Search found more than 2527 matches

Return

Re: Things that you rate!

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Corona Man wrote:The Aussie $$ getting back to .75 to the USD... come on, go you good thing!

Holidays or internet shopping??

Holidays, I'm hoping for parity in 3 weeks time!
by Corona Man
Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MW wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Corona Man wrote:The Aussie $$ getting back to .75 to the USD... come on, go you good thing!

Holidays or internet shopping??

Holidays, I'm hoping for parity in 3 weeks time!

I'd be praying...

That won't help me MW.
by Corona Man
Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My greatly improved cooking skills. As a BAB (Born Again Batchelor) neccisity have been the mother of invention. Tonight it's lamb shoulder roast with 3 veg and an Annie's Lane Merlot... still looking forward to Mrs C getting over here later in the year none the less..
No doubt, someone has to do the dishes...
You really know how to bring a bloke down Spargo... that would be me tonight!
by Corona Man
Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My greatly improved cooking skills. As a BAB (Born Again Batchelor) neccisity have been the mother of invention. Tonight it's lamb shoulder roast with 3 veg and an Annie's Lane Merlot... still looking forward to Mrs C getting over here later in the year none the less..
by Corona Man
Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Meat and 3 veg, you'll be on master chef in no time. :lol:
Not to forget pairing it with the Merlot!
by Corona Man
Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans

woodublieve12 wrote:Tippett omitted

Bahahaha
by Corona Man
Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 12

MW wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Frees 10 to Adelaide, 2 to Saints #freekickadelaide

Besides two of them they are all there

So that should read 10 to Adelaide and 0 to Saints?
by Corona Man
Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

JK wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
MW wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Frees 10 to Adelaide, 2 to Saints #freekickadelaide

Besides two of them they are all there

So that should read 10 to Adelaide and 0 to Saints?

:lol: you're too quick mate

That's what Mrs Corona says!
by Corona Man
Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zzzzzzzzzzz
by Corona Man
Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Zzzzzzzzzzz

Flag favs are back in town

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
by Corona Man
Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^ Waiting... that's something you are accustomed too.
by Corona Man
Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Went out for just my second hit in the past 6 months since moving east. Had a hit at Bundoora which is a public course. Standard layout really, not that long but fairly tight fairways. Greens a little slow. Best described as an up and back layout, but all things considered not in too bad condition for a public course that I assume is council maintained. Started off a bit rusty with a double bogey. 3 straight bogies for the next 3 or 4 holes before a couple of pars. Played the back 9 with a local who plays off 7. He explained a couple of holes on the back where position off the tee was important. Green Fees are $20 after 1.00pm. Managed all 18 in 4 hours the back 9 was slow after flying around the front. One birdie for the day, and a few froths to top it off.
by Corona Man
Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

bennymacca wrote:For all the doom and gloom from non crows supporters, we are back on top

Yep. Cancel the rest of the season. You blokes win!
by Corona Man
Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

JK wrote:
Corona Man wrote:I was thinking the Hawks needed to start a yike, or at least get unsociable against the suns. God knows if Hartung threw a punch.... he would miss the target!

And if he connects he would miss games ... win-win ;)

So if he does throw one, let's hope it's at Ricky Henderson.
by Corona Man
Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 AFL Season

AFL Grand Final entertainment = The Killers
NRL Grand Final entertainment = Pearl Jam
Who wins that one?

The AFL easily.

The NRL need the big names to entertain the masses, the AFL has the game to do that.
Yes. The fact Meatloaf played at the last GF I went to certainly didn't impact on my day!
Well Helen D'Amico was the ahem entertainment at my last Grand Final.
by Corona Man
Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A. Scamming my way into the Virgin Lounge
B. Coming home this weekend
C. Getting to see my lad go through the hoops with his mates at the local footy
D. Catching up with mates for a few frothies at the local footy
E. Getting to see my daughter play women's footy on Sunday
F. Seeing Mrs Corona
by Corona Man
Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A. Scamming my way into the Virgin Lounge
B. Coming home this weekend
C. Getting to see my lad go through the hoops with his mates at the local footy
D. Catching up with mates for a few frothies at the local footy
E. Getting to see my daughter play women's footy on Sunday
F. Seeing Mrs Corona

Bugger...if i knew you would be at the airport I wouldve let you buy me a beer....

Bloody expensive beer in that joint!
Freebies in the lounge MT 8)
by Corona Man
Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel 10

Just announced its been placed into voluntary administration after its billionnaire owners pulled future cash.

wonder what that means in terms of the channel in general.

surely they wont be bidding for the big bash rights.

might see a shakeup of FTA TV
And the end of a good number of garbage shows they broadcast!
by Corona Man
Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

stan wrote:
Corona Man wrote:$5 Heinkens in an Irish Bar in Auckland... that's about $4.75 AUD?!? Not too mention, on the company card.

Mate what is the point of cheap drinks while on the company card.

I can have more of them and not raise the suspicion of the CFO!
by Corona Man
Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
Booney wrote:Does Jenkins come straight back in, or does he drive to Prospect this weekend?

No.... his driver will take him there, given the coin he is on.

Lol look at the hawthorn supporters trying to deflect

You were saying?
by Corona Man
Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 14

LaughingKookaburra wrote:At the game. Crows just need to tidy it up. There is not that much pressure or perceived pressure, they just aren't being clean even in the open! If they clean it up they'll beat them by 10 goal.

Excellent post.
by Corona Man
Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spectacular views.
Played solidly for 35pts.
One of those days that couldve been better with a mm here and there for a putt to drop. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170624/503a9eca4b11a968fc9c3e99154e1039.jpg

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
#14?
7th green

Carey #14!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
by Corona Man
Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 14

Why is Mick Molloy on the pre game? Quite possibly the un-funniest "comedian" since Dave Hughes. #notalenthack
by Corona Man
Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hit a bucket of balls at my local driving range. A mixed bag, started off cutting most of them, the ol' lazy slice. Mind you I was a little distracted at the start by the young Asian lady in the active wear in the bay next to me! Slowly come good and got a better ball flight and shape happening. Even gave a few the "twirl" by the end. Looking forward to a few games in the coming weeks.
by Corona Man
Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best Supporter Group to hang sh&t on

Adelaide. Their fans even go on forums trying to get some sort of affirmation that other supporter groups are preferred targets to them.
Here endeth the lesson. No sign of the originator of this topic for some time now. Could it be too much sh&t was hung on him?

Or perhaps I have a life, family, play and coach and come on here once a week when I'm bored and the footy is on.

I'm not your still posting at 2am with half witted troll posts type operator.

Each to their own though.

Bahaha

Hook, Line, Sinker. :lol:

A few things though. I am fairly confident that most board members here have played the game, and a very good percentage of them have coached or volunteered in some capacity at their local sporting clubs. We all have lives, families and commitments so don't think you are a Robinson Carurso there thegrowler. And while I applaud the effort at your local club, I do hope you provide a little more substance to them, than the dross you roll with on here. :roll:

Yes my post last Friday was late, or early depending on your perspective. I was unaware there was a curfew! I was actually in New Zealand last week with work. I was up at 4.30am local time (or thereabouts) as I had an early start. That's when I checked to see, much to my amusement, that the Hawks had indeed beaten the flag favorites on their own dungheap. Seemed a good opportunity to hang a bit of sh@t.... and after all, you started the topic. But once again when challenged you roll with "troll" line - and quite poorly what's more - "troll posts type operator" - this was actually wubsy's line! No too mention labeling REB as a self righteous flog..... pot, kettle, black. :finga:

This forum is open (to the best of my knowledge) to footy followers all over the country, and indeed the globe, not those who can only operate within a 20k radius of AO, and panic if they don't get to tune into the ramblings of KG & cRowey every week. :rolleyes:

Thanks for reading, but I had better get back to my work now, a lot to tidy up in the next day and a half, before I head away OS for another 3 weeks. So, please excuse me thegrowler if I post on here at a time inconvenient to you. There are time zones other than Aust CST.

Enjoy the footy!
by Corona Man
Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1. Tidying up my desk
2. Dishing off some work to colleagues
3. Setting the out of office on my e-mail
4. Sliding the magnet board marker next to my name to "Out"
5. Pissing off for 3 weeks holiday.
by Corona Man
Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 360 - (and other Foxtel footy programs)

bennymacca wrote:
Corona Man wrote:I miss my Foxtel... while I agree with some of the sentiments here re the bounce, it's good Sunday evening, give your brain a break television.

Yep, still find myself watching it a lot

I am back to SA this weekend..... US Open golf on..... coincidence, I think not!
by Corona Man
Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arriving out our digs on Koh Samui.
by Corona Man
Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Drinking $3 beers in my favourite bar on Koh Samui surrounded by Collingwood supporters as the Hawks get up!
by Corona Man
Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Discussing lunch options over a beer with a pommie couple staying at our digs...

Me - we could try hooters!

Mrs C - are there any blokes there in skimpy shorts?

Pommie Bloke - Well it is Thailand!
by Corona Man
Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sounds like I'm all set, playing Sea Pines in Hua Hin tomorrow.
by Corona Man
Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Sounds like I'm all set, playing Sea Pines in Hua Hin tomorrow.

Send through some happy snaps

If I can work out how to post a photo... no problem #nufty
by Corona Man
Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

PatowalongaPirate wrote:Corona Man might still be snorkelling for Titleists...

Callaways I will have you know!
by Corona Man
Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ok short review of Sea Pines. Overcast day it was still when I hit off but gradually the breeze got up. Last hole playing into the wind meant an extra club. Overall a decent track with some challenging holes. I was not off the championship tees but was still long enough. Thought the greens were a little slow by Thai standards. Front 9 was crap for me 49. Blame it on the Changs! Bit better on the back 45. Had a few birdie putts, none dropped. Too many double bogies to count! Hit it reasonably well off the tee, but the irons were horrible, really horrible. Wasn't a cheap day, but what the F. Yes Patawolonga Pirate was correct, I drowned 3 balls for the day + 3cans!
by Corona Man
Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

heater31 wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Buddhist Lent (or Easter, buggered if I know) no grog being served in bars.

Booking a holiday at that time of year.....

that sounds like something @carey would do ;)

Did the same thing 4 years ago!

Went to 7/11 last night stocked the fridge in our room... sorted!
by Corona Man
Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Banyan - Hua Hin.

Played as a members guest in the comp. The Banyan clubhouse is the biggest fanciest I've ever seen. I will stand corrected here but I think it's the number 1 course in Asia. Was put in a group with 3 Indian guys, one was the GM of the Radisson here, the other a local businessman, the other on holiday from Mumbai. Needless to say there was some cricket chat. Played from the members tees, it's a stern test of golf. One that I failed! Basically if you miss the fairway, it's jungle, you won't find your ball. Bunkers and water everywhere huge greens.... the whole shabang. With some national pride at stake I managed a few pars but it was mainly double bogies and worse. 24 pts on a tough course in the heat and humidity that had my golf shirt wringing wet by the 3rd hole. Enjoyed a few beers at the bar afterwards. The field made up of Yanks, Germans, Dutch, Thais, Irishand Indian players. This Aussie was well out of the prizes. Banyan sits in the best 5 courses I've played comfortably.
by Corona Man
Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 17 (Boon in Bali)

FWIW.... $1 AUD = $25.80THB in the street.... in Patpong!
Damn, still once i went there and it was 22 but was happy days when it was 33.
Ill be single handedly pushing thw Aussie dollar up over the next three months (exactly today) and hoping the ruple drops too!
I was in Phuket once and was getting 33.... happy days!
by Corona Man
Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 17 (Boon in Bali)

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Eddie carrying on as if the Hawks can win with 18 seconds left

And they nearly did!

Only saw bits of the last half, looked like a good open game being played by both sides. Danger despite injury won the game for the Cats.
by Corona Man
Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne

MW wrote:What's puzzled me of late, is how has B.Scott become a coaching option for other clubs when his own club is sitting at 17th on the ladder.

What puzzles me is that B Scott is a coach.
by Corona Man
Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Thailand, Laos & Cambodia

A quick wrap of our 2017 holiday, writing this while it is fresh in my mind as we sit waiting for our flight home.
Holiday was booked in June 2016, at a time when my work life was very uncertain. We made the decision, that after a 4 year hiatus, an overseas break was in order. It had been 3 years since our last trip, and would be 4 by the time this one rolled around. Consequently I was a little conservative with parts of our hotel choices. Flights were a no-brainer & booked on frequent flyer points. Between booking holiday & going, I had relocated to Melbourne, Mrs C still in Adelaide. This would be my 4th trip to Thailand. :D

We rendezvoused in Sydney. I arrived a few hours before Mrs C, so snuck in a few jars – at $10 a go I was pleased it was only 1 night in Sydney. Stayed at the Stamford Sydney airport – nice room. Off early the next morning, to Sydney international. Smooth check in, quick look through duty free, nothing purchased. Onto Qantas club for breakfast. Called to board on time, although we sat on tarmac for 45 minutes waiting for some dude on a connecting flight. Pre-ordered lunch – went the Barramundi, very tasty. Nice with the Chardonnay. Mrs C grabbed a duty free watch on board. Plane was about 90 minutes late into Bangkok, bad weather en-route apparently. This meant a bit of a mad dash to the domestic terminal, to make our connecting flight out to Koh Samui. :!!

Checked into Chaba Cabana Koh Samui. This is at the northern end of Chewang Beach. Clean comfortable affordable resort, everything you need, nothing you don’t. We enjoyed a very relaxing week here. The plan all along was to just chill out the first week. Eat, drink, swim, sleep – rinse & repeat. Perfect. Both of got a bit too much sun on the first day, Mrs C tans & goes brown. I burn, peel & go back to white! Enjoyed a few evenings at the Islander Bar – this is in the heart of town. Highly recommended for a good feed, cold beer, footy on the big screen, and 69baht Mojito’s. That’s about $2.20! Enjoyed watching the Hawks beat the Pies here. :drinkers:

Moved onto Hua Hin for the second week. We stayed at the Chom View Hotel, well south of the town in Khao Takiab. This part of Hua Hin is still being developed, and there is a lot of building activity in the area. We soon worked out the best transport method into town. Local Songtaews charge 10baht (about 40 cents) per person anywhere along the route. I played 2 rounds of golf here. Once at Sea Pines, which was very nice, and the other at Banyan, this was an unreal (see review in golf section) golfing experience. Shout out to Sam who runs the Take 5 bar in Khao Takiab, he invited me as his guest to Banyan. All it took was a few drinks at his bar (tough work) and a meal, gotta eat somewhere. Mrs C did a bit of shopping in Hua Hin, but we were holding off for the “main event/s” that were still to come. Witnessed the Hawks draw with the Giants here.

As things turned out, we bailed a day early out of Hua Hin, and headed up to Bangkok. We had previously stayed at the IResidence hotel in Silom, and chose this once again. It’s very close to the BTS line in Bangkok, which is the best way to get around the big Mango. First arvo – we went to MBK which is a huge shopping complex. We went a little silly buying stuff here 4 years ago. By memory we didn’t buy anything this time around. Not really sure why but nothing really grabbed us. The following morning we went to the Emporium on Sukhumvit – this was my stuff up, as I thought we went well here last time. After consulting a map, and a little google searching realized we really wanted the Platinum Fashion Mall. Mrs C had a day out! Took the opportunity to meet with one of my Bangkok based work colleagues for dinner one night, this was followed by more shopping. Bangkok is one big bloody shopping Mall! :Hangman:

Moved onto Hong Kong after 4 days in Bangkok. Our first time here, stayed at the Eaton Kowloon – solid place. A little disappointed by the shopping. To be fair, after Thailand prices, anything looks expensive by comparison. Settled on some touristy sight-seeing instead. Harbour Cruise, Day trip to Hong Kong Island & the laser light show on the harbor at night among the highlights. Saw the Hawks not beat the Cats here!

I don’t think anyone can go through a 3 week holiday without a few “Carey-esque” ****. Mine included assuming my international baggage allowance on Qantas, would be the same (42kg) with Cathay Pacific – it wasn’t. Assuming I could access the Qantas lounge in Bangkok – enroute to Hong Kong – I couldn’t it does not open until 2 pm. Often getting onto either the Bangkok BTS, or the Hong Kong MTS and getting onto the wrong platform/train. I did manage to find the Irish Pub in Bangkok – Molly Malone’s first pop – priorities! :drinkers:

Other observations –
1. Koh Samui has become more commercial in the last 4 years, several new shopping complexs had popped up.
2. Hua Hin golf not as good as in Pattaya. Although the 2 courses played were very good, it’s just harder & more expensive to play here.
3. Bangkok as busy and manic as ever.
4. Hong Kong have the most aggressive Indian tailors encountered to date – ****.
5. Thai people are gentle, considerate and dignified. Chinese are ****.
6. 75% of Chinese men smoke, 100% of Chinese people with an umbrella will poke you in the eye with the ******* thing. 120% of Chinese people walking on the footpath will stop in front of you for no apparent reason. 200% of Chinese people will shout across a room rather than get up and go and talk quietly to their mates! :axe:

At this point we are looking towards Hawaii for our next holiday. Love Thailand, and will definitely return here, and we enjoyed Hong Kong, and can tick this off the list.

All the best,
Corona.

PS – Hope the Bin bloke did his job!
by Corona Man
Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Aussie dollar getting stronger....now!
by Corona Man
Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

Todays pay rise was $0.40.

Once we got a payrise of $0.01.

All per hour.

Aged care needs more.

We all try our best. xx

Polititions, you are all going to end up here.

You will all dream of your bullshit.

and be locked away in dementia.

Joe, reply!

$15 per week pay rise, better than a kick in the snatch.
That would of course depend on the snatch.
by Corona Man
Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 360 - (and other Foxtel footy programs)

Collingwood president and former Footy Show Eddie McGuire will reportedly return to his seat in the host chair as Channel Nine get set to shake up the long-running show.

The Herald Sun has reported on Friday afternoon that McGuire will replace Craig Hutchinson as the main host, and will host the show alongside Rebecca Maddern and Sam Newman, who will keep his spot on the desk .

Next step is to turf Dave Hughes. Have him on as a bit part person if they need too, but not as a panellist ffs
Dave Hughes isn't even a comedian FFS!
by Corona Man
Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:12 months ago I was in the 28s...

Good effort mate.
by Corona Man
Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 18

I reckon Freo are still a big chance
Took the $6 in the run

Very good bet.

I don't know, picked Freo in footy tips, need the to win to make up one on the leader, but not confident. The standard of the game is horrid!

In other game, Callum Sinclair with five goals, putting the final nail in Tippett's coffin?
Tipett more than capable of putting the final nail in his own coffin.
by Corona Man
Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 18

And that folks is home town umpiring at its best. #charityfreekickcollingwood
by Corona Man
Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Magellan wrote:
Corona Man wrote:They should be combing the country to find a replacement.

Sounds like folly, cool you boots. Knot going to happen.

Yeah, yeah..
by Corona Man
Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawthorn 2017

How have Hawks fans seen Ricky Henderson this season? Seems to have been pretty good
I will put my hand up here.... I was always one to take the pi55 out of him at the Crows... spud, turnover king etc... some of his early games for us were in the same vain. Some of his disposal by foot for mine was below AFL standard. He seems to have tidied that part of his game up in the second half of the season. His run has been welcome, and his finishing in front of goal has actually been decent. So I would have to say he has been a plus.
by Corona Man
Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday

Spargo wrote:PatawalongaPirate, the big four - oh!
Salutations Br.

Only 40.... how old is his liver?
by Corona Man
Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 AFL Season

^ 2 could ofs in there. I could be a pro golfer, but I'm shit... same thing.
by Corona Man
Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |