Search found 566 matches

Return

Re: US

So lets assume the right set up 15 peaceful 1 man protests, then had their current rally storming the capital as well.

Would they then be allowed to claim 94% of their protests were peaceful?

Lets be honest, both sides behave like babies at various times.
Both sides take protests too far.
Both sides fail to accept outcomes they didn't want.
Etc.
by Trader
Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer 2020/21

Pucovski makes it to lunch unbeaten. Been a while since we've had an opener do that! haha
by Trader
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nah stan, the left have already told us that private companies arent allowed to present information based on their own political leanings when they all had a big cry over murdoch.....
by Trader
Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is this Pant's (Gilchrist vs Pakistan @ Bellerive) innings that may make his career.

Albeit he shouldn't be able to bat as high as he had , major flaw in the rules.

Don't be silly, he was always going to bat in the top 6.
If it meant he had to bat at 7 he would have just kept wicket yesterday.
Just like when they brought in a replacement for Jadaja's hammy under the concussion rule earlier this summer, Saha was keeping yesterday because he could, not because he had to.
by Trader
Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

If the victorian police let a mass murderer out, he then walked into a nursing home and killed 50 people.
Is it the federal government's fault as they are in charge of aged care?
Or the victorian's who let the gun man out?

Getting back to covid,
It's all well and good to say the federal government should have had a plan in place to stop it running through the nursing homes, but equally if the victorian government didn't let it out of hotel quarantine it wouldn't have been an issue.
by Trader
Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It didn't, but why do it?

Why does he do any of the multitude of other weird things he does.
Shadow batting at home, twitching constantly, adjusting everything before each ball, etc.

I suspect a lot of it is a force of habit more than a conscious decision.

I wouldn't have scratched around the area where the batsman sets up, but to suggest its petulance and 'not captaincy behaviour' is implying there was malice in his actions, which I disagree with.
by Trader
Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes
by Trader
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well they've both been through the same thing by hanging onto players for too long and the side falling off the perch because the young talent below didn't get an opportunity at the top level.

Problem is Australia haven't started the rebuild yet .

Don't worry - JL is on it.

He is scouring the country looking for "great blokes" who he'd want to marry his daughter. That's a selection criteria you know.

Not sure how many he wants to marry his daughter, but I know a hell of a lot of blokes that want to meet his daughter after the aeroplane video went around 3 years ago.
by Trader
Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

MERGER CONFIRMED!!!!

From 2021/22 The new team will be know as the Adelaide Stingrays , following the merger of Adelaide and Southerns.

The club will be based out of Glandore , Bice Oval will no longer feature A/B grade district Cricket.

The new club will enter 8 junior teams, two per grade, filling what would otherwise be the Adelaide Uni juniors spot, meaning we have aligned junior and senior fixtures.

SACA will provide the new club with funding for 2 cricket development officers, one of which must be juniors, for the next three years, estimated to be valued at a little over $300,000.

With respect to seniors, the club is expected to enter 4 SACA teams, with a 5ths and 6ths to be played in the ATCA competition, although ATCA are yet to confirm they will accept these sides.

The club will search for a new base over the coming seasons, with SACA having made a ' handshake commitment ' to fund the new facility which will be constructed on a greenfields site, North of Darlington.

This merger will be confirmed at 4pm this afternoon, but you can say you heard it here first!!!
by Trader
Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

If I was head honcho, I’d be looking at providing the Southerns club with money to facilitate an upgrade of Bice Oval and be looking at the new Aldinga complex as a junior centre for the club, without merging, unless Adelaide want to commit to moving fully south.

I believe Bice is getting an upgrade as part of the deal.

Seems strange that its still going to be known legally as the Adelaide CC - why not Adelaide South CC or Adelaide Southern CC or South Adelaide CC?

tigerpie - what is Reynella's 2nd ground?
It's a secret ;)

Woodcroft College.

It was offered around, no one wanted it, Reynella took it on, had some upgrades undertaken to the outfield to bring it upto standard.
Once the outfield was improved all of a sudden Southerns came sniffing.
by Trader
Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think with the increasing use of the concussion sub, and the modification of the laws of the game in 2017 that allow sub fielders to wicketkeep, together with the difficulties to rush a replacement keeper into a squad with the covid-bubble rules, I think the taking of a second keeper on tour is now almost mandatory.

Therefore, I don't see Carey's selection as any reflection on Paine, but rather the 'new normal'.
by Trader
Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Macca's, HJ's or KFC

I was a maccas man from 16-33.
Then I got too fat so started counting kjs.
The Pepsi Max option at KFC keeps the points down so now my go to is a regular fillet burger combo, no lettuce.
Bene smashing them for the last two years.
Dropped 30kgs in 9 months and have managed to keep it off for 18 months and counting.

Don't get me wrong, I still hit up maccas from time to time, but KFC gets the nod more often than not.
by Trader
Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Don't forget Marnus is a reasonable leggie as well.
by Trader
Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2021

Booney, what's the go with masks this year.

I note they have announced adelaide oval will have a 40k capacity but we have to wear masks to and from the ground, and while moving around, but not in our seats.

What happens at port games where we only get 25k, can I walk around without the mask, same as last year? Or will the mask now basically be compulsory even if there are only say 8,000 fans there?

It's ridiculous. No mask on a packed train, mask into the ground, stand up in your seat yelling and screaming spraying shit everywhere and no mask but go for a piss and put your mask on. Makes zero sense mate.

Any chance you can get your mate Dave from Alberton to start kicking up a fuss and they might re-think the rule?
by Trader
Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

I don't think they nominate a 12th man .... just pick 12 players
Yeah, there's a way to smooth it over so everyone wins a prize, like the ODD used to do when they played with 12.

They didn't nominate a 12th man as such, but the team was listed in batting order and the bloke in the last slot bowled 0 overs this year so fairly clear he was considered the 12th! haha
by Trader
Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

The world is getting worse, cos someone, somewhere is offended by the use of a word which has multiple meaning, but of course, in their mind it can only be offensive.

No, the world isn't getting worse because someone, somewhere is getting offended, it's getting worse because someone, somewhere thinks the people getting offended shouldn't be when they really should just mind their own business.

If someone is offended by the name Coon cheese and the name gets changed I couldn't care any less, its still cheese!

“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so f*cking what."

Stephen Fry, 2005.

Person C shouldn't get offended that person B is offended by what Person A calls their product.
But equally shouldn't person B also just mind their own business and ignore what person A calls their product?

Personally, as someone somewhat close to a person C (ie a third party observer), I'm not offended that Person B is offended, but I am perplexed that Person B is of the opinion that him being offended gives him some form of right to demand that Person A changes their product name.

And for mine that's what I take from the Stephen Fry quote. Person B can be offended all they want, doesn't mean they have the right to require person A to change their product name.
Interesting that your take from the quote is that Person B is free to be offended and Person C shouldn't get upset about it.
(Not saying either of us right or wrong, just interesting that we come at it from opposite sides of the same quote).
by Trader
Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

Tinfoil hat time..

Has anyone actually met someone who has expressed they're offended by any of the censored/changed things in recent times? Pepe Le Pew, Coon Cheese, Golden Gaytime etc etc?

I've often wondered in recent times if these people genuinely exist, or if the brands make it up to help draw publicity to them.. create uproar.. get support and their time in the sun.

Personally i've never liked the word coon - but that's a different context than cheese, and i've never really associated the two.

Just seems everyday there is something new that's being changed or axed or debated because perceived connotations about racism, rape culture, discrimination etc etc... are there really people out there who spend their days looking for these things, get offended and want to change?

How is it that a few people being upset by the name of an ice cream or a cartoon cat or whatever have the power to force change.. yet there are so many larger problems with the world that go unresolved?

Close, but not quite.

It's not the companies themselves coming up with these protests, but rather the 1%ers to distract us peasants from the global domination that is occurring behind our backs yet right in front of our eyes if we only just opened them!
True story, I saw it on apache's youtube!
by Trader
Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Yeah I'm as blue as they come but I thought Keating was reasonable.

Did a hell of a lot of the work to kick start the macroeconomic reforms that the Country benefitted from between say 1995 and 2010.

Sure the line about the recession we had to have was a bit of bull, but i'm not willing to hang the bloke over one mistake.

I think a lot of the more recent ones (from both sides) have been very poor, as politics has moved from "running the country" to "maintaining power".
I can cut them some slack with the knowledge that it's been hard to govern over the last 15 or so years given no one has had a majority in both houses to be able to effectively govern, but with that in mine, the recent groups are still fairly uninspiring leaders for mine.
by Trader
Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 1

I'd also think that preseason is the time when the SANFL Ressies sides have the biggest advantage over ammos in terms of doing a proper preseason, taking things seriously, etc.

Compare them in early August when the ressies side have lost players upto the league team to cover injuries and the ammos are lining their guys up for a run into finals and you'll probably get a closer result.
by Trader
Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide 2021

So three games of ordinary form and he’s no good? After carrying the team all last year? Give me a break.
No one said that.
Anyways, hopefully he’s no good for one more week...
I would have thought someone calling him Lobbesque was calling him no good

You’ll probably get up this week Hahaha I didn't see that post but bloody hell that's Harsh

Ok so clearly someone had called him rubbish haha.

Without assuming I can talk on someone else's behalf, I'd assume they were referring to Lobbe having a good season, signing a long term deal, then once that income was locked in, their form all of a sudden fell off the cliff. We'll at least that's the way I took it, not that ROB is as bad as Lobbe.
by Trader
Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

Play on for mine.

Hard bump but doesn't raise an elbow or get him high.
Player jogs off himself, no visible blood or anything.

Just a case of a bigger lad colliding with a little fella.

55:10 for those playing along at home:
https://www.dartfish.tv/Player?CR=p1320 ... 28m6172571
by Trader
Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: IPL

and Warner continues to show how much of a flog he is with an instragram post of a letter from his daughter begging him to come home now, wonder if that would have surfaced if they were still playing, one thinks Not

I guess they don't miss him when it's just a normal tour?

Secondly, what's their fascination with the letter "I"? 3 kids, 3 girls, all beginning with the letter "I".

Insert joke about every sentence davy says starts with 'i' so it naturally followed when he was asked what to name the kids.
by Trader
Wed May 05, 2021 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: IPL

Its just absolute rubbish that they are not allowed to come home, WTF do we have hotel quarantine then?

Don't keep up?

The likely hood of the hotel system being inundated with positive cases increases the risk of transmission into the community and potential burden on the health care system. He chose to leave, f*ck him.

Like someone said, it's like going to war and complaining about being shot at. Don't have to be very smart to work out it was a stupid idea to go to India.
**** off, they are no different to any return travellers over the last 12 months. There was no issue in India when the tournament started. you sir are an absolute imbecile, you can add that to oracle, dickhead
Tall poppy syndrome is all it is. Get off your high horse, How would you feel if you were in India for work and now couldnt escape their country, do you have the $ to go to tyhe maldives or would you be stuck in the slums of Mumbai for 14 days. Absolute ******* moron to think that an Australian citizen doesnt have the right to come homew and further more if you think they should be jailed for attempting to do so youre an even big **** than i gave you credit for

Nah Days, you're off the mark here.

It is 100% the correct decision to block returnees from India due to the % of them that are positive. If we don't the dedicated facilities for positive cases fill up and then we have to stop ALL returnees from everywhere until there is space again.
by Trader
Fri May 07, 2021 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Junior codes

Both clubs say the clubs "parents" were not involved yet someone's aunt apparently was.

Exactly.

(Ingle Farm?) MDO escalated the matter by worrying about filming that is permitted.
Ingle Farm Aunt then escalated matters further by becoming a Karen.
Ingle Farm then attempt to deflect further by claiming none of their 'parents' were involved, when it was adult relatives of their players.

Just waiting to hear if the bloke that assaulted the umpires dad was an ingle farm players uncle....

The first two items happened on the spot, I can somewhat accept them as decision people would like to take back with hindsight.

The third item however was not on the spot, it was the day after the event and a clear attempt from the club to deflect and mislead with a 'half truth'.

For mine, the statement from Ingle Farm reflects just as poorly on the club as the events from Sunday, if not worse.
by Trader
Tue May 25, 2021 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Junior codes

Sadly, Ingle Farm are not fortunate to have a lot of "white collar" type people within the club that have backgrounds or experience to lean on for support or guidance in these matters like some clubs do.

The volunteers that make up the committee would've tried acting in the best interests of all providing that update. They would've met as a committee last night, discussed, worked out how to proceed, and one of the first actions would've been to get something out there regarding the incident.

Poorly worded no doubt, intentions were well intended - they wouldn't have deliberately tried to mislead anyone or try and deflect from the situation.. would've just wanted to somewhat diffuse an escalating situation whilst it was being dealt with by the appropriate parties.

Reads similar to the EFC statement, my guess is that the person who posted probably read that and thought it was good and concise and rolled with similar, not actually thinking about it.

Some clubs are fortunate to have an abundance of volunteers
Some clubs are fortunate to have a large network of people from various professions and skill sets within their organisation.

Ingle Farm is not one of those clubs.

Ingle Farm is one of those clubs that has a hard working and passionate group of volunteers who want the best but don't always know the best way to achieve it.

Well said, and good perspective.
by Trader
Tue May 25, 2021 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 2

Hearing there could be a new recruit playing this weekend,waiting on a clearance....Has played at 2 afl clubs and most recently in the sanfl..
Spill the beans

Greg Anderson (born 14/May/1966) played AFL for Essendon and Adelaide.
Greg's most recent game of senior footy was a SANFL premiership with the Port Adelaide Footy Club in the 1996 Grand Final.

Case Closed. ;)
by Trader
Fri May 28, 2021 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 11 Lets get flexible

The Port Adelaide-Fremantle Sunday twilight fixture at Adelaide Oval has been pushed back 40 minutes to a 4.50pm local time beginning, to allow more time for the umpires to prepare, as that set of officials will have controlled the previous night's West Coast-Essendon match in Perth .

Why does the AFL need to include this rubbish?
Just say it's been pushed back so fox footy can show the full Richmond game before switching over to this one.

No one cares, everyone is understanding that things are being moved around, so no need to throw out this line about the umpires.
by Trader
Fri May 28, 2021 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think we're jumping a shadows here a bit, with nearly 23 million people in Australia the likelihood of contact and infection would have to be 0.00000001% at best.

daisy would rubbing his hands together ready to launch reading all this.

More like 0.0001%, but yeah, it's an overreaction.

South Aussies who have returned from Victoria, didn't visit any of the listed sites, and were already vaccinated, are being required to get 3 tests and isolate each time.
Yet everyday Victorians, no requirement to get tested.
by Trader
Fri May 28, 2021 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 6

Well done to Trinity for a comprehensive win today.. but seriously when a **** sideshow Bob uncoordinated **** like Trent Eves gets in the best then you genuinely need to reevaluate you’re life.

Ingle farm you’re shit

**** even your U17 girls show more fight
:shock:
Lucky no one can see it now.

Should be mandatory that anyone that sees these sort of entertaining posts that they automatically quote them so they are saved for all to see.
by Trader
Mon May 31, 2021 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2020-21

It's more how stupid must Bancroft be that irks me, he's made us look like "Dopey Strayans" How on earth did he think he'd get away with it?

Not just Bancroft on that front.
It was when Boof radio'd down to Handscomb and said they are onto us, go and tell Cameron to hide the evidence. That's when Cam moved the sandpaper from his pocket to his jocks and they got the yellow on camera.
If the message from Boof to Handscomb was go onto the field and send Cameron off for a piss we would have been fine.
Sure, they would have had the shot of him putting his hand in his pocket, shining the ball then putting it back in his pocket, but ultimately they wouldn't have had the shot of the actual evidence.

They are all stupid. For Bancroft to panic once Pete comes and tells him they are onto him is one thing, and somewhat understandable, but for mine I look at Boof as the older, senior head and can't help but think things would have gone a lot better if boof made the correct decision and sent out Pete with the sole intention of getting Cam off the field.
by Trader
Thu May 20, 2021 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm going through them now.

Which is the one with the vaccine killing 210 people in Australia?

To 23 May 2021, 3.6 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines have been given in Australia. In this period, the TGA has received 210 reports of deaths following immunisation – 109 have been reported for the Pfizer vaccine, 94 for the AstraZeneca vaccine and seven where the vaccine was not specified. Most of these reports (93%) were for people 65 years of age and over, and over three quarters were 75 years of age and over. Many of the deaths relate to elderly aged-care residents.

And from 4 paragraphs down on the same site: https://www.tga.gov.au/periodic/covid-19-vaccine-weekly-safety-report-27-05-2021 :

Apart from the single Australian case in which death was linked to TTS, COVID-19 vaccines have not been found to cause death . Given the benefits of vaccination with regard to preventing severe disease, hospitalisation and death from COVID-19, particularly in older age groups, immunisation is strongly encouraged as we head into the winter months .

Big difference between what is reported to a be COVID vaccine related death to what is actually a COVID vaccine related death once investigated.

Same argument can be made with the deaths reported as covid deaths.
Are these people dying from covid or with it?

They can't inflate the Covid deaths by including anyone who had it no matter what they died of, and then play the opposite hand and not count those that died shortly following receipt of the vaccine.

Like always, the truth on both counts lies somewhere between what the supporters and the haters are quoting.
by Trader
Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 12 - Who? Where? When?

And to think the bookies had Carlton favorites over WCE, ha!
Easiest money I've made in a long time.
by Trader
Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Ollie Robinson banned for tweets he made 8 years ago

Cancel culture at its best.

Oh look, this guy is now famous, lets trawl through his online history and find some questionable jokes he made as a teenager and hold him to account today....

What was acceptable 10 years ago is totally different to what you can do today.
Every generation gets more progressive, and that's good for society, but to dig things up from the past and judge them against todays standard is a bit unfair imo.
by Trader
Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide 2021

Lightning McQueen wrote:Unlike most Power supporters

Please don't mention Port in the crows thread.
by Trader
Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

The "super spreader " party in Sydney resulted in 24 of 30 people get it.

The six who didn't?

Vaccinated.

I wonder if given the vaccine has been previously described by health officials as minimising your symptoms, if this just means it takes a little longer for them to build up a substantial viral load to test positive.
It could be that these 6 all have it, but just aren't testing positive yet.
They could be running around spreading it with the false sense of security because they got vaccinated.
by Trader
Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The average age of COVID-19 deaths in Australia is 85 years – above the age of life expectancy.

Life expectancy for people with covid in Australia - 85 years.
Life expectancy for people without covid in Australia - less than 85 years.

Covid extends your life!!!

;)
by Trader
Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

I think there are a number of ATCA clubs that are better at fundraising and attracting sponsors than some of the SACA clubs.
The SACA clubs have become reliant on SACA hand outs.

With that said, the sort of players the ATCA clubs are attracting are very different to the ones that stay at SACA clubs.
ATCA clubs attract their cricketers by promoting 1pm starts (80 overs vs 96), no sunday cricket, training once a week is acceptable, etc.
by Trader
Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Two of the three have now tested positive to Covid-19, one with the Delta strain.

So three men sat in a truck together for 3+ days.

One has nothing.
One has delta covid.
One has non-delta covid.

Does anyone else find that hard to believe.

Sure, the one with nothing might still be building up enough antibodies to test positive, so I'm not too skeptical on that aspect, but for the two that are positive to have different strains seems extremely unbelievable.
by Trader
Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Only a matter of time [sure bet] before 1951 Melbourne Cup winner causes a lockdown in South Australia

Anyone else have to google this?

I understood the link, but I prefer to reference a former neighbors actress than 75 year old ponies when talking about the new covid strain.

https://neutrinodata.s3.amazonaws.com/halogen/cmsimages/web/180765fa43ff11e68c64.jpg
by Trader
Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

I set up my gas and electricity prior to moving opting for monthly bill cycles through AGL.

A few weeks in and I received a random sms from AGL stating that they were unable to connect my gas.

A couple of weeks ago I received my electricity bill but still haven't got a gas bill, do I rattle the cage?

Put some money aside so if they ever work it out you can pay the 6 months worth of bills that might hit in one go, but other than that keep quiet and see how long you can get it for free.

(By the way, the maximum they can back-charge you for is 2 years, so after that, you can start spending the money you are putting aside).
by Trader
Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 4

Given 8-20mm is forecast for Saturday, it's a great week to keep everyone off the ovals as well.

They should cancel it now, let everyone know in advance, split the points and leave it at that, IMO.
by Trader
Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19

The Bedge wrote:Make the upcoming weekends fixtures a draw, or reschedule? What are peoples thoughts?

Obviously some clubs finals (or relegation) chances would be impacted more than others.

Draw for mine.

Shuffling the schedule means home game functions change weekends, etc.
by Trader
Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Would be silly Stan, but I'm not sure we'll get a donut tomorrow.

I expect more family of the 81 year old to test positive over the coming week or two as they build up a detectable load.
Also others at the party where today's case come from will end up positive over the next week or so.

There will be cases on and off for the next couple of weeks IMO.
by Trader
Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've asked HR for a letter. stuffed if im getting an on the spot fine

Cops haven't issued a single fine yet, they aren't interested in fining people doing the right thing, they'll only fine the idiots who are blatantly breaking the rules and being gooses about it at the same time.

If you're on your way to work, they won't even stop you. Even if they do, once you tell them where you work they'll make a simple phone call and you'll be fine.
by Trader
Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm not too worried about the extra 6 cases announced this arvo.

While it hasn't been confirmed yet, it would be a safe assumption it was the same bloke (the 81 year old who went to Argentina - case #1) who was at both the Greek (saturday night) and the Winery (Sunday arvo) (or if not the bloke, his daughter who was case #2).

If it was someone who caught it at the greek and then was already spreading it on Sunday afternoon, then I'd be worried, as that is meaning its cycling through in under 24 hours.

If its case 1 or 2, not worried. If its case 4 or 5 that's spreading it on Sunday arvo, then we'll have a heap of people who spread it everywhere on Monday and Tuesday before we locked down tuesday night.

Hopefully the Journo's are able to ask an intelligent question at tomorrow morning's conference and confirm which case it was that spread it around at the winery, that will let us know how worried we need to be.

Having said the above, even if it was case 4 or 5, that's bad, and we'll have a sh!tload of people that need to go into quarantine, however the process remains the same:

1) work out who has it,
2) find out where they went,
3) quarantine those that also went there, and test them, if positive, refer to step 1.

The above cycle only needs to run through the loop until you get to 6pm Tuesday night. They shouldn't be spreading it after 6pm Tuesday.

Even if they need to run through the above three steps for 100 people (currently at 12), they have already caught up to cases that caught it on Sunday afternoon. If they can keep up the same pace, it's only another 52 hours or so between Sunday afternoon's spreading event, and the Tuesday 6pm lockdown.

If we keep this pace, 52 hours after today's 6 which were known at about 11am today, gets us to roughly 3pm Friday. Absolutely no reason we can't have this wrapped up by 6pm on Tuesday.
by Trader
Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy, I posted roughly 20 pages back.

I don't think delta is more transmissible than the previous strains.
However, it does come with a lower impact on the human body (deaths of 0.2% vs previous strains around 1.5%), milder symptoms, more asymptomatic, etc.
This means there are more people with delta that either don't know they are sick, or are assuming they have a simple cold and are continuing to be active in the community. This means they are interacting with more people rather than being at home in bed (or the hospital).

Therefore, while Delta is not more transmissible, it is being transmitted more often per case than alpha covid was.

Now, can you see politicians standing up and explaining all that to the general population? Or is it easier to simply say its more transmissible?

Virus's by their very nature are mutate to kill the host less. If the host dies straight away, or becomes bed-ridden, the host can't pass it on to as many people. As old mate spurrier told us yesterday, the virus doesn't have legs, it relies on people moving around to spread. Delta is a mild version of alpha. The 5th, 6th, 7th generations will also be more mild.
by Trader
Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Correct, it's no long the consideration.

There are roughly 4000 ICU beds in australia. (There were 2400 pre pandemic and several expansion announcements, cant seem to find the new figure but its in the order of 4,000).

So given over half the country is in lockdown at the moment, you would expect we'd have roughly 3,500 people in ICU with Covid at the moment.... you know, trying to keep the balance so we don't overtop the capacity....

Well, according to health.gov.au, we currently have a grand total of 25 people in ICU with covid at the moment.
Yup, 25.

The original message of preventing overtopping of the health system is long long gone, the current lockdowns are being done for different reasons.
by Trader
Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I can't believe there are so many people who were at the greek and tenafeate that haven't been tested yet. As soon as it became a tier one site they should have been forced to be tested within 24 hours.
That was monday night, it's now Friday FFS.

We the public get 6 hours notice of a lockdown yet SA Health can't get 200 tests done in 4 days???

Stop testing 18,000 irrelevant people each day and stick to the target testing.

By the way, have we ever had a positive test come back from someone who wasn't identified at a tier 1 or 2 site?

This open slather approach and letting the general public clog lines cause they walked past a tier 4 site is just wasting resources.
by Trader
Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The solution?

CV19 volunteers.png

While that's just a meme meant as a bit of light entertainment, I'll bite.

While there are some that don't believe Covid 19 exists, there are many who know it exists, but believe the current method for dealing with it is not rational.

Look at our current outbreak, 15 cases, all whom attended/work at The Greek or the Winery.
SA Health have identified 210 people from these sites.

So who should be isolating?

The 15 infected - obviously.
The 210 close contacts - Yes.
The 3800 contacts of close contacts - ok.
The 1.5million South Australians? - I don't think so.

So because I question if it is proportional for the 4th ring of the ven diagram to be thrust into lockdown does that mean I don't believe in Covid?

Covid exists, and the delta variant kills 0.2% of people that catch it. 98% of those that die have other factors that contribute to their death.

For young healthy individuals, you're a 24,999 in 25,000 chance of surviving if you catch it.

With 3 rings of isolation ahead of me, then a 99.996% chance of surviving even if it makes it through to the 4th ring, I'm very comfortable to say putting me in a lockdown for 7 days is unreasonable.

Allow people to get vaccinated.
Have your contract tracing.
Isolate people who get it, their close contacts, or even contacts of close contacts.
Allow anyone else who wants to isolate themselves to live their lives in solitude.

Don't force the rest of us to shut down our lives 'out of an abundance of caution'.
by Trader
Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That's basically what NSW tried. it's the emergence of the, 3rd and 4th generation of spreaders (close contacts of generation one and two) of who aren't in isolation or having limitation on on their movements because their infection was unknown at the time is what is allowing to spread.

The quick hard lockdown helps gets it contained initially then you can start lifting in a controlled manner which is what Stevens and Marshall implied they would like to be able to announce on Tuesday

Trader you know that there are going to be negative tests on day one who on day five are possibly going to come back positive this may create more sites of concern.

Restrictions (preferred)/lockdowns help control the spread initially. The known unknowns out in the community when it first emerges.

As you said 100 pages back probably, the testing is only accurate to the to 48-72 hours before the swab, hence why the testing of contacts needs to occur several times over 14 days.

NSW lost control as they didn't chase down the close contacts. They blurred the line between contacts of close contacts and the general public. They haven't isolated rings 2 and 3.

We are different. As I said in my post, isolate rings 2 and 3, lock them up for 14 days and you'll get no complaints from me. But that's 4,000 people, not 1.5million.

Sure, if we lose control of the contact tracing and then can't be confident we have rings 2 and 3 under control, sure, look for some restrictions (like stage 2, 3 or 4) at that point in time.

We have the initial rings under control yet have still imposed stage 5 lockdowns on everyone.

Agreed, there will be more +ve cases come out who were -ve on day 1 and +ve on day 5 or even 13. But these are people from ring 2, at worst ring 3. None of them will come from ring 4, so why is ring 4 in stage 5 lockdown?

Ring 1, 2 and 3 can go into 14 day iso, ring 4 should have level 2 restrictions if they want added protection, not level 5.
by Trader
Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |