Search found more than 2527 matches

Return

Re: Things that you rate!

Corona Man wrote:The first extremely cold Heineken at the $5 kiwi price point... gold!

$5 kiwi Heinekens still doing the job..,
by Corona Man
Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals week 2

Spargo wrote:Big night for MT79, Wedgie & REB & Bum Crack.

Wedgie will still be pissed the game wasn't played down at the sleepy hollow.
by Corona Man
Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday

Pseudo wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Cheers guys! Got an awesome present last night. :D

... and your football team won as well? ;)

Wedgie's missus carried him home last night...he was at very long odds to be throwing a leg over!
by Corona Man
Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Now it's going to be a postal vote that won't count.

daysofourlives wrote:Can now be purchased :D
Mine is for sale for the right price if i evefr recieve it :)

Got mine today.... not sure what to do with it though. I have no issue with gay marriage, why is it that only the straight can be miserable?
by Corona Man
Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Got a game lined up at Growling Frog (Google it) for the Sunday after the AFL GF... could be just the tonic if the unthinkable happens, and the cows actually win it! First hit since Thailand. Got a corporate golf day to play later in October up in Sydney, so I'd better sneak a hit in.
by Corona Man
Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward too

October 7 at Flemington. Turnbull Stakes and the Manifold...tickets secured.
by Corona Man
Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals Week 3

McGovern out will be a bigger loss than some expect. I think he is often the most effective forward for the fruit tingles. Hoping for a good game, where the Cats get up on the last kick of the night, due to a dubious "high tackle" call to Selwood.
by Corona Man
Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

PatowalongaPirate wrote:My Friday Forecast :

- Crows to be slow out of the blocks
- Blicavs to run with Sloane and nullify him to an extent
- Dangerfield to be targeted but also compensated by the umpires
- The city of Adelaide to become almost unbearable for non crowies next week.
- Attendance 52,978

Almost?
by Corona Man
Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Glad the AFL have their minds on ensuring the YES vote gets over the line rather than what is turning out to be the most Boring, Uninspiring and Shithouse Finals series of ALL TIME !!!!
And Gill the Dill still wants to keep the F*&^%^&G bounce despite the clowns in Green stuffing every second bounce up :oops: :roll:

Go back to local footy you flog
Yeah Jackpot how dare you come on here and have an opinion.
by Corona Man
Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Glad the AFL have their minds on ensuring the YES vote gets over the line rather than what is turning out to be the most Boring, Uninspiring and Shithouse Finals series of ALL TIME !!!!
And Gill the Dill still wants to keep the F*&^%^&G bounce despite the clowns in Green stuffing every second bounce up :oops: :roll:

Go back to local footy you flog
Yeah Jackpot how dare you come on here and have an opinion.

And I’m allowed to say his opinion belongs in the last century.
In your opinion!
by Corona Man
Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:
prowling panther wrote:
Gozu wrote:Gotta feel for the Geelong fans that came over though

WHY?

Because We know how it feels to get pumped in a prelim.

Always sucks for the losing fans.

Just imagine what happens if Richmond lose tomorrow. There will be riots

I do hope you get a GF ticket Benny and get to the G next Saturday.
by Corona Man
Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In all seriousness though, as SA Footy Forums resident #1 CT, it would be awesome for Benny to be there in the flesh to witness "his boys" (who knew he owned the franchise) taste success on the big stage.

Conversely it would be awesome for Benny to be there in the flesh to witness "his boys" get their arse handed to them on a plate, on the big stage.
by Corona Man
Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:Bloody antenna shit itself. Can't watch the bloody game

Sounds like you have a Cola issue.... cannot own live antenna
by Corona Man
Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bulldogproud wrote:The Crows should be sitting back and loving the terrible form shown by both sides here

Tigers up and about... they should be shiting themselves
by Corona Man
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Grand Final : Adelaide v Richmond

If either Cotchin or Sloane were to be suspended which I hope either aren't, then double or triple it and make them serve it next year.
No one deserves to miss a GF for those minor indiscretions.

I don’t think cotchin should be suspended, but if he does, he has no one to blame but himself for doing stupid shit earlier in the year.

If anyone thinks Sloane has a case to answer they are either trolling or deadset cooked

Just the standard response from Benny when someone doesnt agree with him
I thought he called them out as flogs or dinosaurs!?
by Corona Man
Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brodlach wrote:Surely you should all want Adelaide to win, the old SA v Vics ;)

Will your blokes be wearing State Guernseys?
by Corona Man
Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brownlow

I was hoping to get a look at Jerkas missus, but apparently she ducked out the back.
by Corona Man
Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Mrs C over in Melbourne with me this week, in preparation for her and Miss C to make the permanent move later in the year, was cooking last night. She asked me "where I keep the herbs".... my reply.... "I have salt and pepper, does that count?"
by Corona Man
Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Stunned at the amount of Crowies at work and on the road that assumed and/or expected me to be barracking for them this week due to the SA v VIC thing.
The look on their faces when I reply "**** No"
I understand where you are coming from, I would barrack for the umpires, grounds men, the cleaners or anyone before Port. That's how footy should be
100% agree, that's how I feel about the crows. We all enjoy a little banter, so don't take it personally, it's just the way it is.
by Corona Man
Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Didn't think I would ever say this...... working on a public holiday tomorrow!

The rewards - A day in lieu before Melb Cup Day = 4 day weekend & ignoring an insignificant parade in the CBD tomorrow.
by Corona Man
Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Please allah/god/buddha/booney

If there is a higher power amongst them may they direct it towards Richmond....
Fair dinkum..... all Ive put up with is hearing how great the Crows are ...blah blah ******* blah

So im calling for a Coalition against Crows.

The deity that is Boon, will surely bestow only good things upon his followers. I was blind (drunk) and now I can see!

What we are really praying for MT_79 is a Choke-alition from the Crows.
by Corona Man
Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zero, and I mean zero traffic on the Ring Road in Melbourne - Sweet!!!!!
by Corona Man
Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Off-Season

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:SEN 1116 have confirmed that Jake Stringer’s manager Phil Collins has announced that Stringer has signed a landmark 5 year deal worth over $750,000 per year with the Geelong Football Club

**** that

Phil Collins....Sue, Sue Phsdio?
by Corona Man
Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best Supporter Group to hang sh&t on

The best to hang shit on...

Crows fans... is, was and always will be!

Close thread.
by Corona Man
Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Richmond 2017

Ch 7 Melbourne broadcasting a full replay of the win over GWS, to be followed by a full replay of yesterday's game.
by Corona Man
Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Flemington Saturday. I think I hear Winx is running... can anyone confirm?
by Corona Man
Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Haven't seen Tex' post GF speech, only read what he had to say. Seems like he's copping a fair bit of stick for it, but from what I read I didn't really see a problem. You'd be gutted about your team and own performance, and it's really all about the winners so say your bit and get off the mic asap. Guessing it didn't come across that way though?
I thought he said all that was needed to be said, certainly nothing more. Which is probably fair enough.
by Corona Man
Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:
Well, Port couldn't win on Saturday so we could only hope for the next best thing. :D

Just a pity you blokes didn't fight as hard as Paddy did.

Who did Paddy whack?

Nic Nat?
by Corona Man
Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:Didn't Centrals use that 'no ruckmen' tactic in the 2004 GF or something

North Adelaide haven't had a ruckman since Mick Redden retired, we have never made an advantage out of it though.
by Corona Man
Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawthorn 2017

Booney wrote:September 2017 - AFL presidents should shut up and not talk about football!

October 2017 - Yay! Kennett is back, we love Jeff!!

Yes, yes we do.
by Corona Man
Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Miss CM (daughter) being accepted into a Melbourne University for 2018..... Plans coming together!
by Corona Man
Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Anyone else still just dropping "Yellow and black" into their thoughts throughout the day?

No quite the opposite actually. I've found myself humming.... we're the pride of south Australia.... often followed by a giggle outburst.
by Corona Man
Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Booney wrote:Did Walker give Cameron a spray too?

Yeah, like a Tom Cat would.
by Corona Man
Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2017

LMA wrote:Bit like the Crows celebrating their GF at Adelaide Oval instead of West Lakes

Or like Crows fans celebrating their Premiership after the Prelim Final.
by Corona Man
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Thailand, Laos & Cambodia

So I need some advise lads, The Mrs and I get married the last sat in Feb so looking at the Honeymoon March/April looking at the places listed below-

Langkawi
Pattaya
Bangkok
Koh Samui and
Phuket

Thinking alone the lines of flying to Bangkok probably spending 2 nights, Then maybe 3 nights in Pattaya, 3-4 nights in Koh Samui or Langkawi.
We are going to finish with a 7 nights in Phuket as the Mrs Parents are bringing the kids over for the last week.

I've heard mixed reports on Bangkok and Pattaya (All great reports from the footy lads :lol: ) but the Mrs and I are pretty keen to experience it for ourselves. We've heard great stories about both Koh Samui and Langkawi so we may even go to both and just extend the honeymoon by an extra 2 or 3 nights.

The other thing I was concerned about was the weather around that time of the year? To be honest I have no idea what it will be like I guess it cant be to bad....

Any help would be much appreciated.

FWIW....

Bangkok awesome, depending on what you want to see do, 2/3 days max. I would avoid Pattaya if I were you. The girl scene is huge. Unless your missus is particularly broad minded, it can be very confronting. Koh Samui is awesome, perfect honeymoon sort of spot, and better in my opinion than Phuket. I've not been to Langkawi so I cannot comment or make comparison. Koh Samui beached are better than Phuket & way, way better than Pattaya.

March/April - coming out of high season so prices get better. Weather wise will be getting warmer. Shorts, singlet, thongs..... no problem.
by Corona Man
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Also Carey, I believe if you go to Koh Samui, you can get a Ferry back to the mainland. It may be one option, other than either flying back to Bangkok, then down to Phuket, or directly Koh Samui-Phuket.

My advice.

Bangkok - 2 nights

Koh Samui - 6/7 nights

Phuket - 5/6 nights.
by Corona Man
Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup 2018

bennymacca wrote:Anyone could have scored after that cross.

But yes Cahill still gets himself in the right spot and finishes

I couldn't score in a room full of nympho's.
by Corona Man
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup 2018

I know nothing about the game... but why do our blokes **** around with it when the gat inside scoring range...FFS shoot!
by Corona Man
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cheers for the feedback lads, Much appreciated.

I suggested giving Pattaya a miss, But the Mrs is hell bent on going there! Therefore we've dropped Langkawi off the list, Which I wanted to go, could be an anniversary trip. So I have looked in to the golf in Pattaya and looks very inviting. The Mrs had friends go there and they have told her how cheap it was and bang the word 'Cheap' used and she's there! The Mrs is also super keen on the shopping in Bangkok (MBK, Mango and the Markets she has been all over them) so it looks like our 'relaxing chill time' will be in Koh Samui, Before the inlaws and kids join us in Phuket for a bit of a family trip.

we've basically decided on the below; (Although I didn't really care)

Bangkok (2 nights)
Pattaya (3 nights)
Koh Samui (4 nights)
Phuket (8 nights)

logistically need to work out the timing. (High/Low season, Round 1 of the AFL, Easter, Work etc etc) but looking at leaving in the first few days of March.
Carey - the saving grace of Pattaya is the golf - it's sensational. Look up a mob called The Golf Club. They are on Soi Metro in Central Pattaya. Run by a couple of yanks they put on golf days 3/4 days a week. Good courses, and all you have to do is turn up on time. They take care of the rest. You can even use their hire clubs (decent stuff - Callaway etc), if you decide to take your own clubs, they can store them for you too. The Golf Club is a bar/restaurant (right next door to a place called the devils den......the mind boggles!) but they also put on a decent BBQ feed on Wednesday nights.

By the look of your itinerary you are doing a lot of packing & un-packing but each to their own. Personally I think you will love Koh Samui, and want more time there! Enjoy, oh and a holiday report please!
by Corona Man
Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Richmond 2017

To sum up the Richmond 2017 thread.

Regular season, finals & Premiership = 3 pages of discussion.

Girlie photo scandal post season - 4 pages of discussion.
by Corona Man
Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

Brodlach wrote:Rockliff gun if his shoulder is good
Motlop is Jimmy Toumpas the second.

Yeah he is no Charlie Cameron!
by Corona Man
Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Running (plodding in my case) onto the G tomorrow, to finish my 6 k, as part of the Melbourne marathon.
by Corona Man
Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

amber_fluid wrote:Spending the last week and a bit in Melbourne.
Great place, love it.
And there’s **** all Power and Crows supporters over there too which makes it even better. :lol:

Yes, that's just another bonus of living here. Footy supporters with realistic outlooks.
by Corona Man
Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

PatowalongaPirate wrote:I wonder when Spargo will be sober enough to tell us about his golfing weekend away.

Probably January or February I'm tipping.
by Corona Man
Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Off-Season

I saw G Ablett beat the Hawks this season off his own boot, which admittedly wasn't that hard. He can still play, has 3 seasons in him as a dangerous small forward, with some pinch hitting through the midfield.
by Corona Man
Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:Getting hard yet Wedge?

:lol:

Give him 24 hours, or a little blue tab.
by Corona Man
Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |