Search found 15 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Angle Vale definitely keeping the trend of hot starts to games leading Two Wells at quarter time 5 goals to 2. Hardly a stiff breeze yesterday so can’t say they kicked with a gale. Impressive.

Spoke to someone who said there was an incident on the final siren in the reserves at Port Wakefield yesterday where a senior HWE player elbowed a 16 or 17 year old for United in the back of the head while he was on the ground. Sparked a melee. Any reports out of it? Stories can get exaggerated but poor act of true. Is the kid alright?

Certainly exaggerated. No elbows involved. The lad was tackled, did end up hurt, however from what I saw was fair and he was pinged for holding the ball. Bit push and shove but nothing exciting.

Definately was an elbow Ace, plenty of us saw it. If it was all fair then why did a melee break out?
Memo to the senior Eagles player involved - You have already cemented your place in your club as one of the greats. Someone who played hard and skillful A grade. Its a credit to you that you still play B grade which helps out your club & younger players. BUT if you think being 40 & running around belting kids who are starting out in senior footy is a good look for you and your club then you are way off the mark.
by Woofa
Sat May 26, 2018 12:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why are these blokes going to make the difference at some locals expense
by hairy cat
Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

B grade could be anyone's with 1st to 5th equal on points. Injuries and A grade finals to sort out winner, watch for Virginia to come food if their A's don't make it
Very strange season, no real standouts at all, one week a team can look a million bucks then it all turns to crap the next.

I haven't seen HWE this season but after a few years of being the whipping boys they have made great progress.

As for Virginia, they just always seem to lift a cog at the right time of year.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thoughts with the Heaslip family and the Mallala Football Club after losing an absolute legendary kid in recent days.

We'll be sure to pay our respects this weekend at Balaklava. Max was a great lad, funny, cheeky and most of all, courageous. RIP young fella.
by OnSong
Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big Nik reported again in the Rams pummeling by the Eagles today.

Interesting side note later in the game when Adrian Mark was unfortunately knocked out in a contest both teams went to respective huddles except one bloke who stayed by himself in his goal square at the opposite end of the ground. interestingly enough he was reported by an umpire on the sideline standing with all the Eagle supporters , both central umpires did not thing it was reportable?
What was the outcome The Falcon ?
2 weeks.

I heard VFC may have laid a club report on the reporting umpire? Is that right? Anyone?
Brendon Niklaus 2 Games. Was charged with striking from the reserve umpire but not from the 2 field umpires. One umpire was 15 mtrs straight in front of the contest the other not far behind. Closest umpire awarded a 25 mtr penalty stating to players it was in the contest but contact was a bit late. It seems that a bit of ground work was done between the umpires and the people representing the tribunal. Both umpires stated they had blocked vision of the contest which is a load of hog wash!! How was a 25mtr penalty awarded if so? If the umpire had told the tribunal that it was in the contest but a bit late like he had stated to players when awarding the 25 mtr penalty would Brendon have got games?? Brendon was given 1 game for late contact, is that striking?? Plus 1 game for 2nd report this year. There seems to be information and a bit of inside deals being discussed between certain people in the league, this case is clearly one of them! Questions need to be raised.....
by Surely Not...
Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big Nik reported again in the Rams pummeling by the Eagles today.

Interesting side note later in the game when Adrian Mark was unfortunately knocked out in a contest both teams went to respective huddles except one bloke who stayed by himself in his goal square at the opposite end of the ground. interestingly enough he was reported by an umpire on the sideline standing with all the Eagle supporters , both central umpires did not thing it was reportable?
What was the outcome The Falcon ?

2 Games one for striking one for a second report, league is a joke, we repeatedly see umpires officiating games that they played most of there football career for, geez some are even life members of these clubs, you can not tell me these umpires are not biased? It is just natural this will favour there decisions, Brendon's case should have been thrown out by the tribunal, report was written out wrong, the two field umpires did not thing it was reportable , one was 15mtrs away the other 30 mtrs away, but an umpire standing in a crowd of eagle supporters around 150mtrs away has reported him, and was pretty excited about at it, as he told all the people around him that he had reported him, exact words heard by a certain passer bye, were "Ive got him , ". League is a bloody joke..
There is an issue with umpire numbers so you will see this happening from time to time.
Mind you, you see the same situation with goal umpires every single week too.
So, I think you're just going to have to get used to it happening.

And just playing devil's advocate here; the HWE player in question was taken from the ground with a significant cut or gash to his head requiring stitches from what was late contact out of the contest. So it's not like nothing happened either.

I didn't see the incident, I don't know how late it was, or how forceful it was, but there was contact to the head, suggesting medium to high impact.

I understand your frustrations and perceived bias claims but as a neutral, there is evidence suggesting there was basis for a report.
by OnSong
Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I never said he didn’t cop shit for it :D
by Ace of Spades
Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:
OnSong wrote:I reckon NEFL has 3 and consensus is it's too many but will see this weekend.

Yeah mate, they do, possibly in the 2's and 17's too.

You got BJ, Angus and Will. D by the looks of it.

So still two umpires then :lol:
by magpieeagle
Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

B grade is a bit mysterious, not sure what to make of the top four sides.
I do think Mallala is fully loaded again, Virginia and United both have experience and quality, while Two Wells is perhaps making up the numbers there.
Under 17s is probably between Two Wells and Angle Vale. Think the Owls will get up at full strength.
Junior Colts, Two Wells, Virginia and Angle Vale could raffle it.
by OnSong
Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Falcon wrote:
Hazbeen wrote:Does anyone know if the Salisbury North junior that has been suspended for 13 weeks was also a type 2 permit player at Virginia or not?

The young lad in question had nothing to do with Virginia..

That's good, all the lads I've seen that play for Virginia are good kids
by Hazbeen
Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ace of Spades wrote:Will be interesting to see how many player points Mallala are allowed to play with Saturday.

2 more than last time you played them.
by Mythical Creature
Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mallala have had it tough on the field over the last 10 years so any help they can get is a bonus! :D
by Mythical Creature
Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pretty sure I've seen a team sheet floating around from last year where he played as a 2 pointer?

There you go Ace, follow that link and it'll confirm that last year was a 2 point player

http://websites.sportstg.com/round_info.cgi?c=1-7180-0-428244-0&pool=1001&fixture=124950087&a=PPA#/
If only the league had access to the internet
by Ace of Spades
Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1's Peckers 5 goals- Balaks forward line to strong, if HWE can limit the inside 50s they could cause an upset.
2's Roosters 4 goals- Rams backline very short, TW tall forwards to take advantage on a sunny day.
Sc's Owls 8 goals
Jc's Roosters 1 goal

Anyone put any cash on this?, wish i could punt like this normally!
by Pine Warmer
Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |