Search found more than 2508 matches

Return

Re: Things that you rate!

The History Bar at the Thebby Theatre, great how they have every artist that ever played here written on the ceiling with the year they performed. I could spend a lot of time here.
by Wedgie
Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 6

Where's the review?
by Wedgie
Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R3 Centrals v Adelaide Saturday 1.10

Awesome win Doggies! Loved watching the last 10 mins of that game.
by Wedgie
Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gutsy win, well done Dogs!
by Wedgie
Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Predictions

Spargo wrote:Took Adelaide in the SEN knockout - never, ever again.

Never in doubt! :lol:
by Wedgie
Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm all good thank you, just got home from Bali this morning,
was exciting walking around from one wifi hotspot to another, so as to keep updating the score!
I actually told my other half to keep shopping whilst I sat in a little bar on Garlic Lane, constantly updating the scores.
A great effort to beat a very strong Crows side!
2 and 1 after round 3 is a good start,
looking at the upcoming matches, there's no reason for us to not be at least 3 and 3 at the end of round 6,
I'd be happy with that.
Great to hear from ya Gazz, glad you are doing well mate!
by Wedgie
Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R3 Norwood v North Tuesday 2.10

Geezus, I had money on North 30-50. You're shit Norwood. :evil:
by Wedgie
Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2023 season

What a courageous thing to do by Matthew Nunn, I wish him all the best.

Jacob Kennerley has been elevated to the position of co-captain within the Norwood Football Club, and will lead the SANFL team alongside 2022 Premiership captain Matthew Nunn.

Nunn and Kennerley will lead the side as co-captains for the remainder of the 2023 season, a move that has been endorsed by Nunn, the leadership group, coaching group and senior management.

Nunn has captained the side since the start of the 2020 season, but expressed his interest in sharing the leadership role with Kennerley due to personal reasons external to the football club.

Nunn said his ongoing battles with his mental wellbeing had elevated in recent months, and believed that it was important to reach out to the coaching and leadership group to gain further assistance in the captaincy role.

“I have been battling some ongoing mental wellness for the past 6-12 months which has started to impact on my captaincy,” he said.

“It is important for people to know what’s happening with this decision. I want people to feel like they can speak up when they are having their own struggles with mental health.

“I am very keen to be able to lean on Jacob, share some of the load and decisions with him, it will be incredibly beneficial for me, the playing group and the club.

“It’s a tough decision – I am into my third year as captain and I know what it takes to be a good captain, and when it’s time to put your hand up for help.”

Kennerley was integral to Norwood’s leadership during the 2022 Premiership season, stepping up into the captain role for an extended period when Nunn was sidelined through injury.

“Jacob is a great young leader – he does the right things and leads from example, we get along so well,” Nunn said.

“He stepped up last year when we really needed him, he has such a level head and I am really proud of how he goes about it.

“This is a really positive move for the club.”

22-year-old Kennerley said he was excited to step into the role.

“It’s an honour to take on this role,” he said.

“Ever since coming back to the club in 2021 this is something that I have aspired to do and I am more than up for it.

“I am very appreciative of the Board, CEO James Fantasia, Twig (coach Jade Rawlings), and Nunny for backing me in to take up the role.

“I got the chance to captain the side last year for several rounds while Nunny was injured and I loved it, I feel like I led strongly and I played better footy in the role – I have confidence coming into the role now.”

Norwood’s 2023 leadership group includes Nunn and Kennerley as co-captains, Matthew Panos, Harry Boyd, Declan Hamilton, Matthew Rokahr and Jack Heard.

Norwood coach Jade Rawlings was proud of Nunn for coming forward to express his desire for further assistance in captaincy.

“We utilised the time between Rounds 2 and 3 to assess everything within our football program, this included leadership,” Rawlings said.

“After ongoing discussions between Nunny and myself we looked at the opportunity to adjust the leadership model to help support Matt.

“Co-captaincy was something that we discussed and believed would be a really positive move for the playing group.

“Jacob is a worthy co-captain of the Norwood Football Club – he has shown enormous growth in leadership across his three seasons since returning to Norwood from Geelong.”
by Wedgie
Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 4 North Adelaide v Eagles

What a legend Jade Sheedy is. I take an ex Woodville legend to the President's Lunch and we all get smashed.
I fall arse over tit 7 hours into free drink time and Jade Sheedy helps me up when I'm like a turtle and is genuinely concerned with my welfare.
Absolute legend.
by Wedgie
Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maybe we were lucky with the umpires we've had but in the first 4 games I've seen this year's the umpiring is the best it's ever been.
Not hard with previous standards though.
by Wedgie
Tue May 02, 2023 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

Tried this one Dutchy?

Screenshot_20230506_102901_Facebook.jpg
by Wedgie
Sat May 06, 2023 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eagles v Sturt Maughan Thiem Kia Oval 4:40pm

Let's be fair, his body is shot, he's more than done his time with the injuries he's had.
The guy could have been anything on million dollar contracts if not for his knees.
If he can get a couple of bucks out of the game then we'll deserved I say.
Such a good bloke too.
by Wedgie
Sun May 07, 2023 7:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 8

Armchair expert wrote:JHF looked a bit sore today might rest him next week :lol:

Nothing a good ice bath wouldn't fix.
by Wedgie
Sun May 07, 2023 8:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Next week up in the Flinders, fully paid for camp with cultural tours of Wilpena Pound, Arkaroola Rock, Wadinga, Jarvis Hill, etc. (Travel, Food, tours and accom included and my work is paying me cultural leave for the week).
Haven't been up there since I was a kid and looking forward to meeting new people and having a few yarns around the camp fire.
Just hope the cabins we're staying in are near the Hawker pub. ;)
by Wedgie
Tue May 16, 2023 8:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 10

woodublieve12 wrote: Umpires didn't cost you the game.

woodublieve12 wrote:Can't comment on the umpiring as I didn't see the game.

:lol:
by Wedgie
Sun May 21, 2023 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Vamos wrote:Don't remember the Health Hustle but remember Bend & Stretch from Romper Room

Thanks, now I have that stuck in my head!
Bend and stretch, reach for the sky, stand on tippy toes oh so high!
Bend and stretch, reach for the stars, there goes Jupiter here comes Mars!
](*,)
by Wedgie
Fri May 26, 2023 10:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The news about Kellie Finlayson!
Hopefully it keeps getting better too, what a beautiful family.
by Wedgie
Tue May 30, 2023 8:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

So there have been nobody complain since October last year. Has everyone given up.
Not me. Not going to Glenelg tomorrow.
Similarly I went to the first 4 rounds but have missed the last 3 (2 AFL clubs and Glenelg Oval) continuing my usual trend.
Flying back from Sydney early on this coming Sunday so I can resume the season at Prospect against South. It's been a 4 week bye for me!
by Wedgie
Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

But they lost the last game of the Premier League to AFC Richmond after being 2 nil up at half time, that's the only West Ham game people will remember this year. :lol:
by Wedgie
Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawthorn

I'm stuck on the comment " telling us an unborn baby will ruin our lives".
I wonder how many non indigenous young players were told the exact same thing?

I'm sure plenty of parents have said the same thing to their youngsters.
And, don't hang around those kids because you'll end up in trouble.

Im sure there's more to the story, but this just smacks of a witch hunt.
It's different mate, because Aboriginal people were removed from families purely because of a plan to breed the black (culture) out of them by the Government.
It hits pretty close to home for me as I was one of those people the government almost successfully bred the black out of with both my father and grand mother being a part of the stolen generation.
Being taken away from your family is one thing but being taken away from your culture is another.
I'm still yet to connect back to my people and land but am in the process of doing it.
Because of this no white person in authority can even insinuate an Aboriginal would be better off without a family member or child.
It's an extremely upsetting thing.
I hope that gives you a little bit of insight as I find the subject quite disturbing and won't comment anymore.
by Wedgie
Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RD9 POWER VS CENTRALS ALBERTON OVAL SAT 10/6 1:10PM

That's the problem.
North played them a few weeks and got a W.
If we played them this weekend we'd get flogged.
AFL reserves lotto, gotta love it.
How this comp can have any integrity with the current set up is beyond me.
by Wedgie
Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RD9 WEST VS NORTH HISENSE STADIUM SAT 10/6 1:10PM

Glad I gave the wife choice of entertainment today since I spent last weekend in Sydney by myself partying.
Richmond Oval babe? Nup.
Pub? Yep.

Owe her a beer. :lol:
by Wedgie
Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 13

locky801 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Well done Tex!

I told the missus to get onboard for the first goal scorer too, I might get lucky tonight! :lol:

thought that was everynight ;)

Correct, every night I "might" get lucky. Never do though. :lol:
by Wedgie
Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 13

This is beautiful to watch, go Bombers!
by Wedgie
Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFLW Season 2023

Just saw the last goal on FB. Looked like a pretty good crowd there!
by Wedgie
Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFLW Season 2023

Congratulations to the female dogs from Elizabeth.
by Wedgie
Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RD 9 BAYS VS STURT STRATARAMA STADIUM MON 12/6 2:10PM

Crikey, if you give back our reserves coach we will let you have Surjan and Tredrea. :)
by Wedgie
Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For sale on Facebook if anyone wants one. :lol:

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/352348984_2003085846692822_8082180097831471805_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg_s600x600&_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_eui2=AeEJqo5CTHTqGvAfFnYXdyP59O27j-itkV307buP6K2RXUBLmEpJu51HSIMdnCZdxDk&_nc_ohc=BpaWDuDO2PEAX97lFLv&_nc_oc=AQnTvqMTa-6y7uFl42ir0Of4Ae2AIxBACryXoDfX5rEXw75TYDblPqXUoAxevUExwc4&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=00_AfAWoTk8HDVTSCgrmskIpHB8mFMG003Sf1kTANrPuHOekw&oe=6486FCF4
Never been to a women's game, as much as it's good to celebrate their flag last year its not for me. My good friend got the Premiership Tshirt too, he goes to most matches.
No hats or Tshirts for North's girls this year, that honor goes to Centrals or South playing at Prospect Oval this Sunday.
by Wedgie
Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RD9 POWER VS CENTRALS ALBERTON OVAL SAT 10/6 1:10PM

Dogs having a crack but Port’s AFL experienced players more damaging in possession. Narkle proving to be very handy at this level (and VAMOS I don’t think that’s drawing too long a bow?)
Impressed with Luca’s game, with just 25 games under his belt he has massive upside.
Hopefully we hang in there and keep it respectable but fear a last quarter blow out

Clearly I was wrong, the SANFL now the 3rd best comp in the land if Narkle is racking up those numbers. :)
It has been for years
by Wedgie
Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 14

Rioli a late out, Narkle in for his Port debut.
Good luck to Sparkles, lovely kid.
by Wedgie
Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Was about to book a week at the Wilkadene cottage (next to the brewery up in the Riverland) for us and a couple of friends when I got an email saying I'd won a River Revival voucher for $200 and it includes the Wilkadene Cottage!
Bonus!
Trip booked!
by Wedgie
Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 15

Lightning McQueen wrote:I think Sydney have got this

Big call mate, still plenty of time.....
by Wedgie
Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 15

Absolutely the Crows were robbed.
Right in front of me.
Right in front of me!
by Wedgie
Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Naidoc week!
Happy Naidoc week everyone, probably my most enjoyable week of the year.
Celebrate our culture, our people, our country.
:D
by Wedgie
Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Free lift to the pub by LM today!
Thanks mate!
Legend. 8)
by Wedgie
Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

amber_fluid wrote:
Vamos wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:Of all the flavours to chose from why did I buy Thins Chicken flavour?

Only behind Thins Sour Cream & Chives as the worst chips. Putrid.

‘Thins’ Chips are for females!

Agreed, my wife loves them but give me thick crinkle cut any day.
by Wedgie
Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13 Port v North

A huge congratulations to Mitch Harvey who will break the club record for most consecutive league games at the North Adelaide Football Club, tomorrow at Alberton Oval.
Mitch will play his 112th consecutive game tomorrow, breaking Paul Kennett's record of 111 set in 1953.
by Wedgie
Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

Everyone's been complaining about how cold it has been but this morning was the first time this year I had to scrape ice off my car.
by Wedgie
Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 18

Took me about 20 views to even work out where the report was.
AFL would want to have much better vision than shown on their website if they want any games for him.
My eyes must be going with old age as I can't even see 100% evidence of who ran into who! Maybe the Sydney player just braced himself for contact as he saw the other bloke coming?
For the first time in my life I'm agreeing with Wubsy.

But, I couldn't see the Bulldogs player on the injury list but if he did get concussion then yeah it's 2 games probably, be interesting to hear evidence first though.
by Wedgie
Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Took me about 20 views to even work out where the report was.
AFL would want to have much better vision than shown on their website if they want any games for him.
My eyes must be going with old age as I can't even see 100% evidence of who ran into who! Maybe the Sydney player just braced himself for contact as he saw the other bloke coming?
For the first time in my life I'm agreeing with Wubsy.

But, I couldn't see the Bulldogs player on the injury list but if he did get concussion then yeah it's 2 games probably, be interesting to hear evidence first though.

yeah i'd be off to OPSM if I were you...
Just read that Rampe was holding his chin after the collision, weird way to hit a bloke.
But yeah I'm one of the few people at my age without glasses, maybe I should make a trip. ;)

At least we can all agree if he was a Geelong player he'd get 3 weeks and have no chance of getting off. :D

:lol: you know when I wrote it I thought you might say something like that :lol:
I'm turning into Psyber :lol:
by Wedgie
Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah OK, just watched it on the 27 inch monitor at home and he definitely speeds up but is it to take out the dogs player or an aborted lead?
Still not sure.
Benefit of doubt IMHO.
by Wedgie
Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

RB wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Victoria dumping the Commonwealth Games because of financial constraints. :shock:
Excellent. Hopefully they scrap the event full stop.

It is a bit outdated isn't it?
Used to love it in the 80s but seems irrelevant these days.
by Wedgie
Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The tribunal get it right and Rampe gets off. Good to see some common sense applied.
Looks like a few people will be lining up at Specsavers tomorrow and it's not me or Wubbsy. ;)
by Wedgie
Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

My daughter having to have her 1st horse put down because of an aggressive cancer. She's had the pony since they were both 6 & had 11 years together at pony clubs before retiring her to a spoilt pony paddock life. Had lots of offers from people to buy the pony but my daughter couldn't stand the thought of anyone else owning her.
This only 6 months after the wife had her dog euthanised.
That's awful mate, thoughts with you. It hurts so much when we lose beloved animals, they're better than most people.
I swore I'd never get another dog when my girl passed away at 6 about 12 years ago and then I married a woman who's Jack Russell has adopted me as his primary care giver. It hurts so much when we lose them. :(
by Wedgie
Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13 Eagles v Norwood

Speaking of Menzel's
Gary "Alby" Menzel played 100 + games and a life member for the Norwood Football Club
One of nicest and popular footballers the club has produced

I wonder if he's related to Troy & Dan?
Don't think so, Alby came from Victoria and Dan and Troy's Grandpa on his Dad's side (my Uncle) was always a Northern suburbs boy when I was born and I'd imagine the Adelaide Hills before that.
I'm sure my Mum would have told me if there was a connection as she was a big Norwood/Alby Menzel fan and she was always very close to Dan and Troy's grandparents.

From "Alby"'s profile from the Norwood Museum player profiles

Born in Pinaroo, Gary "Alby" Menzel was recruited by Norwood from the Ngallo Football Club (Victoria), in the Lameroo and District Football League.
Talked to Alby at lunch today (and got a photo with him and Michael Aish) and my suspicions were correct, absolutely no relation to Troy and Daniel.
What an awesome guy Alby is.
by Wedgie
Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 19

Colllingwood supporters helping out with relations tonight. My god, terrible stuff.
What next, 119 guernseys from Geelong supporters? :shock:

port.jpg
by Wedgie
Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

The Bond brothers threatening legal action against the Crows, Port and Variety Club for use of their image when in 2018 Shane at least seemed quite happy with it.
They'd have to be pretty hard up atm ,surely?
I couldn't imagine doing similar against a kids charity and my old club (not that they'd ever want this C grade hacks image on anything)
by Wedgie
Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 20

Hooray Sydney! Finally got a tip right this weekend!
Bit close though.
by Wedgie
Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The SANFL has not catered to its primary market for years. The fact that there are no games this weekend - in order to stretch the season out, to make it align with another league's requirements - is testament to this.
I'm glad you posted this as I was planning on going to Woodville this Sunday! :lol:
I just assumed the next round would be this weekend. Silly me, I shouldn't assume anything with the SANFL.
by Wedgie
Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Lightning McQueen wrote:Going to be an interesting week, I’ve had former boss get in touch with me to see if I’d consider moving interstate for a major role with a big company.

Obviously I’ve said yes, now to see how this plays out.

Sounds exciting mate, good luck with it all.
by Wedgie
Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |