leading by 4 goals at 3Q time and The Draw earlier in season between South and centrals happened because of the exact same scenario. [emoji22][emoji22][emoji22][emoji22][emoji22][emoji22][emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do retards with Iphones realise that [emoji22][emoji22][emoji22][emoji22][emoji22][emoji22][emoji22] just comes across as gibberish for normal intelligent people that don't use Icrap?
Might as well as just type "I'm a mindless moron who really shouldn't be on the internet as I have no idea with technology".
by Wedgie
Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 19- South v Centrals @ Noarlunga on Saturday

An intelligent Ireply. Good luck to your A grade in the finals mate, oh hang on..................
[emoji119]
[emoji119]
[emoji119]
[emoji119]
by Wedgie
Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ROUND 19 SCORES AND CHAT

What a disappointing finals it looks to be, bad luck South and South fans, probably the most boring 5 sides in the comp, other sports for me till next year.
by Wedgie
Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Who the hell listens to 5AA, are you people 90 years old and brain dead?
by Wedgie
Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Balaklava Cup Day

Weather for.mid north district is perfect with northerly winds blowing skirts up then rain and storms coming after the races.
Even if it came early the members will be dry, well maybe not between 11.30 and 12.30 when its free piss :D
by Wedgie
Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Browny25 wrote:I like #2 Pierremont in the next at Balak

I've backed out too so you're no chance. Also gone the tri 1,2 &6
by Wedgie
Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My step dads stoked, just ran into Fred Bills the Torrens champion!
by Wedgie
Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Still at the pub after the trip home, works going to be fun tomorrow.
by Wedgie
Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Less than 3 hours till happy hour at the Reepham! :)
by Wedgie
Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ill take kind of ;)
by Wedgie
Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Motlops signed an extension :)
by Wedgie
Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Qualif. Final - Port v West @ Adelaide Oval (Sun 6/9)

Magellan wrote:Anyone know when the last Port-West finals was? Anything since the 1991 elimination final?

The Powers reserves have never played West in a final mate.
by Wedgie
Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Qualif. Final - Port v West @ Adelaide Oval (Sun 6/9)

Big Phil wrote:Crowd for both games - 8,031

Geezus, North and Norwood can draw 10k plus there on Anzac Day!
Sad times for the SANFL despite 30,000 plus free tix and kids getting in free.
Only one reason for it.
No AFL in the SANFL, the fans have quite comfortably voted with their feet.
by Wedgie
Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

saintal wrote:West Perth 82 up on Peel half way through the final term in the WAFL finals. 16 goals to 1 since quarter time.

Ridiculous
by Wedgie
Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Elim. Final - Norwood v Central @ Adelaide Oval (Sun 6/9

If Norwood had Allan they would have won ;)
by Wedgie
Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |