Search found 572 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 3 - 2017

Just to think there was a few on here that said Brighton would find div 3 a bit harder than expected. Even miss the finals! Every man and his dog South of ANZAC Hwy knew they would chew up and spit out the large majority of teams in this div. There are some who underestimate how good top end Southern League teams are because of 3-4 teams who go down by 20-50 goals each week.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 10

When you weigh up the conditions I can't remember the last time I saw such a one sided match at AFL level than last night. Freo were lucky not to be down by 15-16 goal at half time. If Adelaide didn't put the Cue in the rack half way through the third quarter they would have gone down by 150 points plus in the wet! They were disgraceful...
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun May 28, 2017 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 10

I watched the first half at presentations and then went home to watch the 2nd half with a few coldies and a Pizza. I couldn't comprehend what I was seeing from Freo. It's fine if you get smashed but the lack of application from their entire group on the ground was dead set shithouse. How the hell they have beaten anyone this year based on that performance is mind boggling. That was the worst performance I've seen in a very long time when you weigh up the conditions and inacurate Adelaide. I'm trying to think of the last time I saw shit like that served up by an experienced AFL team and I can't think of anything since Sydney and Brisbane of the 90's. If Adelaide had the foot on the throats and kicked straight they could have won by 150-170 points... In the wet!
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun May 28, 2017 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL C GRADE Divisions - 2017

Awesome stuff! Great day at Kenilworth yesterday and the A Grade was a good game with Lockleys holding us off and kicking away a little in the end. With a lot coming back over the next few weeks from injury I can see all our grades improving fingers crossed

Loved the after match huddle with Big Mick handing out the man love and male emotion a plenty.

Would have loved to see Schultzy in there shedding a tear......or cracking a smile :D

hahaha good luck with that!
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best Supporter Group to hang sh&t on

The rivallry between WCE and Freo in the West is child's play compared to the Adelaide rivallry.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What's happening in the world today.

We are quite a hypocritical society in a way that we are shocked and saddened by these events that are occurring and in turn fear for our safety and way of life.

How many Westerners world wide have been killed or injured by dickheads who get behind the wheel when pissed or on drugs compared to people who get killed by extremist activity? None of that is on the front page of papers and takes up breaking news stories and that occurs far more often with many more victims.

It's horrible don't get me wrong but there needs to be a proper response to this rather than taking shots at religious populations world wide
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Problem is these days the players in the lower teams are paying their subs.
Some of the 'better' players think they are just that these days........ too good to pay their subs.
Nail. Head. BANG!

Ran the footy trip a few times and told blokes that if they didn't pay their subs then they aren't coming 3 months out- or if they do come then the funraised money everyone puts together for the trip goes to the club for the amount you owe with your subs. Try telling your mates their piss money is going to the club because you're a bludger.... Ran trips to Mildura, Mt Gambier, Melbourne and GC. A lot of blokes who go on these trips are often dodgers of paying subs as they all love a drink and often rather spend their cash on that than paying subs. WORKS.EVERY.TIME
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Clubs for 2017

I know the first ever coach of Paralowie very well Carey. He went on to be the president of the strongest suburban Football Club in South Australia at the time and it stayed that way for probably 10 years. One of the best people I've ever met in Football.
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 14

He is a f***wit of the highest order that's why he wasn't let in. He is a disgrace in the commentary box and takes the piss out of everything. Get rid of him.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL C GRADE Divisions - 2017

What's the go with Kenilworth? Are they done for? Or just having a rough trot? Bluedemon LaughingKookaburra

There is no denying our injuries and unavailabilities mate. On the weekend our B's were made up of many C graders. I know every effort is being made with the C grade and to be honest considering how many C graders played we put up a bloody good fight in the B's before getting over ran in the last quarter. Our A Grade had a filthy day as well but we'll bounce back and fingers crossed we'll get some of our 23 A and B graders who were out on the weekend due to work, injury or unavailability back this week. That's not an excuse btw it's where we are at and we need to get ourselves out of it. That's footy! I couldn't even tell you how many C graders weren't available but it would be a lot also.
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2017

CBCOC at home are the form team. They would cause big headaches in div 4.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Footy trips

So as the title says where are we all off to for what some call the most important part of the season?

We (Para Hills) are off to trusty old Mildura, (Cant go wrong with the low budget trip to Mildura in my opinion, half the fun is on the bus each way!) Sept 22-24, AFL prelim weekend.

I go to Mildura regularly to see the inlaws...why oh why would you go there for a footy trip!
That's a long way for a country town...

Are you serious? I've been 4 or 5 times to Mildura and once to Merbein just out of Mildura. Half the fun is the bus trip there! I've only been arrested twice both for nudity lol once at Buronga and once from Doms.

It use to be better when the working mans club had the longest bar in Australia but it's still a ripping venue to watch the prelim then head to O'Malleys till you get thrown out repeat this process at the sandbar then stagger down to Doms to try your luck.

Can't go wrong.

O'Malleys was legendary! It was like Shennanigans on a footy trip!
by LaughingKookaburra
Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Footy trips

Mildura is an exceptional footy trip venue. I haven't been on one in 6 years but will probably go on ours this year. 2 Houseboats in Renmark- What could go wrong???
by LaughingKookaburra
Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 19

Adelaide were rubbish for let's be honest 70% of that game. That 30% though Jesus they ripped Collingwood apart. Adelaide clearly came down after last week. I'll take that result every day of the week. Not ideal however it could have been much worse. At least we will get something out of that real poor effort for most of the match and it's very rare you can say that after being down by over 8 goals. Still need to put up better efforts than the first 65% of that match though.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 19, predictions, live scores, shit canning & resul

I don't see the need to put pictures of people to put them down on the forum myself. Not being a modern age person who is offended by everything but that's school yard shit. There is banter or talking shit on a footy field or between mates that's forgotten and there is just nonsense.
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

Ken's in trouble. He should have been given the arse the end of last year. Port Adelaide at the end of 2014 looked like they were on their way to many GF's. What has gone on since is a disgrace. Yes they will play finals but serving up shit like that to anyone with an ounce of ticker is embarressing. Wasting talent at Port.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

No probably about it. Tex is a 10 times better player than Robran ever was.

Sloane in my books gets a gig ahead of both Bickley and McGuinness.

Dangerfield as above.

Bassett can take a seat in the stands and Sauce takes that spot, however he's no Shaun Rehn.

Doughtys days are very numbered with the way Laird is playing over the last 3 years.
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Can't believe there has been no mention on here of the exploits surrounding a certain coach that were exposed in quite ruthless fashion this morning.. :lol: :oops:

I've also heard this 'rumor'.

Not the first coach in this situation and certainly won't be the last.

Common still the beans?

I've been told the coach sent a trainer some messages asking her what colour her knickers were. Messages were screenshotted and posted on facebook. Missus was unhappy.

In fairness it does work from time to time. I did this once and the trainer is now my wife :shock:
by LaughingKookaburra
Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 21

Go pat someone on the head now Joe. Dickhead.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals Week 1

This group have been to hell and back- they have been through salary cap breaches, losing an assistant coach, losing a senior coach and having several influential players piss off and go some where else and they have still continued to improve overall since 2013. If they drop the bundle this September then they have let themselves down. They have already done the hard yards, now they need to cash in on 5 years of hard and testing work.

I'm going tomorrow night and I'll back them in. Not that that matters ;)
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sarah Jones is hawt. Not just tonight!
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I didn't know that mate it was footy banter. My sincere apologies we have some fun on here but it's never meant in any harm to you personally. It's more pub talk.

Sincere apologies again!
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Port Adelaide were the next big thing at the end of 2014. Have not won a final since. Give Ken another contract!
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

These are scenarios that played out 15-20 years ago. Times change just like that MCG agreement that was pissed off ages ago.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals week 2

Both having a bit of fun. Just on that earlier in the year Caroline Wilson went on to the media and said that players at Geelong behind the scenes were confident they had Adelaide covered when ever playing them. Nothing was made out of that and then when there is a bit of shit talk between mates then the media goes nuts.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals Week 3

Phil Walsh said on the radio interviews that the grand scheme of things will start to take effect in 2017 before he left us. Go boys cash in on your journey!!!!!!
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Grand Final : Adelaide v Richmond

Im a bit over all the Phil Walsh stuff, while a tragedy Im not convinced his impact in a few months was as dramatic as everyone has made it to be.

Wrong

I think the people within the confines of the club would dispute that, quite heavily in fact.

Note that he replaced Sanderson who was slowly taking Adelaide in the wrong direction, it wasn't a happy club under Sanderson. Walsh in a very short time righted that ship, he quickly replaced van Berlo with Walker to point the club in a new direction and you can tell how the players speak of him he immediately captured their attention.

Also, speak to any of the Port Adelaide or West Coast boys who had him as a mentor / assistant coach and they'll tell you how much of an influence he was. Very highly regarded man by many.

Nailed it.

Knowing a few people in the Crows employ (on field and off) I think you'll find his loss is still being felt today.

E.g. as one person related atn the time (who has 20 years experience at the elite/international level in numerous football codes), they never had a "connection" to a single senior coach as they did with Walsh

You only had to listen to Walsh in his press conferences and in media interviews to see why he was so well regarded. His ability to engage people was unreal. He did the real hard work in the first 6 months at the Adelaide FC as coach however I strongly still believe the best move the club did was appoint Fagan. The club has always improved under his watch.
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

"Crows delist Menzel and Steak Knives"

**** how disrespectful is that to a 21 year old bloke. What a shithouse header from the Advertiser to write about a bloke that's just lost his lively hood.

You sound surprised
Do you know what the no.1 visited pages on adelaidenow are? Articles critical to the Crows.
Its not going anywhere. Either get used to it or stop reading.

I couldn't give a shit about the Adelaide Footy Club I'm talking about the bloke in question.

with AFC logo in your profile?

Don't get lost in the point I'm making mate. Im saying I couldn't give a shit about the media having another crack at Adelaide as I'm not a player or Match Day official so I can distance myself from the shit they are copping. I'm saying it's harsh on a 21 year old bloke to be spoken about like that in national media when he's just lost his job.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Will Harley Bennell play another game?

The mental health card gets thrown around a bit too much. Its funny how blokes get 2 strikes and then when the 3rd strike comes around their Management says it's an illness and you can't take action against a bloke who needs help. So they go on a holiday and get help...
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FFA Cup 2017

Geez Absolonsen is a massive get.
by LaughingKookaburra
Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

Should have been delisted on the spot when he fumbled an uncontested handball off the mark 2 years ago that resulted in a direct goal in the 2nd Showdown.

I'm not lying when I say I haven't seen even a C6 footballer **** up such a simple piece of play before. Ever!
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

As I have said to many people and on here. Lonsdale will destroy D7. Loveridge 12 months ago was a KPP at one of SA footballs strongest football clubs and Adam Rigney played reserves footy and is in his mid 20's. Is Trev Rigney heading back? At his peak was one of the best local footy players I have ever seen and even at 35 would still cause decent problems at D7 level...
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Ashes 2017/2018

We have been making Test Cricket a boring batfest for decades and as soon as we give the bowlers something it’s an issue. Love the Day/night Tests.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What a ******* awesome venue the Adelaide Oval is. Stunning sunset, great Test Cricket (this session anyway) and the Barmy Army singing non stop. The carnival atmosphere of the Adelaide Test is making this event bigger and bigger every year. Makes you proud to be South Australian watching all this.
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Massive fan of the pink ball. It brings back parity with Test Cricket.
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2018

I reckon this will be the div that will throw up all sorts of upsets and unpredictability throughout the year and will be harder to pick than a fresh scab. Near on impossible to do a ladder but there are 3 big questions in the div from the Fev.

1. Is the self appointed mayor of forum town the Shrek and his club all just hype or are they a genuine Premiership hope. I think their years of pulling flags out their ass are done. I think they will be in div 4 in 2018 & 19
2. How will Thommo go at Eastern Park and what effect will he have on the club and recruits. If Dwight becomes a fortress again where they are 8 and 1 or even 7 and 2 they are likely to be in the promotional mix
3. Glenunga basically toyed with div 5 and were labelled by some as the most impressive div 5 unit seen. They will be strong but tested in div 4. How well will they respond to challenges at a higher level? You list off their top 8 names and they are the best in the div. if they are all up and running they will only be in Div 4 for a year

Glenunga the most impressive unit div 5 has seen? I have seriously heard it all now. Covered easily by Pultney, Plympton, Golden Grove and i’d throw both ours and Woodville Souths 2013 teams also. They were the premiers and a good team but seriously??
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A-League Season 2017-18

Marco Kurz is a very good Manager. That is one of the most outstanding efforts I’ve ever seen from United. That team on paper were absolute scrubbers. Sydney would be disgusted that they drew against such a team.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A-League Season 2017-18

WTF happened to us on Sunday????
No sooner had I said, "you can build a title on this defence" and we'd conceded two.
Be nice to get somewhere near and full, fit squad.

And...Brisbane's shirt numbers were falling off last night. That's how bad they're going.

As silly as it sounds I reckon we had too many inclusions at once. Will see what they serve up this afternoon.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

Marion and Lonsdale will be in Div 5 within 4 years, maybe 3.

Marion I think can push higher over time. Now that Marion genuinely have a year by year hope I think this will give them good traction in years to come. This year they will probably play in the GF but Lonsdales ins are bloody good. My only issue is that a good portion of their KPP only have a few years in the tank at most- They are great footballers and even better blokes. Mind you being in their area it’s not hard to entice blokes from surrounding clubs in a strong league on the promise of a flag. Their recruitment area is prime. Remember it was 15 years ago that the SFL was the strongest league in SA outside Div 1 Ammos.
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer

Eden Park is a joke for international cricket. It's been the same for a long time.

I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest until NZ piss that off as their premier ground then they will never be a great team in World cricket.
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Tour of South Africa

Shit happens that's a great innings.
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If there are hotter women in the World than South Africans then I’m happy to meet them...
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This stuff has been going on since the start of time and every country dishes it out. It's only because it's far more open now to the public and everything is scrutinised that it gets out.

*Patrick Patterson stormed in to the MCG rooms and pointed out 5 players who sledged the gizzards out of him and told them all they are going to die when they go out to bat.
*Hansie Cronje threw a stump full pelt in to the umpires room at Adelaide Oval after Mark Waugh was given not out for whacking his stumps after being hit by a short pitched ball.
*Andre Nel invited Justin Langer out the back of the Adelaide Oval for a fight after play but shit himself after his team mates told him of Langers background.

These are only things that got out after years of not telling the public (apart from the Cronje incident). Who gives a shit, he was held back by his team mates. Proof will be in the pudding when he bats next.
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nel didn't do it because he would have had the shit kicked out of him. Pretty sure Cronje broke a stump when it was thrown in the rooms.

You reckon Botham and Chapelli didn't come to blows?
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Has been good, we’re a shot if we can set them 200 but realistically it needs to be 280 plus.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How many of us have played Cricket against a dickhead 19-23 year old who thinks (or in this case knows) he's top shit and all hell breaks loose with his actions on a ground. Needs a good kick up the arse and now he's got it. Happens in footy a lot also.
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Oh hang on... now philander is backing away from his comments saying his twitter account was hacked.

Un **** believable... accountability zilch

Yep, Vernon has a few days off, gets on the piss and writes what he really thinks- then blames that carefully calculated dig at hackers when he sobers up... Dickhead!
by LaughingKookaburra
Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is the biggest overreaction I have seen. Smith should have just kept his mouth shut and let the investigators do their job. He comes out and is honest, gets absolutely polverised 2nd only to James Hird with the Essendon saga.

The bloke hasn't killed or hurt anyone, he's done something stupid and even if it's premeditated, the outcome on the condition of the ball is no different to every team in the world who throws the ball in flat and intentionally hits the square with 1 or 2 bounces to the keeper in every test. That's also premeditated and did not happen 15 years ago when you were always taught to put the ball back in over the stumps to the keeper on the full.

I get it's what we can't stand as a society but we have serious double standards. All ball tampering is pre-meditated so hearing other countries throwing their 2 cents in is just laughable. These guys are just also guilty of being stupid!
by LaughingKookaburra
Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - predictions, live scores, results & shit canni

I’ll be critical of Port last year and years gone by. Tonight, tough as nails. Very impressive and well done.

Sydney just haven’t been as commited as Port.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |