Search found 95 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

As luxury as it could be, buts it's not to be.
Elizabeth
OUT: T. BROWN, D. EDWARDS, B.TAYLOR, B. MITCHELL.
IN:J. REYNOLDS, B. ABBOTT, D. MOSELY, K. SHAW.
One bloke getting knocked out, two injuries and a wedding.
YES a bloody wedding
Be thankful there is no music concert on in the city, half the side then.
by Computer Crashed
Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

cmon carey spill the beans, what did they do?

Miss training?
Abuse the coach?
Turn up under the weather?
Bang the trainer?

Yes
Possibly but not to my knowledge
No and No comment
Possibly but not to my knowledge

We simply have team rules and the coach has enforced them. Both have missed more than 3 sessions in a row. Both players are guns it's very hard to drop the guns but it sets a good precedent for the player group. Like I said easy to drop blokes who can't play but these 2 blokes are guns.

Well done.
No guts No glory.
by Computer Crashed
Fri May 12, 2017 10:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

You're making the assumption that playing A Grade is a reward and playing B grade is a punishment.

This is not always the case and is perhaps a unique problem in the lower levels.

Clubs should be trying to make A Grade a reward/prestigious especially when it comes to your 'star' players.

It would be an awful culture at a club if any bloke aged between 18-early thirties saw playing A Grade as anything but a reward, obviously there would be some legitimate cases with blokes who have had long term injuries, playing with son etc but you would want at least 90% of your b graders striving to play A Grade I will confess...

I chose to play B grade in 2013 because to be honest I preferred it. It fitted better into my lifestyle. I could get out of there early and could still spend some of the Saturday either watching the As or doing my own thing. I played well and got picked to play As but my heart wasn't in it. I didn't know many of the new blokes, the As were struggling and it just wasn't as enjoyable. Unlike the Reserves that was filled with my mates, we were winning and were having fun. I purposefully didn't train after I played As to get dropped. I admit it. So sue me.

You have to understand that at D5-6-7 level a lot of the guys are playing social footy to have fun, not trying to progress their football careers...

"Must train to play" sort of policies do not work for everyone. I'm sorry. They just don't.
So Div 5-7 is all about social footy and having a game yet for 6 months you have banged on about PH smashing the Div 7 comp.
So who cares, make your mind up.
by Computer Crashed
Mon May 15, 2017 8:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bugger me.
IF we're quite smart with the ball today.
B grade looked smarter with the pill as well, final score doesn't say so but it blew out.
Well done all.
by Computer Crashed
Sat May 27, 2017 6:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arch44 wrote:In the reserves ladder check out the wins column from top to bottom

That would makes the loss column just as amazing.
by Computer Crashed
Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not the prettiest game at the Farm yesterday, well done to the Tossers for hanging on.
Just like to wish Sam Naylor a speedy and safe recovery from what looked like a broken ankle or lower leg, kids got a heart of gold and hasn't deserved his retched run with injuries over the years.
Can't imagine the feeling Gen and Bill are going through, all the best Sammy.
Will be sorely missed for the rest of the season.
by Computer Crashed
Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Keen to hear from anyone who would be interested in being a part of the Raiders in 2018 and beyond. For more information, or to have a confidential chat with myself, 'Q', or Mel Keetch, feel free to get in touch.
Love watching footy at your ground, your mob are an untapped commodity.
Get Zartan pissed enough.
by Computer Crashed
Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australia Tour of Bangladesh

jackpot jim wrote:Can the umpiring in this match get any worse? Long just fires the batsman out Bat / Pad. Replay showed he missed it by 3 feet !!!!!!!!!!!
Australians only half appealed as well.
Thank Christ for DRS as imperfect as it is

Your being kind.
by Computer Crashed
Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

roar88 wrote:Crowd punch on at Elizabeth?

Nothing like blowing things out of proportion.
Jump back in the hole bud.
by Computer Crashed
Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are looking very snazzy Bedge, good work.
FC, any chance you can align the Div threads for 2018 please ?
I'm feeling really comfortably now Morell is two Divs away.
by Computer Crashed
Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

bloods08 wrote:All games now officially called off

Rule # 1.
Don't tell the missus.
We must always turn up on day one, that's the ATCA rule huny.
by Computer Crashed
Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Ashes 2017/2018

The Bedge wrote:Must say, pretty disappointed with how this has played out this afternoon - would've been good to see Woakes, Root and Ali dig in and take this down to the wire. :(

You are starting to seriously worry me.
Shame Hazels didn't take 6 wickets with his first 6 balls.
by Computer Crashed
Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

um the alternate pitch had a sprinkler in the pitch so yeah um?
Alternative pitch would have been in prep for this weeks game surely, who prepares an alternative pitch in case it rains ?
No one is the answer, it's gunna rain on that too.
HV have just shot themselves in the foot right there, best come up with something else.
Oops, to late.
This will be an interesting little test for ATCA.
by Computer Crashed
Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Salary Cap Investigations

I tend to suspect the answer is the SANFL re-assessing it's spot in the footy landscape.

One question, how long is the SANFL Reserves comp for this world? Take the money saved from that, apply it to the senior salary cap/salaries would seem to be a pretty good first step to me. Getting rid of them is only going to save about $40k approximately per year. Just enough for another top line player.
40k a year for reserves players, no way hozay.
You could triple that knowing what the standard $ per game my lad and others were on as a base liners last year.
Chuck on all the other expenses people forget about.
by Computer Crashed
Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Been on holidays since Xmas, go back on the 29th.
Wife booked a QLD trip with 2 of the kids mid last year, I couldn't commit due to work.
Eldest lad is 21, needs no looking after, I've been doing the swimming sessions 7 times a week for my daughter while the wife works, so basically just killing time doing odd jobs around home for a couple of weeks.
We have an old miners cottage at Moonta where the Tinnie is kept etc.
Wife and 2 kids leave on Monday morning for 11 nights in QLD.
I'm outta here as soon as I've dropped them off, that I am looking forward to.
by Computer Crashed
Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

After a couple of visits to Port Noarlunga recently to do some snorkeling with the kids I have fallen in love with the place, that reef is awesome for the various types of fish getting around it.
Did this last weekend.
Loved it.
Got there about midday Sat and left after a feed at the fish and chip shop around 7.30pm.
Snorkelled the reef, played beach cricket, everyone took a feed and had a great day.
Well worth the effort from Walkley Heights.
by Computer Crashed
Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Tour of South Africa

Test cricket at its best.
Bloke carrying two jugs of beer back to his seat with his mate.
Looked bloody cold too, apparently we live in the lucky country.
by Computer Crashed
Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2018

GG finally get their well deserved win.
Out played the opposition for 80% of the game and actually took full use of 80% of their opportunities, makes one hell of a difference.
Well done to Eric and his players for sticking fat with a 0 - 10 record before today.
Some very happy GG footballers.
Congrats lads.
by Computer Crashed
Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2018

Yes Luke is Graham’s young lad. Quite the footballer.
His old man should have played state cricket, they introduced the academy when he was up and about and he dipped out due to the influx of interstate players. Best cricketer i got to play with. Never knew his lad was quite the footballer, great people the Yates crew.
by Computer Crashed
Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

I am hearing the leading goal kicker in Div6 is now back to being a defender and is a little disgruntled by it?

It won’t matter as at least 1, if not 2 Rosewater forwards will kick double figures tomorrow and turn that list on it’s head. Worst Para Hills side on paper I’ve ever seen.

I’ve heard Rosewater are resting 4-5 as they seen the Para Hills list! :shock:

3-4 absolute C graders on that list.

What’s happening down there great man? I see plenty of quality only playing in the twos this year and am hearing that’s where they are happy to play.

No idea mate, I cant speak for others.

I may just let this topic go through to the keeper............ :-# :-k

Come on.
Have some cans and spill the beans please.
by Computer Crashed
Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2018

locky801 wrote:Final score

PHOS 12 4

Broadview 6 9

Well done to the Broady boys this year, great effort and recruiting, shame the rest of the sides left have just full on flog supporters and big headed footballers rubbing each other groins, PHOS are a just pass.
Come on the Phossers, knock those spuds off.
by Computer Crashed
Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

Without intending to be a smart arse they probably should have thought about all this before they left their club captain out on the field to cause intentional harm to the opposition for the entirety of a match whilst being on AAA’s. Can wait till at least November as far as I’m concerned. I think it’s worth 1 year on the sidelines personally.

some fairly big assumptions....

the umps did not report, not give out any cards that game... and from what i've been told (remember only told).. the ump stated that the trinity player "ducked" into the knee....when the incident occured...

Didn't those two umps receive some sort of suspension from that game as well?
Umps would have been shit scared to incriminate on the day, that's the beauty of video, no lies there.
Catch 22, save your life or get suspended from umpiring.
That's why repeat offenders need to be shown the door.
by Computer Crashed
Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2018

Well done PNUFC, nearly, but not close enough for us. Sainters, lets look forward to our 28th straight year in Div 1 next year. Good luck to the 2's and 18's in the big dance, and the mighty C.s with another shot at the Chardonays. See how they bitch about this one!!

Pretty sure Goodies are by far the clubhouse leader on continuous years in D1. Who's next? TTG and ROCS?
Broadview hold the record i believe.
by Computer Crashed
Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Heard someone from the stable of Dal Harraild on the radio yesterday.
Was very confident the horse is ready to run a big race in the Herbert Power and stated the horse is way over at 21s.
Time will tell.
I'm a getting on purely for the odds and the unknown ability.
by Computer Crashed
Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Aust batsmen are a million miles away from the Indian's.
Our bowlers don't get any rest, wasn't surprised at all to see what has happened in the past 7 days of Test Cricket.
Graham Hick can take the next bus home, no return.
CA have screwed up our test team in the pursuit of $$$$$$$$$$$, everyone knows it but the big question is what are they going to do about it.
Well played India, strong leadership and pure love for the game.
by Computer Crashed
Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 3 - #putyourcoxout

amber_fluid wrote:Wasn’t that Knight?

I stand corrected.
Thank you.
Still a stupid act.
by Computer Crashed
Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne

Surely Brad Scott grows some testicles and walks away, 10 years and going backwards.
Sydney are shit and we are worse.
Last night should have been 4 points in the kitty.
Don't want to hear Goldy should have got a free kick, that is just BS.
Side should never have been in the position it was if it was any good.
FO Scott NOW.
by Computer Crashed
Sun May 19, 2019 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2019

Can anyone provide me with stats that suggest Douglas deserves a game at AFL level right now, i would love to see what he has done at SANFL to warrant a recall.
Before anyone gets on here and reminds me he is a past BF winner i will remind them it is 2019 and there are hungrier faster footballers that should be playing in front of him.
They have bit the bullet and dropped his other partner in crime Mckay, both go missing when the big games in Sept are there to be won.
Why persist with Douglas ?
Anyone agree ?
by Computer Crashed
Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 2^4

CHALLENGE - Name a more overrated player than Brodie Smith
Why Mackay and Douglas still get games has got me baffled, been around for 10 + years and always go missing when the going gets tough.
Pretenders and both are fair weather footballers, chuck on top of that they are both as slow as F++k now.
Surely there are others in the squad hungrier to play than those two.
by Computer Crashed
Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 3 - 2019

Astonishing first 1/4 at Harpers field.
Glenunga 8.5 to GG 0.1.
GG failed to use the breeze at all in the second 1/4.
16.8 to 4.5 at 3/4 time.
GG drew within 15 pts with 5 mins to go.
A settling goal to Glenunga saw them safe and sound.
Not often a 9.7 to 1.1 last 1/4 doesn't see you get the chockies.
Glenunga are an extremely good side but GEE they know it.
Would rather see Port win a flag than this mob.
by Computer Crashed
Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Damian Lane is quality, good jockeys give average to above average horses every chance by putting them in the race and not hoping for luck.
Other jockeys get on the best horses but can fail because they are on the best horses and ride for luck, they look great when they win.
This is a good jockey that only gets to ride heavy weighted horses due to weight concerns.

https://www.racenet.com.au/jockey/ashley-butler
by Computer Crashed
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2020

The Bedge wrote:
Computer Crashed wrote:Ease up Marshmallow.
You might see Triple M at Lindblom Park.

Oh forgot your kids have gone to the Bulls.. must make them world beaters now :P

Triple M mate.
Dad is as fit as F#@K :D :D :D :D
by Computer Crashed
Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Can any of the mods explain how to stop all the crap advertising popping up on my screen every time i am on this site please.
Thank you in advance.
by Computer Crashed
Sun May 17, 2020 8:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
OnBaller wrote:Speaking of reserves.
Smithfield are a great bunch of blokes. down the whole game and played in good spirit, laughs and sportsmanship. Well played boys!

100% agree, thought the same thing last week.

Brilliant stuff to hear.
Fun is the name of the game especially in the times we are in.
by Computer Crashed
Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Spargo wrote:Pt Victoria Caravan Park
Wife, kids & Mum back in the cabins.
Just Me & the old man at the BBQ taking our time, footy on one device, Sky Channel the other, talking shit
Plenty of cold tins
Oh yeah.

Pt Hughes Caravan Park for a week starting Aug 3rd, i know where you are coming from.
by Computer Crashed
Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2020

so I'm guessing your respect level also would've been zero if the game had gone ahead and half of your club got infected
Heard that the football club contacted the amateur league to come clean about the scam after they were told every senior player would need to be tested before being allowed to play again.

Classic lol
Chaos.
by Computer Crashed
Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kenilworth by 4 points. Pulled it from the fire and looked dead 3/4 time kicking in to the wind.

Lockleys premiership shirts and hat order currently on hold.

Game was a bloody good standard. I thought we were dead at 3/4 time and was likely to lose by 6-7 goals. What our boys showed in the last was all about how far they have come this year and was all heart. Outstanding effort from such a young side. These results don’t mean much until you win finals but it’s hard not to admire the effort shown today.
Well done.
Flag is up for grabs, even though PFC knocked you off i thought you were a better side than Lockleys that smashed PFC.
All the best.
by Computer Crashed
Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Salisbury v Pooraka
No Armstrong, timpano x 2 and Egel will hurt Pooraka, think Salisbury are a real Smokey in the grade. If they can get past Pooraka this week I think they can make the GF as they match up well with both CLG and Kenilworth
Thinking this one might be abit of a blowout and I’ll pick Salisbury by 6 goals

Kenilworth v CLG
Once one club, these two old rivals are playing for the chance to take on Lockleys next week. Earlier in the year Kenilworth blew the lions away with rampant attacking footy. They’ll go into this one as raging favourites. They will hope to bury the ghosts of 2019 and move onto next weeks
Closer then round 4 but Kenilworth by 22 points

CLG and Kenilworth in the twos
Yes big outs for Pooraka, Timpano's are in a wedding :twisted:
My biggest bug bare in sport ever.
by Computer Crashed
Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eclectic Racing Names

Swan Hill today.
R6 #4 Don't Make Me Wait.
Sire - Foreplay.
Dam - Fuss.
by Computer Crashed
Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lots of 'What ifs' either way. But didn't like No.20 from Kenilworth dropping the knees on the Lockleys defender to give away a cheap free kick to start that passage of play off. Was a real 'Coach Killer', from a 50-50 ball inside your Forward 50 to the ball going down the other end resulting in the winning goal of a Grand Final.
Yeah mate, you'd probably find <a href="tel:20-30 50/50">20-30 50/50</a> calls watching a replay from the other side of where the umpire views the game from, at the end of the day you've gotta make sure you always protect your lead or get far enough in front so any 50/50 decisions won't hurt you.

Lockleys were the best side for the season, they deserved to win the flag, Kenilworth were gallant in defeat and it would've been kudos to them if they had of been able to topple Lockleys at the big dance, well done to both teams for such a spectacle of finals footy.

Was a great game to watch - It wasn’t pretty but the pressure was incredible throughout and it was probably the most intense game for 4 quarters at this level I’ve ever seen in the lower divs.
Sounds like it was a brilliant clash between the two best sides, shame there is only one winner.
Celebrate well Lockleys and come back ready for redemption KFC.
Well done both clubs.
by Computer Crashed
Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final Eagles v South

It's not a normal season obviously and some casuals would still be staying away. 5k+ would be a good crowd considering the teams involved imo.
5K on TV is a terrible look.
So don't watch it.
Why not ? I will go .

I just would like to see a good crowd for those non SANFL supporters who will watch it.
Far out , sorry for wanting good crowds and the SANFL to look good.
It is what it is Brett, life goes on and just deal with it.
Get out there and support your side, who cares how many go, there are four footy sides turning up playing on the best footy oval in Australia for a crack at the major prize.
Do you actually think they give a shit whether or not 10 people turn up or 10,000 ?
These blokes have busterd their arses.
As for the look on TV, who gives a rats.
by Computer Crashed
Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 Magarey Medalist

Wedgie wrote:Congratulations Campbell Combe from North Adelaide! :D

North Adelaide :D
by Computer Crashed
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Kabir Luthra with back to back tons.

5 scores of over 50 and averaging 66 this year

Get him in the red backs

has had a great start to the year although does not have 5 scores over 50, has 4 and 2 ducks

limited success in 2/3rd grade last season by the looks

never made state sides at 17s or 19s
Damir Jokic syndrome when i was around, sad to watch.
Might be just coming out of his shell, he had class.
by Computer Crashed
Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Farms V Princes was crazy, Farms 8/97 needing 101 for the win.
Ended up with 230, strange game cricket.
by Computer Crashed
Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |