Search found more than 1112 matches

Return

Re: US

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I do enjoy the Paul Murray editorials.

Me too, I love a good comedy. ;)
by Magellan
Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:
Pseudo wrote:Armageddon is supposed to be ushered in by four horsemen. No reason they can't be jockeys.

Evidently not the four horsemen, but the Four Season Landscaping parking lot :lol:

Make America Rake Again!
by Magellan
Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Jimmy_041 wrote:Stinging response

I know, 'm breaking out in hives. To calm down, I'll spin some wax on the record player - perhaps a Peter Pollen Mary album.
by Magellan
Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey Magellan

YOU ARE FAKE NEWS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibU5KVFCg4Y&feature=emb_title

I reckon there is more chance for a few 'officials' to be paid a heap of coin to make up accusations than the media would make that story up from thin air.

I'm sure by the end of this we will see a few officials were paid off or encouraged to make up stories.

You could easily pay someone to say what you need them too. It's another thing to get them to do it under oath, in a court of law.

Every man has their price! Desperate people do really desperate things .
Like standing in the way of a legitimately elected president despite having no justification.
by Magellan
Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Player movements

southernbulldog wrote:Love it when im right Knoll confirmed in for Norwood

Does he also get a taxpayer funded travel allowance?
by Magellan
Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

gazzamagoo wrote:Apparently Dallas Hill back to Centrals.

Pity Centrals missed out on recruiting Knoll - the combination of a Dallas Hill, Elizabeth's grassy outer, and a Knoll could've been lethal.
by Magellan
Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

I’m still around haha! Just been busy with work etc and haven’t had much free time, plus have had a stressful couple weeks, not feeling myself so not a great interest in posting.

Funnily enough I was looking at going to an all you can eat Korean BBQ in the city last night - but reading the reviews it sounded pretty ordinary. :(

Go to Kublai Khan mate.
I just looked at their menu. Why haven’t I been there yet???
Top BBQ place.
by Magellan
Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

With the proposed marquis player to get announced, Gibbs would be perfect for SA and the SANFL. Club too long without premiership.
Agree, Gibbs would be a great get, South, Glenelg, or otherwise.
He will be playing at The Bay next year.
Good to see some father-son stuff in our comp, keeps the history alive (even if the father-son consideration is or isn't the reason).

A condition of his contract at The Bay (both in capitals, Spargo? I presume it's because the phrase is trademarked) should be that once a game he does a drop-kick out from full-back. ;)
by Magellan
Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

I feel your pain, MatteeG. Losing a pet is not easy.

I've always believed that having a pet as a kind of 'deal' - they promise to give you unconditional love and affection, and in exchange you promise to take care of them, especially when the time comes so that they don't suffer. You've done the right thing by Zoey.
by Magellan
Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Wonder if all staff at Airport dealing with international flights in future will have to undergo regular testing. At the moment they just take temperature.

Im guessing staff at medivac hotels may have only had temperature taken if that...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk I’m still surprised there hasn’t been a major breakout from an airport.
They literally disembark in whatever they are wearing and touch plenty of surfaces along the way. Surely only a matter of time before a cleaner misses a small patch
Thats because is its no where near as contagious as they have you believing.
The biggest scam in the history of the world, well this and rigged elections

https://media.tenor.com/images/09c426c870a1773526d67089c5dc15a5/tenor.gif
What is the brand of bleach he's drinking? It's not White King, is it?
by Magellan
Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dear diary,

Day 1 - Woke up around 8:30, went for a swim, Junior brought the paper home from work so had a coffee, read the paper. Cooked bacon and eggs around 10:30, just had a swim and a zooper dooper , just picked out Moe quaddie, quick surf and race 1 not far away. Going ok so far.
My favourite bit of this post.
by Magellan
Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dear diary,

Day 1 - Woke up around 8:30, went for a swim, Junior brought the paper home from work so had a coffee, read the paper. Cooked bacon and eggs around 10:30, just had a swim and a zooper dooper , just picked out Moe quaddie, quick surf and race 1 not far away. Going ok so far.
My favourite bit of this post.
Been slicing the sides of mouths open for decades.
A precision instrument, the preferred utensil for 9 out of 10 Japanese sushi chefs.
by Magellan
Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Apparently British puppet-based satire how Spitting Image is making a return. And they've got one for ScoMo.

https://www.theage.com.au/culture/tv-and-radio/scott-morrison-turns-to-rubber-as-spitting-image-bounces-back-20201122-p56gqd.html

by Magellan
Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For ages I've wanted to use his name in a rack-and-pinion steering pun, but could never make it fit.
by Magellan
Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

gazzamagoo wrote:
Magellan wrote:For ages I've wanted to use his name in a rack-and-pinion steering pun, but could never make it fit.

well you can now, he's racked off!

I guess he thought it was time for a brake from footy.
by Magellan
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Say what you like but kicked some clutch goals this year. Big motor as well.
Is there a possibility he could've played on as a de-fender, or was he simply exhausted?
not in that position, he looked a bit tyred
Wheely? I'd like to think his car-eer ( ;) ) is just in suspension, he must have something left in the tank.
by Magellan
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EAGLES 2020 PREMIERS

"Class and Humility"
Bit rich coming from the NAFC - been near the Grog Squad recently?
Talk about walking down an intellectual cul-de-sac. The "class and humility" comment was from a Bays supporter, and endorsed by an Eagles fan. The Grog Squad aren't posting on this site en masse, so why that's at all relevant I do not know. Those who do engage in appropriate banter, to echo goddy11's earlier wise words.

There's some desperately retaliatory Eagles 'supporters' on here who seem more obsessed with North Adelaide than their own club. Very, very strange behaviour, but if that's how you all get through the day after having watched the grand final highlights for the 33rd time, then the best of British luck to each of you.
Get stuffed you bitter loser.
Ha, far from it. Read my post below from just after the grand final - you may have missed it in the midst of the post-GF euphoria, which is absolutely understandable given the Eagles' emphatic win.

PS You haven't really done much to disprove my original point, despite your clever turn of phrase and rapier wit. :lol:

Congratulations Eagles. The best side of the 2020 season demonstrated exactly that yesterday afternoon, when it counts the most. An impressive juggernaut that we could not answer once they got into gear in the second quarter, which is where the game was won and lost. They made North look second rate, continually placing us under intense pressure - I reckon we gave away more turnovers than Sarah Lee - and we couldn’t deal with it, often hesitating and making many forced and unforced errors. All 19th player jokes aside, it felt like the Eagles had about 25 players on the field, which is what happens when you’re absolutely dominating a footy match and everything is falling into place. To all associated with footy down at Oval Avenue, take a bow and enjoy the spoils of victory, your spot atop the the brewery chimney has been well earned.

And for that reason, I’m disappointed with the result, but not entirely surprised to be honest. No disgrace in being comfortably beaten by the top side who was the better team on paper and had genuine reasons to make a stand on the biggest stage given previous finals performances (e.g. a fortnight ago, the 2018 prelim, a couple of recent GFs, plus the 2000s vs Centrals). I think its fair to say that Sheedy has gone a long way in removing those monkeys from the club’s back. In the back of my mind I feared that our win in the second semi might somehow backfire, by providing the Eagles with ammunition to prove the footy world wrong (including some Eagles fans on this forum), and I suspect that was at least a contributing factor in yesterday’s result.
by Magellan
Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

British politician Jacob Rees-Mogg and what he's named his children :

Sixtus Dominic Boniface Christopher Rees-Mogg
Thomas Wentworth Somerset Dunstan Rees-Mogg
Anselm Charles Fitzwilliam Rees-Mogg
Peter Theodore Alphege Rees-Mogg
Alfred Wulfric Leyson Pius Rees-Mogg
Mary Anne Charlotte Emma Rees-Mogg

:lol:

From the Very Silly Party?
If he had another child it would've been called Tarquin Fin-tim-lin-bin-whin-bim-lim-bus-stop-F'tang-F'tang-Olé-Biscuitbarrel Rees-Mogg.
by Magellan
Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Spargo wrote:Someone really needs liner up @Magellan and socket to him.
His low brow humour is out of sight.

Iris(k) my health every time I make optical puns. Even Bob catarcted badly to them last time I duct over to Queensland.

A bit of vitreous humor hurt nobody, though.
by Magellan
Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

PatowalongaPirate wrote:Cry me a river.

Torrens?
by Magellan
Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brodlach wrote:
DOC wrote:I believe South are looking at Coleman as the Marquee but think he may be a bit small

Different Strokes for different folks

Wha'choo talkin' 'bout?
by Magellan
Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

am Bays wrote:
Magellan wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:Cry me a river.

Torrens?

Patawalonga?

You'll only get a barrage of criticism.
by Magellan
Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2021 SEASON

Spargo wrote:Honestly, The Advertiser must be running out of shit to print.

I think they've confused 'influential' with 'well-known.'
by Magellan
Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Educating my daughters (8 & 10) musically with You Am I, Gomez, Rat Cat & David Gray whilst the steaks are cooking.
Couple of froths & a gentle breeze.
Thanks for coming.

Good work, but I believe the basics must be taught.

BB King, Muddy Waters, Robert Johnson must be taught in early learning as the basis for what was to follow.

Then Zeppelin, Sabbath, Purple, Priest, Maiden et al can be explained in more detail as they understand the basics taught above.

Once their minds are open The Beatles, Floyd, Rush, The Jam, Jethro Tull, The Who can be sent in, this will allow them to venture sideways at any point moving forward without fear of the unknown.
Hear, hear, that's a pretty good rock primer, and reasonable minds will differ on content. Don't forget Howlin' Wolf, though - a great gravelly voice and authored some great blues tunes.

I'd also add anything by the Rolling Stones from 1969-1972, provides a good bridge from the trad US blues material, as would some well chosen Hendrix tunes.

As for the open minds stuff, get some Frank Zappa into 'em. Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat the yellow snow!
by Magellan
Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jase wrote:Rating highly that we have had an offer on a shack/beach house at Goolwa Beach accepted...

Now just need to get the bank to come to the party and its happy days...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

So Jimmy_041 didn't tell you about the exploding meat?
by Magellan
Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

I always struggle to understand why the middle class votes for a party that blatantly increase their income taxes (while lowering those of the wealthy) and suppress wage growth.

The Morrison government wanted tax cuts for the wealthy, and that is what they have delivered

Out to the end of this decade bracket creep will raise the average tax rate rise for middle-income taxpayers by 6.3 percentage points, but the tax cuts will only reduce that rate by 2.4 percentage points.

As a result, the average tax rate for median-income taxpayers will by 2030-31 have risen 3.9 percentage points compared with what they paid in 2017-18.

Not exactly a case of “will not see bracket creep ... for their entire working lives”.

But the PBO found that the highest 20% of taxpayers are “projected to have a lower average tax rate in 2030-31 compared with 2017-18, while all other quintiles are projected to experience increasing average rates over that time”. Maybe because we hate the Unions ;)

Oh, I always thought it was a mistaken belief that after enriching themselves and their donors, the LNP would share the spoils.
Good ol' trickle-down economics. Naked self-interest dressed up as economic policy.
by Magellan
Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grumpy old man post

Great post.
by Magellan
Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grumpy old man post

Sports evolve, they always have and always will but what will cricket of the future, at all levels, look like?
To make an aligned yet non-cricketing point (or rant), the 'evolution' of sport is a phrase too easily thrown around to justify changes or reasons to resist addressing things that require reform. The word 'evolution' suggest a degree of refinement or improvement, like in Darwin's theory.

The pro-defensive changes in AFL footy (and Aussie rules, in general) that have incrementally occurred through coaching innovations over the last couple of decades is often justified in these terms. However, on no rational basis could you say that a fast, attacking, free-flowing game without an offside rule as it had developed up to the mid-to-late 1990s has gotten any better since. Apparently, full-forwards kicking 50-odd goals in 22 games or half-time scores that resemble a soccer match is evidence of 'evolution'.

I'd say T20 has promoted an approach to cricket where the advantage is weighed so heavily in favour of the batsman (e.g. permitting reverse/switch hitting, which I think is bullshit) that I don't know why you'd ever aspire to be a bowler in that format. Footy, of course, has gone in the opposite direction, favoring defense over attack.
by Magellan
Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

Strongbow sweet, dry, or draught.
E33’s & Sub-zeros
Mississippi Moonshine, Nikov, West End Super.

Home made ouzo with the aniseed extract you could buy from Woolies, friggin lethal.
Nikov vodka and orange in a goon cask, I remember that stuff, bloody horrid.

WE Super (false advertising) - what about its offsider 'Black Crow'? I think it was mid-strength?

Those boozy cake essences, there's good reason they're off the shelves (and glad I got to have a crack before they did ;) ).
by Magellan
Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Spargo wrote:KGB was another that came out in the mid 90’s

Smirnoff spinoff, they got a fair run in the McQueen establishment.

KGB and Smirnoff going to head-to-head, now that's what I call a cold war.
by Magellan
Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Great Dumboff

Apachebulldog wrote:Yep always kicking goals better than being left in the clubrooms with all the sheep. :lol:

Erm, this would also make you a sheep, unless you somehow happened to play (and kick goals) in every Central Districts match you ever attended. Just saying.
by Magellan
Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Two Dogs and XLR8, these flashbacks belong in the 'You know you're nearing 40 in Adelaide, when you remember...' thread!
by Magellan
Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

REALLY!!!!!!!!! :evil: :twisted:

Do we have to do this every time, and it just goes on and on. It's so f cking annoying
If you want to do puns start another thread and leave this for for real responses.
Hey Groucho, I think your comments are way off the Marx. Perhaps you need to get out a bit and calm down. I suggest a Night at the Opera, or a Day at the Races.
by Magellan
Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:Toner now gone as well!

You mean Toner's put ink on paper somewhere else? Wait till we see it in print.
by Magellan
Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

gazzamagoo wrote:Toner was never the same, after he damaged his knee cartridge

Sounds bad. Did he require a knee Ricoh?
by Magellan
Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

gazzamagoo wrote:I saw Toner as he was leaving the club, he just waved and said "I'll be c'yan you later"

He also said "I've played Minolta-mate game for Centrals. If you want the fax please speak to magenta-fter midday."
by Magellan
Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

gazzamagoo wrote:Poor bugger has a cold,
he sneezed out loud in the club,
sounded like
NASHUA!!
I said bless you.

A long hot bath with some Epson salts will do the trick.

His Brother reckons he's interested in pursuing martial arts, apparently wants to take up Fujitsu.
by Magellan
Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

DOC wrote:Jarrod Cotton will be at Port as an ass coach this year.

Cheeky! If he commences on the wrong date he'll be the butt of the club's jokes, and he'll find it hard to co-rectum.
by Magellan
Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Netflix

Has anyone checked out "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" (on Amazon Prime, not Netflix)?

Just started season 3, and it's facking funny, like a mid-late 2000s 'Seinfeld' with four hilarious yet reprehensible characters. Worth a squiz if you're after a holiday laugh or five.
by Magellan
Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday

Yes, have a pint or two of yourself today, AF! Many happy returns.
by Magellan
Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Netflix

If you're thinking of checking out "Death to 2020", my advice is find something else. Seriously unfunny stuff, and very disappointing given the calibre of people who made and starred in it.
by Magellan
Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

DOC wrote:I'm still working on this seasons but I am being held up until I know where the mystery player ends up.

You should've phrased this as a question designed to artificially build some suspense.
by Magellan
Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You'd have to be happy with gaining moor players. Hopefully for team morale he's not a wanchor.
by Magellan
Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

beef wrote:Wrong Boyd? or signed James as well as Harry
https://norwoodfc.com.au/news/harry-boy ... r-norwood/

Either way, the Redlegs should be buoyed with news of a new recruit.
by Magellan
Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Groucho wrote:I hate this topic and this time of year. I thought we'd lost another player, one of my favourites and the best and fairest. AND I get more of these stupid puns. Arrrrrrggggh! :twisted:

F#ck this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some might say its nautical thread.
by Magellan
Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Quality people.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ErE6J7VXYAEVFAf?format=jpg&name=medium

That particular image makes it look like the Capitol - the American people's representative forum for governing - is about to be placed into the hangman's noose. A sadly appropriate metaphor for today's events.
by Magellan
Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So lets assume the right set up 15 peaceful 1 man protests, then had their current rally storming the capital as well.

Would they then be allowed to claim 94% of their protests were peaceful?

Lets be honest, both sides behave like babies at various times.
Both sides take protests too far.
Both sides fail to accept outcomes they didn't want.
Etc.
Protests, whether violent or not, are one thing, but invading established government institutions with the intention of interrupting key national business is a completely different kettle of fish.
by Magellan
Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I wish I could reproduce the image here, but a friend sent me a WhatsApp message earlier today with a photo of a protester in front of the Capitol this morning brandishing a Trump 2020 flag and the flag of Georgia.

Unfortunately for him, the latter was the flag of Georgia the country, not the State of Georgia. :lol:
by Magellan
Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Don't mistake free speech with having the ability to say anything you like without consequence.

That's right - freedom isn't free (it costs a buck-o-five).
by Magellan
Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |